Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,281 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss (5178 Views)

Photos Of Arrested Boko Haram + Weapons Recovered By The Nigerian Troops / Photo Of Arrested Boko Members, Foreigners Among. / We’ve Arrested Boko Haram’s ‘chief Butcher’ – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Rhea(f): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
[size=14pt]This development leaves a sour taste in my mouth but does not surprise me. After all, Mr President's nomination to the VP seat was a move made by Obasanjo in order to assuage the feelings of MEND after fighting the FG to submission. Having overseen the granting of amnesty to MEND and other militants, Mr President does not want to be seen as being one-sided in this situation. He wants to be seen as playing the 'what is good for the goose is also good for the gander' agenda. The fact that the FG has taken this stance is a confirmation that there are some sacred cows behind the Boko Haram cause that GEJ and co are afraid of.

This development is exactly what happens when a nation legalizes criminality in the name of amnesty. Now every riffraff in Nigeria can bomb away, loot and kill, kidnap at random and seek amnesty, and still get it. The next thing you know, Boko Haram will send in their list of ministerial and ambassadorial nominees. This is why Nigeria is rightfully branded a lawless nation by other countries. We make laws in order to override them with political solutions. It will be interesting to see what interpretation President Goodluck Jonathan will give to this development on his facebook page.[/size]
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by 1025: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
i see nothing wrong in that since we did not see anything wrong in mend and kidnappers who got amnesty. whatsoever is good for one nigerian shld be considered good also to another.
this same jonathan brought back el rufai and ribadu and stopped all cases filed against them so let the boko haram group also enjoy the same goodwill. i am only waiting to hear that all the looters, past, present and future have been granted presidential pardon.
shame of a country.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Koolking(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2011
This our SSS acts like the normal NFP. They cook up stories tryn to justify their efficiency. I am sure those arrested are not boko Haram members but victims of circumstance, those found at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by reindeer: 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
Somehow i dont believe these ''defused'' bombs stories
Why would Boko Haram place a bomb under a rail track?are the trains working ? I hope its not the SSS doing anything just so we can say they are working.
Anyways i expect nothing from a govt run by a spineless man.
God help Nigeria.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by luluosas(m): 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
I thought when you arrest a suspect, you prosecute him/her. Just like Bankole. I think the SSS has some fishy deals with the Boko Haram people.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Goodcare(m): 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
how i wish this stupid sponsor people should be kill
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by sampeter(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
What a good approach! 'A ring worm medication to leprosy'. This is indeed an encouragement to more would-be sects/militants, but wish if anyone wld be d victim it shd be them and their families. Bunch of confused and clueless ppl! Shiiiiorrrr,
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by JaaizTech: 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
Rhea:

[size=14pt]This development leaves a sour taste in my mouth but does not surprise me. After all, Mr President's nomination to the VP seat was a move made by Obasanjo in order to assuage the feelings of MEND after fighting the FG to submission. Having overseen the granting of amnesty to MEND and other militants, Mr President does not want to be seen as being one-sided in this situation. He wants to be seen as playing the 'what is good for the goose is also good for the gander' agenda. The fact that the FG has taken this stance is a confirmation that there are some sacred cows behind the Boko Haram cause that GEJ and co are afraid of.

This development is exactly what happens when a nation legalizes criminality in the name of amnesty. Now every riffraff in Nigeria can bomb away, loot and kill, kidnap at random and seek amnesty, and still get it. The next thing you know, Boko Haram will send in their list of ministerial and ambassadorial nominees. This is why Nigeria is rightfully branded a lawless nation by other countries. We make laws in order to override them with political solutions. It will be interesting to see what interpretation President Goodluck Jonathan will give to this development on his facebook page.[/size]

I think guys should be able to see through junk when you see one, if the true intention of SSS is to use the guys they have arrested as informant or as bait, they wouldn't be making that announcement in the media. Of what purpose will that serve them, making known to  the Boko haram rank & file their core strategy would be a disadvantage.
I guess this pronouncement is to serve another purpose (for which I really don't know). But I don't think it was intelligently thought true, any smart guy will easily see through this their plan. I think they should have crushed them (the stick) , if they truly have them in order to send fear into their heart and make them jittery and at the same time offer the carrot, so that they can see that they have an easier alternative. For me this pronouncement will only make them feel victorious and embolden them.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by master2(m): 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
violent:

Another bloody simpleton!

