Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,120 members, 7,860,046 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

How Russia Rescued The Ruble - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Russia Rescued The Ruble (32735 Views)

War In Ukraine: How Russia Spied On A German General. / The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla / Trump Salutes Soldiers Who Rescued An American Kidnapped In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Benny6944: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Svlla:

You must really know the time Putin is dead as you're his corpse ripper
What do you mean by EU's total withdrawal?? Please explain more

Op if you don't get it, forget about it.
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Winters23: 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
[s]
sapientia:
The rate is fixed and maintained by their central bank

Tradings halted with high interest rate

Let's see how long they can hold it

The sanctions of 2014 though small didn't manifest in Russia till coming years

Edit: It's official, Putin Fan bots don't ever read, a look at the title and many of them are already spewing rubbish
[/s]

Black slave in love with his masters

Fvckards like you are the sellouts during slave trade

4 Likes

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by MT: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
baralatie:

Where in that statement in the bold posted did Ukraine sign away it's sovereignty?

You wrote and I quote - "by granting self autonomy for lohansk and Donetsk region but they remain under Ukraine".

Why should Luhansk and Donetsk regions have self autonomy under a country? If that will happen, it is not Russia's call. It is left for the people of Ukraine to determine through referendum.

1 Like

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Jackiedemie(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
Are you not aware Russia was invited by the people of Donbass as their main ally after being attack by Ukraine continuously?

obedience4:

We are taking about Ukraine. You are talking about French military campaign in Mali..
anyway sha...
First of all the French military was invited by the Mali government after rebels took 2/3 of the country.
And they successful pushed the rebels away ..
The Mali military dissolve the civilian government.
Please Google the militiary aid and humanitarian aid by the French to Mali..
The Mali military is just corrupt that all.
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by omohayek: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
sapientia:
The rate is fixed and maintained by their central bank

Tradings halted with high interest rate

Let's see how long they can hold it

The sanctions of 2014 though small didn't manifest in Russia till coming years

Edit: It's official, Putin Fan bots don't ever read, a look at the title and many of them are already spewing rubbish
Indeed! All one has to do to see how stupid and lazy the Putin apologists are is to see that they don't recognize that when something is referred to with the term "Potemkin", it means the thing is being done purely for appearance, with no substance behind it. It's too much to ask that they or the numerous drones dashing them "likes" actually read the article from start to finish, let alone try to understand what it's really saying.

Putin has "rescued" the Ruble in exactly the same way Buhari "rescued" the Naira - by jacking up domestic interest rates to crippling levels while making it as hard as possible for people to take their funds out of the country. The negative consequences for Russia will be guaranteed to make the last 7 years of Buhari-engineered stagnation seem like an economic miracle by comparison - where Nigerian incomes have declined at about ~1% per year, Russians are going to see a minimum 10% drop this year alone, and likely even worse next year as the sanctions kick in.
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by hayzed19(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
I swear bro
but in my own opinion In as much as the UN Security Council Big5 or P5[b] (the United States, United Kingdom, France, China, and Russia)[/b], a P5 of Allies and Axis are the only ones with veto power, meaning any one of them can prevent the adoption of any "substantive" draft Council resolution, regardless of its level of international support. There will continue to be threats to global peace and security. Until the UN Security Council is reformed. The UN Big 5 are the threat to global peace.
baralatie:

You all.even well informed of all the events that took place before now!

Yet some people think zelensky is a hero!
Zelensky was nothing other than a huge acceleration to gravity of war and destruction
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Svlla: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
MT:

You are touting the same mistake the world made about Hitler as solution - appeasement. You are telling a sovereign nation to sign away part of its land - Luhansk and Donetsk. Ukraine is a sovereign nation and should have rights to determine to be a member of any association just like Russia. Russia belongs to any union she wants.

We are living in a rule-based world. Russia can not come to start changing the rules. Putin cannot be APPEASED!

You talk about Sovereignty and you forget about rights of indigenous people to chose which nation they want to be part of

The Russian speaking East Ukraine has said since 2014 that they don't want to be part of Ukraine. They have the right to make such choice

The Donbas people want out of Ukraine same way the Kosovo people wanted out of Yugoslavia and Nato supported it

3 Likes

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Funflipper: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
Svlla:
True

Latvia had just agreed to pay for gas with Ruoble, same with Hungary, Serbia, Turkey and Belarus if this continue and more EU joins to pay for gas in Rouble I believe it will strengthen the Rouble more

As for Rouble being the Potemkin currency, it depends on the Russian central bank and thier abilities also the Putin gamble of paying for gas with Rouble. If it works out then the Ruoble backed by gas and crude will definitely be a hard currency and several central bank in Europe, Japan, China and others will start stocking up a Rouble Reserve.

