Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,735 members, 7,851,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:32 PM

Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria (71958 Views)

Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo / Davido Poses With Angelique Kidjo In South Africa As Fans Slam Him Over Tagbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Solofresh2: 8:15am On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Women lead men follow.
ode ni e joor

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by delpee(f): 8:17am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:
Femi otedola oyo
Mike adenuga oyo
Angelique kidjo oyo

Why are great people associated with oyo?

Femi Otedola is from Epe in Lagos State
Mike Adenuga is an Ijebu man.

Where you're born isn't necessarily where you come from.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by uniquetechng: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

Every Grammy winning Nigerian musician are all yoruba
Burna Boy is not Yoruba though , just thought you should know.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Mooh247: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:
Burna Boy is not Yoruba though , just thought you should know.

Ebunoluwa born in Ibadan to an Ogun State mother

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by derecho(m): 8:32am On Apr 07, 2022
Though, I disagree with your stereotypes but what I find particularly interesting is the bolded.If true,, you'd see people differently and not generalize because there are Ghanaians like Nigerians and Yoruba's/Hausa's who behave like igbos too
jrusky:

In term of arrogancy bro we all know who are dead arrogant Nigerians, they are my own people from SE I had said it here severally and that is why they hate me and I give no shit.

SE are naturally too arrogant and they are the one that put Nigeria on hate line around the world due to their artogancy and criminal tendency I say these with no apology its my region but I don't take side on nonsense I see myself as human before a tribe so I don't care about tribe or etnic colouration what is bad is bad no other word for it.

Nigeria is great and I will forever love my country.

Watch how they ill attack me soon because they are allergic to truth all they want is just for everyone to keep praying them in their arrogancy which will never happen in my own world.

Good day.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by saphiere(f): 8:34am On Apr 07, 2022
IbileIfe:

Then, why are women allowing men to always be on top of them?

Why are women more desperate to marry than men?

Why are women afraid of being single without a man?
Very dumb questions.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by uniquetechng: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

Ebunoluwa born in Ibadan to an Ogun State mother
Stop talking nonsense, Burna's surname is Ogulu and he is from River State.
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by BennyDGreat: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:

He said born to....not that he is from

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by TemmyT002(m): 8:38am On Apr 07, 2022
Yoruba to the world

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Mooh247: 8:39am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:

His birth name is ebunoluwa and he is also from Ogun State

3 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by uniquetechng: 8:40am On Apr 07, 2022
BennyDGreat:

He said born to....not that he is from
He said Burna is Yoruba, the mother Bose Ogulu is from Otuo in Owan of Edo state, dude was or his mother wasnt born in Ibadan as he insinuated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by uniquetechng: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

His birth name is ebunoluwa and he is also from Ogun State
Stop this nonsense, his father is from River State while his mother is from Otuo in Owan Landcruiser cal government area of Edo state.

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, I am not yoruba but I and my siblings have Yoruba names as our middle names just Desmond Elliot.

Burna has no Yoruba root

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Mooh247: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:
Stop this nonsense, his father is from River State while his mother is from Otuo in Owan Landcruiser cal government area of Edo state.

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, I am not yoruba but I and my siblings have Yoruba names as our middle names just Desmond Elliot.

Burna has no Yoruba root

You can lie..

Owu and envy Na bad thing

Ebunoluwa is the grand son of Fela's Manager and the son of Fela's dancer both Fela , His manger and his mum are all from Ogun state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
What a great woman.. leading men at all time..no man dare Cross her lane..always achieving great feats.. grin

U hate men but whenever u see them with good physique u get pulsating vagina

3 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by uniquetechng: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

You can lie..

Owu and envy Na bad thing

Ebunoluwa is the grand son of Fela's Manager and the son of Fela's dancer both Fela , His manger and his mum are all from Ogun state
Envy who ? And where is the owu coming from ?
My first son is 22 and living on his own in a 2 bedroom apartment, and I am doing well as a man making enough money to take care of my family so what makes you thing I should be hating Burna Boy who doesn't even know of my existence ?

Burna Boy is not the son of any Fela manager.

Burna's father is Samuel Ogulu who is from River State, the mother is from Otuobin Edo state and was born there not in Ibadan or your imaginary Ogun state.

If you have a little atom of intelligence in you best thing would have been for you to do a little research , I am sure Google dont charge a penny for its usage.

And please what does Ogulu mean in Yoruba and which part of Ogun state bears Ogulu ?
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
What a great woman.. leading men at all time..no man dare Cross her lane..always achieving great feats.. grin

U hate men but whenever u see them with good physique u get pulsating vagina abi

2 Likes

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Tareq1105: 9:01am On Apr 07, 2022
press9jatv:
Wow that’s great

Well deserved Award.

