Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone (3252 Views)

Pdp Please Give Up!! Stop Your Propaganda. Nobody Is Voting You Again / EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Onlytruth(m): 3:23am On Jul 05, 2011
Is Imo PDP a political laboratory?

THE pressure reportedly being mounted on the new Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha by acolytes of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to dump his party, the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), on which platform he was elected Governor for the PDP is irritating, premature and amounts to distraction of the governor from accomplishing the task he has set for himself.

Under the guise of paying courtesy visits, the former Foreign Affairs Minister, Chief Ojo Maduekwe and his kinsman, the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, leading a team of PDP big shots, recently besieged Governor Okorocha, enticing him to dump his party, APGA, to join the PDP, which obviously would put him on collision course with Imo people. Do these people want to ruin Okorocha’s political career as they did former Governor Ikedi Ohakim?

The distraction is neither in the interest of the governor nor that of the Imo people. Imo State is not a political laboratory of the PDP where the governors are ever found easy prey to toy with. The PDP should leave Governor Okorocha alone to do the work Imo people have entrusted into his hand. I’m sure those people came on their own volition, not being sent by the PDP leadership. For, the last thing President Jonathan, who’s still battling with forming his cabinet, would be thinking at this time is how to lure Governor Okorocha to PDP.

The fact that Okorocha was a founding member of the PDP, as being argued, is irrelevant and belated. Is Okorocha the only founding member of the PDP who’s no longer in the party? If being a founding member is an advantage, why didn’t the PDP allow him win all the elections he contested since 1999? It’s common knowledge that the PDP today is largely led by people who were never part of the founding fathers. And, it’s not that the PDP controlled states are better off while those under the opposition parties are not. Not belonging to the PDP doesn’t deny any state its statutory rights at the federal level. Every state gets its allocation from the Federation Account. And, the PDP, as a party doesn’t allocate separate funds to states under its control. So, why the fuss?

It’s too early for detractors to pounce on Governor Okorocha, for that would divert his focus and derail his plans for Imo State. This was what happened to the former Governor Ohakim. Ohakim dumped his party after two years in office after starting well as soon as he assumed office on May 29, 2007. Within a couple of months, there was visible change in Owerri, in terms of roads reconstruction, transportation and refuse disposal.

The first two years of Ohakim’s rulership was very fruitful, as he lifted Owerri from the dung hill that his predecessor, Achike Udenwa left the city. Ohakim was definitely on the right track until the PDP began to mount pressure on him to dump his party, the Progressive People’s Alliance (PPA), to which he succumbed. It was from that point that things changed.  From July 2009, when he formally decamped to the PDP, nothing tangible was done again. He used the remaining two years to play destructive politics that finally sent him packing out of the state.

Therefore, for Governor Okorocha, who hasn’t even fully constituted his cabinet, it’s too early to leave the work at hand to start playing politics. It should be clear to those luring him that things have changed, going by the phenomenon of the last general elections. It’s not the PDP chieftains that would vote for him in 2015; it’s Imo people. Let the Governor not allow anybody to deceive him.

Imo people have seen this distraction before. They have seen their governor walk this road of infamy with dire consequences. The same people that misled Ohakim are at it again. That Governor Okorocha is being prodded too early in the day to commit the same error of Ohakim shows that no lesson has been learnt from the Ohakim experience. Governor Okorocha shouldn’t fall into that same trap.

In Imo, you don’t jump party as governor and survive it. Imo people, indeed the entire Southeast like the Southwest, has always been in opposition since independence in 1960. Any exception is questionable. As a matter of fact, Ohakim made history by being the first governor of Imo State, since its inception in 1976, to ever dump the party that brought him to power to join another one. And, he suffered a humiliating defeat at the polls, showing that political prostitution at that level is not wanted in the state.

There should be some modicum of integrity for this democratisation to succeed in the interest of all of us. If you become governor on the platform of any party, you should remain there and complete your term. It’s a social contract which a governor shouldn’t breach.  Former Governor Ohakim was deceived with disastrous result. At the end, he abandoned the state before the handover date of May 29 and fled the country on May 27, thereby becoming the first governor of the state to flee the country at the end of his tenure. Governor Okorocha can’t afford to make the same mistake because he’s a major stakeholder in Imo, indeed, Nigeria.  This is why he should ignore the detractors and concentrate on his job. That’s the right thing to do.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53420:is-imo-pdp-a-political-laboratory-&catid=38:columnists&Itemid=615
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Onlytruth(m): 3:27am On Jul 05, 2011
Just adding my voice of advice to Okorocha. It would be the biggest political mistake of your life to dump APGA during your term.

Imo people are among the most resolute and militant Igbos. They don't forgive and forget political treachery.

