Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude (23526 Views)

Share Your Co-workers Attitude Towards You When You Resigned Or Been Sacked / Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by mrlycan: 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Attitude they say is everything. Once you don't have it, forget it.

So I moved to this new apartment last year and the whole place was messed up 100% by the former occupant. So i called in my guy who is specialized in cabinets and other furniture works. He revamped the whole flat and my landlord was dazed.
So while he was working, on that same first day, my landlord connected him up with one of his friends. Mind you, he lives abroad and he only comes around spend few weeks and go back.

After few weeks he called him up that he has a job for him at ibadan to setup a flat, they guy said he doesnt travel to work elsewhere. I did not hear about this until 2 days ago.

So on friday, we bought two dogs in the house and my landlord needed a cage for the dogs so he asked to to sort it out. As usual i called him up, though i did not tell him the nature of the job cos one of the job was sensitive. So when he arrived, I told him we needed a cage for the dogs.
This guy just arranged cage as if a bingo dog want to live there. My landlord came out and saw the job but he complained that he needed something lovely for the dogs.
The guy replied that he doesnt even make cages for dogs and that if it wasnt for me that called him, he wont do such work. Temper flared and my landlord told him to leave.

During the time he was making the cage, My landlord was on a call cos he works for the state government. He just secured the furniture contract of 30 rooms in a guest house in the government house. It was around 15M +. He was hoping to give this my guy. Only for him to mess things up.

He showed me the call logs and i was speechless.
I havent told him cos we have not seen since then. This is a guy who has just a bike and a small shop. Someone that is still hussling saying he cant do this or that.

I learnt from his mistakes. If you know you have a profession, dont think their is a level at which you cant work anymore. Just because they give you repaid 2020 benz and above doesnt mean you should ignore someone that brings a 2004 model. Its your work, at least you will be paid.

242 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Driggs: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
I produce interlocking stones, stamped flooring, POP, tiles and I paint houses too..

and I have an amazing attitude.. I also travel anywhere and everywhere

WhatsApp 0913 05763 57 please. Thank you.

179 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by MoneyGoDrop: 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
He was given a second chance and he still messed it up. I hope he's attitude will make him rich.

36 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Sheddy5(m): 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
That's pride.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Zonefree(m): 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
Carpenters
Tailors
Mechanics

I don't know the kind clay God used in moulding these set of people. Their attitude is something else.

They'll be complaining no work, at the same time, they'll be selecting work.

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by flames007(m): 5:22am On Apr 05, 2022
As an upcoming millionaire that still has garri as a stable food, one thing i have in spades in the will to win. That alone give me an edge because i never give up, and you can't beat me if i won't flinch because i've seen poverty face to face.

i've done jobs i had no experience in at the time all because i said 'Yes, i can do it very well' and later learn how to do it. i'm yoruba, but i've learnt a lesson from my igbo brethen: NEVER EVER let a business go just because you lack the skill - negotiate first.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by flames007(m): 5:24am On Apr 05, 2022
As an upcoming millionaire that still has garri as stable food, one thing i have in spades in
is the will to win. That alone gives me an edge because i never give up, and you can't beat me if i won't flinch because i've seen poverty face to face.

i've done jobs i had no experience in at the time all because i said 'Yes, i can do it very well' and later learn how to do it. i'm yoruba, but i've learnt a lesson from my igbo brethen: NEVER EVER let a business go just because you lack the skill - negotiate first.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by flames007(m): 5:35am On Apr 05, 2022
Zonefree:
Carpenters
Tailors
Mechanics

I don't know the kind clay God used in moulding these set of people. Their attitude is something else.

They'll be complaining no work, at the same time, they'll be selecting work.
Lol, i remember one man, a member of my church then. He was a carpenter. His wife got pregnant and the tiny tiny work he was getting was not even coming again that period - it was a tough period for him. That's how the came to meet our pastor, explaining how the devil was testing him with trials and tribulations.

Pastor took pity on him and looked for one carpentry project for him to do so that that he could pay him. Ashey God wanted to show pastor why the man wasn't getting jobs. It was a disaster when he finished; when i saw what he did aswear i could have done a neater job.

But the most annoying part was, this man was not even showing remorse. He actually felt entitled to the agreed wage and wouldn't agree to make adjustments. All that attitude even to a whole pastor o. Pesin wey wan help you. Some artisans are a very special breed.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by slawormiir: 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Story

Wetin be your own na your own..if you like make you nor get character and better attitude

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Dankovich1: 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
Good Attitude is always a gateway to opportunities.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by tommy589(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
It is pride

1 Like

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by nairaman66(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Sounds a bit tricky! Let me explain,

Your landlord would have called different carpenters and go through their invoices before picking one. This has nothing to do with pride.

Stating what he does and does not do is his right to freedom of expression of his work ethics. Your landlord is only looking for someone to ride on like a horse!

Conclusion, if your landlord would give a roadside carpenter a job for the government house, shows you how our government is being run. No disrespect to roadside carpenters, but a 15M job should be given to a reputable furniture company!!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by olola4(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
One of the biggest gift a man can have is THE ABILITY TO CONTROL HIS/HER EMOTIONS

If you are doing business no matter how big or small, people will always push you but try as much as possible to remain respectful, the client that frustrate you today might be your link to the biggest job you will ever get.

In case you need a graphics designer or social media manager for your business or personally

Send me a mail - lolade@palitomedia.com.ng

Trust me, I am a good, experieneced and very respectful guy. smiley

5 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by GboyegaD(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
It's a two way street. Since he knows he has a niche for the job he does, he should start true to himself instead of doing things to please others.

In essence, he could have turned down the offer of making a cage than doing a shabby job.

7 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
'Your attitude determines your altitude'

2 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by FalseProphet1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
In your earlier post you said your friend is based abroad and comes to Nigeria to stay two weeks and then leave.

Then in your concluding part you said he has a bike and small shop and he's just hussling...

I see lies in this story.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by AntiBshit(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Low socio-economic class are small minded and short sighted. They have entitlement mentality yet full of themselves.

He'll learn someday cool.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by southsouthking(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
I always tell people, Attitude it's like a flat tire on a vehicle, it can't take you anywhere.

Humble yourself.
Keep a cool temperament.
Respect everyone be it a toddler or an adult.
Gentle approach.
Listen more than you say.

Do all this things and watch God lift you up in no time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by baralatie(m): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
I don't get the story
Someone called.a carpenter to make.a dog house!
And he wants a dog house that looks like a two bedroom.flat?
And he agreed to pay the fee that would make that kind of a dog house?
So what is the problem

3 Likes

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Candycrushy(f): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
God abeg oo
But this is funny
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Justasbetter24: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2022

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Dottore: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ok
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by gameova(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
Terrible
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Saviourfresh: 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
I hope he learned his lesson.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Honourable1901(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
Too bad

Alot of artisan have lost that opportunity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers / Two Ghanaian Nurses Sacked For Ignoring Patients To Have A Facebook Live Session / Hilary Kelechi Madu Appointed NSCDC Acting Commandant-General As Gana Bows Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.