Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan (4932 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by DisGuy: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
gmyguy:

This thing is about 5years old, smh*

This is a new one, the other one is a single track rail, this is 'standard track' which is basic but faster than the other one just connected to jebba

Hope they dontt award it to nigerian engineers companies, Costain WA just assigned their part of the job to CECC
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Jul 07, 2011
Contracts to spend billions of our money on OLD TECHNOLOGY(more 1970's Locomotives) again?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by emiye(m): 12:59am On Jul 07, 2011
soon? ! That must be some 48 months from now, at least we have some "very fast" locomotive moscow (5km/hr) to ply the rail. ku -dos to GEJ , the messiah we have been waiting for, huuuuun!  fresh air!!!!.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by aljharem3: 1:02am On Jul 07, 2011
day dream

Kobojunkie:

Contracts to spend billions of our money on OLD TECHNOLOGY(more 1970's Locomotives) again?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin stop on
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by atasteve: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2011
Amen, it is done.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by DisGuy: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2011
when? in 14 years time when the world is abandoning electric trains abi?
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Gbenge77(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2011
I thought it had been awarded.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by juman(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2011
We are seriously waiting.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by juman(m): 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2011
In Yoruba land we must look beyond federal government if we really want our place to be real modern place. We need billions of dollars just even to provide basic infrastructures like good roads, fast train services to connect our cities, good security and other services. It will then be more easier for us to get a lot of billions of dollars through good planning.

If we go in the pace of Nigeria development, probably in next thirty years we will still be crawling. Nigeria is a countryless country.Even South Sudan that started yesterday if they are serious in next 20 - 30 years we (Nigeria) will be looking at them at the top if they are serious.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by juman(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2011
I think the government (ACN) should look for loan with low interest rate probably from china, middle east or any where. Yeah the West is trying to reduce their debt, but our situation is different we need to stand on something first before we would be able to operate effectively.

I think we should think less as Nigerians and more as people (Odua), and have target to become like Singapore or Malaysia in some number of years to come. In normal circumstance a State suppose to have budget up to that of Nigeria's total budget.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by laudate: 2:35am On Dec 04, 2014
It is now almost 4 years since GEJ promised that the Lagos-Ibadan railway line would take off. Nothing has been done and his campaign team have swept it under the carpet! angry

Dia ris God, oh! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by LFJ: 4:28am On Dec 04, 2014
enyojo:
[size=18pt]SOON![/size]

In 3 months time, the answer will be, o did I said this? I can't remember.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by tomakint: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2016
I still remember this topic well, Abacha started with the promise but was never fulfilled likewise Obasanjo but Jonathan started the total revamping on the Nation's Railing System......now Amaechi is leveraging on Jonathan's effort......history will definitely judge us.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 03, 2016
tomakint:
I still remember this topic well, Abacha started with the promise but was never fulfilled likewise Obasanjo but Jonathan started the total revamping on the Nation's Railing System......now Amaechi is leveraging on Jonathan's effort......history will definitely judge us.
So where is the lagos to ibadan railway

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by modath(f): 10:12am On Mar 03, 2016
Obiagelli:

In offshore bank accounts, soakaways, home safes & some tracks are now mansions & high rise buildings.. cool

Good AM. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 03, 2016
modath:

In offshore bank accounts, soakaways, home safes & some tracks are now mansions & high rise buildings.. cool

Good AM. smiley

Hmmm, Goodmorning my sister.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by obailala(m): 10:52am On Mar 03, 2016
tomakint:
Jonathan revamped pre-1960 narrow gauge rail lines and planted trains which take 30-35 hours to travel from Lagos to Kano on them; that's good, but it's obviously not wonderful. The real deal is when standard gauge rail lines are built, kudos to OBJ for building the first standard gauge rail line from Kogi to Delta and kudos to GEJ for building the second standard gauge rail line from Abuja to Kaduna. Hopefully, our leaders would one day take the bull by the horn and build the Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar standard gauge line, that is when we would know we have arrived.

