Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water (20989 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by mixmastering: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
teemy:

This is quite easy. No need to caution him. Show him past receipts when it was you alone and now. The difference will be his to pay. Also, this will put strain on your pumping machine, you may add a bit of service charge on it.

Stop it.

Electricity tariffs have been increased.
This was done last year.

His tenant did not cause that girnormous jump the bill.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Powerexpert: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Looking at the present position, as it stands now .........

The property only got one prepaid meter today, new meter is still on order (not yet delivered).... Might not be delivered within 22 months........

So a separate tank, is never a solution...... Today ......
What can be done tentatively is to have a meeting with them and let them know that the cost of electricity has increased and that what they pay cannot work.

Show past bills and present bills to them. In the interim a load assessment from his own end and there end will help to interpret the reason for the increase.
Also find out the unit consumed when the pump is in action.

The response after this meeting will determine the next line of action. If a reasonable compromise is reached then the number of times the water will be pumped and the cost will be discussed.

The option of using generator can also be explored. If they have their generator they can as well pump but if they are using their gen, it is better to have a separate storex.

If they are not reasonable enough, quit notice will be in order.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

There’s a bathtub in every toilet including the 1bedroom flat I rented out

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

Before I got the tenant ,I pay just 6k-8k per month for electricity

I use to pump the storex twice in a week but now sometimes 2 times in a day
She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now
give them quick notice imidiately, they will definitely leave your house one day. Then make sure you look face next time
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Ohislee(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Buy an energy consumption meter pending when the prepared meter arrives. It is used by people who uses shared prepared meter. It cost about N15,000 or less. Then get an electrician to install it for you.

Every one pays according to his or consumption.

Or better still, contact EKEDC. They have a solution for shared prepared meter.

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by kushme: 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ropostic120:
I have stayed in a house of one Jehovah witness man like that and he would always not allow me and my wife to use water very well by locking the main tap to the house. He said my wife was using too much water then. Water that God is giving to us free of charge.If God were to be a human being, meeeeeeeh wahala for Don kill us all.
Humans are just too wicked and confused especially we black race.

I said it, even you know say your wife dey waste the water then... Yes, water is free, but do they have to use it until the last drop.

I have the semi arid region experience and I know how difficult it is to get water. A place Where you learn to manage water.

Again, in another location where both single men and women live, you'll see the single females buying water everyday as compared to the single guys. Ask mai-ruwa.

Why is this God given free gift abundant and unequally distributed in different regions? Is it fair? If you ask me, I would say nature/geography has created the perspectives, while some people see it as "use" some see it as "waste".
Water crisis and depletion are real.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Str8talk21: 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
OP...stop giving urself headache, contact d professional (info.nemexcel(at)gmail
.com) in water metering and you will have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now

Get a prepaid meter for your tenant.

Next time don't rent out your house to a man whose wife is jobless, e get why. They always cause problem in the neighbourhood and to other tenants, they are not in a position to assist their husbands with rent payment during financial crises, they don't mind their business.

Since it is a bed room apartment, I hope you have it written in the agreement that you don't want more than 2 people in the apartment

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by delzbaba(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Its better to get the suitable type of tenant for a one bedroom flat, i.e a spinster or bachelor

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Lexusgs430: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Powerexpert:

What can be done tentatively is to have a meeting with them and let them know that the cost of electricity has increased and that what they pay cannot work.

Show past bills and present bills to them. In the interim a load assessment from his own end and there end will help to interpret the reason for the increase.
Also find out the unit consumed when the pump is in action.

The response after this meeting will determine the next line of action. If a reasonable compromise is reached then the number of times the water will be pumped and the cost will be discussed.

The option of using generator can also be explored. If they have their generator they can as well pump but if they are using their gen, it is better to have a separate storex.

If they are not reasonable enough, quit notice will be in order.

Have you considered the contract signed?....? This landlord, sounds like a man, that would have a water tight contract, but this contract sprang a leak ......... cheesy
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by KillerBeauty(f): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ropostic120:
I have stayed in a house of one Jehovah witness man like that and he would always not allow me and my wife to use water very well by locking the main tap to the house. He said my wife was using too much water then. Water that God is giving to us free of charge.If God were to be a human being, meeeeeeeh wahala for Don kill us all.
Na wa. Any small thing people go just dey insult black race. And you too na black man. Go abroad go dey waste water anyhow na. When u see water bill by end of month, body go tell you.

4 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by kushme: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
Blaksheep01:

Pls speak for ur own woman dont just generalise.

