Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) (225257 Views)

My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm / My Interview Experience / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by JahMan1: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
Are you expecting your letter before the end of the month?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 9:03am On Sep 23, 2011
so guys whats the latest?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by jogas(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2011
I got this from a forum and tot I shld share it with u ppl: @silaV Thank you very much for your obhjectivity and creative mind. I can see that you have the mind of Christ. You 3. suggestions are very correct except for the cheap popularity. I don't need it, nobody knows who I am on NL.

I may have misled the house which I think is correct now, but I was right before. The information reaching me now is far worse than the one I gave you guys before if it is going to be true.
I learnt that because of the mass failure during the test, they are considering re conducting the test all over again. The management were concerned about why should 1st class and 2-1 students would have failed woefully. I think they realised some loop hole in the arrangement of the test. Because most of the people that took the test have graduated long time ago it will be difficult to remember secondary school questions.

So, there is hope for thos who lost in the test, if this nes idea is carried out. Because the Management want nothing but they brilliant ones, this was deeply emphasised in their last meeting. If this is to be carried out then dispatching of letters to the courier services may have been halted.

House lets wait for the response from NNPC.

Have a good day.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by saints2010: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Jogas,What about our allowance?Hope this was also discussed in the meeting?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by jackpot(f): 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2011
What matters most is that there was a level playing ground. Everybody wrote the same exam. Why the whining? Or are they trying to give chance to some Senators candidate who couldn't write the first one to write this time around? I smell serious cunning politicking.

So it's now they're finding out? Nonsense. Let them pay me my transport and accommodation allowance jor before any re-writing. So recruitment will take two years? SMH

what of those already working who are expecting salary increment (above what NNPC will offer GT) in their next promotion?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Templa(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
@jogas,

Ur story does not make any sense.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by jogas(m): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2011
@Templa don't u see that me too I quote it? I too didn't bliv it
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Ethnan: 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
Most of us are just fretting about this NNPC stuff! This is far from the virtues of faith! Faith prays and is patient.
Meanwhile,I heard sth from a prof,who said the mass failure of the 1st class and 2.1 candidates was very worrisome to NNPC but also noted that the north seems to have performed so poorly in the exercise.Their cut off mark was lowered to 40% while south is 60%. And even at that,only 2% of the north made it through the test.For this reason inter alia, he said,we must pray hard that the whole exercise is not canceled. However,I believe we have passed that stage of cancellation.That would have happened before the interview,so God has answered prayer no 1. Guys,I tell u,it will soon be morning, so just chill.

1 Like

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by hausawa1: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
This is baseless. You better shut your mouth. Why do you people think you are the best? How I wish the results of the test and the interview will be made public. So that we will the points scored by those that boast.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by emiye(m): 11:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
hausawa1:

This is baseless. You better shut your mouth. Why do you people think you are the best? How I wish the results of the test and the interview will be made public. So that we will the points scored by those that boast.

Why do you think this dude is boasting ? When facts and figures are peddled around, there is no midway. it is either a lie or truth. I for one share the same thought pattern. You will be deceiving yourself if you dont know there is a wide disparity between the North and South in terms of Education.

A critical look at the way the nnpc was conducted, shows that it tends to favour folks with science and engineerin background, and You will need to squeeze water out of the rocks to get sizeable and quality folks studyin this courses in the North eastern and North western part of the country, Take Yobe state for example, how many science and engineering tailored graduates have they produced in the last 5 years Don't becloud your reasoning with tribal sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by amor4ce(m): 1:38am On Sep 25, 2011
When I came across an advert by the organizers of the Cowbell Mathematics competition in The Guardian newspaper a few months ago I saw what I consider to be a significant level of disparity in the regional results. It showed the percentage scores of the best senior and junior secondary school students that participated in the competition from each state in the last academic session (2010/11). While students from the geopolitical south got scores from the 70s and 80s those from the north got scores in the 50s and below.

It is said that there is no smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by saints2010: 8:18am On Sep 25, 2011
why all these brain,skill and knowledge tussle between the south and the North? So far we have all crossed the huddles irrespective of our regional and religious backgrounds. Criteria for recruitment is not only based on intelligence,just like admissions. There is provision for the intelligent onces, those from educationally less developed states, Niger delta,Quota system etc. Know which of the categories that you fall into and pray pray pray as this is no longer the time for bickering.

I already know where i belong and my letter for the EH is on the way to my house through DHL.

The battle is for the Lord why the Victory is mine.

Do have a lovely Sunday.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by jogas(m): 8:23am On Sep 25, 2011
Well its seems like the house is shifting its focus from Nnpc recruitment now to intellects well stay there dey mek noise while I dey here dey pray, @ d end we see hu go win
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by uau(m): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2011
@saints2010

good talk!!!

they have time to quarrel!!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2011
haa!, I heard that transport allowances are cancelled!

P.s. Just kidding o, haha
for some reason i'm so fixed on this allawi, even more than the employment proper, chai
baba God, wither art thou?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Templa(m): 7:03am On Sep 26, 2011
LMAO, boboyekini u gats set ur priorities a right,
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2011
Thats it! I've lost my patience!

