Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude (23564 Views)

Share Your Co-workers Attitude Towards You When You Resigned Or Been Sacked / Banks’ Contract Workers Rise To 46,235 / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by OCHKESTINE(m): 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Story

Wetin be your own na your own..if you like make you nor get character and better attitude

You will realize with age that this school of thought is false.

What will be will not be if you don't adjust to life to make it be.

1 Like

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Sheddy5(m): 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
Judd007:
Not pride, the guy na wizard
grin
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by iamL(f): 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2022
mrlycan:

As usual i called him up, though i did not tell him the nature of the job cos one of the job was sensitive.

You are not gud person yourself.

Why call someone for a job without a proper job description? So u know the job was sensitive and u refused to tell him and when he got angry u blamed him? Perphas He went there with high hope only for them to be dashed hence his anger (though am not in support of his temper.)

That 15m contract is for your landlord, he just wanted someone he can slaved to execute it to his own benefit, thats not help.

You are also demeaning yourself calling his shop tiny.

If u wan help someone do it all this nonsense test is a no for me. If you and your landlord were the ones u both would have failed as well.

When your landlord nor give am so the guy don die?

1 Like

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by expert1(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
@OP

You are incorrect thinking the 15m job will make the guy blow.

Many like you always think that Invoice value equals to Profit. NO!

If you give someone a 20 billion dollars job doesn't mean you help the person, you are only exchanging the money for the service.

Your landlord was dazed to see the job he did for you but was embarrassed for the job he did for an animal (dog's cage).

You and your landlord are having problems but yours is bigger.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by goodman5(m): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
The guy na mumu
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by placeofallure(f): 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Zonefree:
Carpenters
Tailors
Mechanics

I don't know the kind clay God used in moulding these set of people. Their attitude is something else.

They'll be complaining no work, at the same time, they'll be selecting work.

One tailor has held onto my dress now for ages. It was meant for Carol 2020,

Now another one has had my dress that I fully paid for because I don't want to hear Yoruba Yoruba, for months now. We've been doing hide and seek.

Many tailors will not make heaven.

As for this one in this thread, pride comes before a fall.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by We4all: 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dankovich1:
Good Attitude is always a gateway to opportunities.

Not always. I can still recall how a guy I know got his well paying job. He got into an altercation with the MD at the airport. They both insulted each other.

The man looked at him and said: “I like you. I want you to work with me”. The rest is history.
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by dijas(m): 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
mrlycan:
Attitude they say is everything. Once you don't have it, forget it.

So I moved to this new apartment last year and the whole place was messed up 100% by the former occupant. So i called in my guy who is specialized in cabinets and other furniture works. He revamped the whole flat and my landlord was dazed.
So while he was working, on that same first day, my landlord connected him up with one of his friends. Mind you, he lives abroad and he only comes around spend few weeks and go back.

After few weeks he called him up that he has a job for him at ibadan to setup a flat, they guy said he doesnt travel to work elsewhere. I did not hear about this until 2 days ago.

So on friday, we bought two dogs in the house and my landlord needed a cage for the dogs so he asked to to sort it out. As usual i called him up, though i did not tell him the nature of the job cos one of the job was sensitive. So when he arrived, I told him we needed a cage for the dogs.
This guy just arranged cage as if a bingo dog want to live there. My landlord came out and saw the job but he complained that he needed something lovely for the dogs.
The guy replied that he doesnt even make cages for dogs and that if it wasnt for me that called him, he wont do such work. Temper flared and my landlord told him to leave.

During the time he was making the cage, My landlord was on a call cos he works for the state government. He just secured the furniture contract of 30 rooms in a guest house in the government house. It was around 15M +. He was hoping to give this my guy. Only for him to mess things up.

He showed me the call logs and i was speechless.
I havent told him cos we have not seen since then. This is a guy who has just a bike and a small shop. Someone that is still hussling saying he cant do this or that.

I learnt from his mistakes. If you know you have a profession, dont think their is a level at which you cant work anymore. Just because they give you repaid 2020 benz and above doesnt mean you should ignore someone that brings a 2004 model. Its your work, at least you will be paid.
Sir,
My brother is into upholstery and foreign furniture design. He is very good. He recently worked with bayelsa state government and exceeded their expectations. Give us a trial if you need upholstery services
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by ezebunafo(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
FalseProphet1:
In your earlier post you said your friend is based abroad and comes to Nigeria to stay two weeks and then leave.

Then in your concluding part you said he has a bike and small shop and he's just hussling...

I see lies in this story.