Women Advocate.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by aAK1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
I will never rent a house with the land lord living in it

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Ybaby: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
seborrhic:
What's your fu cking concern with the joblessness of the wife.
You own house in Lekki and no one would hear word again.
Do u know why the wife is jobless & has the husband come to complain to u?Do u know if she has a health condition that will make working difficult for her or if she has been trying to secure a job without success?
F ucking landlord priving into the private lives of his tenant!
If the water consumption is the issue take it up with the husband.You have concluded it's the wife's joblessness that is the reason she is using the bath-up excessively.
At worst you give them quit notice and get a tenant that would use the bath-up once a week!!

Well said!!!

Infact next time write in capital letter so OP can see it.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Powerexpert: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Have you considered the contract signed?....? This landlord, sounds like a man, that would have a water tight contract, but this contract sprang a leak ......... cheesy
No comment then grin grin grin grin
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by teemy(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
mixmastering:

Stop it.

Electricity tariffs have been increased.
This was done last year.

His tenant did not cause that girnormous jump in the bill.

The Units difference can be used then
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by okine4real: 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Charge all tenants water service charge. 50k yearly would solve this issues.

My tenants pays 50k each yearly, nor issues from whether they use too much water or not, even sometimes people around the house comes to fetch water, I don't bother because 300m service charge is ohhk for me to use to manage my house. Do the same bro, nothing like free in my house, you want to enjoy, you pay.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by 123papas(m): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
What do you mean she is jobless? You can say she is always at home not jobless
blackmamber:
Hello room

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
seborrhic:
Do u know why the wife is jobless & has the husband come to complain to u?Do u know if she has a health condition that will make working difficult for her or if she has been trying to secure a job without success?
If the water consumption is the issue take it up with the husband.You have concluded it's the wife's joblessness that is the reason she is using the bath-up excessively.
At worst you give them quit notice and get a tenant that would use the bath-up once a week!!
God bless you don't mind the yeye landlord.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by joetem(m): 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kobicove:

People only do that rubbish of wasting electricity if they're not the ones paying for it undecided

Now they know whatsup... no more freemeal in freetown
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by reservd(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
It's better you talk to him because if you do anything outside the agreement, remember he is a lawyer, he knows everything including your actions that he can use against you. Be careful and be guideď

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by AdesewaAde(f): 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ropostic120:
You lack common sense

Water that God is giving to you free of charge as if the Op is talking about rain water.
Next time,read and comprehend,the Op is paying bills to pump the water,not free of charge. If you need free of charge water,wait till rain will fall..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Cousin9999: 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
Remove all the tubs from your rental units, and replace them with shower stalls.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by miqos02(m): 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Please how do I caution this people
increase the rent
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
bestman09:
sad
Your own landlord seems to be different from other landlords. Do whatever your conscience will accept

I dey tell u ooo..

Very understanding.... Anyways!!
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Ikpongiton: 7:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ikwerre landlord ,in yoruba land.i salute you.maybe you are using a central sewage system, that is the reason you are not crying about septic tank and soakaway misuse.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
seborrhic:

Landlords hv done u something... that doesn't mean u ve to react this way remember he is coughing out cash its not paper... so he has a point!!
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Henrygetpaid: 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
The only way to be free from all your worries is to die...
Or else live in love..
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
U dont need to say much, jus separate d meter and have ur peace of mind
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by MadamOk(f): 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Oga shey na the consumption of electricity be the issue abi na water

Cos I don't understand

If na the electricity I go understand and for that you can call the husband and have man to man talk with him on cost of electricity and how you both can share it or they connect their own prepay meter
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Ashirioluwa: 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
Get the rented apartment a separate prepaid meter and water tank so their water / washing machine usage will not bother you anymore

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by seborrhic: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2022
IJEYdiamond:

Landlords hv done u something... that doesn't mean u ve to react this way remember he is coughing out cash its not paper... so he has a point!!
Whatever point he has was defeated when he mentioned the joblessness of the woman.
Someone even asked how he knew they use the bath-tub excessively.
Is it not when he pries into their flat he would know.
I bet you,unless he is an illiterate,he dare not bring up this bathtub issue in public or the tables become turned because the wife of the tenant would accuse him of peeping at her when she is taking her bath.In court she would win because the argument will be that for him to know he must also be at home always and uses the period when the husband is at work to be peeping at the lady.
By then he would be the one begging and the monthly 36k he is whining about would then look like ₦100 by the time the tenants start asking for compensation or the police threaten to charge him for invasion of privacy of a married woman.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Low Price High Quality And Coverage Italian Stucco / Ikeja Gra Mansion For 475 Milion / What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.