If you want to last long in politics, stick to APGA until you complete your term.
Try anything else, you will go down like Ohakim. cool
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by nduchucks: 4:19am On Jul 05, 2011
@Onlytruth, you are probably an empty barrel. If you be proper Imo ndigbo, we shall see you in Pennsylvania later this month, that is if you even know what I'm talking about. olodo
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Onlytruth(m): 4:37am On Jul 05, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

@Onlytruth, you are probably an empty barrel. If you be proper Imo ndigbo, we shall see you in Pennsylvania later this month, that is if you even know what I'm talking about. olodo

I never said I was from Imo.
I am from Nnewi, and I was at Los Angeles this past weekend for Nnewi USA (NUSA) conference/gala night. cool
I am only a passionate Igbo man.  cool
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by nduchucks: 4:40am On Jul 05, 2011
Onlytruth:

I never said I was from Imo.
I am from Nnewi, and I was at Los Angeles this past weekend for Nnewi USA (NUSA) conference/gala night. cool
I am only a passionate Igbo man. cool

ewoooo!! So you are the boy with Al-Quaeda type bear bear dancing ajasco dance at that place. Okwute Palestinians piafuka gi your softest spot.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Onlytruth(m): 4:43am On Jul 05, 2011
]ewoooo!! So you are the boy with Al-Quaeda type bear bear dancing ajasco dance at that place. Okwute Palestinians piafuka gi your softest spot.

grin grin

Kai  Dan iska!

So, you picture me with a long beard?
Apart from Ojukwu, how many Nnewi men have you seen with a beard?
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by houvest: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2011
Too early for this distraction. If it will happen because of his presidential ambition, definitely not now. Maybe in 2 or 3 years time.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Ngodigha: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Monkey, do not be insultive, idiott.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
Now, PDP should leave Imo state (a SE state) alone. You neva start.

PDP carry on jare. If these ppl had learnt their lesson from 8 years of garbageness, they would not have voted in large for PDP in the past election(s).
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by ZnO: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^^
The SE will eat their cakes in both PDP and APGA. We are not donkeys led in the ears like the SW
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
ZnO:

^^^^
The SE will eat their cakes in both PDP and APGA. We are not donkeys led in the ears like the SW

Your imagination is your personal problem.

With LP and ACN, the SW is eating the cake they baked; loosen the power notch of PDP. Obviously, PDP having won large majority of the SE states still believes Imo belongs to them. With the way ACN is eating up state, it will inevitable have [i]your [/i]cake and eat it too. Our mission in 2015 is atleast 3 SE states.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by ZnO: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Your imagination is your personal problem.

With LP and ACN, the SW is eating the cake they baked; loosen the power notch of PDP. Obviously, PDP having won large majority of the SE states still believes Imo belongs to them. With the way ACN is eating up state, it will inevitable have [i]your [/i]cake and eat it too. Our mission in 2015 is atleast 3 SE states.

I hope you know that Ngige (ACN Anambra) is already showing Tinubu that he, like other Igbos are not donkeys. If you want your ACN to implode on your fat face, bring it to the SE.

LP Chairman is an Igbo man, so we run things in Ondo, sorry.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
ZnO:

I hope you know that Ngige (ACN Anambra) is already showing Tinubu that he, like other Igbos are not donkeys. If you want your ACN to implode on your fat face, bring it to the SE.

LP Chairman is an Igbo man, so we run things in Ondo, sorry.

What has he shown? Ngige that is always blowing dust? Without ACN, Ngige would have been replaced by Dora. ROTFL!! If Ngige does not behave, we'll replace him come 2015 wink

LP chairman is an Igbo man, but it seems like most of them LP developments and actions are only being demonstrated in Ondo. Nobody is stopping him from being a chairman as long as Mimiko continues his good work in Ondo or else ACN will chop that state up. Without Mimiko, who even knows LP exists?

ACN's mission: Kwara, 3 SE states, and maybe more.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by ZnO: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What has he shown? Ngige that is always blowing dust? Without ACN, Ngige would have been replaced by Dora. ROTFL!! If Ngige does not behave, we'll replace him come 2015 wink

LP chairman is an Igbo man, but it seems like most of them LP developments and actions are only being demonstrated in Ondo. Nobody is stopping him from being a chairman as long as Mimiko continues his good work in Ondo or else ACN will chop that state up. Without Mimiko, who even knows LP exists?

ACN's mission: Kwara, 3 SE states, and maybe more.

Clap for yourself. Remove Ngige and replace him with Biodun.
In 2015 all ACN members will become PDP again like they all moved from AD to PDP in 2003. Na today crayfish bend yansh? Fair weather politicians
Tinubu is 2 steps away from jail, remember? Who will lead you in the ears again like a donkey?
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by damipaul(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

ewoooo!! So you are the boy with Al-Quaeda type bear bear dancing ajasco dance at that place. Okwute Palestinians piafuka gi your softest spot.