By the way, regarding your comment about 'Amaechi leveraging on Jonathan's effort,' some of you jonathanians just need to grow up. Every leader takes off from where their predecessors stop; GEJ leveraged on OBJ's efforts and OBJ leveraged on the efforts of some military leaders before him. So it's only normal and common sense for Amaechi or whoever to take over from where his predecessors stopped (whether he thinks they are good or bad). Leaders are judged based on what they do during their own time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 11:02am On Mar 03, 2016
obailala:
Jonathan revamped pre-1960 narrow gauge rail lines and planted trains which take 30-35 hours to travel from Lagos to Kano on them; that's good, but it's obviously not worth celebrating. But the real deal is when standard gauge rail lines are built. Kudos to OBJ for building the first standard gauge rail line from Kogo to Delta and kudos to GEJ for building the second standard gauge rail line from Abuja to Kaduna. Hopefully, our leaders would one day take the bull by the horn and build the Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar standard gauge line that is when we would know we have arrived.

By the way, regarding your comment about 'Amaechi leveraging on Jonathan's effort,' some of you jonathanians just need to grow up. Every leader takes off from where their predecessors stop; GEJ leveraged on OBJ's efforts and OBJ leveraged on the efforts of some military leaders. Leaders are judged based on what they do during their own time.
Sharap! Didn't Amaechi preach change? Why the continuity?? Here you are getting angry for being correctly depicted as "leveraging"....Zombie.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by obailala(m): 11:09am On Mar 03, 2016
chudionu58:
Sharap! Didn't Amaechi preach change? Why the continuity?? Here you are getting angry for being correctly depicted as "leveraging"....Zombie.
CHANGE means moving away from bad traditions like the culture of corruption, embezzlement and impunity. CHANGE does not mean you should also discontinue standard good things like paying of worker's salary or completing of an unfinished road or bridge project started by your (bad) predecessor. Some of you Jonathanians keep acting like there is no brain matter in your heads, else I wonder how an adult wouldn't know this.

5 Likes

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Babacele: 11:10am On Mar 03, 2016
modath:

Good AM. smiley
kikikikiki.....mami Mo
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 11:28am On Mar 03, 2016
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/93550-govt_approves_lagos_ibadan_rail.html Let me lecture some irredeemably zombitic fools here on nairaland, the contract was actually approved by the FEC in August 2012...which is to be built using soft loans from the Chinese EXIM bank but the government in the process of negotiations with the Chinese authorities were only able to secure financial commitment of these projects:
1. Abuja Kaduna standard guage
2. Abuja Rail mass transit
3. 500 million dollars for the 5 airport terminals
4. Galaxy backbone
The following were denied immediate financial commitment in the short term:
1. Lagos to Ibadan rail line
2. Zungeru hydroelectric
3. Mambilla hydro

Mind you, the funding arrangements were 75:25 ratio.It is now left for this talkative government to go beyond rushing to meet Xi Jinping in South Africa and jettisoning their overt alliance to the west for China to give us the requisite funding.
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 11:49am On Mar 03, 2016
obailala:
CHANGE means moving away from bad traditions like the culture of corruption, embezzlement and impunity. CHANGE does not mean you should also discontinue standard good things like paying of worker's salary or completing of an unfinished road or bridge project started by your (bad) predecessor. Some of you Jonathanians keep acting like there is no brain matter in your heads, else I wonder how an adult wouldn't know this.
Expectedly dumb! can you tell us what
APC has done differently? How can you
preach change up and down, only to
religiously continue with almost all the
previous government's policies and
projects!! Did Yaradua or Jonathan preach
change??
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by obailala(m): 11:58am On Mar 03, 2016
chudionu58:
Expectedly dumb! can you tell us what
APC has done differently? How can you
preach change up and down, only to
religiously continue with almost all the
previous government's policies and
projects!! Did Yaradua or Jonathan preach
change??
No my friend, I know your brains may have been obliterated completely because of political sentiments to the extent of you not understanding the meaning of simple terms, but once again, may I point it out to you that CHANGE does not mean stopping good policies. No matter how bad or useless a leader is, it does not change the fact that he may have had one or 2 good policies; even the Abachas and Idi Amins of this world had some good policies but that doesn't automatically make them good leaders.