I'm giving NNPC till the end of the day to release the names of those who were successful at the oral interview or else . . . . . . .
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2011
emiye:

Why do you think this dude is boasting ? When facts and figures are peddled around, there is no midway. it is either a lie or truth. I for one share the same thought pattern.  You will be deceiving yourself if you dont know there is a wide disparity between the North and South in terms of Education.

A critical look at the way the nnpc was conducted, shows that it tends to favour folks with science and engineerin background, and You will need to squeeze water out of the rocks to get sizeable and quality folks studyin this courses in the North eastern and North western part of the country,  Take Yobe state for example, how many science and engineering tailored graduates have they produced in the last 5 years   Don't becloud your reasoning with tribal sentiments.

@hausawa1

I think emiye is very right. NNPC is refocusing her business and wanted to employ mostly engineers and most brilliant ones in Nigeria, which geo-political region have them in abundance that fit into the focus.
North don't study engineering and science as the southern guys do. And the way things are going, the feudalism prank deception of the north over the south is working against them because the world is gradually changing, every aspect of live is becoming technologically influenced. Most of the telecoms job in the country are run by the southern brains, how many northerners are in the telecoms core operation, except in the, say, admin or other paper work aspect.

In the oil and gas industry, who are the people runing things. I think the northern youths should form a forum that will liberate them from the "maradonic" activities of their leaders. Their leaders make all the money, they have so BIG stakes in the oil and gas industry because most of them had stolen money in the government and had been in one powerful government position before and had used the position to aggrandise power and wealth to themsleves and are seriously enriched, but how many northern youths have they really helped with these power they have. Instead, they manipulated Educationally less developed states syndrome which is at the detriment of the northern youths because the system has put them below and behind their southern counterparts in terms of academic excellence. WAEC results, NECO results, JAMB result mass failure, 60% are from the north.

The BIG rich northern boys are not doing anything to alleviate the poverty ravaged norther citizens, but militarise them to their personal advantage. I think the northern youths are under a bondage of slavery, but in a manner that portrays they are free people but they live a life acording to the dictates and desire of bad leadership.

Northern youths, the time has come for you to arise and take your destinies in your hands and fight for justice that will liberate you from 21st century advanced slavery that have erroded your self value, and right orientation. TALK to yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by suolboy(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2011
@ lonamy, guy u are right. I'm from middle belt and i know that what u are saying is d truth. Until d northern youths remove d veil of religion on their face and embrace western education, they will continue to be backward. The northern leaders are very very selfish. Only sending there children to abroad and askin others to fight for religion.

2 Likes

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by waoosa(m): 9:12am On Sep 26, 2011
@obinoscopy,
Don't let NNPC drive you  mad o. Ok.

Because I don't want you to die young let me give you the news.

I saw ur name on the list of successful candidates.  Are you ok now?

N.B: Don't resign from your current job yet o. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2011
suolboy:

@ lonamy, guy u are right. I'm from middle belt and i know that what u are saying is d truth. Until d northern youths remove d veil of religion on their face and embrace western education, they will continue to be backward. The northern leaders are very very selfish. Only sending there children to abroad and askin others to fight for religion.

@suolboy

Thanks for recognising and knowing the truth. The best people like you can do is to stand for the justice, propagate the gospel of justice and publicise it even on a sheet of small papers and circulate this truth anomg yourselves. The best way to allow evil to live is for the truth to be silence. If the right people refuse to stand up for justice evil will prevail.

It take libyans to sacrifice their lives and properties to liberate the future of libya. suolboy, take the matter personal and fight for justice, this might write your name on GOLD.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Bnabdallah: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2011
Why all this 'North' this 'South' that? It is very amazing when people that think they are educated are being controlled by their emotions not the other way round. Are we sure we have any value in stock for the future of this country? If the so-called educated ones can allow their thoughts, their perception and of course their decisions to be so sentimentally influenced, then what should we expect of the ordinary individuals on the streets? More unfortunate is the fact that most of these comments are coming from those who believed that even among the educated ones, they are the special ones (1st class or 2.1 graduates). Must you boast for one to believe in what you think you are? I think anything of such replicates nothing other than excessive vanity that will see you nowhere.
Whether we like it or not, this (NNPC) exercise is based on certain guidelines/principles as enshrined by the Nigerian constitution which must be adhered to. Boasting here will not change whatever the situation is; it should have been done during the Test and Interview, not here. Beside, when they said 80% failed the aptitude test, which from your statements herein, you attributed to the North, it means by implication that the North has the largest number of  1st class and 2.1s candidates that sat for the test in the first place. What happen that they could get such a number as candidates if percentage of failure should be likened to this section of the country as you want us to believe? You people are just changing this forum/thread into an avenue of Regional and/or Ethnic jingoism, contrary to what it should be. Let us check ourselves. A knowledgeable person is the one whose  skills, training, character/behaviour are guided by effective principles rather than prejudicial stereotype. I may not be educated (as per your own definition of the term), but I am praying to be knowledgeable!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Foxy1: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2011
Can all of you keep quiet and listen for when the results will be out. whats with all this ethnic balderdash?! Make pesin hia word jooooo!!! angry angry angry
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by jogas(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2011
Foxy abeg no mind them jare!!!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Plutarch: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2011
@all,