If you had seen the skull and brain contents of your lovely niece all over tv, then perhaps you'd give considerations to how Boko Haram is nipped!
abeg tell the mumu.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by master2(m): 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2011
lilly liver govtment. Victory to boko haram!!
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Winnerslfc(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2011
In all honesty, i see nothing wrong with the decision of SSS.
While we all know that the activities of the boko haram sect is purely criminal, prosecuting just a few members of the group wouldn't fetch us much good.
If you prosecute just a hundred of the entire group, all you have done is to fire up the evil spirit in the group.
If government could convert these suspects, the country stands a great chance of gaining more insight as regards the diabolic activities of the sect.
Let me remind us that the judiciary of this country can be easily manipulated since most of us are after some filthy lucre.
You wil all remember how the former leader of the sect was killed in prison simply because he was about spilling the beans. Should we go the prosecution way, we may congratulate ourselves but hey! For just a temporal victory.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Tyche(m): 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
It pays to be an outlaw in this country.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by 1025: 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
While we all know that the activities of the boko haram sect is purely criminal, prosecuting just a few members of the group wouldn't fetch us much good.
If you prosecute just a hundred of the entire group, all you have done is to fire up the evil spirit in the group.
If government could convert these suspects, the country stands a great chance of gaining more insight as regards the diabolic activities of the sect.
Let me remind us that the judiciary of this country can be easily manipulated since most of us are after some filthy lucre.
You wil all remember how the former leader of the sect was killed in prison simply because he was about spilling the beans. Should we go the prosecution way, we may congratulate ourselves but hey! For just a temporal victory.

@winnerslfc,
what u have done above can only be summarized as a beautiful nonsense. why have u not said this same nonsense about our high way robbers? are u so empty that u forget that nigeria has a constitution?
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by ebere1712: 4:50am On Jul 06, 2011
Hahaahaaahahahahahahah!!
funny people. Men the easiest way to become successful (financially and politically) in this country, is to become a criminal. In 60's it was the military coupist turn modern politicians. Now it is boko haram and co. I can envisage some bright unemployed graduates devising their own schemes for sweet sweet amnesty. Yeah make deals with muderers and congratulate them as heroes. Welcome to Nigerstan. Better still offer them mansions, if they agree to reduce their killings to about 30 times in a year. Next the president is sipping tea with al queada. We need a total over haul of security agencies in Nigeria.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Demdem(m): 8:14am On Jul 06, 2011
Winnerslfc:

Another unrepentant GEJ apologist. Just like your boss will say, Pray for the Bombers to repent. Thats the solution eh?
Nonsense !!!!!
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Winnerslfc(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2011
1025:

@winnerslfc,
what u have done above can only be summarized as a beautiful nonsense. why have u not said this same nonsense about our high way robbers?  are u so empty that u forget that nigeria has a constitution?
Demdem:

Another unrepentant GEJ apologist. Just like your boss will say, Pray for the Bombers to repent. Thats the solution eh?
Nonsense !!!!!

well, i wouldn't react to any of your insults atleast i expected that since Nairaland has suddenly become populated with children (perhaps not in age but in cognitive evaluations).
This is a forum where everyone is free to share his/her views and it is also (or some are making it to look like) a place where every jack and harry can drew words from little brains and spill them out without thinking.
Every thread now contains some harsh words from little little minds who are ready to write without reasoning. Oh! That is what you get when you allow children to talk.
Most folks here are simply noise makers who don't even deserve going close to the computer or phone for any internet matters.
They only look for whom to blame just like Adam and Eve. Since their brains can't handle issues of high magnitude.
So, i make bold to ask you what you can do to help the situation order than make unnecessary noise.
OR BETTER STILL, IF YOU WHERE THE PRESIDENT/SSS, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE ORDER THAN LOOKING FOR WHOM TO ABUSE?
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2011
i've said it b4 and its so sad am being proven right everyday; it takes more than LUCK and a smilling face 2 rule nigeria. it takes vision, determination and a proper understanding of issues.
The FG wants to dialogue with killers/ terrorist! In what part of the world is it done?
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by VolvoS60(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2011
Post # 11 by "violent":

"Justice in Nigeria is soooo full of shyt!. . .a man can spend the rest of his life behind bars or face the hangman's noose if he had stabbed a friend to death over an argument (not that he really intends to). . .but animals that kill in thousands are now free to be called friends of the president, and would now roam our streets freely, perhaps even get paid a monthly wage at the taxpayers expense.

