Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,844 members, 7,851,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria (71972 Views)

Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo / Davido Poses With Angelique Kidjo In South Africa As Fans Slam Him Over Tagbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 9:41am On Apr 07, 2022
Now Wizkid can accept the defeat with happiness

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by emorse(m): 9:42am On Apr 07, 2022
myrates:
Abi nah
Na so o my brother grin

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by saphiere(f): 9:42am On Apr 07, 2022
Akuruoulo:
NAIRALAND DN LIFT THEIR BAN ON UR AKAUNT ?
Haven't you been seeing my posts? I wasn't banned.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by RexTramadol1: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:

Wikipedia

Lol, I don’t want to believe you’re that ignorant

He was born in Oyo doesn’t mean his origin is Oyo

An Ogun man can be transferred to Akwa Ibom and have his children there, doesn’t make Akwa ibomites acknowledge them as one of their own

3 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by jneutron4000: 9:45am On Apr 07, 2022
falcon01:
Makeba is the Mama Africa
na you know o. For me She be Mama Africa undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Kbs468(m): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:
Stop this nonsense, his father is from River State while his mother is from Otuo in Owan Landcruiser cal government area of Edo state.

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, I am not yoruba but I and my siblings have Yoruba names as our middle names just Desmond Elliot.

Burna has no Yoruba root
Yes I believe you because right now in Abuja where I live, We have a Neighbor family friend whose name is TUNDE (A construction company Carpenter by profession) and has boys named JOHN, SOLOMON, SEGUN, DESTINY among his children

HE IS ACTUALLY FROM EDO STATE AND HIS YOUNGER BROTHER IS EVEN A PRACTICING MUSLIM TO THE CORE

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Lakeview: 9:45am On Apr 07, 2022
I Love Yoruba people grin grin grin grin grin
they are exquisite and fun people, intelligent and classic,
someday a Yoruba will rule the entire world. cool
I love yoruba ladies, they are good as wife materials,
i love igbo ladies too, just that they are more promiscuous. kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

My mother is stupid... grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by elonmuskbaby: 9:57am On Apr 07, 2022
seanwilliam:
winning Grammy is not by lyrics bobo.

If it’s by lyrics cardi b, mega the stallion, doja cat and other razz artistes for no win . The global music category has to do with how much influence her songs have. Shey you grab
so which influence skelewu get or which influence wey ni ojuelegba get?

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by maticar: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Stop being stupid,fool ! For Burna Boy,it's not about staying in Lagos,ode ! I just told you her mother's name is ABOSEDE,that's not an Igbo name monkey ! Crazy people,they become furiously agitated as soon as they come across anything "Yoruba" yet,the criminal lots keep arriving in their large numbers in this same Yoruba land they always love to hate ! I'm Yoruba,please tell me who da f uck is your fada ?
your father is a nonentity first of, your mum a rancid wombed whorre

look at someone harvesting peoples head in your dearly beloved yoruba land calling another criminal...

perhaps criminality means something else to you, scumbag

igbos will arrive in large numbers wherever and whenever they deem fit, you sell your lands to igbos and complain that they are taking over.........so eat shit if u dont like that
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Kbs468(m): 9:59am On Apr 07, 2022
Lakeview:
I Love Yoruba people grin grin grin grin grin
they are exquisite and fun people, intelligent and classic,
someday a Yoruba will rule the entire world. cool
I love yoruba ladies, they are good as wife materials,
i love igbo ladies too, just that they are more promiscuous. kiss

[b] Amen to your prayers Sir or Ma for I have a dream where I became more popular than Prophet TB JOSHUA

Interestingly enough, I have Dreamt about him telling me that 'ONE DAY, YOU WILL LEAD THIS COUNTRY

I have had exactly the same dream 3 times now-Twice before his death and once after his death

I have had countless Dreams about him as well already including my MTN foundation scholarship award, BENUE state TIV-FULANI crisis, AHMED ISA of the BREKETE FAMILY RADIO AND TV PROGRAM originating from ABUJA and so much more

I even posted some of my dreams on his Synagogue church of All Nations Facebook page between March-April and lasted UpTo June-july 2017 as the Number one Post on his page

A feat that was recorded for the first time as the longest in history because they Used to and are still changing the Top 30 posts every week to accommodate new entries as testimonies coming from different people all over the world

ALL THIS WAS STILL ACHIEVED INSPITE OF ME BEING A MUSLIM.

ALTHOUGH MY ORIGIN IS YORUBA[/b]
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by elonmuskbaby: 10:03am On Apr 07, 2022
grin[quote author=NotoriousBiggyS post=111721123][/quote]
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by AutoRedux: 10:03am On Apr 07, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
Yoruba ppl are really excelling in music internationally. A whole continent and 90% of the nominees are from one tribe
Shout out to Wizkid, Burna, Davido, Angelique.
Mumu
Burna has nothing to do with yoruba.
Both parents do not have any yoruba blood in them.

Go and listen to 'kilometer' by Burna Boy.

He said in the lyrics

"South south me come from, me no care mi brother."

