Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays (12118 Views)

Easter: FG Declares Friday, March 29 & Monday, April 1 As Public Holidays / Anambra Declares November 18 Public Holiday In Honour Of Zik / FG Declares Public Holidays To Celebrate 2018 Eid-El-Kabir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by fergie001: 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR

PRESS STATEMENT

FG DECLARES FRIDAY 15TH AND MONDAY 18TH APRIL, 2022 PUBLIC HOLIDAYS TO MARK EASTER CELEBRATION.

Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, on behalf of the Federal Government has declared Friday 15th and Monday 18th April, 2022, which are Good Friday and Easter Monday, to be Public Holidays, to mark this year’s Easter celebration.

He made the declaration within the week in Abuja. Aregbesola, while speaking, urged Christians to emulate the attributes of sacrifice, togetherness, forgiveness, kindness, love, peace and patience, which were the attributes and practices of Jesus Christ, as exemplified by His ministry on earth.

Aregbesola therefore called on Christians and all Nigerians alike to use the occasion of this year’s Easter Celebration to pray for an end to all security challenges bedevilling every part of the country.

The Minister assured that the Federal Government will leave no stone unturned to ensure that the recent attacks by undesirable elements on the highways, airport and the railway are timely brought to an end.

“Security is everybody’s business. I therefore urge Nigerians and foreigners resident in our country to display a high sense of citizenship and public spiritedness at this critical time in the history of our country, by supporting the efforts of all security agencies in bringing peace and security of lives and property of the citizenry,” he said.

While wishing Christians at home and in the Diaspora a happy and peaceful Easter celebration, he also called on Nigerians to join hands with the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Administration in its determination to bring sustainable development and usher in prosperity for all.

Aregbesola once more assures Nigerians that the nation is inexorably on the path to greatness, despite the present challenges confronting her.

"There will surely be light at the end of the tunnel," he stated.

He wishes all Christians a most blissful Easter Celebration.

Dr. Shuaib Belgore
Permanent Secretary
11th April, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by Malory: 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
If Buhari has the means he would have cancelled Easter celebration because he is a Jihadist

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by Aufbauh(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2022
Interesting break for my amiable incoming President Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN to consult and strategize for the task ahead.

omenkaLives, it's time for me to host you in my lounge at Abuja.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by Truthisunique2: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2022
Christ is risen

3 Likes

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by motionarena: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2022
Happy Easter celebrations
All Catholics in the house

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by God1000(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
Good, wishing all nairalanders a fantastic Easter celebration ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by omoredia: 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
Truth is not what u are told but what you decide to find out and know for yourself.

#supportomoredia4president2023

1 Like

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by MathewOG(m): 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2022
ok
Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by dahmie2013: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
Yes o...
Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by Uniqueteco(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
That's the only thing fg can do

1 Like

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by obi4eze(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
angry
Who cares?

Even if they don't declare it as holiday people will still give themselves holiday. Over here it's going to be a bank holiday and it means more pay. wink

1 Like

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by Dorwadora(f): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
It's the time of the year when I'll start to read

He has risen
He has rise
He has rice

1 Like

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by adebayo201: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
Nah holiday periods this man dey show. undecided

1 Like

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by akmath: 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ati gbo

Since Buhari enter office nothing de sweet about Christmas, Easter or Sallah again.

Though I no vote 2015, but if I remember how I carry paper, Biro and calculator de help Buhari calculate vote I just de vex for myself.

The annoying thing be say plenty Nigerians never learn from this 8 years hardship. People still wan vote base on religion and tribe

4 Likes

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by Tinubuadvocate: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
Happy Easter celebration to my lovely Christians brothers and sisters...The next year Easter celebration will be more joyful than this because then the new administration which Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will head will be inaugurated.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by ekaette1621: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
IT'S TIME FOR ME TO HAVE group sex WITH iyaebe,Fernandezisback and candidlady.
Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by sicily4u: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
Will there be Monday sit at home from Igbos them?
Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by meobizy(f): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
E no concern me. I’ll spend the day sleeping.
Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by PEXBlog(f): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2022
At Pickie's Eyez Xperience,

We wish everyone

Happy Easter

In Advance.

May the good Lord comfort and uphold everyone in this dire times.
Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by seunlayi(m): 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2022
Nothing special, we knew already. Aregbesola should tell us what is happening to our prisons
Re: Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays by 1866scx: 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Happy Easter celebration to my lovely Christians brothers and sisters...The next year Easter celebration will be more joyful than this because then the new administration which Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will head will be inaugurated.
[/s]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure / MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ / INEC Takes Final Decision On Anambra Guber Election Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.