Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water (20944 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by CELEBRITIZ(m): 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

There’s a bathtub in every toilet including the 1bedroom flat I rented out

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

Before I got the tenant ,I pay just 6k-8k per month for electricity

I use to pump the storex twice in a week but now sometimes 2 times in a day
She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now
Get a generator to pump water only. Then you are good
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by captain247: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
Discuss with the husband that due to the high consumption you will now disconnect them from the prepaid meter so they will be under estimated bill payment option till their own prepaid meter arrives.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Ghoxt: 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Get a second meter and quit complaining.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by managingpartner(f): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello sir, please did you do it? My father plans of doing same but the plumber told him he has to dig another bore hole.

Did you dig a new bore hole for them?

Please I don't mind if you can expantiate more sir.

Thank you.

quote author=Ekejoestar post=111675993]OP I understand how precarious the situation is cos I faced the thing with my tenants some times ago but my saving grace was that I've already made arrengment for an extra tank when the house was being built and when the plumbing work was being done.

So when they started that rubbish, I had to cough out money to buy extra tank and I reconnected/ separated the pipes.

So anytime there is light, I'll fill both tanks and when they finished using their own they would have to wait until my the water in my tank finish before they see another water to use or they carry gallon and fetch it from outside.

And since then I've had my peace of mind. [/quote]
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by twinskenny(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
managingpartner:
Hello sir, please did you do it? My father plans of doing same but the plumber told him he has to dig another bore hole.

Thank you.

quote author=Ekejoestar post=111675993]OP I understand how precarious the situation is cos I faced the thing with my tenants some times ago but my saving grace was that I've already made arrengment for an extra tank when the house was being built and when the plumbing work was being done.

So when they started that rubbish, I had to cough out money to buy extra tank and I reconnected/ separated the pipes.

So anytime there is light, I'll fill both tanks and when they finished using their own they would have to wait until my the water in my tank finish before they see another water to use or they carry gallon and fetch it from outside.

And since then I've had my peace of mind.

One borehole can take more than 4 pipes...

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by frozen70(f): 8:09pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now

Don't just confront them about it to avoid them thinking other wise

Just increase their rent and add the difference in recharge to their rent

The only place I have issues is getting the soakaway filled up with water
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by engrdogood: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
The wife must be into dry cleaning business

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by otomatic(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ropostic120:
I have stayed in a house of one Jehovah witness man like that and he would always not allow me and my wife to use water very well by locking the main tap to the house. He said my wife was using too much water then. Water that God is giving to us free of charge.If God were to be a human being, meeeeeeeh wahala for Don kill us all.
Humans are just too wicked and confused especially we black race.

God gives the water free but a human being drills for and pumps it from the ground. This is not rain water or water from a stream. Have you considered his electricity bills, cost of fuel, cost of maintaining or replacing a generator made bad by too much usage, cost of maintaining or replacing the water pump?
So because you paid rent the landlord should be bankrupt because of you.
God should also give humans sense for free.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Bearfruit(f): 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
abeg in need of room and parlor for rent, Jos precisely.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by zoedew: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Olam09:

Cut his supply
And get sued! Bad advise.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by smasher1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
Na you mess up. You know say you go rent out the apartment, you for give the apartment separate meter and separate tank.

Two options:
(1)
Install a separate meter and a separate overhead tank for the tenant's apartment.

(2)
Give the tenant a quit notice and have no other tenant when the current one leaves.

This commenter does not understand human nature well. Either the tenant and his wife think they pay you too much money and they do those things to hurt you, or the wife is a spoilt slay queen that is addicted to wasting money and resources. Therefore, talking to them cannot help. The man, being a lawyer, may even bring up a silly logic.

Lawyer is worse. If I'm asked, he should cut them of his meter and get a tank for them and let them pump the water themselves perhaps with gen. They would calm down.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Flame77: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
seborrhic:
What's your fu cking concern with the joblessness of the wife.
You own house in Lekki and no one would hear word again.
Do u know why the wife is jobless & has the husband come to complain to u?Do u know if she has a health condition that will make working difficult for her or if she has been trying to secure a job without success?
F ucking landlord priving into the private lives of his tenant!
If the water consumption is the issue take it up with the husband.You have concluded it's the wife's joblessness that is the reason she is using the bath-up excessively.
At worst you give them quit notice and get a tenant that would use the bath-up once a week!!

You just spoke my mind. What an insult and disrespect to the wife. Is it compulsory the wife must work? Being a house wife is serious work and business. I'm even sure the lawyer tenant will gladly pay more if the landlord approaches him sensibly.

