Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP (13141 Views)

2023: SWAGA Kicks Against Consensus Presidential Candidacy In APC / Wike Kicks As FG Excludes Rivers From States To Benefit From Planned New Loans / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by toyini1234(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has faulted the arrangement for a consensus Presidential candidate in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Wike described the consensus arrangement as rubbish and fake news used in deceiving PDP members.

Speaking with PDP delegates and members in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, on Wednesday, the Presidential aspirant said consensus could only happen through equity, justice, and fairness.

He recalled telling a former Senate President that he would not support a consensus arraignment in PDP.

According to Wike: “I am not here for any consensus rubbish. I have told people not to deceive our party members with fake news about consensus. We all believe in consensus, but it must come with equity, justice, and fairness.

“When some of my colleagues led by the former Senate President came to me, I told them I would not fall into the consensus trap. If you want to run for election, please run, and if you are not ready, please go home.

“They want somebody who would come and bow down for them. But what the country needs now is fearless and courageous somebody.”

The likes of former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Presidential aspirant, Atiku Abubakar and some other aspirants have been clamouring for a consensus Presidential candidate for the PDP.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/14/presidency-consensus-candidate-is-rubbish-deceptive-wike-blasts-saraki-atiku-others/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1649917439

22 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Michelle70(m): 7:30am On Apr 14, 2022
Wike is the weakest among the strongest.

He can't defeat Obi, Atiku, Tinubu, Osinbajo or Amaechi in a general election.

Except SS and SE, who wan vote this man again?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by dayoscape: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2022
Alright
Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by DigitaliOT: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2022
Wike the great. Guts

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by qekng40(f): 7:38am On Apr 14, 2022
Consensus or Primaries Wike doesn't have a chance!

Who dey advice this old men sef

20 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Penguin2: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2022
Michelle70:

Wait…

Are you kidding me?

So you mean after sending Soldiers to massacre Igbo sons and daughters at Obigbo and telling the world he’s not Igbo, SE will vote for Wike?

Are you okay?

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by 4ckyou: 7:50am On Apr 14, 2022
Michelle70:

even South South will not vote him, the guy is a tout, we don't need a tout as a president, we need someone like Peter Obi or yemi osinbanjo.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by dedonfranco(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2022
Wike.......Mr Bully

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by princdebola201(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Wait…

Are you kidding me?

So you mean after sending Soldiers to massacre Igbo sons and daughters at Obigbo and telling the world he’s not Igbo, SE will vote for Wike?

Are you okay?
so we Nigerians should vote for obi that was using awkuzu sars to harvest organs of ndi anambra,and eventually killed over 100 and their body was dump in ezu river?

287 Likes 378 Shares

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Samirana360(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2022
Michelle70:

But wike is the only man that can fight insecurity in this country....quote me

5 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by aribisala0(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2022
Michelle70:

E go shock you

190 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by seunmsg(m): 7:58am On Apr 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Wait…

Are you kidding me?

Are you okay?

SE cannot vote for Wike but SS can vote for Peter Obi Pandora.

191 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Penguin2: 8:04am On Apr 14, 2022
seunmsg:

SE cannot vote for Wike but SS can vote for Peter Obi Pandora.

What does SS have against Obi that married from Akwa Ibom?

Tell me what they have against him?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Bounceboune7: 8:05am On Apr 14, 2022
Michelle70:

the weakest in d list is obi

Which strong politician does he have outside south east?
Which strong politician does he have even in south east?
Forget d online noise,election is never won online.

Obi is d least that can spend among d listed n u know politics is by mobilisation no b mouth,wike gat some clout in pdp n he's a shot caller,don't forget he has allies in d north n west.

So put some respect on d name,obi will even come last in primary cos no delegate will vote for him or u think it's by lieing to b an angel n dishing out unrealistic suggestions

190 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Penguin2: 8:11am On Apr 14, 2022
princdebola201:
so we Nigerians should vote for obi that was using awkuzu sars to harvest organs of ndi anambra,and eventually killed over 100 and their body was dump in ezu river?

I’m sure you cheer the military when they kill terrorists and bandits.

I’m sure you also cheer them when they kill IPOB members who are ‘terrorizing’ SE.

I’m sure you are also cheering Soludo for leading an offensive against ‘Ekpa Boys’ who keeps enforcing Sit-at-home.

All these killings are without trials.

But Obi should have left criminals who refused to accept olive branch extended to them, to continue to terrorize Upper Iweka and make the entire Onitsha uninhabitable?

Have you seen that your double standard stinks to high heavens and your argument so deficient and cannot stand logical dissection?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Deltatoto: 8:13am On Apr 14, 2022
4ckyou:

even South South will not vote him, the guy is a tout, we don't need a tout as a president, we need someone like Peter Obi or yemi osinbanjo.
osibanjo how?are u mad?what did he effect as vp for 7yrs.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by seunmsg(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Penguin2:

What does SS have against Obi that married from Akwa Ibom?

