Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla (1742 Views)

Russia's Ruble Is World's Top-performing Currency Against The Dollar / How Russia Rescued The Ruble / Biden’s Victory Will Attract $700b To Nigeria, Other Emerging Markets, Say Exper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2022
The ruble is now the worst-performing currency against the dollar among emerging markets this month.

The ruble is down more than 16% so far in July after becoming the world's top-performing currency against the dollar earlier this year.

Meanwhile, Russian demand for China's currency has soared, with yuan-ruble trading volume hitting an all-time high.

The Russian ruble is is now the worst-performing currency against the dollar among emerging markets this month.

The ruble is down more than 16% so far in July after becoming the world's top-performing currency against the dollar earlier this year.

After sinking to less than a penny versus the dollar, the ruble rebounded above levels seen before Russia invaded Ukraine as the central bank enacted strict currency controls and hiked rates in response to Western sanctions. The central bank has since started slashing interest rates as the strong ruble has hit the country's exporters.

Meanwhile, Western sanctions that froze Russia's foreign-exchange reserves have prompted a shift to other currencies, and exports to China have increasingly been paid for with yuan.

Now Russian demand for the yuan is jumping. Yuan-ruble trade doubled this week and hit a daily all-time high on Wednesday of 7.82 billion yuan, according to data from the Moscow Exchange compiled by Bloomberg. Trading volumes for the yuan-ruble pair are now ahead of euro-ruble trade, the data shows.

For the month, yuan-ruble trade hit 94 billion yuan in July compared t0 54 billion the month prior.
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/ruble-now-worst-performing-emerging-142803313.html

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2022
The bubble will surely burst.

2 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by tamdun: 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2022
Every currency is doing bad against dollar at the moment, euro, pound, naira yuan just name it
Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2022
Lies,

Oga lie Mohammed Nah you father?
Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Lies,

Oga lie Mohammed Nah you father?

I don't know if you Can't read, Nigeria must be really frustrating. You better Come and become EU citizen like me.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by SmellyNyash: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2022
grin Russians now know the real meaning of American wonders

Uncle SAM na your mate?

2 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by baralatie(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
All these unnecessary hullabaloo!
The rouble been down against the dollar only makes the Russian gas,crude and oil cheaper nau!
undecided
It only frustrate the Europe countries even more

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
So being an EU citizen immune you from lying?

BritishNaija:

I don't know if you Can't read, Nigeria must be really frustrating. You better Come and become EU citizen like me.
Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
So being an EU citizen immune you from lying?

I gain nothing lying.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
Explain this.
Something I watched on wion some days back?

BritishNaija:

I gain nothing lying.

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Explain this.
Something I watched on wion some days back?

Please read the current news,don't Take us aback.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2022
Post your current news

I dey wait for your current news oh
Lie Mohammed pikin

BritishNaija:

Please read the current news,don't Take us aback.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Post your current news

What i posted is current, did Miss to add link?

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
If you tell me sey you make mistake, I go gree but no tell me sey your news current

BritishNaija:

What i posted is current, did Miss to add link?
Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
If you tell me sey you make mistake, I go gree but no tell me sey your news current

Check the date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
Then it's obvious the west is dishing their usual propaganda again as it cannot be in its 7 years highest just less than a month ago and then the worse just this month. A usual propaganda they are known for

BritishNaija:

Check the date.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Then it's obvious the west is dishing their usual propaganda again as it cannot be in its 7 years highest just less than a month ago and then the worse just this month. A usual propaganda they are known for

You are funny, when the West said It's best performing currency, you believed it and it was never propaganda.

But when the table is turned around, it's propaganda.
Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Ruggedniggaone: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:

lol you dey reply that guy?how many people did you see replying to his lie? Most people will just come to his thread just to check another lie he has posted,he will never give you any real proof other than fake news site to support his gibberish

6 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
Hope you know that yahoo news is not a credible news outlet?
I have shown you New York Times, cbn and other credible media house and you still dey talk nonsense. E bi like sey you think sey every body Nah mumu. China and India alone is bigger than the whole of Europe in terms of trade and mind you European countries are still trading with Russia in rubble and not solar or euro.
So let's assume am a novice, using simple demand and supply, if rubble is now in more demand as it has being used to replace dollar, will it make rubble weaker or stronger?

