Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,128 members, 7,860,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri (499 Views)

Wild Jubilation Erupts In Catholic Charismatic Renewal As Peter Obi Was Called / Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri / Anti-France Protest Erupts In Abuja As Shiites Burn Country's Flag (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by November1857(m): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2022
Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation erupts in Owerri

There was visible but subdued jubilation in Owerri and some of the adjoining communities yesterday, when the news that the Federal High Court, Abuja, presided over by Justice Binta Nyako, has struck out eight of the 15 criminal charges, levelled against the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, rented the social media.

Although all the markets, schools, banks, government offices and commercial activities were closed in Owerri, some restaurants and beer parlours were, however, seen playing host to scores of jubilant youths, who were relishing what they called “the preliminary victory of the IPOB leader”.

All the jubilant youths who spoke to Saturday Vanguard, on strict grounds of anonymity, were of the opinion that “this is the beginning of victory”.

In World Bank Housing Estate, New Owerri, a number of people wearing cheerful looks, were spotted in clusters, discussing the outcome of yesterday’s court ruling.

For Chukwuka: “We are cheerfully discussing the outcome of today’s (yesterday’s) outing, in Justice Nyako’s court. I have every cause to believe what I read on social media.

“Truth is constant and no matter how anybody or group of people try to suffocate it, it will survive the onslaught.

“I just wish the government will see reason and release this prisoner of conscience. He has had more than his fair share of suffering in detention. In this instance, I’ll say, to God be all the glory and praise.”

At the nearby Egbu community, a 35-year old lady, who simply identified herself as Ngozika, said: “I am very happy with the news that filtered into Owerri, from Abuja Federal High Court. It calls for jubilation and I have every reason to be happy. I thank the lawyers for doing a good job so far.

“You can see how free drinks are flowing almost endlessly. You can also hear the views of the jubilant youths. I am truly short of words to describe how happy we are, over the news.”

As of the time of going to press, vehicular traffic had resumed and a passenger in one of the commuter buses said: “We need to go and celebrate Nnamdi Kanu wherever we can have fun. This is another great day in this struggle.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/nnamdi-kanu-jubilation-erupts-in-owerri/

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2022
Smiles
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by OkwuEziokwu(m): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2022
Biafran patriotism. Onye a hana nwanne ya!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by silverlinen(m): 9:44am On Apr 09, 2022
Damn....Nnamdi is a real fighter.
This one get flavor gan
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by PrinceOfLagos: 9:47am On Apr 09, 2022
This people strongly love this Kanu of a guy

The sit-at-home and security challenges in some parts of the east will die a natural death if the government could release Kanu I believe
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by fourboys: 9:50am On Apr 09, 2022
embarassed embarassed
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by JavaScript90: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2022
If this news is true, then, ipob is the legitimate government in imo state and not uzodinma
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by OyigboUpdate: 11:01am On Apr 09, 2022
Old news the charges remains as he was tried in secret

(1) (Reply)

How Come Tinubu Could Not Provide Water To Lagosians? / Is Delta State, Curse With Narrow Road, If You Go Other Cities In The South Por / North Is Tired Of A Divided Nigeria, Needs Igbo Presidency Desperately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.