Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong (33776 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Lorrialla: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
===== W︆︆elco︆︆me to the be︆︆st s︆︆ex da︆︆tin︆︆g s︆︆ite – – w︆︆w︆︆w︆︆.︆︆H︆︆o︆︆t︆︆24︆︆.︆︆p︆︆w
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by VEHINTOLAR: 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hmmm,oniyeye ! A mo ru yin,you just don't mind being a sidechick na ni o je !
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Rawhumper(m): 12:41am On Apr 11, 2022
You are funny....tell us that from staying in the kitchen...you have not migrated to the room.

Keep deceiving yourself, a married man...if he is single, I would have said OK you should
know what you want but a married man...you
are there because of yeye job.

You are not reading about murders, wait till
the wife catches you and stabs you.

The last girl I just had sex with, left her
boyfriends house straight to mine, all because the boyfriends side chick got pregnant and she was threatening to kill the girl....these are just boyfriend stuff and u playing with another woman's home.

No keep on cooking for him, rubbish!!

uote author=Dorwadora post=111799498]Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

Please house how can I stop this whole charade without losing the job?

[/quote]
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Rawhumper(m): 12:46am On Apr 11, 2022
How could you give such a lame advice and many showed likes.....

She should be cooking for a married man, do
you think, that man gave her the keys without
ulterior motive?

Was that the specification of her job?

Please next time, don't type that to similar threads abeg.

She better avoid it by telling the man, she has other things doing aside the job.

I bet you, that girl will open legs if not already....I have swarm in the ocean of women, and I am so sensitive to detect this kind of things.

I feel like slapping her, I swear....she just want to deceive herself.

Bola146:
grin Free your mind, we still have good with good integrity no matter what they see or do, they will never cheat cool cool Focus on your job like an employee, he paid you for it, so do your work diligently and leave unless you want him to increase your salary. If he wants to act stupid, please kindly quit asap! Don't think twice of waiting embarassed

Modified: Even if he is living with his family 24/7, if he will kill you, he can easily do that, anything in this life is a risk! Going to office and coming back everyday is about risk. It's a matter of the mind and choice, go to overseas and see how people are making money doing this job. If your mind is doubting, kindly quit! I know there are many people willing to accept that job.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Rawhumper(m): 12:50am On Apr 11, 2022
Instead of all these drama and tension, why don't you quit then job.

Let me tell you, he wont act now because he knows you will be kind of on the edge.

He will try to give you time, so you begin to
be free with the house stuff then ONE DAY,
he will definitely make his move.

uote author=Dorwadora post=111799774] Thank you ma..... That's what I've been thinking too.... There are still good people. But seriously ma I'm always scared whenever I'm at the house... Even right now I've opened the whole door incase I need to escape any danger. I'm sitting outside the veranda with a kitchen knife beside me... Because I don't want my story to end as raped then strangled[/quote]
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by jamesbridget13(f): 5:48am On Apr 11, 2022
Immediately you are paid this month, run for your life but my problem now be say d month is still fresh. Hope u have told ur other colleagues what d development is. Always keep d back door open y cooking for now n hope his fence is not too high sha
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by v2: 6:51am On Apr 11, 2022
You already know where it will end.

Is cooking part of your work description?

If keeping your job is worth the ending, then that's fine
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by frozen70(f): 7:21am On Apr 11, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

Is either you stop cooking and loose the job or you continue cooking and get on bed with him and probably used for rituals
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Dirpetaner: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2022
yOU SELF DON'T WEAR seductive dress and body revealing parts....don't wear that tight gown....I mean don't overdo and always let him know that your fiancee is living close to his house lobatan... if you don't quit the job, we all still know the end... a serious dilemma
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by MtDave55: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2022
I don't know the kind of job you are employed to do, but your boss sending you to his house 4 out of first 6 days of working with him sound fishing except if cooking is part of your job description.
Take your time find out from those who are there before you the kind of person your boss is and if he is used to sending his subordinates to his house to cook just like he is sending you.

If you finds out it's common with him I advice you continue and the end with caution and if it's uncommon, if a way to stop it. Possible you can decide to delibrately reduce the quality of the food, maybe might be the taste of the food that has turned to Oliver that is asking for more. By so doing he might asked you to stop cooking for him.

