Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue (840 Views)

Peter Obi Has Gone Silent Online After This 'Big' Issue / The Big Issue NOW Is Who Can Fit In when President Buhari 's Second Term Ends. / 2019 Presidency: Buhari Camp Identifies Big Issue Missing In Atiku’s Plan, Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:03am On Apr 05, 2022
Mixed reactions have trailed the need of reopening of the Lekki toll gate,
Some say it’s because Tinubu needs money, some say apc needs money for re-election and all... but my question is:
Is #200 or #300 toll too much for Someone living in lekki and environs And why do we trivialize every in Lagos with Tinubu is broke, Tinubu is hungry?

Please, if you don’t live in lekki and environs, don’t comment trash

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:06am On Apr 05, 2022
Last time I checked there are hundreds of toll gates in USA,
Why do we like free stuffs in these country

The government is taxing the rich, but it’s the poor people littered on the internet that are crying over it

Nigerians needs to stop sensitizing every issue in Lagos to Tinubu and let Lagos grow!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by afroniger: 8:10am On Apr 05, 2022
Simple answer is that Nigerians want 'abroad' standard infrastructure and amenities but they don't want to pay for it. undecided They go abroad and pay for the same services without complaint, but here they want those services but for free. No be JuJu be dat?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:15am On Apr 05, 2022
afroniger:
Simple answer is that Nigerians want 'abroad' standard infrastructure and amenities but they don't want to pay for it. undecided They go abroad and pay for the same services without complaint, but here they want the same services but for free. No be JuJu be dat?
Seriously, we too like free stuffs in this country

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by Rollsnjaguar(m): 8:15am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:
Some say it’s because Tinubu needs money, some say apc needs money for re-election and all... but my question is:
Is #200 or #300 toll too much for Someone living in lekki and environs And why do we trivialize every in Lagos with Tinubu is broke, Tinubu is hungry?

Which rate is N200 and N300. You are ignorant.
Vehicles pay as high as N700 for each passage. If you pass to and fro, that's N1400 per vehicle per dag.
Calculate that for a week and Month.
Some vehicles even pass through the tollgate more than 2 times daily.

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by Rollsnjaguar(m): 8:17am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

Vehicles pay as high as N700 for each passage.

If you pass to and fro, that's N1400 per vehicle per day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by Benbellamor: 8:18am On Apr 05, 2022
Lekki toll has claimed lives
Lekki toll CCTV were manipulated to stop recording just when the army started shooting unarmed civilians
Yet, lekki toll gate needs civilians money...
Seyi Tinubu keep harrasing the press coverage of the lekki toll
All they need is civilians money..
So, civilians have the right to where their money is going.
Simple...no toll

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by Benbellamor: 8:21am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

The government is taxing the rich, but it’s the poor people littered on the internet that are crying over it

Nigerians needs to stop sensitizing every issue in Lagos to Tinubu and let Lagos grow!
all the more than 100 toll gates has an independent CCTV that works 24/7

But the Jibiti lekki toll gates was a hoarse and big fraud..just to Milk people with no service to humanity
No Accountability, no transparency as to how much is made daily and progress as to the aledged debt it was said to be servicing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

Vehicles pay as high as N700 for each passage.

If you pass to and fro, that's N1400 per vehicle per day.

“Cars: N200; SUVs: N300; Private Buses: N300; Commercial Buses: N150; Luxury Buses and Trucks: N500”

Has there been any instances where u where charged #700?

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2022
Benbellamor:
Lekki toll has claimed lives
Lekki toll CCTV were manipulated to stop recording just when the army started shooting unarmed civilians
Yet, lekki toll gate needs civilians money...
Seyi Tinubu keep harrasing the press coverage of the lekki toll
All they need is civilians money..
So, civilians have the right to where their money is going.
Simple...no toll
How long more should it be closed?
And because people where killed there, did you guys stop passing through the free toll just to honor the dead?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by dawnomike(m): 8:26am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

We have to pay for at the toll gate and it also causes traffic build up. That money that is being paid is no longer justifiable as no stipulated number of years was given to LCC to toil that road.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by Rollsnjaguar(m): 8:27am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

“Cars: N200; SUVs: N300; Private Buses: N300; Commercial Buses: N150; Luxury Buses and Trucks: N500”

Had there been any instances where u where charged #700?

This is not the current charges. My company bus pay N750 for each passage. Per day we pay N1500.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:29am On Apr 05, 2022
dawnomike:
We have to pay for at the toll gate and it also causes traffic build up. That money that is being paid is no longer justifiable as no stipulated number of years was given to LCC to toil that road.
Lol, so it’s because of traffic build up they should stop the tolling grin
You could have stopped passing through 3rd mainland bridge because there’s always traffic there too na

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by Rollsnjaguar(m): 8:29am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

Had there been any instances where u where charged #700?

This rate is 2018. Upload the current rate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by Benbellamor: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

How long more should it be closed?
And because people where killed there, did you guys stop passing through the free toll just to honor the dead?
completely closed indefinitely... Losing souls plus aiding and abetting crime to humanity by turning off its cameras denying that nobody died How would you feel each time you pass that toll gate if you had lost someone there....you guys are too insensitive.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by ccffwx: 8:32am On Apr 05, 2022
What is the tolling duration for the road? How many years has LCC tolled now? Why tolling Nigerians to provide basic infrastructure when Nigerians pay taxes without accountability? What is our commonwealth (revenue) supposed to do if not provide for these kind of infrastructure? Is it to pay fat allowances to politicians?

