Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,503 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 AM

How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times (34317 Views)

What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / See How Osinbajo Was Received In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ityP(m): 6:54am On Apr 11, 2022
flejnr2:

i am just seeing him making headlines with efcc.

Who?
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 11, 2022
aviara:
Tinubu has allies all over, but its unfortunate his allies can't help him secure APC ticket because the cabals that control Nigeria's politics have rejected him. Its a pity Tinubu will not be different from Awolowo and MKO

And when we ask people who are the cabals the answer has always been vague.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by chaseblack(m): 6:55am On Apr 11, 2022
Michelle70:
Osinbajo, Amaechi or Tinubu will likely get the ticket.

You haven't predicted anything
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by lagosrd: 6:56am On Apr 11, 2022
Toks2008:

It is preposterous to equate Yemi Osinbajo intention to run for presidency as Betrayal. It is uttter cluelessness to even reason in that direction.

Is Nigeria a commodity that should ne traded for favors? Arrant rubbish. Please stop reasoning this way cos it is appalling.

And Yes Tinubu was not seen as competent cos of Nadeco bit because he transformed lagos and that is the basis for my comment "Without Osinbajo as well as the brilliant minds that made up the Lagos state economic advisory board for the 8 years Tinubu was governor. there wont be any change in Lagos.

Tinubu is smart but he has too many hindrances cos he is seen as a symbol of corruption with his previous indictment as bag man for drug related case in the past, the lingering case of alpha beta and so on.

We need a man that has a clean slate, a technocrat and a younger man with a clean bill of health.

He has the first hand experience of being a president as he has proved this beyond any doubt when he was the acting president.

He knows the current situation more than any other candidate and you foolishly want him to leave without showing interest just to say thank youto Tinubu.

Abeg no talk that nonsense again.

Go and check the list that constitute the illegal Lagos governors advisory board he constituted. All of them are ...... People with nothing to contribute at all. Am bode was booted out by him but he keeps saying he was a good governor but a bad party man. Nothing about tinubi is straight forward.

I honestly hope this our ocean of youths will have sense to decipher the situation at hand. They now see him doing favor to people.

let it be said that Nigeria is not Tinubu's
personal or inherited empire. people should stop having entitlement mentality on his behalf. We all own this country together. No one is a slave here. Anyone can aspire to the top and will definitely do well.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Toks2008(m): 6:57am On Apr 11, 2022
Difrent:

Ironically its because of Tinubu that Osinbajo still has his job. He was caught red handed praying for Buhari to die on his longest medical vacation abroad.....the presidents inner cacus have not forgiven him for that and the unceremonious removal of Lawal Daura as DSS Boss.
I would love to vote Osinbajo....but his getting the ticket is a Herculean task which i dont think he is up to.

Must you go this low?

Quote the papers where you got this lie from.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by MartinsD12(m): 6:58am On Apr 11, 2022
ijustdey:
Meanwhile, in preparation for the battle to pick the APC ticket, the Osinbajo camp has already opened a campaign office at 15B Buchanan Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/523041-exclusive-how-when-osinbajo-will-declare-his-2023-ambition.html
Let them tinubu , house boy and amechi stop wasting their time, apc died already, buhari destroyed it.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 11, 2022
Toks2008:

Without osinbajo, who is Tinubu?

Osibanjo was one of the advisory council that transformed Lagos state.

Yes Tinubu sure knows how to pick good brains but the fact that he recommended osinbajo means he is good and capable but Nigeria is not a commodity to be traded for a good will.

Read below what do you have to say

maestroferddi:
How Osinbanjo would extricate himself from the disaster which was Buhari's government in which he played a prominent role as number two, will be interesting.

After the euphoria, reality steps in...
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by flejnr2(f): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2022
ityP:

Who?
tinubu
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ityP(m): 7:11am On Apr 11, 2022
flejnr2:

tinubu

Lemme see
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:15am On Apr 11, 2022
zicoraads:

Don't be.

Today is D-Day!

