Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) (225255 Views)

My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm / My Interview Experience / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Bnabdallah: 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
@Fidelism, what then should we expect? We apparently share things in common; discipline-wise, interview date, and probably the timing (mine is 2:00pm-3:00pm, how about urs) etc. Any expectation?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by ibrahiem(m): 8:48am On Aug 12, 2011
mine was on the 4th of august.some pple can be very annoying to come to an interview with a t-shirt and jean.the interview was ok as questions came frm my cv and a little of my profession.just believe u can do it and u will find out that it is simpler than u think.i wish us da very best of luck
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Eldomingo: 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
Please house what is the criteria for final selection of successful candidates?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Odiale: 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2011
My interview was a nice one, just believing in the God for the final list. Also nairalanders, kindly confirm if you have received your transport allowance (for those that went for the interview), because since my interview I took on the 4/08/11 till now my transport has not being paid into my account.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Bnabdallah: 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
What next nairalanders. Anything new?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2011
My brother it seems there nothing new for now, lets keep our fingers crossed until the last set of interviews must have been concluded
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2011
My brother it seems there nothing new for now, lets keep our fingers crossed until the last set of interviews must have been concluded
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by slayer01: 10:24am On Aug 16, 2011
80% of first class, second class upper applicants failed NNPC exam - GMD

| Print | E-mail

Written by Gbola Subair, Abuja Tuesday, 16 August 2011

The just concluded recruitment examination conducted by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recorded abysmal failure as 80 per cent of the applicants, who were mainly first class and second class upper graduates, failed the examination.

Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr Austen Oniwon, disclosed this on Monaday while declaring open the 9th NNPC National Quiz Competition in Abuja

Oniwon, who disclosed that the NNPC was currently carrying out a recruitment exercise, stated that the result of the recruitment examination was not as good as expected as 80 per cent of the so-called first class and second class upper graduates scored less than 20 per cent.

Represented by the Group General Manager, Public Affairs Division of the NNPC, Dr Levi Ajuonuma, the NNPC boss disclosed that this abysmal record did not only heighten the NNPC management’s apprehension about the lack of functionality of our education format but goes a long way to underscore the need to shift focus away from mere paper qualification.

Disclosing that it would no longer be business as usual in the NNPC, the Group Managing Director said reliance on people to secure employment in the organisation was now a thing of the past stressing that the NNPC now placed emphasis on brilliance.

Apart from the NNPC examination, the GMD said the recently recorded nationwide mass failure of candidates in WAEC and NECO exams made the call for the urgent review of our school system more pertinent.

He said only a functional education that is skilled-based, that adds value to the nation’s economy and takes into consideration the skill-gap that exists in our nation today is ideal for Nigeria of today.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/26695-80-of-first-class-second-class-upper-applicants-failed-nnpc-exam-gmd
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by menipo(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2011
Pls guys. do you know of people in accounts if they have called them too. cos i wrote mine in lagos. Are we still hoping or they have closed?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by kokogee: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2011
slayer-01:

80% of first class, second class upper applicants failed NNPC exam - GMD

| Print | E-mail

Written by Gbola Subair, Abuja Tuesday, 16 August 2011

The just concluded recruitment examination conducted by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recorded abysmal failure as 80 per cent of the applicants, who were mainly first class and second class upper graduates, failed the examination.

Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr Austen Oniwon, disclosed this on Monaday while declaring open the 9th NNPC National Quiz Competition in Abuja

Oniwon, who disclosed that the NNPC was currently carrying out a recruitment exercise, stated that the result of the recruitment examination was not as good as expected as 80 per cent of the so-called first class and second class upper graduates scored less than 20 per cent.

Represented by the Group General Manager, Public Affairs Division of the NNPC, Dr Levi Ajuonuma, the NNPC boss disclosed that this abysmal record did not only heighten the NNPC management’s apprehension about the lack of functionality of our education format but goes a long way to underscore the need to shift focus away from mere paper qualification.

Disclosing that it would no longer be business as usual in the NNPC, the Group Managing Director said reliance on people to secure employment in the organisation was now a thing of the past stressing that the NNPC now placed emphasis on brilliance.

Apart from the NNPC examination, the GMD said the recently recorded nationwide mass failure of candidates in WAEC and NECO exams made the call for the urgent review of our school system more pertinent.

He said only a functional education that is skilled-based, that adds value to the nation’s economy and takes into consideration the skill-gap that exists in our nation today is ideal for Nigeria of today.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/26695-80-of-first-class-second-class-upper-applicants-failed-nnpc-exam-gmd

But did NNPC state the criteria used to determine if sm1 failed or passed? Did they set a cut-off; and what is the cut-off? Or they use their usual 'wuru-wuru to the answer' method to determine who passed.

God dey sha!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by seunjoko: 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
it is well
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by koladeoye: 10:49am On Aug 17, 2011
But did NNPC state the criteria used to determine if sm1 failed or passed? Did they set a cut-off; and what is the cut-off? Or they use their usual 'wuru-wuru to the answer' method to determine who passed.

God dey sha!