LMWK
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
ZnO:

Clap for yourself. Remove Ngige and replace him with Biodun.
In 2015 all ACN members will become PDP again like they all moved from AD to PDP in 2003. Na today crayfish bend yansh? Fair weather politicians
Tinubu is 2 steps away from jail, remember? Who will lead you in the ears again like a donkey?

Senseless information you heard in the beer palour.

My point is: Come 2015, ACN mission : Kwara, atleast 3 SE states and maybe more.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by ZnO: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Senseless information you heard in the beer palour.

My point is: Come 2015, ACN mission : Kwara, atleast 3 SE states and maybe more.

Oya sing after me; tis your national anthem from now:
Tinubu is my god oh
I am his donkey
He leads me in the ears oh
Without him am finished
I'll go to jail with him
Rather than rejoin PDP
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
ZnO:

Oya sing after me;
[b]Tinubu is my god oh
[/b]I am his donkey
He leads me in the ears oh
Without him am finished
I'll go to jail with him
Rather than rejoin PDP

He'll soon be, if not already your god. dont worry. Come 2015, it'll be the SE anthem.  cheesy
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by ZnO: 8:57pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

He'll soon be, if not already your god. dont worry. Come 2015, it'll be the SE anthem.  cheesy

You need to be able to manage yourself first before dreaming (yes, dreaming) to manage others. Your small god, the jail-bound Tinubu is incapable of managing his wife, let alone the great Alaigbo harbouring the greatest Nigerians on planet earth. How can you even dream of managing what is greater than you and yours 100000000x?
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
ZnO:

You need to be able to manage yourself first before seeking to manage others. Your small god, the jail-bound Tinubu is incapable of managing his wife, let alone the great Alaigbo harbouring the greatest Nigerians on planet earth.

Whatever you guys discuss in the saloon is not NL's problem.

I already told you there is no need to be scared when ACN takes over SE. Since SE obviously does not want APGA or PDP, ACN will then liberate them.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2011
I'm off to discuss somthing better than going in a circle with a re-tarded grownazz woman.  cool

Will be back to my not-so-tribalism in a few hours. I know NL has missed me cheesy cheesy
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by ak47mann(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2011
apga all the wayyyyyy :d :d :d
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Ojiofor: 12:10am On Jul 06, 2011
Guys there is no cause for alarm!Gov Okorocha wont be committing political suicide by going back to those he defeated through the power of Imo state masses inluding the powerful catholic church,he is not another IKIRI in the making Ohakim simple went back to those rogues who dashed him government house Owerre in Okorocha's case he owns no Godfather and that include the Ape of OTA and his agent Ojo Maduekwe, i dey come.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nigerd(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2011
I agree with the Poster, Changing platform gives way to nurtiness, Hon Patrick Obahiagbon is now flat entity in Nigeria for Dumping PDP for ACN, He would gotten something from the Fedral Govt even if he lost in the general Election as a PDP Contestant, changing party is like Chaqnging Husband,
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 06, 2011
This is a very good advice to Rochas Okorocha being that PDP has dissappointed him many times politically. It will only benefit him to join PDP after he has made a name in Imo governance either by 2015 or 2019 to actualize his Presidential ambition. It is only then he would use PDP and not PDP using him again.

Onlytruth, you have a good observation.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Gylae: 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
Instead of castigating Tinubu for liberating his people from PDP we should encourage Rochas to liberate ndigbo from PDP since Peter Obi is not equal to the task. Take it or leave it the SW is better placed than we are now. Long live Tinubu, long live Rochas, long live NIgeria
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Calculia: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
ACN is not going anywhere near the south east that is certain. Come 2015 Apga will sweep the remaining three southeast state and south south comes in line.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by MrGlobe(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
Only a foo0l will think Rochas will not move to PDP. He is PDP. When the time comes he will decamp but my problem is that when he decamps, all the good things he has been doing and planning will just die off because he will now face his time on claiming and controlling the PDP machinery in Imo instead of going on with his projects - the same thing that killed ohakim in IMO. Rochas if you are reading this, be wise. Once you lose the people, you have lost all.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by johnkent(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

What is happening in PA?
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Roland17(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2011
Is anyone surprised? its been the trend, i just hope he has the courage to say No, so that he does not end like anya 4:30
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by RabiuAnka(m): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hahaha! Okorocha for 2015, i dey laugh o.
Re: PDP Please Leave Imo Governor Alone by Tyche(m): 12:01am On Jul 07, 2011
If this guy joins pdp, then he definitely wanted to do so.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Charged For Abuja-area Bombings / This Is What Will Happen On The Day Fuel Subsidy Is Removed / ******

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.