And the busybody landlord shouldn't go trying to lecture or poison the husband against the wife over her employment status.

By the way if the so called landlord is not jobless himself will he have the time to be monitoring the woman? This one no be landlord na landlady him be.

I'm so glad the tenant is a lawyer. Let the idle landlord bring on the rubish talk about the wife being jobless and let's see if the lawyer will not cut him to size. That's if the lawyer knows what he's doing.

Oh I thank God for my landlord. What a decent and matured man. He does not even have the time for rubish talk like this. He's too busy being productively engaged.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by maasoap(m): 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Invite the husband, show him the amount you're paying on monthly basis and both of you should discuss new sharing arrangement. If he refuses, serve him quit notice immediately. Don't wait for the rent payment to run out before you do that.
I'm a tenant living in a three bedroom flat with another tenant living in the second flat. I always make sure that I scold and teach my kids anytime I saw them wasting water in the name of washing plates even though landlady is not living here.

kaboninc:

Have a meter for the bore hole or better still give them one tank and let them know you'll only pump when yours is finished.
Simple and apt.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by maasoap(m): 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ropostic120:
I have stayed in a house of one Jehovah witness man like that and he would always not allow me and my wife to use water very well by locking the main tap to the house. He said my wife was using too much water then. Water that God is giving to us free of charge .If God were to be a human being, meeeeeeeh wahala for Don kill us all.

Lol at free of charge. It is pretty hard if one apartment is actually wasting water.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by harmony75: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
Did you make decision of taking tenants haste?! Before the tenants came in you should have separated your metre, storex water tank from your tenants electrician /pumbler would have given idea how to separate youreelf from your tenants wahala. Not to late don't quarrel with your tenants just get electrician /plumber to do all the separation.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by kernniejay(m): 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

I have a neighbour like this, he and his family use water like mammy water. They finish a GeePee tank in one day. Worst thing is that they have never contributed to electricity bill and the landlord is not living in the house. I am planning to relocate. I can't cope with their attitude.
In this case, my advice to you is to give them quit notice if tou are sure you are the landlord. The amount of wasted water that must have entered your soakaway would be capable of weakening the earth underneath your building. You dont need to caution them or explain anything, just take actions, very simple.
NB: Dont listen to all these mumu people calling you names and defending your wasteful amd destructive tenants, most of these people online are either immature children or poverty stricken people.

5 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by sugarsoul(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ekejoestar:
OP I understand how precarious the situation is cos I faced the thing with my tenants some times ago but my saving grace was that I've already made arrengment for an extra tank when the house was being built and when the plumbing work was being done.

Bro please where's your house located in Lagos, I'm needing accomodation close to the island and these agent fees are so killing.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by DuvanZappatta(m): 9:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Get Sense bruh.. Water can't be wasted

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by belcom10(m): 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Water that God gave free of charge. Come to think of it, Are you leaving in abroad? Must you use PHCN to pump your water. Why not call electrician to wire your pumping machine to generator supply as alternative to nepa. If he waste the water and it finished. Just collect money for fuel to re-pump. Simple.

blackmamber:
Hello room

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by happney65: 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
You my friend is a useless Landlord. You don't tell us how much they paid or are they living in your house for free? Answer me naa. The way some of you talk is very funny . Saying she wastes water too much. What concerns you with how she used water? Hunnn? something they have already paid for? Is like lodging in an hotel for a week and the hotel comes knocking and telling you to reduce your water usage because you wash too much or bath too much isn't that crazy and silly?

Alaye,Get their prepaid or bribe Nepa and get it and get another tank for yourself. They deserve to have water as much as you do. If they want to pump 1Billion times a day they should and they can as long as the charges of the pumping isn't on you and stop saying rubbish here. The paid for comfort and not to make hell for them. They deserve to have water 247 as long as there is electricity to power it

Landlord Buruku

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by NorthernersSuck: 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Bros you don finally enter ooo, renting your house to a lawyer na big problem ooo, those guys can drag talk from morning till night
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by happney65: 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ekejoestar:
OP I understand how precarious the situation is cos I faced the thing with my tenants some times ago but my saving grace was that I've already made arrengment for an extra tank when the house was being built and when the plumbing work was being done.

You mean in the house the tenants pay for, they can't get to pump water for themselves until water finishes in your own tank?

Please make this clear to me as I do not seem to understand.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by rezzy: 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Pray harder so that the new meter will be delivered to you
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by happney65: 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
mixmastering:

You can't control how people use water.

That is why water is in generous supply of all of GOD's creations.
Water and air, infinite supply!

