Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi (510 Views)

Chain Vs Full Fire: Tension As Gang War Rages In Benue, Dozens Killed / Soldier Killed, Houses Burnt As Troops, Imo Youths Clash / 30 Yelwan Zangam Residents Die In Fresh Attacks In Jos, Several Houses Burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by wwwihy: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
The people of Effium/Ezza-Effium in Ohaukwu and part of Ebonyi Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State, were thrown into mourning and confusion, following the invasion of the communities by suspected assailants described as ‘Effium warlords’ in the state.

Vanguard had reported the incident on Monday, April 11.

The attack, according to detailed investigation, claimed more than 26 lives and destroyed 17 houses in the early hours of Sunday, April 10.

The affected villages include Ohagelede, Umuezeoka, Ebbiaji and Ebbeta, all in Ezza/Effium and part of Ebonyi Local Government Areas of Ebonyi state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/updated-26-dead-17-houses-burnt-as-communal-war-rages-in-ebonyi/
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Iyadesa: 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2022
Haba

How many are we in this country that people keep dying like chicken daily?
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Mooh247: 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
cool

SouthEast Nigeria
NorthEast Nigeria
MiddleEast Nigeria
SouthEast Ukraine

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is his home state and Simon Ekpa has nothing to say about this.
Always busy ranting about Soludo and sensless sit-at-home in Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by LoveNbeloved(f): 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
Na wa o.
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by abiloo: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
Failed state
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Iceberg3: 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

SouthEast Nigeria
NorthEast Nigeria
coneheaded East afonja grin
MiddleEast Nigeria
SouthEast Ukraine

1 Like

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Igbo land is a paradise undecided if you have money the first thing to do is to Japa from that almajiri capital of the South

1 Like

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by omenkaLives(m): 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Yesterday I received no less than 70 mentions on a single thread. The thread was about the murder of 12 persons in Benue state by suspected herdsmen. Igbos on the forum, especially those who think I'm the reason their life is so miserable, took turns to mock the dead and practically celebrated the incident.

It was an eyesore.

Between yesterday evening and this moment, over 30 cases of deaths have been reported from thier states, courtesy ipob and communal clashes.

I won't return their favour by mucking the dead. I won't celebrate the incident. I would rather pray for the souls of the departed and advice these Igbos shaming their ethnic group on the forum to take a step back and really think their actions over.

AchalugoNwa was the most notorious of all. Dude can't see the dead without celebrating, especially if it involves Benue state. It's a shame how a major ethnic group have brought themselves to such level of ridicule.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Donshegxy10(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
The sad thing is that it is igbo killing igbos.

I pray we find solution to insecurity, banditory and killings in nigeria as soon as we can.
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by IGBOSON1: 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
Donshegxy10:
The sad thing is that it is igbo killing igbos.

I pray we find solution to insecurity, banditory and killings in nigeria as soon as we can.

Shut up! THE ASSAILANTS ARE NORTHERN TERRORISTS! Forget all this revisionism some bastards are trying to do on the media….more so, social media like nairaland! They will come into Igboland, slaughter innocent men, women and children, then their agents and Igbo-haters on print and social media will take over and say its either IPOB/ESN or communal crises!

So let me ask you bigots that always get a boner at the thought of spilling Igbo blood: what was the trigger for this latest ‘communal crisis’!? I mean, we’ve not heard of these communities at each other’s throats in recent months (if not years), and all of a sudden they’re killing themselves! Doesn’t that strike you as odd!? Just a few months ago, the naive Umahi was lamenting the slaughter by Fulani herdsmen/terrorists of Ebonyian men, women and children in cold blood! I can dig out the news report if you want!

It known that when a conquering/hegemonic/colonialist force wants to weaken a people they want to control or take over, one of the strategies is to cause intra-communal conflicts amongst them….they’re easier to control that way! In the case of Ebonyi, the northern hegemony ARE KILLING IGBOS SO THERE’S NO PEACE IN THE REGION WHILST AGITATION FOR SECESSION IS GOING ON! THEY CAN THEN SAY, ‘YOU SEE, IPOB/ESN ARE KILLING THEIR PEOPLE….TURN YOUR BACK ON THEM IF YOU WANT PEACE IN YOUR REGION!’ THEY ARE ALSO MURDERING IGBOS SO THERE’S NO PEACE IN THE SOUTH-EAST FOR DEVELOPMENT TO TAKE PLACE! This second one is just a consequence of their hatred towards Igbos and them not wanting us to progress to the point of leaving their leeching/parasitic ass behind…and you see this playing out in Anambra state where they don’t want Soludo to have the peaceful environment with which to realise his vision for the state! PURE HATE AND A FEELING OF SUPERIORITY! A favourite pastime of theirs is spilling Igbo blood, so engaging in devilish clandestine acts in Ebonyi state is par-for-the-course for them….they’ve been at it since the 50s

