Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu (8560 Views)

Obi: Only Through Judiciary Can The Public Be Protected From Identity Fraudsters / Dogara: There Are Plots By Some Operatives Of The Police To Assassinate Me / 2023: There Are Plots To Keep Presidency In The North –prof. Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by EvenBlogger: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2022
Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has alleged of plot to frustrate his governorship ambition through the judiciary.

The Enugu lawmaker made the claims in a statement issued on Sunday by the Director-General of his campaign organization, Hon. Ogbo Asogwa.

He said a suit has already been filed at an Enugu State High Court to stop his guber ambition with an injunction.

Ogbo said in the statement that, “We have in our possession, court processes already filed at the Enugu State High Court, with the aim of using the Enugu State Judiciary to obtain an injunction barring the Senator from contesting the Enugu State gubernatorial election.

“In the suit marked E/254/2022 with Ekweremadu as the Respondent, the Applicant, Chief Oforma Mbannaji from Nike (For himself and on behalf of other members of Enugu East Senatorial District, Enugu State) wants the former Deputy President of the Senate stopped based on a zoning agreement supposedly reached at an expanded Caucus meeting of the Enugu State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on 7th July 2013).

“The matter filed by the Applicant’s counsel, Dr. Peter Aneke, who also hails from Nike, will be heard by Justice Harold Eya on April 28, 2022.

“Sadly, this is yet another display of unmitigated and unconscionable desperation by a people hell-bent on ridiculing and desecrating virtually all critical institutions of democracy just to stop Senator Ike Ekweremadu’s aspiration and impose their lackeys and relations on the people of Enugu State.”

He said the attempt to also drag the Enugu State and Nigerian judiciary into several other plots against his guber ambition “is the height of it and one that the Enugu State Judiciary, the Nigerian Judiciary, the National Judicial Council, and the Chief Justice of Nigeria must never allow to happen.

“We, therefore, call the attention of the Chief Judge of Enugu State, the National Judicial Council, and the Chief Justice of Nigeria to this latest effort to bring this revered arm of government to disrepute.

“More importantly, the provisions of the Electoral Act 2022 expressly exclude the State High Courts from matters pertaining to State House of Assembly, governorship, National Assembly, and presidential elections.

“So, this is evidently an evil, meretricious, and baseless plot to use the judiciary to abort the popular will of the people by manipulating the course of democracy to obtain from that revered arm of government what they cannot obtain in a free and fair contest.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/11/enugu-guber-there-are-plots-to-stop-me-through-judiciary-ekweremadu/

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by ItsGoodToBeGood: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2022
Clear conscience fears no accusation.

We will support you if you are in line with the zoning system that has been in existence, anything short of that ..,..........

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by softworldsystem(m): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2022
cheesy
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Seyiemath(m): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2022
ok

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by lampard8888: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2022
Trash dis post, Enugu state don't have political gladiators which make intra state politics interesting..

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by kennethfranc(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2022
Let him continue wasting his time...
Chimaroke picked Sullivan as his successor
Sullivan selected Ifeanyi as his successor

All these where done through zoning so I don't see Ifeanyi ugwuanyi going against a laid rule.

Side note...

I wish Hollywood can be practiced in reality. I for like carry sniper dey one corner dey put groundnut for these old men body one by one. they don DO DO... 20yrs yet nothing to show for it yet u still get mind dey show ur face

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Stephendeals: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2022

Senator did you join in the zoning formula prior to this time...

or you were not inform too shocked

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by NNtv(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2022
Why cry even when the game is yet to start

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Djiikoo(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2022
Really
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by obilisama(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2022
Ekweremadu.....should go and sit down. What happens to zoning?. Let peace reigns in Enugu State.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by donbenie(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2022
Na this one be that Chicken..
Wey dey scatter everything..
If he no fit eat. sad

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Bornbiafra: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2022
If not to thieve can you tell us why you want to be a governor

After spending many years in the Senate achieving nothing..

Idiots....

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by oliverwrites: 10:56am On Apr 11, 2022
This man was supposedly one of PDP's presidential hopes. I wonder what changed?
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Kingpele(m): 10:56am On Apr 11, 2022
U don't deserve to be governor

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Nigga44: 10:56am On Apr 11, 2022
Ok
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by manduwem(m): 10:58am On Apr 11, 2022
I believe if his party can shun greedy tendencies and refuse to sell the nomination & expression of interest forms to him (for coming from area outside the zoned area)... it'll end all this drama simply.

*What do I know sef, I'm not a politician nor do I belong to any party* just a citizen's view
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:58am On Apr 11, 2022
Greedy idiot that is not grateful unto God for his two decades of being in the senate but is rather ready to create chaos in Enugu state because of his selfish ambition.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Temptee101(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2022
Ekweremmadu should respect himself and withdraw from the race.

He just wants to disrupt the relative peace being experienced in Enugu state.

He should respect the zoning arrangement already instituted in the state.

He should be gunning for the presidency or vice instead.

These evil politicians are never tired of looting and stealing.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by MartinsD12(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2022
EvenBlogger:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/11/enugu-guber-there-are-plots-to-stop-me-through-judiciary-ekweremadu/
Go and sit down it's the turn of Enugu east and even when it comes to Enugu west turn by that time you be politically retired by then we look for visionary youth just like we had in Enugu west in Sullivan from udi LGA

1 Like

Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by yetunsbay(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2022
Wetin u too want again ?
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by abobote: 11:07am On Apr 11, 2022
You have the right to contest
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by Pastorsmile: 11:09am On Apr 11, 2022
Thank God that plot isn't coming from the opposition parties
Re: Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu by aikyg(m): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Really? Stop kwa? Ifenwa ifiooo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku In Katsina Pledges To Address Security, Economy, Donates 50 Million / Nasarawa Guber: 38 Women Who Protested Supreme Court Verdict Denied Bail / Forex Crisis Pushes Petrol Subsidy To N907.5b Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.