i want d house to remain united n refrain from all divisive comments. I wonder where u guy r getting ur 40%,60% informatn from. If those sources r real,kindly contact d source(s) on d no of pple to be employed n when d letters will come.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Iyykanu: 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
You guys are getting worked up unnecessarily. My younger brother joined LNG in 2008 Jan, do you know he wrote the test in Feb or so of 2007 and had even forgotten? He was called for one project interview or so in October 2007 and he was given letter/medical in late dec and he flew to Middlesbrough in Jan 7th 2008 and was trained for 6 months.

I signed his Training Bond at Eko Hotel, since he was staying with me. There was quota system, these things take enormous time, it is not like Shell/Mobil/Chevron that are not restricted to any federal xter.

If LNG took a yr or thereabout, is it NNPC that will take less?

Chill, you guys are favoured.And stop these rumours you guys are peddling for yourselves that will work you up.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by alby: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2011
Hello Pals, what we are longing for is here! Come and Learn from the Masters of Technology and transform your Life. Please more updates coming on for SAP-BI and Andriod Programming. Accommodation is about INR2500/month and if you are in group, you can leverage on this a lot. Its in one of the most beautiful cities in India and layout like that of USA. You will be glad to be trained by the best of India's hands, For more local information, please contact OSUJI ALBERTO (Ph.D in view - Data Communication and Networking) on (+234) (0) 8022747655/08037257819/osuji.alberto@tnlexperts.com/osuji_alberto@yahoo.com

You can become a Consultant and earn your money from Multinationals, Nigerian Companies, so much ICT opportunities. NO DULLING MA PEOPLE.

Technology & Learning
www.tnlexperts.com/neeraj@tnlexperts.com/info@tnlexperts.com
CCNA Training, MCITP CCNP CCIE Ethical Hacking Training and Certification course by highly proficient CISCO certified experts with real time networking experience. CCNA Training, CCNP, CCIE and MCITP Training in India,Chandigarh. (U can also email the school directly but put me in copy please).
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Plutarch: 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
@lyykanu, am encouraged by your write up. May God bless u.
@all may God see us thru to d end. Amen. Its true that d training 4 d GTs in technical lines of IT n engineering will be done abroad. The chairman of my panel told me US,India n Singapore. The response came up when i asked him about d training programme.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by CHOKOAJ: 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2011
My friends who sat for the DPR recruitment exercise before NNPC even advertised their vacancies is still awaiting the final list up till now. They passed the written test, did the oral interview twice and up till now are still waiting for medicals and employment letters. The last they heard was that they have taken the final list to the federal Character commission (or whatever they call themselves). Their recruitment started June 12 2010!! (can you remember how far , that was the day Nigeria played Argentina in the world cup in south africa) .
So guys prepare to wait for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng while.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
Plutarch:

@lyykanu, am encouraged by your write up. May God bless u.
@all may God see us thru to d end. Amen. Its true that d training 4 d GTs in technical lines of IT n engineering will be done abroad. The chairman of my panel told me US,India n Singapore. The response came up when i asked him about d training programme.

How about those in the Medical section of the GT, where would they train? Canada or the US . . . . lol
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Iyykanu: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2011
@CHOKOAJ, you are right. DPR had long been outstanding. At a point in 2007 my younger brother continued with life thinking he has been edged out by the "Nigerian factor" or did not even make it.
Give at least a year. Things are not straight forward as many people on this forum think. When I see or read some comments about some putting timelines on the excercise , I laugh.
You expected NNPC to conduct in lesser time than LNG or DPR which are to some extent far more organised and smaller?
Delay for you guys is not denial.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Asquare2030: 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2011
I biliv d issue of fed xtar is in d spirit of democracy n ol regions in dis country v at one point or anoda produced some of d best brains in dis country. Suffice to say dat dis forum is nt where we flex ur mucsles on who is best n some of d info given here r jst base on speculations n does'nt wot d kind of xchanges we r seeing here. 'empty barrel makes d loudest of noise'. Let jst kip ur finger cross n continue prayin because gettin dis kind of job takes more dan ur intelligence.I biliv d issue of fed xtar is in d spirit of democracy n ol regions in dis country v at one point or anoda produced some of d best brains in dis country. Suffice to say dat dis forum is nt where we flex ur mucsles on who is best n some of d info given here r jst base on speculations n does'nt wot d kind of xchanges we r seeing here. 'empty barrel makes d loudest of noise'. Let jst kip ur finger cross n continue prayin because gettin dis kind of job takes more dan ur intelligence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply)

PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019 / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 / WHYTE CLEON Aptitude Test And Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.