Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? (4170 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / 3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / My Girlfriend Is 4 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by tushman(m): 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2007
I have a friend who told me he wants to marry a lady but there was some issues that had to be resolved. He told me he is in love with her and she even got pregnant and has a 3 months old son for him now. He is doing doing his M.PH(Masters in Public Health) in a Nigerian University in the South west while working in the said ladys NGO during his break in a north central state.

He is presently 31, while the lady is 47.she had 2 kids(boys)from a previous marriage the first is about 16 and the second is 13. she runs an NGO that has something to do with sexual rights(homos & lesbos). he met her while he was staying with his elder brother and the woman was living in the next flat.something started but despite pressure from his brother that they should break up he refused until his dad was eventually informed by his brother. He then told the woman that he was breaking up with her and went back to school. She visited him there and eventually got pregnant. ON learning about her pregnancy he went to see his dad to tell him he wanted to marry the woman and his father disowned him onthe spot. His brother also sent him out of his house and the woman in question now rented a room for him in the same town where she and his brother lived.

His family is against his relationship with the woman believing she has used juju against him, she is too old and being christains, she is a divorcee while her family is against the relationship believing that he has also used juju for her and that he is too young for her and must be a gold digger.
their love child has not been acknowledged by any member of their various families and he is wondering whether to continue with the relationship and marry her because of their son or break up with her.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by tushman(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2007
waiting fellas,
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by junegirl(f): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2007
Well it's either they're crazily in love or just plain crazy. They had better just go ahead and marry themselves since they're both willing. If it works out, good for them, if it doesn't, some other people will learn from their mistakes. Personally, I can still reconcile a girl marrying a much older man but the other way round? Hell no. If he was my brother, I'd also be convinced he jazzed her!
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by junegirl(f): 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2007
correction: , reconcile with, she jazzed him
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by Easybaby(f): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by tushman(m): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2007
but is it possible to jazz a guy and he would still talk reasonably?
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by junegirl(f): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2007
Yes, it's very possible. That's the whole essence of jazz, it's supposed to be subtle
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by junegirl(f): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2007
Yes, it's very possible. That's the whole essence of jazz, it's supposed to be subtle
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by Kinkinatus(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2009
What the heck is wrong with marrying a woman or man 15 years your senior/junior? Why must it always be claimed that someone is using black magic on the other when love and other attendant issues are involved? Is it a crime for a divorced man or a divorcee to also want to have a normal family life and have a second chance at happiness and fulfilment? And if so what is wrong with a having that shot with a younger man/woman? So his father disowns him because he goes out with a senior citizen, so what? Folks, just stop judging. There are different tastes for different people. To each, their own. True enough, there are also consequences, some bitter and some sweet. Let people make their own mistakes and learn from them. C'est la vie. Nuff said.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by franko2: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2009
Na wa sha for una ppl! Jazz stories, disownment, bla bla bla, I beg make man n woman jus live happily ever after o jare,
Who cares if father disown pikin? Wen time reach to pay skool fees and buy cloth, im for dip hand for pocket, abi wetin?
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by brooknam99: 9:00pm On Dec 17, 2009
Wow when he's 50 yrs old she'll be using a cane/wheelchair/motorized scooter.oh,and she'll soon be eligible for dentures!!!sweeeettt
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by yomi123nl(m): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2009
If you feel you can cope, then go ahead. But personally, I will never recommend that to any of my friend/family.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by yomi123nl(m): 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
You must learn to always consider the future implication of your actions and decisions.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by coolier(f): 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2009
He already has a son with her. The innocent boy needs a father. As one lays his bed he should lie on it. They should both bring up their son and his stepsons together.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by pureminded: 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2009
15 Years Older Than my self ?? shocked dead no grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone 15 Years Older Than Yourself? by Akebulan: 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
It comes to a point where you have to say "F anyone else's opinion, AM DOING ME"! and i seriously think that point was a few miles away for this couple.

Their love, is proof that age gets too much attention and love gets too little.

15 years, 12 years, 34 years, who cares?

If they are in love, they are in love. Easy and done.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Vs Ghanaian Men / See How A Girlfriend Intoduce Her Boyfriend Who Came To Visit Her To Her Friends / Walking Naked In The House Is This Maturity Or Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.