Some of you people know the truth but never want to admit it. It's low of you to compare the basic road in Lekki to what obtains abroad.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:33am On Apr 05, 2022
Benbellamor:
completely closed indefinitely... Losing souls plus aiding and abetting crime to humanity by turning off its cameras denying that nobody died How would you feel each time you pass that toll gate if you had lost someone there....you guys are too insensitive.
You that’s passing through there and driving over the dead’s blood every time, are being sensitive?
To show your frustration, you guys should have just abandon the road as a whole to honor the dead

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:45am On Apr 05, 2022
ccffwx:
What is the tolling duration for the road? How many years has LCC tolled now? Why tolling Nigerians to provide basic infrastructure when Nigerians pay taxes without accountability? What is our commonwealth (revenue) supposed to do if not provide for these kind of infrastructure? Is it to pay fat allowances to politicians?

Some of you people know the truth but never want to admit it. It's low of you to compare the basic road in Lekki to what obtains abroad.
To understand you right, are you saying road are not meant to be tolled because we pay taxes?
And last time I checked there’s a toll free road that passes through abiodun oniru road, why are you guys not wanting to pass through there?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:46am On Apr 05, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

This rate is 2018. Upload the current rate.
That’s 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by scribble: 8:48am On Apr 05, 2022
Because they used Nigerians money to build it and even if they didn't they stole all our money and these bastard.s have the nerves to bill us after all the money they stole and use to import foreign beaches to hotels which they screw with our stolen money and now want cash flow to finance more side hoes

God punish devil
Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by afroniger: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

Has there been any instances where u where charged #700?

You forgot to mention that there are even alternative routes that don't require paying a dime. In other words, it's not a must to use the tolled roads, there are alternative routes for you if you are against it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by scribble: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2022
Fashole used 1 million dollars to do website

750k dollars for borehole

Looted countless millions as did jagaban

If they didn't steal so much we should have 10 link bridges, 4th and 5th mainland bridges, lekki airport and seaport by now

But busy stealing and giving the money to their side hoes and alleged side hoes like abudu

Thunder faya all of their papa....respectfully
Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:53am On Apr 05, 2022
afroniger:

You forgot to mention that there are even alternative routes that don't require paying a dime. In other words, it's not a must to use the tolled roads, there are alternative routes for you if you are against it.
I wonder oo... Yusuf oniru road is a toll free road... since they claim to live in lekki and can’t pay #200, den pass the toll free road and let us hear word
But my fellow Nigerians want everything free

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

This is not the current charges. My company bus pay N750 for each passage. Per day we pay N1500.

Does your company operate in lekki and does your company driver know there are alternate roads if you don’t want to pay toll fee?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by SarkinYarki: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

You are not a sensible person
Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by ekanx27(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2022
There is one OJO DANIEL OLADIMEJI who has been dishing out fake bet slip. They edited them. I found the slip which he posted today and I want you to look at the team and the scorelines in both slip.

He is operating with multiple Numbers and names but his name is OJO DANIEL OLADIMEJI.

He uses different antics to scheme money from people. DO NOT PAY HIM ANY MONEY because he is a FRAUD and Schemer

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2022
SarkinYarki:

You are not a sensible person
Lol, everyone has been airing their opinions without abuse...
but u talk ur own, reason why I’m not sensible, you couldn’t say
If we check ur location now, na one village for idiroko u dey live

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by SarkinYarki: 8:58am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

See your mouth like free stuff ..show me any bridge tolled in America that was built with 100 percent govt budget provision? Show me any toll put in the middle of a residential estate ? Some of you are just so senseless ..I am sure you work with LCC and only worried about your job
Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by SarkinYarki: 9:00am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

Lol, everyone has been airing their opinions without abuse...
but u talk ur own, reason why I’m not sensible, you couldn’t say
If we check ur location now, na one village for idiroko u dey live

I dey Lekki phase one not even far from the bridge so talk another thing ..you want to broke shame me ? cheesy oga cool down
Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 9:06am On Apr 05, 2022
SarkinYarki:

See your mouth like free stuff ..show me any bridge tolled in America that was built with 100 percent govt budget provision? Show me any toll put in the middle of a residential estate ? Some of you are just so senseless ..I am sure you work with LCC and only worried about your job
Lol. If I work with LCC and I’m worried about my job, is it a bad thing? There are lots of workers at LCC, dont they have family to feed?
And the road is a Heavy traffic Highway system road and not a residential pathway... roads like Oniru road are what you call residential pathways and it’s a toll free road to link up the Lekki epe road

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by greymiles: 9:07am On Apr 05, 2022
SarkinYarki:

I dey Lekki phase one not even far from the bridge so talk another thing ..you want to broke shame me ? cheesy oga cool down
If you live in lekki phase 1, where you probably pay thousands of naira on service charges, #200 will not be the issue and if you’re cash strapped, there are alternative roads you can pass na

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Re Opening Of The Lekki Toll Gate Causing A Big Issue by SarkinYarki: 9:11am On Apr 05, 2022
greymiles:

If you live in lekki phase 1, where you probably pay thousands of naira on service charges, #200 will not be the issue and if you’re cash strapped, there are alternative roads you can pass na

My card even has a lot of money trapped in it , it's not about money but ethics at this point, you can't toll a road you didn't fund or have not improved , that's now extortion ..what happened to my former card that has so much money in it ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Reno Campaigning For Bola Tinubu Pro Bono / Goodluck Jonathan Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts presidential Nomination Forms / With What Happened At Owo In Ondo, Let Every Soldier Be Posted To His State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.