As for Russia gas supply in Europe, there's no immediate replacement of over 150BCM yearly of gas to Europe anywhere in the world.

To replace Russia gas with either the gas from US or building a pipeline from Qatar will mean these 3 things
1. There's someone somewhere not getting their gas and this may cause gas price to skyrocket.
2. Europe will have to pay more for American gas delivered to them in shipments from US, including logistics cost. Europe may have to pay up to 4times more for this gas. And still US won't be able to completely replace 150BCM of gas that EU gets from Russia
3. Gas infrastructure and pipeline from Qatar will take time to deliver and no matter the route, the nearly 7,000km gas pipeline will still encounter some encumbrances, and transit nations(Most likely Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Turkey, Central Europe nations) will be paid too.

GasRuoble may work, and it will for Russia and help their economy in the long run

modified
Current exchange
Dollar to Rouble 77
Euro to Rouble 83

"Current exchange
Dollar to Rouble 77
Euro to Rouble 83"

It is time to take profit. There is a big waterfall looming.

1 Like

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by pansophist(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
Anyone that thinks Putin went into this fight without preparation is daft, to put it bluntly. There are countries that by virtue of their existence, are superpowers; Russia and China are such countries. Russia is the most commodity rich country on the planet, its one of the few countries that can implement autarky.

If you listened to western media only, you'll get the impression that the Russians are suffering immeasurably, that they are a pariah state and the world hates them. But its a lie. Its only the western country led by the US (alongside South Korea and Japan) that are against the Russians, people that makes up less than 15% of humanity. The whole world have nothing against Russians and are secretly cheering that they stood up to the imperialistic west that have castrated the world.

Just about six weeks weeks into the war, Russia has achieved almost all the objectives it went into the war for. Donbass have been liberated, all Ukrainian military infrastructures destroyed, the azov nazist scum are almost completely eradicated, Ukraine has accepted its neutrality, ruble has been backed by gold and not traded in usd (same thing Gadaffi was trying to do, but was killed by the west), and it's only a matter of time, other of their objectives such as recognition of crimea and the Donbass region will be a reality.

The west is not your friends Africans, they enslaved you, called you subhuman, colonised your ancestors and created human zoos with Africans in it all around Europe. The Russians and China many of you hate haven't done any of these things to you, and they genuinely supported the independence of African countries during colonial period. Just less than twenty years when China became wealthy, they have sponsored infrastructure all around Africa, but the west never did that for centuries they were wealthy.

Smell the coffees folks. I repeat, the, white man is not your friend. Your history with Europe is filled with pain, sorry, loss of heritage, inferiority and everything negative. How you support their imperialistic aim is stupid because it may be the Russians today, but it will be your tomorrow. It was Libya few years ago, Burkina Faso when Lumumba was killed, and Nigeria in 1993 when presidential aspirant MKO Abiola was poisoned with tea when US secretary of state visited him.

Now for the lovers of everything western, I will ask you on simple question. Please tell me how exactly has the west made your life good? I want to know.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Ademola47(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
It is getting interesting...
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by baralatie(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
hayzed19:
I swear bro
but in my own opinion In as much as the UN Security Council Big5 or P5[b] (the United States, United Kingdom, France, China, and Russia)[/b], a P5 of Allies and Axis are the only ones with veto power, meaning any one of them can prevent the adoption of any "substantive" draft Council resolution, regardless of its level of international support. There will continue to be threats to global peace and security. Until the UN Security Council is reformed. The UN Big 5 are the threat to global peace.
You see this table you want to shake
My hand is not there o

1 Like

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Benny6944: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
Svlla:

I guess you've not heard they are now paying for gas in Ruble
Czech, Serbia, Belarus, Hungary Estonia, Austria, Vatican, Turkey

Op

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/business/who-is-buying-russian-crude-oil-and-who-has-stopped/articleshow/90588978.cms
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Svlla: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
Benny6944:

Op if you don't get it, forget about it.

You're having difficulty explaining what you post undecided
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by hayzed19(m): 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
undecided undecided kiss kiss cry cry
I'm not shaking any tables ooo.
I'm simply expressing my opinion, and I could be wrong thou.
baralatie:

You see this table you want to shake
My hand is not there o
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Svlla: 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Funflipper:

"Current exchange
Dollar to Rouble 77
Euro to Rouble 83"

It is time to take profit. There is a big waterfall looming.