It's even good to know she's a Nigerian from Oyo state of Iseyin town.

We're all one. Anyone that would give this country a better imagine is welcome.

More win for you ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by LOGRYTHMN: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2022
Even Benin republic is the 37th state of Nigeria

Argue with your keyboard!

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Mooh247: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:
Envy who ? And where is the owu coming from ?
My first son is 22 and living on his own in a 2 bedroom apartment, and I am doing well as a man making enough money to take care of my family so what makes you thing I should be hating Burna Boy who doesn't even know of my existence ?

Burna Boy is not the son of any Fela manager.

Burna's father is Samuel Ogulu who is from River State, the mother is from Otuobin Edo state and was born there not in Ibadan or your imaginary Ogun state.

If you have a little atom of intelligence in you best thing would have been for you to do a little research , I am sure Google dont charge a penny for its usage.

And please what does Ogulu mean in Yoruba and which part of Ogun state bears Ogulu ?

Go back and re read what I wrote this time with your glasses

BURNA BOY IS THE GRANDSON GRANDSON GRANDSON of FELA'S Manager

Ebunoluwa's Mother is from OGUN state

Google is your friend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2022
does that mean she's also a Brazilian
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by poiZon: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Our blodas from Afghaneastern right now
U should direct this ur tosh' to the wizkid fans majority who r skullers that went and desecrated and abused her on her Twitter page cos she mercilessly defeated wizkid.

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Ropostic120(m): 9:16am On Apr 07, 2022
yetunsbay:
Let it be on record you first bleat

Don't mind the fool

When it comes to entertainment,Yoruba race is the best

Davido
Wizkid
Olamide
Fireboy
Yemi Alade
Falz
And many more are Yoruba making waves more than any other artists in Naija

Even the igbos in Music that are making it couldn't have done so without coming to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Ropostic120(m): 9:17am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

Go back and re read what I wrote this time with your glasses

BURNA BOY IS THE GRANDSON GRANDSON GRANDSON of FELA'S Manager

Ebunoluwa's Mother is from OGUN state

Google is your friend

Burna's mom is a Yoruba

Don't mind these fools
Don't argue with them

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by headbasher96(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.

Women lead men follow.
atleast she no the ask of 2k like the likes of u out there

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Akuruoulo(m): 9:22am On Apr 07, 2022
saphiere:
The FUTURE is FEMALE.
Women lead men follow.
NAIRALAND DN LIFT THEIR BAN ON UR AKAUNT ?

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by BennyDGreat: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2022
uniquetechng:
He said Burna is Yoruba, the mother Bose Ogulu is from Otuo in Owan of Edo state, dude was or his mother wasnt born in Ibadan as he insinuated.

Oh I get...you are right. His mother is from Edo daughter to Benson Idonije (Fela's Manager)

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 9:25am On Apr 07, 2022
elonmuskbaby:
Other African artist were complaining and Joking about why it's only Angelique that gets all the awards

ITS BECAUSE SHE SINGS MEANINGFUL SONGS THAT ARE OF QUALITY AND CONTENT. Meanwhile all una Sabi no pass big ass,big breasts etc.step up your contents,lyrics and let your music have substance then you will get the grammies but it seems you guys are happy with mediocrity
winning Grammy is not by lyrics bobo.

If it’s by lyrics cardi b, mega the stallion, doja cat and other razz artistes for no win . The global music category has to do with how much influence her songs have. Shey you grab

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by Kbs468(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2022
Englishisamust:
Femi otedola oyo
Mike adenuga oyo
Angelique kidjo oyo

Why are great people associated with oyo?
And I am Equally from Oyo too (OYO ALAAFIN). Just watch out for me in the NIGERIAN Landscape of Politics and Wealth Inshallah

KABIRU ABDULAZEEZ aka KABIRU LASISI

1 Like

Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by extremophile: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2022
So that her song Naima is dedicated to her daughter? Interesting to know. This woman knows how to make good music!
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by emorse(m): 9:39am On Apr 07, 2022
Puremaker8:
yes, sunday igboho is better than ojukwu.
OK Sir grin
Re: Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria by emorse(m): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2022
FreeConCiencE:

Sunday Igboho has saved more lives than Buhari...... He is a great man!
OK Sir grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido: My New Private Jet Has Arrived / Davido Shoots A Gun From The Balcony Of His home / Fans Blast Mercy Aigbe For Her Swimsuit Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.