Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech (39686 Views)

Manifesto: Tinubu’s 10 Promises To Nigerians / We Can No Longer Deliver On Our Promises - Osinbajo / Defection: How Osinbajo Made Us Donate Akpabio To APC – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by kirajustice: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has joined the 2023 Presidential Race.

On Monday, Osinbajo in an early morning broadcast on Channels Television revealed that he will be contesting for the exalted position on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

It's been widely rumoured for months that the VP was harbouring ambitions to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

During his Declaration speech closely monitored by POLITICS NIGERIA, the VP made 10 significant promises to Nigerians if given the opportunity to rule the country.

They are;

1. EXCELLENT BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT: "Providing an excellent environment for businesses to thrive"

2. AGRICULTURE: "Taking the agriculture revolution to the next level especially mechanization and developing the farm to table value chain."

3. REGULATIONS: "Making sure that the government, its agencies and regulators serve the business community"

4. TECHNOLOGY: "creating a tech economy that will provide jobs for millions"

5. SIP: "Enhancing our Social Investment Programme to a full scale social welfare scheme"

6. POVERTY: "Completing the promise of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty within this decade"

7. EDUCATION: "Completing the task of ensuring that all Nigerians, male and female, attend school and reforming our educational system for relevance to the challenges of this century"

8. HEALTH: "Completing the task of universal health coverage for all"

9. GOVERNANCE: "Strengthening the capacity of States and Local Governments to deliver on their respective mandates."

10. ETHNICITY: "Let us build a Nigeria where the man from Nnewi sees the man in Gusau as his brother, where the woman in Warri sees the woman in Jalingo as her sister, where the love of our nation burns alike in the hearts of boys and girls from Gboko to Yenogoa. Where everywhere in this land is home for everyone , where our diversities, tribes and faiths unite, rather than divide us."

"Let our tribes become one tribe; the Nigerian tribe, where all are treated fairly, justly and with respect."
https://politicsnigeria.com/10-promises-osinbajo-made-to-nigerians-in-declaration-speech/

83 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Xscape1993(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2022
Don't make any promise that you can not fulfill for now sir. You are a good product, but your broom is bad. Wishing you all the best in your political struggle anyway.

239 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by awoniyi1236(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2022
PYO 2023

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Aufbauh(m): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by yanabasee(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
Well, he has never done anything in regards to the educational system...

He was busy sharing money using SIP and Npower and that traders money as a means of sharing free money...

He tried to boom and enhance small scale business.... But his boss will use taxes/Over-billing, banditry and lack of electricity to destroy those efforts....

Infact, he functioned accurately well in all the listed, except in the education.... Dude tried...

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2022
What of security?
Your PR is lame. We know all your plans snitch.
See this betrayal who had a bad govt with Buhari for 8 years. Instead of going home to reflect on how bad their tenure is, he wan continue.
Hoobooboobo! Betrayal!

178 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by dedonfranco(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2022
Osinbajo could be another Musa Yar'Adua...Good man.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by DontBullshitMe: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2022
If he couldn't influence his boss to have implemented these policies then he failed as a VP.

Theoretical promises. Little practicability.

What I expected of this man now is to safely retire to his hometown in Ogun state and then begin to grant interviews to expose the rot of governance that has persisted for so long in that Aso Rock.

If truly he had what it takes to fix this country, why didn't we see any quality semblance of development throughout his tenure as VP and almost a year he enjoyed as acting President.

Again. This man is a fraud.

166 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Osinbajo is one of the few that will make me vote APC if PDP fails to present Peter Obi.

62 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by jericco1(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Story

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
This fool go just dey act like say him na separate entity from this buharis calamitous and failed government grin grin grin tinubu go crush am sha, Apc na either tinubu or amaechi get am,mere commissioner houseboy go to the back sit ,this fight no consign you, I like how he carefully omitted " security" before nigerians roast am grin

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Akinsete19(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
I thought they claimed that poverty has been reduced drastically, how come Osinbajo still promise to lift 100 million people from poverty?

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by mrvitalis(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Someone should tell me why would should absolve osibanjo of the failures of this administration ?

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Emmypure: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
I like osinbajo guts to stand against his own boss Tinubu, but one thing I know for sure is that he will never smell that seat .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by mobilenewsnetwo: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Fake tradermoni criminal. You are part of the problems we have in this Godforsaken country. You and Tilumbu are big contributors to the social misfits we have in aso rock. Thunder scatter your cone head there

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Seyiemath(m): 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
Actually, Osibanjo seems to be a better candidate from the ones that have declared so far in APC. I will advise that he does not make humongous promises, because Nigerians are still nursing the pains of Buhari brouhaha promises that turns to be a scam and lies. Get me right I have not benefited anything from this government if not untold hardship and pain. I only believe in a better Nigeria come 2023. Buhari is a colossal failure. May God guide us to choose his appointed candidate for us, not our self acclaimed Messiah like 2015.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nigeriadondie: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
undecided A man who doesn’t believe in restructuring is not a good candidate for Aso rock

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
Realistically speaking having considered many angles to PYO presidential ambition. I can confidently say his ambition is dead on arrival.

How can you be the VP for 7years and not build a political network to outshine your Boss (Tinubu) and the funny thing he thinks primaries and elections are won on Twitter- Nobody is supporting on Twitter sef- no grassroot politics, no project to your name that you can hold on to during campaign�

He is going to pull out of the race, this I have seen- he does not have the political will for the real politics

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by SmartPolician: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
I cannot pick out one key institutional reform this adminstration implemented. cheesy

You say you are fighting corruption, but you couldn't even strengthen the weak antigraft agencies.

What we see is the old strategy of bursting into people's houses at 3am to arrest them instead of using technology and legislation to prevent financial crimes from happening - like Jonathan planned to do before he was booted out.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by mrvitalis(m): 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
So his promise is to just continue where Buhari stopped ? ...so you see he and Buhari are one and the same

Nigerians do you want a continuation of buhari's governance style ?

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by taiwotimitt: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
What about security? I think this man understand what's going on. He refused to talk about security because the challenge is bigger than him.

This is the beginning of the end of APC

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by yesloaded: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
O tun ti zeh grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by SensualMan1(m): 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
The mere commissioner will handle economy

You see this ur ambition and the other one of life time ambition, see where they are buried.

Amaechi: Eyaaaaa!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by WATCHOVER(m): 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
Xscape1993:
Don't make any promise that you can not fulfill for now sir. You are a good product, but your broom is bad. Wishing you all the best in your political struggle anyway.
Don't mind him, he was among those people who wrote Buhari's Manifesto that plunged Nigeria into confusion.
We will never forget,
Nigerians will never forgive him
Nigerians are not dumb

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Winters23: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2022
grin

Osinbajo is part and parcel of the current regime, he's NOT A SAINT among sinners

This is good news for Amechi camp

Osinbajo will cancel tinubu out and clear the path for in-coming president Rotimi Amechi

its now looking good guys

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Umerialele: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2022
ddu
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by zinaunreal(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2022
Promise and fail. This man is a weak man
Where there is no security every other thing is nonsense . You will build and they will destroy in seconds. He didn't talk of security he is just an unserious contestant my friend go to hell. RUBBISH APC MAGGOT

Everybody guard your head before all this blood thirsty politicians will use it for election success

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by KUNZEH(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2022
Promise and fail, no be by grammar bro. May the best happen jare.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by 4ckyou: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2022
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu / Clothes Spread On Rail At The Ministry Of Finance Building In Abuja (Photo) / Boko Haram Attempts To Take Over Air Force Base In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.