Ignorant Afonja.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by uniquetechng: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2022
Kbs468:

Yes I believe you because right now in Abuja where I live, We have a Neighbor family friend whose name is TUNDE (A construction company Carpenter by profession) and has boys named JOHN, SOLOMON, SEGUN, DESTINY among his children

HE IS ACTUALLY FROM EDO STATE AND HIS YOUNGER BROTHER IS EVEN A PRACTICING MUSLIM TO THE CORE
Definitely, we are not even Yorubas but I and my siblings got Yoruba names while one bears Ali yet we are not Hausa either.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by uniquetechng: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

Go back and re read what I wrote this time with your glasses

BURNA BOY IS THE GRANDSON GRANDSON GRANDSON of FELA'S Manager

Ebunoluwa's Mother is from OGUN state

Google is your friend

Your ignorance is follow come , nothing can change it.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2022
Tremple8v:
Iseyin people full benin republic and coutonu and Abidjan. Na them full that side pass .

That's very true. When I was in university, I remember we went for a field trip across the west African countries...we stopped at a university in Lome, Togo... While the lecturer was giving us a lecture, he was struggling to speak English (they speak French there), then he asked if we understood Yoruba, and majority said yes... Mehn! I was shocked when the man switched to Yoruba , and was speaking it so fluently. It was a shocker to me and made me start doing some research. There are so many Yorubas or Yoruba speaking people all over West Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by kay29000(m): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2022
Kay25:
Angelique kidjo had sang more better yorubà song than your wizkid who is just trying to wanna be..let him go back to his root and identify with it and stop dragging what is not

Exactly.

Do you notice that the song he even won Grammy for (with Beyonce), was celebrating the African woman's beautiful complexion. He should make more meaningful songs like that, maybe he will win another Grammy... By himself this time.

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Puremaker8: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2022
emorse:

OK Sir grin
yes sir
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Tennessee85: 10:41am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:

Wikipedia never lies
Oh, you mean he's "associated" with Oyo because he was born in Ibadan? That's a senseless point bro. Everyone Knows Adenuga is an Ijebu man from Ogun State. Or have you ever seen or heard a non-Ijebu person bear Adenuga?

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Tennessee85: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:

Wikipedia never lies
"Wikipedia never lies"? Lol, go to bed bro, you're drunk.

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Banter1(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2022
We really don't care if you are from Buhari's village. You needs to quit and give the younger generation a chance to win this grammy once in their life time. Everytime give it to Kidjo. Ma you needs to delete does organizers nude on your phone. What nonsense @60
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Kbs468(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:
Definitely, we are not even Yorubas but I and my siblings got Yoruba names while one bears Ali yet we are not Hausa either.
That is the Beauty of the diversity obtainable in the South and that's why Religion is not a do or die thing in Yoruba land as within the same family, Blood Brothers, sisters, Nephews, cousins, uncles, Aunts and Nieces co-exist as Muslims and Christians irrespective.

A feat that The North often make reference to such that some of their preachers would tag the Yorubas as No-True Muslims as if they are the God that would pass on Judgement on the day of reckoning or resurrection.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Allisgud: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2022
emorse:

Sunday Igboho as well grin
Dem no dey mention the bad eggs oh,kosi iya were leko
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Mryacks: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2022
jneutron4000:
Gid bless her. We are proud of her mama Africa. Wombo Wombo will forever be a hit.

Ahh..such a parry jam back in the day... grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Goalty01: 11:16am On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Women lead men follow.

Why don't you remove the "MALE" in "FEMALE"
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by humberjade: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:

From oyo ibadan. Wikipedia never lie

Place of birth is direct from place of origin...I was born in Lagos, and that doesn't make a Lagosian...I hail from Ogun State
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by falcon01: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2022
jneutron4000:
na you know o. For me She be Mama Africa undecided
a'ight Jimmy
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
maticar:

your father is a nonentity first of, your mum a rancid wombed whorre

look at someone harvesting peoples head in your dearly beloved yoruba land calling another criminal...

perhaps criminality means something else to you, scumbag

igbos will arrive in large numbers wherever and whenever they deem fit, you sell your lands to igbos and complain that they are taking over.........so eat shit if u dont like that

Lmao ! E pain am ! Mr developer,village dwellers from dot.com land of criminals like you lots. Mumu, you can continue to "develop" another man's land while yours that's erosion ravaged remains barren,unproductive and looks like some ancient ruins !

How will you not keep arriving in droves when the demons that are chasing you away from your primitive enclave are still very much alive ? Olori pelebe,ole,omo irakiran omo Igbo,OSU slave like you;thunder faya ya fada ! We will always show you the way back to your criminals' dungeons even if you spend a million year in our midst. This reminds me of a certain Mr Azikwe who was ready to give even his own head just to be identified with the Yoruba people ! Guy man preferred to be Premier of Western Nigeria !! You see,your obsession with Yoruba land is not surprising; no be today na !

If you're tired of your miserable,pitiable life,below is a way out of it ! I'm done with your flat head osu !

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by prophetfire: 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Women lead men follow.
. Have you heard that the FUTURE removed her pants yesterday for a photo shoot?
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
Nogymmarts:
does that mean she's also a Brazilian

The Olucumi of Bahia in Brazil are actually Yoruba people. They proudly showcase their Yoruba ancestry to the world and whoever cares to know ! If her forebears had stayed back in Brazil,she would have been a Bahian.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

The Olucumi of Bahia in Brazil are actually Yoruba people. They proudly showcase their Yoruba ancestry to the world and whoever cares to know ! If her forebears had stayed back in Brazil,she would have been a Bahian.

make i find my way to bahia grin grin grin grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
Nogymmarts:

make i find my way to bahia grin grin grin grin

Lol ! Safe trip bro !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor Travells To Germany, Drives Germans Crazy (video 18+) / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) / 21 Years After: 'Titanic' Stars Then And Now (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.