I am so angered, if the right opportunity arises, i'd beat the President black and blue."

grin grin grin
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by flakkygirl(f): 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
pls, that will be cool if they let them go n follow their trail then secretely assasinate them one by one. Leave no trace. Hahahahahahah.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by solayemi(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2011
Nija, I hail oooooooooo. who dem dey lie to.where are the people arrested? i advice the people living up north to be vigilant,because dem go soon dey arrest innocent ppl, especially if u get bear bear.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Demdem(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
Winnerslfc:

well, i wouldn't react to any of your insults atleast i expected that since Nairaland has suddenly become populated with children (perhaps not in age but in cognitive evaluations).
This is a forum where everyone is free to share his/her views and it is also (or some are making it to look like) a place where every jack and harry can drew words from little brains and spill them out without thinking.
Every thread now contains some harsh words from little little minds who are ready to write without reasoning. Oh! That is what you get when you allow children to talk.
Most folks here are simply noise makers who don't even deserve going close to the computer or phone for any internet matters.
They only look for whom to blame just like Adam and Eve. Since their brains can't handle issues of high magnitude.
So, i make bold to ask you what you can do to help the situation order than make unnecessary noise.
OR BETTER STILL, IF YOU WHERE THE PRESIDENT/SSS, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE ORDER THAN LOOKING FOR WHOM TO ABUSE?

Story story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next time think well before you spill garbage on this forum ok and because its a public forum, i also av the right to comment on your thoughts also.

These guys are basically criminals that have spilled innocent blood. i see no reason why if trully the real culprits behind this group were caught they shouldnt be prosecuted. That is what decent nations do.
By the way, another bomb went off this morning from info.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Winnerslfc(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
Demdem:

Story story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next time think well before you spill garbage on this forum ok and because its a public forum, i also av the right to comment on your thoughts also.

These guys are basically criminals that have spilled innocent blood. i see no reason why if trully the real culprits behind this group were caught they shouldnt be prosecuted. That is what decent nations do.
By the way, another bomb went off this morning from info.
ok boy! Wateva, led d dead bury d dead haaan!
As regards d bombin, u r ryt. Anoda explosion has rocked maiduguri kilin civilians and soldiers.
Hopin 2 see a new thread 4 dat soon.
But try 2 use light words wen comentin people's thought ok?
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Sammiel: 12:32am On Jul 07, 2011
leadership is not about occupying the highest position of authority in the country and trying to please everybody including terrorists at the expense of the poor masses who are being killed everyday. If at all rule of law exists in this country the terrorists should be made to face the law. If americans can go after Osama and eventually killed him after ten years for the great loss of lives and property they were made to suffered then you know what justice is to the western world. We dont have a true functional government, instead we only have business men who are willing to please themselves and their competitors.n who are willing to please themselves and their competitors.
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by jamace(m): 8:37am On Jul 07, 2011
^^^You said it all.

The problem we are having in Nigeria is that our so-call leaders see their positions as a job opportunity in which they must protect, by protecting the interests of those who have the wherewithal to threaten their position. They don't have interest in the generality of the people or people who can not threaten their position. It is a sad situation. sad

If some one that commits crime is not prosecuted, what is the use of laws to the existence of the country?
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by beeke(m): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2011
Hmmmmm!!!!! Carrot and Stick policy, wow this na big grammar what if they collect the two from govt. chop the carrot finish then use the stick beat Good luck comot from Jonathan body

and e go easy to reform common militant than a religious fanatics, wetin you wan tell them wey them go hear when somebody don already tell them say 21 virgins dey wait for them for heaven.

If gorment like make them introduce Bread and Akara policy, this guys mind are already made up

Where our gorment learn this small pikin policy from self, why be say America no introduce Chicken and Chips policy for Osama bin-laden
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by jamace(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2011
Issues in Nigeria have become difficult to solve in a jiffy because of tribal and religious affiliations of citizens, including the military and other security agencies,

These days, the fed govt can not effectively use the military and other security agencies to achieve an aim because the military personnel and security agencies personnel even doubt the togetherness of Nigeria. They prefer to play covert loyalty to their religions and tribes in order to secure their future. Some of these security personnel have information and know those behind the crises rocking the nation but would rather keep mum or play politics with the whole issue. Gone are the days of one Nigeria where fed govt tasks were taken seriously and followed to logical conclusion.

It's a pity it has gotten to this level. sad
Re: Arrested Boko Haram Members Won’t Face Prosecution - Sss by Gbenge77(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2011
The SSS is at it again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AMCON, Capital Oil’s Talks Collapse / Buhari Wants NNPC To Be Sole Importers Of Petroleum Products – Emefiele / This Is How Imo State Is Fumigated And Disinfected Against Covid19. Best Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.