Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,613 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech (39715 Views)

Manifesto: Tinubu’s 10 Promises To Nigerians / We Can No Longer Deliver On Our Promises - Osinbajo / Defection: How Osinbajo Made Us Donate Akpabio To APC – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2022
Eriokanmi:
For me, his activities and roles as VP within the stipulation of constitution had not been encroached upon or threatened in any way to warrant his resignation. When he was wrongly accused of corruption, he said he could give up his VP position but the matter was later resolved and he was exonerated.
He's incompetent as VP n ll be incompetent as president
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by zoedew: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2022
Blablamalala:

What can you show as his achievements so far should be your selling point.
BEHIND THE SCENE HE HAS WORKED TO CONTRIBUTE HIS QUOTA TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. VERY STABLE PERSONALITY. FOCUSED ON SERVICE DELIVERY. HE DEALT WITH THE UNREST IN THE NIGER DELTA WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT. I CAN GO ON AND ON.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by fernandez1(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Honestly I was searching for security as well…..may God help us oo

Sweetplum:
What of security?
Your PR is lame. We know all your plans snitch.
See this betrayal who had a bad govt with Buhari for 8 years. Instead of going home to reflect on how bad their tenure is, he wan continue.
Hoobooboobo! Betrayal!
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Zealag(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Osinbanjo juz want to continue from where Buhari stopped,it's same thing the circle continues and it's bad for Nigeria
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2022
zoedew:

BEHIND THE SCENE HE HAS WORKED TO CONTRIBUTE HIS QUOTA TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. VERY STABLE PERSONALITY. FOCUSED ON SERVICE DELIVERY. HE DEALT WITH THE UNREST IN THE NIGER DELTA WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT. I CAN GO ON AND ON.

Why behind the scene? Please kindly go on and on. Enumerate his achievements lets read
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by gambia(m): 9:25am On Apr 11, 2022
rajiedreez:
grin grin grin Alaye dey thread carefully, he no mention security cos he knows they'll roast him

Shey you get, I know he wont mention that.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2022
dedonfranco:
Osinbajo could be another Musa Yar'Adua...Good man.
I swr we may never have another president like Yar Adua again it is very hard to believe he's from the same state as our current dullard in chief undecided
I recently watched his 7 point agenda and I couldn't help but pity us in this naija.
Our current politicians no brain dey their head na coconut water and our stolen funds
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Danmaiduguri(m): 9:27am On Apr 11, 2022
kirajustice:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/10-promises-osinbajo-made-to-nigerians-in-declaration-speech/

What about security, so he cant promise that, smh
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by BelovedofLord: 9:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Seyiemath:
Any associate of buhari is a liar
+++

ANY ASSOCIATE OF BUHARI, IS A TOTAL FAILURE & A SERIAL LIAR WITHOUT CONSCIENCE!
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by john633(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2022
What about security
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by KingGBsky(m): 9:33am On Apr 11, 2022
This are words from a good man. Osinbajo
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by DLuciano: 9:35am On Apr 11, 2022
yanabasee:
Well, he has never done anything in regards to the educational system...

He was busy sharing money using SIP and Npower and that traders money as a means of sharing free money...

He tried to boom and enhance small scale business.... But his boss will use taxes/Over-billing, banditry and lack of electricity to destroy those efforts....

Infact, he functioned accurately well in all the listed, except in the education.... Dude tried...

I agreed, but I think his principal never gave him any space to serve under education matter
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 9:36am On Apr 11, 2022
Thumbs up
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 9:36am On Apr 11, 2022
He never made promises he couldn't keep coz he never mentioned security. That's the only promise he can't keep.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by HeavenlyHolines(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2022
My people, My people, Please, don't vote for motivational speakers ooo. Lion wey born Lion na Lion them de call am oo. Anybody wey de APC na PDP in disguise and vice versa
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by fubsy: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
If he couldn't influence his boss to have implemented these policies then he failed as a VP.

Theoretical promises. Little practicability.

What I expected of this man now is to safely retire to his hometown in Ogun state and then begin to grant interviews to expose the rot of governance that has persisted for so long in that Aso Rock.

If truly he had what it takes to fix this country, why didn't we see any quality semblance of development throughout his tenure as VP and almost a year he enjoyed as acting President.

Again. This man is a fraud.
You say Prof. Osinbajo should retire and expose the rot? What stops him from being the president and correcting the rot, thereby giving us good governance and resuscitating the economy? If APC means well for Nigerians, they should not compromise, but make sure that a good candidate emerges from that party, being Prof. Osinbajo. Otherwise, APC should just forget about federal leadership come 2023.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Seebrain: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2022
I can say boldly we are now ready for an inclusive governance with PYO as principal. Congratulations in advance Sir.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by ajerimitan: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2022
Noise and smooth talk. How does he plan on achieving all those. Why hasn't he implemented those plans for 8years. Another scam loading. Nigerians beware of these bunch of politicians. Ordinary electricity they could not achieve talkless of water supply. The only thing they know how to do nest is to borrow money. Bunch of clueless entities
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2022
fernandez1:
Honestly I was searching for security as well…..may God help us oo

Amen. Na security chop money pass. The man no kuku put am cos na F9
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by fubsy: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2022
Xscape1993:
Don't make any promise that you can not fulfill for now sir. You are a good product, but your broom is bad. Wishing you all the best in your political struggle anyway.
If I were you, I would not look at any party symbol. I will rather look at the person as the symbol. Prof. Osinbajo is a good product, even in your reckoning. So, look beyond any party symbol, and go for Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as the symbol of hope and resuscitation.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
If he couldn't influence his boss to have implemented these policies then he failed as a VP.