Let me reiterate…IGBOLAND WILL NOT KNOW PEACE AND PROGRESS AT THE PACE GOD HAS DESTINED FOR US WHILE WE CONTINUE TO SHARE THE SAME COUNTRY WITH THE FULANI….AND TO A LESSER EXTENT, THE YORUBA! In the interim, the only way we as a people can have some respite from all the blood-spilling in the south-east is if Buhari dies tomorrow or is impeached! Either that, or we wait till his tenure comes to an end next year or Nigeria implodes! Buhari and the evil hegemony around him in and around Aso Rock (whether by omission or commission) are the major reason, facilitators and instigators of all this instability and bloodshed in a once peaceful south-east, and you can take this to the bank!
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Donshegxy10(m): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Shut up!
you must be a mad man for telling your father to shut up.
You can address the issue at hand without aggression.
Do i look like a tribalist to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by Miracle2022: 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
While their problem is tinubu and paintball.
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by realstars: 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
Since umahi join apc thimgs are not the same again.
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by jmoore(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Shut up! THE ASSAILANTS ARE NORTHERN TERRORISTS!

Living in denial remains the trademark of IPOB

Jan 2022-
https://punchng.com/communal-clash-four-feared-killed-in-ebonyi/

Feb 2021- https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/02/23/25-die-in-ebonyi-communal-clash-says-umahi/

2019- https://punchng.com/infant-seven-others-killed-in-ebonyi-communal-clash/

pp

IGBOSON1:

Buhari and the evil hegemony around him in and around Aso Rock (whether by omission or commission) are the
major reason, facilitators and instigators of all this
instability and bloodshed in a once peaceful south-
east, and you can take this to the bank!

So Buhari has resurrected? Your supreme liar said it is Jubril of Sudan that is in control. Seems you guys are tired of that propaganda. So disappointed! Inconsistency!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
Yesterday I received no less than 70 mentions on a single thread. The thread was about the murder of 12 persons in Benue state by suspected herdsmen. Igbos on the forum, especially those who think I'm the reason their life is so miserable, took turns to mock the dead and practically celebrated the incident.

It was an eyesore.

Between yesterday evening and this moment, over 30 cases of deaths have been reported from thier states, courtesy ipob and communal clashes.

I won't return their favour by mucking the dead. I won't celebrate the incident. I would rather pray for the souls of the departed and advice these Igbos shaming their ethnic group on the forum to take a step back and really think their actions over.

AchalugoNwa was the most notorious of all. Dude can't see the dead without celebrating, especially if it involves Benue state. It's a shame how a major ethnic group have brought themselves to such level of ridicule.
[/s]
Shut up
at your age you're telling lies.
omenka all I ask from you is to call out fulani herdsmen killing your people.
call them out just as you don't hesitate to call out ESN or ipob.
omenka you know I'm saying the truth
stop decieving yourself.
call them out!
your silence only means you're supporting them.
omenka you no dey shame like this.
I want you to use this your mouth to say that fulani herdsmen are killing your people.
call fulani herdsmen out omenka.
stop playing politics here.
nobody is kid here that you can easily deceive.

1 Like

Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by 1867xvb: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

SouthEast Nigeria
NorthEast Nigeria
MiddleEast Nigeria
SouthEast Ukraine

[/s]
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by 1867xs: 12:12am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:

It was an eyesore.

[/s]
Re: 26 Dead, 17 Houses Burnt As Communal War Rages In Ebonyi by IGBOSON1: 1:04am On Apr 14, 2022
jmoore:

Living in denial remains the trademark of IPOB

Jan 2022-
https://punchng.com/communal-clash-four-feared-killed-in-ebonyi/

Feb 2021- https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/02/23/25-die-in-ebonyi-communal-clash-says-umahi/

2019- https://punchng.com/infant-seven-others-killed-in-ebonyi-communal-clash/

So Buhari has resurrected? Your supreme liar said it is Jubril of Sudan that is in control. Seems you guys are tired of that propaganda. So disappointed! Inconsistency!!