There is a big waterfall looming

Maybe, or maybe not
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Johel(m): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mynd44:
https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2022/04/05/1090920442/how-russia-rescued-the-ruble

God bless Russia...God bless Putin,God bless me and my family too.

2 Likes

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by EKONGKING: 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
Benny6944:

China Will cover what?? laughing in Chinese.

you have no idea what's coming for Russia. Usa will stop buying Russia oil by 22nd of this month, Estonia is no more buying, including gas. expect other EU to pull soon. so your point is nonsense..

You ar talking nonsens ,what is population of Estonia and what is demand. Iam comparing the world 2 nd largest importer of oil which is India and u r taking about Estonia .
America buys less than 0.5 percent of oil from Russia.
What u will be seeing ,will be just a switch in buyers and sellers.
Western Europe will be buying from Iran grin ,libya and Qatar instead of Russia while India and other asian countries will buying from Russia instead of Iran and qatar.
Dealing with Iran and Libya will have their consequences for Western world, more wanna be Islamists entering western world

2 Likes

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by emmaodet: 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
pansophist:
Anyone that thinks Putin went into this fight without preparation is daft, to put it bluntly. There are countries that by virtue of their existence, are superpowers; Russia and China are such countries. Russia is the most commodity rich country on the planet, its one of the few countries that can implement autarky.

If you listened to western media only, you'll get the impression that the Russians are suffering immeasurably, that they are a pariah state and the world hates them. But its a lie. Its only the western country led by the US (alongside South Korea and Japan) that are against the Russians, people that makes up less than 15% of humanity. The whole world have nothing against Russians and are secretly cheering that they stood up to the imperialistic west that have castrated the world.

Just about six weeks weeks into the war, Russia has achieved almost all the objectives it went into the war for. Donbass have been liberated, all Ukrainian military infrastructures destroyed, the azov nazist scum are almost completely eradicated, Ukraine has accepted its neutrality, ruble has been backed by gold and not traded in usd (same thing Gadaffi was trying to do, but was killed by the west), and it's only a matter of time, other of their objectives such as recognition of crimea and the Donbass region will be a reality.

The west is not your friends Africans, they enslaved you, called you subhuman, colonised your ancestors and created human zoos with Africans in it all around Europe. The Russians and China many of you hate haven't done any of these things to you, and they genuinely supported the independence of African countries during colonial period. Just less than twenty years when China became wealthy, they have sponsored infrastructure all around Africa, but the west never did that for centuries they were wealthy.

Smell the coffees folks. I repeat, the, white man is not your friend. Your history with Europe is filled with pain, sorry, loss of heritage, inferiority and everything negative. How you support their imperialistic aim is stupid because it may be the Russians today, but it will be your tomorrow. It was Libya few years ago, Burkina Faso when Lumumba was killed, and Nigeria in 1993 when presidential aspirant MKO Abiola was poisoned with tea when US secretary of state visited him.

Now for the lovers of everything western, I will ask you on simple question. Please tell me how exactly has the west made your life good? I want to know.

Lol

The answer to your question is very simple.

Visa. Just visa

Haven’t you seen people hear answering that question ? That between US visa and Russia visas, which one will you choose?
To them, they believe US has produced more african millionaires in diaspora than an other fccking country.
They have relatives in the west sending home dollars, pounds and euros and they see how they ball when they come home in Decembers.
It is believed most people that go to India, china, Russia etc are all strugglers who barely make anything tangible.
So why do we want to fall a nation as US that as made more peoples’ lives better? If not that we are enemies of progress.
Unfortunately for them, what they don’t know is that the core reason why they are suffering, why Africa and co are suffering is because the west have created a system for us to rely on them. Thereby making them richer and richer and we won’t have a choice than want to leave our homelands they are manipulating and influencing by proxy to subdue us.
It is a crazy world.
Many people can’t see how the west are killing us and influencing our decision making by proxy through their established institutions like IMF, World bank, ICJ, World Trade Center etc. and also deliberately giving us more loans and loans they know we can never pay back just to have our neck deep in their butt hole and regularly subject us to devaluations and inflations.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by VladimirPutiin(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
Brendaniel:
Do not underestimate a man who doesn't talk much...

Reason for my undying love for Putin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by aribisala0(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
Why does anti spam bot ban in some sections?
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by VladimirPutiin(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Theknowledge:
I mentioned this to a friend in March.

Putin has been in power for over 20years while other countries that placed sanctions on Russia have government changed every 4-8years.