Okay, dear.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by blacknoir: 7:17am On Apr 11, 2022
SledgeHammerer:
It will be Tinubu vs Osinbajo for Apc ticket.
And Atiku vs Wike for the pdp ticket.
I think peter obi stands a chance against atiku than wike
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by GFelixNature: 7:19am On Apr 11, 2022
flejnr2:

tinubu

When Tinubu is schemed out, his supporter will come here to say that he wasn’t interested in the Presidential seat in the first place but wanted to hold it for Osinbajo who will be schemed out also.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by flejnr2(f): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2022
GFelixNature:

When Tinubu is schemed out, his supporter will come here to say that he wasn’t interested in the Presidential seat in the first place but wanted to hold it for Osinbajo who will be schemed out also.
they are already confused with the amechi and osibanjo declarations, they were counting on the weak candidates that earlier declared
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Michelle70(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2022
chaseblack:

You haven't predicted anything
thats because I wasn't predicting
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Toks2008(m): 7:33am On Apr 11, 2022
Blablamalala:

Read below what do you have to say

Diregard those who ignorant people who have no clue of the constitutional limitation of a vice president.

Vice presidents are usually figure heads. They are only as important as the president makes them.

This is why i tell people that if they must judge osinbajo they should judge by what he did as an acting president.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Starberg(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2022
It amazes me why people can't read the handwriting. Let me give me short explanation.

The game is between Tinubu and Buhari
When Tinubu declared his intention, Buhari allies dig down to look for a prolific substitute to counter. They brought in Yaya Bello, he didn't gain popular support. Tinubu camp still gaining upper hand. They then decided to bring in Okorocha and Amechi. Tinubu team became weak and people starting showing interest in Amechi because of his age and tenacity. Tinubu camp then went on to bring in Osinbajo. That's the ice breaker.

Tinubu and Osinbajo are both aware of this. Immediately Amechi wins at the expense of Tinubu, Tinubu' political career will be in jeopardy, in fact that may be his end.

Let's wise up.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2022
perambulator:

Osinbajo’s candidacy is dead on arrival. He may not even declare, forget what you read in the papers by his sychophants urging him to run, I know for a fact that he knows he cannot win a primary unless he is a consensus candidate. He will be embarrassed in a primary contest with Tinubu and Amaechi. Consensus can tear the party apart, why would Buhari risk tearing the party apart for someone who has not earned the right to contest and contributed nothing to the formation of the party? Common sense would tell people that If Buhari is not supporting Tinubu, he will not add further humiliation by suppprting his protégée. If Buhari is picking a consensus candidate, it will be Amaechi or Fayemi!

The writing is in the wall for Osinbajo, his political naivety has put him in no man’s land. Fayemi wants to be president but you don’t see him encouraging his supporters or creating proxy support groups because he has been in politics long enough to know when the odds are stacked against you, you keep quiet. I can give you this guarantee. If Tinubu doesn’t get the ticket and Amaechi doesn’t get the ticket, Osinbajo will not be the compromise candidate. It will likely go to the man who just kept quiet….Fayemi. This is a trend in Nigerian politics, Fayemi is a political scientist a ph.D holder in political science, he knows the game as a student of Nigerian politics, he knows all leading aspirants tend to knock themselves out and the eventual winner is selected be it Balewa, shagari, Obasanjo, Yaradua Buhari. If Tinubu/Amaechi don’t get the ticket and for some reason the they insist the ticket must come to SW, it will fall on Fayemi not Osinbajo because Osinbajo would have created too much bad blood!!!! The Tinubu camp will never suppprt Osinbajo after his betrayal and like it or not APC need the Tinubu camp onboard. APC needs Tinubu, APC needs Amaechi, APc needs Fayemi, APC don’t need Osinbajo…..he is the most dispensable of the contenders, I.e the one you least need to keep happy!!!!

Personally, I would prefer Amaechi but I cannot see new PDP getting the chairmanship and the presidency. Apc was a merger between AD, PDP and CPC. CPC has been president and as I said New PDP has been selected as Chairman by CPC. The logical move is for the ticket to go to AD. If it is going to The AD faction it will not go to Osinbajo for reasons mentioned above, if Tinubu is deemed unsuitable then it will be Fayemi.

This analysis is awesome, but don't you also think Osinbajo's proxy support group is part of Tinubu's political game? Mark this space, if Osinbajo should declare, then he'll get the ticket. Osinbajo is too informed not to know what is obtainable or not for him in this game. Don't ever say Osinbajo is not a politician, those guyz are smart. They have paid strategist working for them. Tinubu himself is not almighty, he has wonderful strategist in his payroll. Forget all the fights between the two camps. Tinubu's camp and Osinbajo's camp are the same.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2022
Toks2008:

Diregard those who ignorant people who have no clue of the constitutional limitation of a vice president.