Anyway just find a means and if you can't find one discuss it with him and if he is not ready to understand with you, Quit before it's too late
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by BluntCrazeMan: 11:47am On Apr 11, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Will he add an additional pay because of those chores you run for him?
Or would he come back home early one day and see you doing those chores and start measuring your wife-materialness right in your presence??
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ImaIma1(f): 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

The first thing to ask here is...does your job description involve cooking for your boss?

Things like this are hard to stop when started. You need to let him know that you are not ok with the "other duties". Bit have it at the back of your mind that you might lose the job.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by IRALIFE(f): 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

Is cooking part of your job description?
What work did you sign up for?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by 1forall: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
Go home to your parents.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Atolu01: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2022
Men are not good. Is cooking part of your job description? It's better to tell him you are not comfortable with the cooking, and you want to stop it; and not let the agbaya cross your boundaries ever again. What even gave him the brazenness to ask you to do such, especially without his wife's knowledge? You can be kind/ not too soft, "omoluabi" and still have firm boundaries, especially with regard to annoying opportunist so called "adults".
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Ayobami0411: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2022
I believe you wouldn't have been comfortable if you were to be the wife in this senerio... Do the right except if you are employed as a cook.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by LilleG(m): 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
Is the cooking part of your job?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by tmoneyu: 7:32am On Apr 13, 2022
Is cooking part of your job? Na small small u go turn to side chick, from cooking to come and sleep in my house, from this is ur room to come to my bedroom am having a bad dream, from there u do turn I can't sleep without you there after you will be the second boss in your office /side chick

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Bluebrain101: 8:03am On Apr 13, 2022
Dorwadora:
I've read many people's opinion but yours is standing out sir..... Rape is a crime.... It's a thing that work with mindset ... I don't have the mindset of been raped.... And I'll do everything in my power not to be raped... Ever

I don't mean to sound controversial but reading what you wrote. One can deduce that from the "Mindset of being raped" statement the best thing is to give a distance because you and I know Men and what they are capable of. The proximity to the Man is too much from my perspective.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Gee64: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
Play along with your boss but use your senses oh.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by LilleG(m): 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Just reason it
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Contekbbc: 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
This is the dumbest advice I have seen lately.
How can you not see anything wrong in cooking for a married man who didn't employ her as cook in the first place.
What if the man is a ritualist and just waiting for a better time to strike when she least expects by building trust first?

What if the wife comes around and harms her, thinking she is her man's side chick?

What if the man mistakenly develops some unholy emotions and it Leads to rape?

I'm very sure,God forbids,If any of these should happen you will still come up with some unreasonable consolation and start to blame men too.
If she is your sister or daughter,will you still go ahead to give her this type of advice knowing fully well that she is already in harm's way?

I wonder those that listen to this type of advice?
It sucks!

Bola146:
grin Free your mind, we still have good with good integrity no matter what they see or do, they will never cheat cool cool Focus on your job like an employee, he paid you for it, so do your work diligently and leave unless you want him to increase your salary. If he wants to act stupid, please kindly quit asap! Don't think twice of waiting embarassed

Modified: Even if he is living with his family 24/7, if he will kill you, he can easily do that, anything in this life is a risk! Going to office and coming back everyday is about risk. It's a matter of the mind and choice, go to overseas and see how people are making money doing this job. If your mind is doubting, kindly quit! I know there are many people willing to accept that job.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by IAmNumberOne(m): 9:39am On Apr 16, 2022
This is improper. Some employers are exploitative this way. He hired you for one job, did not discuss additional work as part of the terms let alone domestic work (which should be paid employment in its own right) and is having you work in his home. I assume there is no employment letter here with agreed upon terms.

This mentality is rampant among some employers. Because they are paying you they feel they have the right to overwork you and squeeze in all sorts of extra duties from you. If you speak up, the next thing you will hear is that "you should be grateful you have a job, there are thousands out there eager to take your place."
A job is a contract with terms that all parties have to meet, not a favour. But this is Nigeria, anybody fit do anyhow e like and nothing go happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FCMB Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First City Monument Bank Pay? / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / 3 Daura Youths Who Are Pilots With Florida Airpeace Air Line Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.