I believe they were transparent. Considering the fact that the number of people i knew that were called who had no one inside NNPC, i believe they have done well thus far. From the statement, it was said that they scored below 20%
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by saints2010: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
The process was fare enough as i was invited for the interview without any insider help. I wrote the exam in Unilag amidst the crowd and was very suprised to recieve a letter of interview through DHL. I did my interview on the 12th of August, Although my interview was scheduled between 4 to 5 pm but was later called around 12:45 to start coming to the NNPC towers for my interview. I got there around to 2 and was very lucky i was the only one that was attended to while the remaining candidates were asked to come back on monday 15th of August.
It was a 2 MEN and 2 WOMEN (TOTAL OF 4) Panel, they interviewed me based on my CV, Presentation and finally was asked questions on what i know about NNPC.
My interview ended with how soon can you resume if considered for employment in NNPC.

I thank God for his mercies.

Best of Luck.

Ibrahim.

1 Like

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by mjdalomeda: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2011
i think the recruitment process was fair enough. it wasnt a man-know-man stuff at all. my interview on Monday, 15th of August, 4pm, but i was later called that day that i should com in the morning. breakfast and lunch served. interview panel consist of 6 or 7 ppl (not so sure), they were very friendly and would make u feel so comfortable. everyone dat attended the interview came out smiling (but u neva can tell what dey are looking at). But its so obvious that the process is more dan 90% free and fair! though, in the test, 60% was the cut off for the south and 40% for the north, but that is just to ensure that they were considered too.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by saints2010: 10:02am On Aug 18, 2011
Anybody with an idea of when the entire interview process will come to an end, and when likely the final result will be out?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by mjdalomeda: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2011
from what i heard, the interview process should av ended yesterday! result will be out by the end of september, lets just keep our fingers cross and be prayerful!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by saints2010: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
Is like the only difference between the EH & GT interview is the 15 mins 8 slide of how to improve on the EGOC Operational Challenges Presentation.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2011
The recruitment process so far has been transparent,free and fair.If someone like me and some of my friends whom I 'know' very well could be invited for the interview,then at least I can give it 95% in terms of fairness.The interview experience generally was interesting by almost all the interviewees I chatted with both one on one,on line and on phone.Everybody seems optimistic because the panelists were friendly.I am bit lost,even as at present, as to what the panelists actually want.I mean knowing what they are looking out for and the criteria for the final selection process is still a hard nut to crack for me.

Please, who knows the pay for entry level and like how long will the training last?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by kellyO: 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2011
pls house hv they stopped the invitation for the nnpc interview or are people still receiving invitations.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by mekus74: 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
They've stopped the invitation. Heard the are almost through with the oral interviews too.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by oluinunad: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2011
Dont be surprised. I had my interview on Tuesday 16th August. Questions were purely on my cv and how I can use my knowledge of Economics to transform NNPC. Seeing you at the training school. For enquiries call 08063609596
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by oluinunad: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2011
There is no question on tell us about yourself, what do you know about NNPC? etc. It was purely questions on your person as an individual.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by ojbaba95(m): 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2011
"When are you going to be available for this job? OR How long notification do you need to take up this job?"

What bearing does this have on the interview, any indication of interest?

Were u asked the question during the interview not the PPA form?

Two of my friends told me they were asked but not everyone, i guess!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2011
ojbaba95:

"When are you going to be available for this job? OR How long notification do you need to take up this job?"

What bearing does this have on the interview, any indication of interest?

Were u asked the question during the interview not the PPA form?

Two of my friends told me they were asked but not everyone, i guess!

I was asked a similar question and I told them, 'immediately".One of them laughed and they rephrased the question this way,"what is the maximum notification you will give to your present employer if you are offered this job" and I told them, "one month".
Only God knows the criteria for final selection because the interview seems relatively very "simple" for everybody.
@everybody,I want to know the pay package for entry level please.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by beewhy(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2011
No the interviews are over , What next? we wait?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Bnabdallah: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
Interviews have been concluded (17/08/2011). Any latest development? Any expectation of when they would start calling? Update please, wish us all the best.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by fperfect7: 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
i hope we resume oct 3 2011 dv
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by fellymerk: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
Graduate liberal activist is accepting entry application details.
Guys do you know if this real?
I guess it is, a reliable source told me.

You may wish to also visit http://pageeasy.com/aiyconsult
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by fperfect7: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2011
Graduate liberal activist is accepting entry application details.
Guys do you know if this real?
I guess it is, a reliable source told me.

You may wish to also visit http://pageeasy.com/aiyconsult

It does not look really please be very careful
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by fidelism: 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
@fperfect7. How sure are u about october. I asked them during the interview and was told to wait for 2 to 3 months. Mine took place on 17 of this month. Only God know how many they may take, cos the interview look like mere formality.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Feex: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2011
fidelism:

@fperfect7. How sure are u about october. I asked them during the interview and was told to wait for 2 to 3 months. Mine took place on 17 of this month. Only God know how many they may take, cos the interview look like mere formality.
I quite agree wit u. when i had my interview in August, i noticed everybody kept beaming smiles after every interview session. it is also a general view that the interview went well: a few questions on the cv and nnpc basically. in a standard panel interview, interviewers usually jot down while you are being questioned, but this is not the case here. the interview looks too casual for a standard interview. again, i expected at least one representative of philips consulting in each panel, but this was not the case.
mine went very well but i doubted the integrity and standard of the interview. even if the selection process is fair, i doubt if the interview will be the only determinant for selection. other factors will surely come into play, that is, if the recruitment exercise ever comes to a conclusive end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019 / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 / WHYTE CLEON Aptitude Test And Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.