That the invasion has been well planned and executed from the very onset- as his time in power have been used to gather Intel on this nations

They don’t know Putin is currently the world smartest President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by EBEk101(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
EKONGKING:
U got to admit Putin planned this .
If western Europe refuses , energy hungry India will jump at the Russian offer . America cannot sanction India as it needs India to stand up to America principle enemy which is china.
Only problem is western technologies in manufacturing which will be lacking in russia ,however china will cover that deficit too.

China go cover wetin
Can you compare chinko technology with that of the west or USA ?
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by techWriter3: 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
have not overestimate a man who wantsn't chat much
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Funflipper: 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
pansophist:

I can drive at any time of the night feeling 100% safe because i know there are no armed robbers on the highway. My fundamental rights are 100% protected and can never be jailed for even insulting the president. I have the right to defend myself and my family so if an intruder breaks into my house, I will shoot that person to pieces but in naija, you are at the mercy of the intruders because the police will only show up (that is if they even do) when they are done raping people's wives and daughters in their presence. We can go on and on but we have other things to do but in summary; If i didn't cross over, I would have been marooned in Hell (Nigeria) with all the restrictions coupled with insecurity. Life is good when you are in the right place.
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by obedience4(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
Jackiedemie:
Are you not aware Russia was invited by the people of Donbass as their main ally after being attack by Ukraine continuously?

So let as the eastern part of Nigeria are mainly Igbo's and have high Christian there, and they feel marginalized and call for a big country like say Israel because to help them, will the federal government of Nigeria allow the eastern region to be annexed because most of them are Christian and feel marginalized..
You want the Ukraine government to give up their territories because the majority of the dombass are ethic Russians and speak Russian..

Seems you high bro
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mokason288:
May God almighty continue to bless PUTIN

#GODOFWAR
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by grandstar(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
EKONGKING:
U got to admit Putin planned this .
If western Europe refuses , energy hungry India will jump at the Russian offer . America cannot sanction India as it needs India to stand up to America principle enemy which is china.
Only problem is western technologies in manufacturing which will be lacking in russia ,however china will cover that deficit too.

Putin never planned this. If he had, the head of the Russian central bank would not have wanted gto resign following the invasion and the sanctions heaped upon the country..

As a commentator rightly said, these sanctions will wipe almost 40 years of progress in Russia which started with Glasnot and Perestroika in the mid 1980s.

The invasion was completely unnecessary. Putin could have stopped Ukraine from joining NATO without firing a shot. He knew but wanted Ukraine gto know who is boss. He wants Ukraine to be another Belorussia - a country that dances when ever Putin sings.

I shudder at what may come if Russia decides to regroup. Chechnya is a testimony to Russian cruelty.

Putin has the following 3 options open to him to improve his chances of taking Ukraine:

(1). Carpet bomb Ukraine like was done in Chechnya.

(2) Use biological and chemical weapons.

(3). Use a nuke.
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by Horus(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JefYRUn92as

Russian Ruble STABILIZES As Sanctions BACKFIRE
Re: How Russia Rescued The Ruble by grandstar(m): 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
BKayy:
Una eyes don dey clear?

For the chief security committee of Nairaland Western Propaganda loving forum to bring this to their forum, it means that even doubting Thomas can see the truth even if he doesn't want or like it.

The question in this conflict is not how black Ignorant slaves in Africa can show different ways they can slave to the West but what they can learn from Russia. How to manage diversity, stand tall to mental manipulation through media and how to manage diversity.

In Russia, we see Christians, Muslims, and even atheists fighting together against the enemies of man, the Wicked demons from Western Europe that want to enslave and take other people's resources and independence.

They (The West) have now imported Jihadists, Imperialists, ignorant African slaves, Nazists, ignorant redditors and all forms of vile creatures even those under Christianity to do their bidding.

The three pictures are from Russia.
-Muslims
-Orthodox Christians and other reasonable Christians
-And Atheists, united against injustice

What injustice? Russia invades a sovereign country and you celebrate it?

Did you know that Russia could have stopped Ukraine from joining NATO without firing a single shot? The invasion was totally unnecessary. Putin wanted more than he could chew and now he's paying a bitter price.

Stop using the phrase "Western slaves". It is bewildering that you support state-controlled Russian media, a country with limited freedom of expression and where journalists and critics are murdered- including those living overseas?

The religious "harmony" in Russia which you highlight isn't the issue here. Chechnya, a Russia province which Russia bombed willy nilly is Muslim. The focus here is the injustice of invading a neighboring country simply because you're far more powerful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russia Successfully Tests New Hypersonic Tsirkon Missile / Kofi Annan Buried Amidst Tears (Burial Photos) / Boris Bondarev Resigns, Pens Scathing Letter Slamming Putin's War.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.