Dude, if you weren't such a daft bigot you'd have realised you've just helped me buttress my point with those links.

First, there's just one attack each recorded for 2019...2021...and 2022, with nothing happening in 2020. Also, the three attacks reported happend in three separate locations and between three sets of communities/adversaries:

*2019.... “It is a long-standing dispute between Ndiagu Alike community in Ikwo Local Government Area and Enyibichiri community in Abakaliki Local Government Area that caused the crisis on Saturday".

*2021....Ebonyi State Governor, Mr. David Umahi, yesterday said 25 deaths have so far been recorded in the lingering communal crisis between the people of Effium and Ezza Effium in the Effium community of the Ohaukwu Local Government Area of the state.

*2022.....No fewer than four persons have been reportedly killed in a communal clash between the people of Ukawu and Isinkwo communities, in the Onicha Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, even as their corpses were allegedly taken by their attackers.

The above does not point to any longstanding tit-for-tat communal attacks between the parties concerned, otherwise we could have had series of prior reports of attacks as one responds to the other, kinda like we saw with the Aguleri-Umuleri and Ife-Modakeke communal crises...or the ongoing ones in Southern kaduna and Jos North! With these attacks that you provided links for, can you give us reports of the build up to these attacks....the trigger that finally culminated in the attacks reported? Or we just woke up one morning and heard for the first time that there's a inter-communal crises and so and so number have been slaughtered in cold blood?

Fact of the matter is most if not ALL of those attacks were done by cowardly Fulani herdsmen/terrorists! Their stock-in-trade is to creep into villages in the dead of the night and take their victims unawares. Yet another one of their attacks was reported in Enugu a few weeks back....and it was said they were avenging the slaughter of their cows by the villagers! Can you imagine!?

This recent one reported on this thread is a continuation of their senseless attacks on Igbos', and it then begs the question....'why do they prefer not to own up to their attacks in Ebonyi?' The answer is simple: they may be bloodthirsty murderers but they're not stupid....they know their cup is full in Nigeria as a whole, and with this in mind, they're not too eager to own up to their attacks in the southern part of the country. They may not care being identified when they launch attacks in Southern Kaduna and Plataeu state, but when it comes to the southern part of Nigeria, they're obviously aware they're standing on our last nerve...esp' when it comes to the Igbo who are just looking for the slightest excuse to leave this Godforsaken country! Like i stated earlier, besides murdering for revenge over cows or their kinsfolk that may have been killed, they (as well as their kinsfolk in the army barracks in the south-east) are also agents for the northern hegemony who have other reasons for wanting to give the impression of inter-communal crises in the south-east or give the impression of IPOB/ESN attacking their fellow kinsfolk!

Now here are links to reports of Fulani herdsmen attacks in Ebonyi. Notice these attacks by fulani herdsmen/terrorists started in the south-east in general and Ebonyi in particular only after 2015, when their evil leader was first sworn in as president!

* https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/ebonyi-massacre-fulani-herdsmen-attacked-7-igbo-villages-3000-persons-displaced/

* https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/breaking-fulani-herdsmen-attack-ngbo-community-in-ebonyi/

* https://guardian.ng/news/herdsmen-attack-ebonyi-communities-kill-20-destroy-property-others/

* https://punchng.com/suspected-herdsmen-raid-ebonyi-benue-enugu-communities-kill-46/

* https://barristerng.com/benue-massacre-300-fulani-herdsmen-attacked-us-ebonyi-victims/

* https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-43383337

* https://www./2022/01/10/three-killed-as-suspected-herdsmen-attack-ebonyi-community/

The last link is the latest attack on innocent Igbos' in Ebonyi of which i mentioned in my previous post on this thread!

Dude, whether its Jubril El-Sudani or the real vegetable himself that's sat in Aso Rock and overseeing Nigerias' descent into anarchy and failed state status....one can't really tell the difference as the level of wickedness and hatred for igbos' coming out of there remains constant like the Northern star! It could be that at some point in the past, when the real Buhari was at deaths door, they got in a double to fool Nigerians so they could hold on to power. But given the level of animosity and hate directed at Ndigbo by this presidency and the ruling hegemony, i'd wager the real Buhari has got his mojo back and is now back to his bigoted best! smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Judas Who Betrayed His Master - Photo / 2023: I’ll Serve With All My Heart, Osinbajo Promises Nigerians / May 9, 1987: Did Awolowo Die Of Age Related Cause Or Suicide?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.