Vice presidents are usually figure heads. They are only as important as the president makes them.

This is why i tell people that if they must judge osinbajo they should judge by what he did as an acting president.

What did he do as an acting President?
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Kfed4ril(m): 7:40am On Apr 11, 2022
trutharena:
If Osinbajo is able to beat Asiwaju to the APC ticket, we will support him with all we have.

That means there is a new king on the block and the best thing is to fall in line.

I would love to see how this plays out coz it will be part of our political history.

Let the game begin!

God bless Asiwaju Tinubu.
God bless Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

Are you saying that if Ameachi wins them in the primary, you’ll not support him.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by lexy2014: 7:43am On Apr 11, 2022
AreaFada2:

In his mind, any SW person that emerges as eventual candidate is "best man". No pretence about tribalism at all.

I can already imagine how the same "Sai Barbar" abi na "Sai blah blah" chanters from SW over the last 7 years will be flooring Bubu if no SW person emerges as candidate. Then they will make clear that their pretence and blindness to Bubu failure was just to get to Aso Rock. grin grin cheesy cheesy

your last sentence deserves an award. it is the damn truth
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2022
Toks2008:

It is preposterous to equate Yemi Osinbajo intention to run for presidency as Betrayal. It is uttter cluelessness to even reason in that direction.

Is Nigeria a commodity that should ne traded for favors? Arrant rubbish. Please stop reasoning this way cos it is appalling.

And Yes Tinubu was not seen as competent cos of Nadeco bit because he transformed lagos and that is the basis for my comment "Without Osinbajo as well as the brilliant minds that made up the Lagos state economic advisory board for the 8 years Tinubu was governor. there wont be any change in Lagos.

Tinubu is smart but he has too many hindrances cos he is seen as a symbol of corruption with his previous indictment as bag man for drug related case in the past, the lingering case of alpha beta and so on.

We need a man that has a clean slate, a technocrat and a younger man with a clean bill of health.

He has the first hand experience of being a president as he has proved this beyond any doubt when he was the acting president.

He knows the current situation more than any other candidate and you foolishly want him to leave without showing interest just to say thank youto Tinubu.

Abeg no talk that nonsense again.

Hypocrisy! Osinbajo didn't benefit from that corruption?
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by SledgeHammerer: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2022
blacknoir:

I think peter obi stands a chance against atiku than wike

For where? Delegates game? No way......
Most delegates are bought and peter obi doesn't have the money.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2022
Kandeed:

Call em anything you want but one of them is gonna be ur president, so if i were you I'd get preparing to either welcome em or leave the country. urs to pick

Mpama! Keep dreaming

I forgot you are INEC
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Toks2008(m): 8:29am On Apr 11, 2022
Blablamalala:

What did he do as an acting President?

Google it. It is all over the internet.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Toks2008:

Google it. It is all over the internet.

I want you to tell us because I expect it to be too easy for you to enumerate since it was your claim.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by garfield1: 9:01am On Apr 11, 2022
perambulator:
. Anything is possible but I know any ACN candidate must have Tinubu’s backing and I know 100% Tinubu will not back Osinbajo, he is persona non grata in the Tinubu camp. From what I understand Tinubu’s early declaration was actually to nullify Osinbajo’s treachery.

There are a lot of intrigues, many parties have not played their hand

Tinubu might even be doing all these for osibanjo
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Difrent: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2022
Toks2008:

Must you go this low?

Quote the papers where you got this lie from.

So you get ALL your political information from newspapers?
Thats why you are so politically naive.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Toks2008(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2022
Difrent:

So you get ALL your political information from newspapers?
Thats why you are so politically naive.

Quote the verifiable source.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Difrent: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2022
undecided
Toks2008:

Quote the verifiable source.

Dey wait for source while those in the know laugh at your ignorance grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by trutharena: 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kfed4ril:

Are you saying that if Ameachi wins them in the primary, you’ll not support him.

We will support him of course. But he is not currently in the picture of probable winner so that is why I did not mention his name nor Yahaya Bello.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by melotech(m): 9:31am On Apr 12, 2022
Sowore 2023 that is the best man for the Job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi: Ebonyi People Will Vote Tinubu, Not Peter Obi, Labour Party / Peter Obi And Datti Ahmed Attend Event At Kaduna Mosque (Photos) / President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.