A typical example of CHANGE could be the implementation of a good policy like the TSA which the previous admin conceived but were too reluctant to enforce (for obvious reasons).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by tomakint: 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Obiagelli:

What a bombastic asking?

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by tomakint: 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
chudionu58:
Perfect! You got the code in my message....Respect to you.

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
obailala:
No my friend, I know your brains may have been obliterated completely because of political sentiments to the extent of you not understanding the meaning of simple terms, but once again, may I point it out to you that CHANGE does not mean stopping good policies. No matter how bad or useless a leader is, it does not change the fact that he may have had one or 2 good policies; even the Abachas and Idi Amins of this world had some good policies but that doesn't automatically make them good leaders.

A typical example of CHANGE could be the implementation of a good policy like the TSA which the previous admin conceived but were too reluctant to enforce (for obvious reasons).
Why are you looking and sounding even more stupid? I've challenged you to name your OWN policies since part of change involves Starting your own in addition to continuing with "good ones"...or don't you have any to tell us? Stop rooster and bulls

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by obailala(m): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
chudionu58:
Why are you looking and sounding even more stupid? I've challenged you to name your OWN policies since part of change involves Starting your own in addition to continuing with "good ones"...or don't you have any to tell us? Stop rooster and bulls
No you are the one who keeps sounding foolish like a frustrated old 1st wife who desperately wants to win an argument. Buhari promised CHANGE and the last time I checked, this argument was about what the CHANGE really was. I pointed out one clear example being 'the non-implementation of TSA' to 'the implementation of TSA.' But sadly you have been blinded by your own frustration not to to see that I have answered your question hence in desperation, you want to shift the argument to other grounds. Sorry I have other things to do other than running around in your circles.

4 Likes

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
obailala:
No you are the one who keeps sounding foolish like a frustrated old 1st wife who desperately wants to win an argument. Buhari promised CHANGE and the last time I checked, this argument was about what the CHANGE really was. I pointed out one clear example being 'the non-implementation of TSA' to 'the implementation of TSA.' But sadly you have been blinded by your own frustration not to to see that I have answered your question hence in@ desperation, you want to shift the argument to other grounds. Sorry I have other things to do other than running around in your circles.
Get away you! jobless, mouthy Yoruba...Did APC ever define change as primarily continuing with Jonathan's policies and programmes? Where did they make reference to the TSA, Power sector reform, Growth Enhancement Scheme etc continuation as their sole objective when they get power? Are you not ashamed that as a supposedly sophisticated individual defending a government, you cannot list a maximum of two original policies it came with apart from previous government's initiatives!?? Thunder fire your stupidity in Jesus name!
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by obailala(m): 12:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
chudionu58:
Get away you! jobless, mouthy Yoruba...Did APC ever define change as primarily continuing with Jonathan's policies and programmes? Where did they make reference to the TSA, Power sector reform, Growth Enhancement Scheme etc continuation as their sole objective when they get power? Are you not ashamed that as a supposedly sophisticated individual defending a government, you cannot list a maximum of two original policies it came with apart from previous government's initiatives!?? Thunder fire your stupidity in Jesus name!
For you to automatically conclude that I must be Yoruba because I don't agree with your pro-Jonathan stance, I assumed only some irredeemable tribalist imbeciles we have on NL think in this way?... If that is what you want to prove to be, then Bleep off my mentions, I don't have time for your type.

1 Like

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by chudionu58(f): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
obailala:
For you to automatically conclude that I must be Yoruba because I don't agree with your pro-Jonathan stance, I assumed only irredeemable tribal dolts think in this way?... If that is what you want to prove to be, then Bleep off my mentions.
Goat, thought you have "other things to do"? Mtchew... Empty "woman".
Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
tomakint:

What a bombastic asking?
And a discombobulate reply? Answer the kwesion

2 Likes

Re: Fg To Award Lagos-ibadan Rail Contract Soon – Jonathan by tomakint: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Obiagelli:

And a discombobulate reply? Answer the kwesion
cheesy grin you are too beautiful to be asking such......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ITC (Imo Transport Company) Sold? / What The FG Knows About IPOB And Biafra / Buhari Completes The 17-storey Headquarters Of NCDMB In Bayelsa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.