Electric bills, I'm sorry, maybe you put the cart before the horse.
Get a prepaid meter.
"Be on the neck" of the "Nepa" officials till they deliver the meter.

Please do not listen to the advice of Landlords here who pump water for their tenants ONLY when theirs is finished. It is pure wickedness.
Very wicked. Why not get them a separate card meter or electricity line?

There are people who wear their clothes only once and wash it. They need water. Because they are neat people.

Should your tenants bathe with half bucket of water only?
Get a another prepaid meter for them!

It is simple.
Let them bear the burden of the cost of their water usage and pumping.

Man! Landlords and tenants should never leave in the same compound or share any amenities!

Thank you. You have said the truth. You don't want any issh,get them a prepaid metre to bear the cost of water pumping not telling them they will wait till your own water finishes. Yet they are not living there for free. Yet they pay huge amount of money but to do your part to make life easier for them,it is difficult for you but when it comes to rent collection you go dey ranju all about

Na Buhari we go dey blame,when in essence we sef worst pass Buhari

Rubbish
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Ekejoestar(m): 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
managingpartner:

Thank you.

A single borehole was used and the two tanks were set on the same level of scaffolding platform, the pipes that brings water from the borehole will supply water to both tanks concurrently but the overflowing switch that switches off the machine is inside my tank so that means that once my tank is full, it will switch off automatically, I don't need to be checking when the tank is full. Hope you understand?

Quote me in a dead thread so that I can send you a sketch drawing of how it works.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Op, if you can see this. Buy a watt meter that can not be reset. Fix it directly to their load wire and read their monthly usage multiplied by the current rate and that way they'll pay fro what they're using from the recharge. Also try to get a separate meter for pumping machine

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by emecheboy2(m): 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

If what you are saying is true then call a meeting. Explain everything to him and let him know that he will be paying one-third of the bills.
Do they have kids or newborn baby to warrant washing everyday?
I do not support wastage.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by kushme: 11:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
kernniejay:

I have a neighbour like this, he and his family use water like mammy water. They finish a GeePee tank in one day. Worst thing is that they have never contributed to electricity bill and the landlord is not living in the house. I am planning to relocate. I can't cope with their attitude.
In this case, my advice to you is to give them quit notice if tou are sure you are the landlord. The amount of wasted water that must have entered your soakaway would be capable of weakening the earth underneath your building. You dont need to caution them or explain anything, just take actions, very simple.
NB: Dont listen to all these mumu people calling you names and defending your wasteful amd destructive tenants, most of these people online are either immature children or poverty stricken people.

Quite insensitive and wasteful of them.

Abeg, I wan confirm something, how many females are in this insensitive mammy water-wasting family?
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by samuelson06(m): 12:28am On Apr 06, 2022
immortalcrown:
Na you mess up. You know say you go rent out the apartment, you for give the apartment separate meter and separate tank.

Two options:
(1)
Install a separate meter and a separate overhead tank for the tenant's apartment.

(2)
Give the tenant a quit notice and have no other tenant when the current one leaves.

This commenter does not understand human nature well. Either the tenant and his wife think they pay you too much money and they do those things to hurt you, or the wife is a spoilt slay queen that is addicted to wasting money and resources. Therefore, talking to them cannot help. The man, being a lawyer, may even bring up a silly logic.

You are an intelligent man.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by gstream: 12:48am On Apr 06, 2022
1. Buy a separate tank for Dem even if it's 500 litres.
2. Buy an electricity calculator (it's a small device that calculate current used.). Now this device will serve as your tenant prepaid for now.
3. Call an electrician to wire the pumping machine using a change over switch..up Is for you, down is for the tenant. The main prepaid is for you..(take note).
This way, you can see total used on your main prepaid & minus what tenant used from main prepaid to get your figure...that way, no cheating.
NOTE.. get a very experienced electrician for the job.
blackmamber:
Hello room

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by MacANDIES: 1:08am On Apr 06, 2022
Ropostic120:
I have stayed in a house of one Jehovah witness man like that and he would always not allow me and my wife to use water very well by locking the main tap to the house. He said my wife was using too much water then. Water that God is giving to us free of charge.If God were to be a human being, meeeeeeeh wahala for Don kill us all.

Which water did God give you for free?
No be light dey use in pumping it?
No be money him use sink the borehole?

Wicked tenants like you don't deserve anything good from landlords.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by rickleye: 2:04am On Apr 06, 2022
grin
immortalcrown:

Two options:
(1)

(2)

Savage comment grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room / Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants / House On Fire This Morning In Owerri- Firemen Worked With Muftis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.