Theoretical promises. Little practicability.

What I expected of this man now is to safely retire to his hometown in Ogun state and then begin to grant interviews to expose the rot of governance that has persisted for so long in that Aso Rock.

If truly he had what it takes to fix this country, why didn't we see any quality semblance of development throughout his tenure as VP and almost a year he enjoyed as acting President.

Again. This man is a fraud.

I disagree with your submission that are hereby traversed seriatim.

The VP is a ceremonial position in Nigeria and almost all presidential systems across the world.

From the oldest modern democracy in the world situated across the Atlantic to the newest oligarchical democracies of sub-saharan Africa, Vice-presidents' duties are not really pronounced. In the United States, the Vice President is a member of the legislature and President of the Senate even though a person elected to that office rides on the victory of a popular presidential candidate. A vice president in the United States is only there to prevent the President from being removed by the Senate even if he is impeached by Congress by influencing senators as the leader of the Senate.

In Nigeria where there is the notorious absence of strong systems in governance, the scary presence of powerful political figures and a lacuna in the grundnorm regarding the powers of deputy executive representatives, a quality assistant to the President can change little or nothing in governance.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by fubsy: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2022
yanabasee:
Well, he has never done anything in regards to the educational system...

He was busy sharing money using SIP and Npower and that traders money as a means of sharing free money...

He tried to boom and enhance small scale business.... But his boss will use taxes/Over-billing, banditry and lack of electricity to destroy those efforts....

Infact, he functioned accurately well in all the listed, except in the education.... Dude tried...

The powers of the Vice President under the Nigerian Constitution is almost absent, except the President assigns roles to him. Now, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo aspires to be our President. Remember that he is a professor, so has reached the highest educational height. I am so sure that as a president, Osinbajo will not neglect education.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Johnsown1(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2022
So security is none of your business,
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by zoedew: 9:51am On Apr 11, 2022
Blablamalala:

Why behind the scene? Please kindly go on and on. Enumerate his achievements lets read
BY BEHIND THE SCENE IS MEANT WITHIN HIS CONSTITUTIONALLY STATED ROLES. HE HAS PERFORMED WELL IN THOSE ROLES. THE MOVES AT ENHANCING THE EASE OF DOING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA HAS RECEIVED INTERNATIONAL ACCLAIM EVEN IN THE BAD BUSINESS CLIMATE IN NIGERIA TRACEABLE TO INSECURITY AND LACK OF STABLE POWER SUPPLY. IT MUST BE BORNE IN MIND THAT POLICY DECISIONS ARE THAT OF THE PRESIDENT ALONE.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by ugodson(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2022
From all the promises there is no SECURITY. That means everything will fail
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by skymath(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2022
What we fail to understand is that if Buhari never came to power, we wouldn't have had the best gift in Osibanjo to lead this country, now everyone can mark my words and quote me reasonably.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:57am On Apr 11, 2022
I don't like backstabbers.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Omohena: 9:57am On Apr 11, 2022
Can u imagine a man in helm of government,making promises of what he will do.Why didn't he influence his boss on those promises?.The emblem he represent is evil.Broom
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by zoedew: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2022
Sweetplum:
He's incompetent as VP n ll be incompetent as president
PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW HE HAS BEEN INCOMPETENT. LET'S PUT POLITICS ASIDE - PROF OSINBAJO IS A WORLD CLASS ADMINISTRATOR WHO IS EXPERIENCED AT WORKING WITH THE GOOD , THE BAD AND THE UGLY AND STILL PRODUCE RESULTS. TRUTH IS THE BEST OF CORPORATIONS IN THIS WORLD WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE HIM WORK FOR THEM. I JUST HOPE NIGERIA WILL NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY. I AM NOT A POLITICIAN BUT I HAVE MET HIM ONE-ON-ONE YEARS BEFORE HE BECAME VICE-PRESIDENT AND ONE THING THAT STRUCK ME IS THE EASE WITH WHICH HE LET ME HAVE HIS BUSINESS CARD - NO AIRS! THESE DAYS, AND WATCHING HIM FROM A VERY WIDE DISTANCE, HE HAS NOT CHANGED!
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by zoedew: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2022
Danmaiduguri:

What about security, so he cant promise that, smh
STRATEGY. YOU DON'T WANT TO SAY YOUR BOSS DID NOT DO WELL. DO YOU? NOT A WISE THING TO SAY. BEST TO SIDE STEP THAT AND OFFER TO SERVE. WHEN YOU GET TO THE OFFICE AND PROVE YOUR METTLE THE PEOPLE WILL SAY WHAT HAS TO BE SAID.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by JB4life: 10:05am On Apr 11, 2022
A review of the joint mandate given to you and sai baba in 2015 in terms of self-professed and much promised SECURITY, ECONOMY and ANTI-CORRUPTION WAR is enough for Nigerians to decide for themselves.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by LongT(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2022
His promises are dead on arrival. A child cannot fight his father. For back stabbing tinubu, it shows he is not loyal. Coming back again is to cover up the atrocities being committed by Buhari. A candidate with a different political ideology is what we need. Voting apc again will be a callous mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet, Sign MOU To Support Whoever Wins The Primaries / Oshiomhole: I Will Be In Ondo, The State Is Important To Us / Juju Placed Near Umuahia Police Post (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.