Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Domestic Violence: The Other Side Of The Story. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Domestic Violence: The Other Side Of The Story. (323 Views)

Why Is My Friend Suffering From The Same Domestic Violence She Saved Me From?? / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: The Story Of The Red Pill / Read My Piece On Domestic Violence (the Violent,the Valley,the Vacuum) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence: The Other Side Of The Story. by rickyboss333: 12:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Ok, I'll try my best not to bore u guys with excessive talking cos I know I can be very expressive when it comes to writing. Also forgive any grammatical or typo errors therein as I am putting this up straight up without any second thoughts or editing.

Alot of stories of domestic violence lately on social media have actually triggered me to make this page, as I intend to get opinions from matured minds here on NL, especially as it connects and concerns me, my own experience and my personality, using my personal true life account as a case study.

Basically, my objective, just like my topic reads is hearing the other side of the story, I mean rather from d "beatee" but from the "beater".
I know that many, if not most of you guys reading this right now would probably have this notion like "there is nothing in this world that should warrant a man to touch a woman, no matter what", and believe me I also think so too, but then, I am a kind of person that likes to put my self in people's shoes and try to see and understand from their perspective, and see why they had to do what they did, as humans that we all are.

Most of the time when these stories of domestic violence come up on d internet, just like every other stories, there is always one side of d story, usually the "surviving beatee" or a close relation or friend, or should I say, a supporter to d deceased "beatee", that's in a case when she doesn't survive it. When this stories are told, especially when it is an account from the woman (beatee), whenever she needs to give full account about what lead to the beating, it is always summarized as "a mere misunderstanding", or "little misunderstanding", or a phrase that makes it look like it is not worth d next action taken by d man. I haven't forgotten that, "no matter what it is d woman did...blablabla" (am sure most babes must be saying right now), but let us just try ba, drop all sentiments and let's look at the situation carefully and then put ourselves in the man's shoes, and honestly make some humane conclusion. Let's use my story as a practical illustration.

Yes I know I may not be married and some might say that being in a relationship is quite different from marriage, but u will agree with me that all things being equal, the only difference between marriage and relationship is the child or children inclusion factor cos I totally agree with u that the introduction of children in a marriage changes a lot of things...infact, right from when the woman is heavily pregnant, let alone when d baby is out. Asides this, one can liken a serious relationship of two mature people as that of being married (just agree with me first, so I can tell my story, lol).

I am a very decipline kind of person but I can also be very naughty, witty, and too nice as well , especially if I had put sense aside because am inluv. I use to date this babe I loved so much, and this love of mine 4 this chick came with a lot of me trying to be very understanding, caring, loving and lots of sacrifices. my normal me, I try to live my life, trying to avoid things that may bring problems, which works 4 me quite well (except that ppl most times don't see what I try to do at a particular time, n sometimes they see me like being too cautious or forming over smart n all that, because d problem was avoided and it gets to feel like that's how it was meant 2 be, not until it happens n they begin 2 say things like, if I had know shey I would have done this or that talk). Overtime, I got 2 love this babe so much that I practically do everything 4 this babe, down to even washing her pants, and even shaving her pubic hair (yes, I can be that mumuish, and honestly I enjoy doing things like that 4 a woman I truly love cos I want her 2 know I can do anything 4 her, since I may not be able to "buy" her "love"wink. These things actually didn't make her disrespect me persay, atleast she still gets to put up the plea n make the baby kind of voice each time she wishes I do these things 4 her, shey u get? So one day we got into an argument, that type our "beatees" call litle quarrel, which on a normal day, I would have tried to avoid (like for instance, I don't go thru a woman's phone cos I believe u must definitely find something that wouldn't really go down well with u, even if that thing is actually nothing) but in this case, she was d one who felt I was seeing someone and was trying to find out whom it was. Now, let's do d analysis at this point...she noticed my phone rang, a female name appeared n to be frank, the caller happened to be one of some chick whom liked me and was trying to show interest in me, but in all honesty, I wasn't having any interest or having anything with her (d caller), but I decide not to pick. She (my then babe) tried 2 hold and keep to herself, pretended to be pressing her phone, until d call rang d second time. At this point, she exploded, raising her voice at me, shouting "pick ur call nau!!! Is because ur fucking her that's y u don't want to pick na abi!!! If I wasn't here, u would have picked, after u will be claiming ur not fucking any other girl" lol, remembring those days rt now really puts smiles on my face. Ok so I quickly thought of d situation...i understand that it only takes someone who loves u 2 make such complaints. but even though I was angry at d way she was shouting on me, so loud that neighbors could hear her, I kept my calm and decided not to respond. Abeg did I do wrong? Am sure d answer is no. Ok she kept on yelling and one could tell that she wanted a response and she wanted to talk dirty and she was already at her peak of madness, but I still held myself, keeping mute. At this point, I remembered me, standing up to get a short to wear (cos I like being naked when am in doors), trying to leave the room so that my "elastic limit" doesn't get broken, and then I made a comment while trying to put on my clothes..."u just dey find person wey go kill u" lol, brothers and sisters, as if this babe had gotten exactly what she wanted and as if what she heard me say was "ur.......just a bitch", the next thing I saw on my face was "towaaaaaa!!!" A slap on my face...lol. I go continue in d morning abeg, sleep don dey make me feel that slap again lol. Thank God am actually on leave, so I'll have time to finish.
Sorry 4 d long epistle
Re: Domestic Violence: The Other Side Of The Story. by 4teenblaq: 12:37am On Apr 14, 2022
Op I go swear for you if you no sound the bitch back.. sad sad

What an effrontery!!!
Re: Domestic Violence: The Other Side Of The Story. by rickyboss333: 12:57am On Apr 14, 2022
4teenblaq:
Op I go swear for you if you no sound the bitch back.. sad sad

What an effrontery!!!

Taaaaaa!!!! Make I hear say e end like that. Even Jesus Christ vexed one time, carry stick scatter ppl market, spoil things , craze 4 ppl wey come turn church to market. Na me wey b dem born inside sin go collect better slap, then I go come kiss am 4 forehead in return abi?

(1) (Reply)

Very Funny Romantic Joke / Fr^https://mayweather-vs-moore.com/live/ / Don't Try This 18 Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.