This I have seen.
u didn't understand the post ,read again
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by HUSTLER001: 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Story

Wetin be your own na your own..if you like make you nor get character and better attitude
idi*ot
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by warriking(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
mrlycan:

So I moved to this new apartment last year and the whole place was messed up 100% by the former occupant. So i called in my guy who is specialized in cabinets and other furniture works. He revamped the whole flat and my landlord was dazed.
So while he was working, on that same first day, my landlord connected him up with one of his friends. Mind you, he lives abroad and he only comes around spend few weeks and go back.

After few weeks he called him up that he has a job for him at ibadan to setup a flat, they guy said he doesnt travel to work elsewhere. I did not hear about this until 2 days ago.

So on friday, we bought two dogs in the house and my landlord needed a cage for the dogs so he asked to to sort it out. As usual i called him up, though i did not tell him the nature of the job cos one of the job was sensitive. So when he arrived, I told him we needed a cage for the dogs.
This guy just arranged cage as if a bingo dog want to live there. My landlord came out and saw the job but he complained that he needed something lovely for the dogs.
The guy replied that he doesnt even make cages for dogs and that if it wasnt for me that called him, he wont do such work. Temper flared and my landlord told him to leave.

During the time he was making the cage, My landlord was on a call cos he works for the state government. He just secured the furniture contract of 30 rooms in a guest house in the government house. It was around 15M +. He was hoping to give this my guy. Only for him to mess things up.

I havent told him cos we have not seen since then. This is a guy who has just a bike and a small shop. Someone that is still hussling saying he cant do this or that.

I learnt from his mistakes. If you know you have a profession, dont think their is a level at which you cant work anymore. Just because they give you repaid 2020 benz and above doesnt mean you should ignore someone that brings a 2004 model. Its your work, at least you will be paid.

Bro please link me up for the job please!!! I give you my 100% quality job. I don't mind for pay cult down. Just try me and see plzzzzzz.
You can check my page "omoba interiors" or call me 08076557250. Thanks sir!!!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by pendragon35(m): 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
nairaman66:

He chastised the man because he refused to be dragged doing something he is not comfortable doing.

I only concluded that a contract worth 15M will be overwhelming for him. Because of he has a big shop with workers, he would have sent one of his boys to fix this cage.. Don’t you get my point??

I completely understand you. Have a great day ahead!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by highdeenoni(m): 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Edakun I produce paints too and I have an amazing attitude.. I also travel anywhere and everywhere....
Am from Ibadan but My present location for now is ABK and planning to relocate back to Ibadan....
WhatsApp/call-08165003206

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by kikuyu1(m): 10:08am On Apr 06, 2022
mrlycan:

Thank you for this! More often than not the problem isn't lack of papers,opportunities or money-its self sabotage rooted in the wrong mentality!
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Kfed4ril(m): 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Driggs:
I produce interlocking stones, stamped flooring, POP, tiles and I paint houses too..

and I have an amazing attitude.. I also travel anywhere and everywhere

WhatsApp 0913 05763 57 please. Thank you.

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by Driggs: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2022
Kfed4ril:

I am in Lagos boss.. but I can get your work done in any part of Nigeria..

As long as they sell materials there..
Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by mrlycan: 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
There is an opening that needs to be fixed. I dont want to call an outsider, so I called him cos i know him. Thats the sensitive part.. Before you kill me..ask ..sogbo

iamL:

You are not gud person yourself.

Why call someone for a job without a proper job description? So u know the job was sensitive and u refused to tell him and when he got angry u blamed him? Perphas He went there with high hope only for them to be dashed hence his anger (though am not in support of his temper.)

That 15m contract is for your landlord, he just wanted someone he can slaved to execute it to his own benefit, thats not help.

You are also demeaning yourself calling his shop tiny.

If u wan help someone do it all this nonsense test is a no for me. If you and your landlord were the ones u both would have failed as well.

When your landlord nor give am so the guy don die?

Re: How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude by erumena(m): 6:36am On Apr 07, 2022
Driggs:
I produce interlocking stones, stamped flooring, POP, tiles and I paint houses too..

and I have an amazing attitude.. I also travel anywhere and everywhere

WhatsApp 0913 05763 57 please. Thank you.

Wao, this is more than Wao!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Ghanaian Nurses Sacked For Ignoring Patients To Have A Facebook Live Session / Labour Vows To Shutdown First Bank Over Plans To Sack Over 1000 Workers / Hilary Kelechi Madu Appointed NSCDC Acting Commandant-General As Gana Bows Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.