BritishNaija:

You are funny, when the West said It's best performing currency, you believed it and it was never propaganda.

But when the table is turned around, it's propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Hope you know that yahoo news is not a credible news outlet?
I have shown you New York Times, cbn and other credible media house and you still dey talk nonsense. E bi like sey you think sey every body Nah mumu. China and India alone is bigger than the whole of Europe in terms of trade and mind you European countries are still trading with Russia in rubble and not solar or euro.
So let's assume am a novice, using simple demand and supply, if rubble is now in more demand as it has being used to replace dollar, will it make rubble weaker or stronger?

One problem you have is this,you sink more Into hole trying to defend yourself.
You just say Yahoo is not a credible News source, Smh. Yahoo actually is not the source of the News they posted, They actually pick News from different sites, both your credible CBN and NY Times News and repost. You see you are shooting yourself in the foot.
Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Another fake news

2 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
Abeg carry you wahala dey go son of linus

BritishNaija:

One problem you have is this,you sink more Into hole trying to defend yourself.
You just say Yahoo is not a credible News source, Smh. Yahoo actually is not the source of the News they posted, They actually pick News from different sites, both your credible CBN and NY Times News and repost. You see you are shooting yourself in the foot.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Abeg carry you wahala dey go son of linus

I can feel the shame in you After Being defeated, You think you speaking with one random Individual.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by RikudoSennin: 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2022
Within this week, i can count how many threads you have created. I doubt you are a programmer. Programmers rarely have time to scout the net to find propaganda to post on NL.

What programming language do you code with? grin

2 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2022
RikudoSennin:
Within this week, i can count how many threads you have created. I doubt you are a programmer. Programmers rarely have time to scout the net to find propaganda to post on NL.

The programming language that earned me passport below and made me EU citizen.

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by RikudoSennin: 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
Only a low self esteem person brags about a passport grin. Answer my question, which programming language do you code with?

I wont descend low by snapping my "statue of liberty" icon passport. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
RikudoSennin:
Only a low self esteem person brags about a passport grin. Answer my question, which programming language do you code with?

I wont descend low by snapping my "statue of liberty" icon passport. cheesy

Lolz, Before I answer you, answer this question, are you a Puttard or an aspiring Puttard? grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2022
Defeated? By who? you? A fade news peddler?

BritishNaija:

I can feel the shame in you After Being defeated, You think you speaking with one random Individual.

2 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
BritishNaija I am interested in your answer of this question , what programming language do you code with?
Peddler of fake news

RikudoSennin:

2 Likes

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by RikudoSennin: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
BritishNaija:

Lolz, Before I answer you, answer this question, are you a Puttard or an aspiring Puttard? grin grin

Answering a question with a question. Typical Nigerian. I am Pan-African who wants the best for my continent.

I ask again, what programming language do you work with?

BritishNaija = input('what programming language do you work with? ')
Language = input(' what programming language? ')
print(language)

I don give you my simple syntax grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by RikudoSennin: 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
Qtrpst4:
BritishNaija I am interested in your answer of this question , what programming language do you code with?
Peddler of fake news

grin He has a lot of time to scout for fake news for someone who works as a programmer.

Deh show me passport grin

1 Like

Re: The Ruble Is Now The Worst-performing Emerging Market Currency Against The Dolla by Qtrpst4: 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2022
May be Nah one of those bots wey seun put for nairaland and his own language nah fake news. You know sey fake news too Nah programing language

RikudoSennin:

grin He has a lot of time to scout for fake news for someone who works as a programmer.

Deh show me passport grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Illinois Senate Kicks Blagojevich Out Of Office / Whites Opinions Of Africans / Incredible Photos Of The US Army In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.