Tell me what they have against him?

Wike is from SS and the people of SS/SE are the same. If Wike wins picks the PDP ticket, it is still a win for the Igbo ethnic group and every eligible voters from SS and SE must support him.

184 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Penguin2: 8:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Bounceboune7:
the weakest in d list is obi

Which strong politician does he have outside south east?
Which strong politician does he have even in south east?
Forget d online noise,election is never won online.

Obi is d least that can spend among d listed n u know politics is by mobilisation no b mouth,wike gat some clout in pdp n he's a shot caller,don't forget he has allies in d north n west.

So put some respect on d name,obi will even come last in primary cos no delegate will vote for him or u think it's by lieing to b an angel n dishing out unrealistic suggestions

Yinmu

Which strong politician does he have outside the southeast you ask?

Was it southeast politicians that made him Vice Presidential candidate in 2019?

He collected the position from under the noses of these men you rate so highly and will do the same again.

8 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Penguin2: 8:23am On Apr 14, 2022
seunmsg:

Wike is from SS and the people of SS/SE are the same. If Wike wins picks the PDP ticket, it is still a win for the Igbo ethnic group and every eligible voters from SS and SE must support him.

If an Ijebu man tells the world that he’s not Yoruba but Ijebu, will the Yoruba still comfortably vote for such a man to take what is due Yoruba people in the spirit of the Yoruba brotherhood that such a man has dissociated himself from?

Will such a man still have the moral right to ask for the support of the greater Yoruba tribe of which he has said he does not belong?

The Igbo has an adage, “Ochupuru Onwe ya n’Ugbo asila n’ugbo eruteghi ya”, which can be transliterated to mean “if you remove yourself from a ship, don’t say the ship left you behind”.

Wike removed himself from the SS/SE voting bloc/union the day he disowned the Igbos. What that means is that our interest will not be protected by him.

We’ve had this argument before and I’m telling you again.

15 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Simeonjoe1: 8:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Yinmu

He collected the position from under the noses of these men you rate so highly and will do the same again.

Same thing I was thinking.
The guy was right though, Peter obi has the weakest link.
But think of it this way, imagine the ticket was zone to the south and all the northern oligard schemes out. Who will they readily support from the south? Who will Atiku support is it the uncouth wike that has called him undermined him many times or Peter obi which he's endeared to? Even they tambuwa and Saraki self might support obi(though they might go for wike too). Wike only has the structure of the south(majorly SS & maybe SW). But with atiku support obi will clear major delegate vote in the North and with some part of the south in the bag he'll emerge the candidate.
The only thing is that Atiku has 2 options if he eventually loses out of the open ticket option:
1 withdraw back to Dubai and stop playing the politics like he always does whenever he loses out
2 support a southern loyalist(Peter obi) which will be a pay back and perfect revenge for Wike.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Bounceboune7: 8:27am On Apr 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Yinmu

anybody can b a vp,osinbajo is not known in his ward n he was made d vp so it doesn't have to do with political sagacity.

In 2019,do u remember even south east governors worked against him?
Abi u never buy phone that time

177 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Simeonjoe1: 8:32am On Apr 14, 2022
Bounceboune7:
anybody can b a vp,osinbajo is not known in his ward n he was made d vp so it doesn't have to do with political sagacity.

Baba forget that thing.
Jonathan was political irrelevant too. He was made to become the vp and later becomes the president.
With the pdp ticket zone to the south and with relevant support which obi will surely get he'll defeat Wike 2times over to emerge. The only worries now is if pdp decides to throw the ticket open.

1 Like

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Penguin2: 8:32am On Apr 14, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Same thing I was thinking.
The guy was right though, Peter obi has the weakest link.
But think of it this way, imagine the ticket was zone to the south and all the northern oligard schemes out. Who will they readily support from the south? Who will Atiku support is it the uncouth wike that has called him undermined him many times or Peter obi which he's endeared to? Even they tambuwa and Saraki self might support obi(though they might go for wike too). Wike only has the structure of the south(majorly SS & maybe SW). But with atiku support obi will clear major delegate vote in the North and with some part of the south in the bag he'll emerge the candidate.
The only thing is that Atiku has 2 options if he eventually loses out of the open ticket option:
1 withdraw back to Dubai and stop playing the politics like he always does whenever he loses out
2 support a southern loyalist(Peter obi) which will be a pay back and perfect revenge for Wike.

The thing is that Wike is popular within southern PDP stakeholders but not within the populace.

Obi on the other hand, does not have similar structure within the party but is highly popular amongst the electorates and northern stakeholders especially Atiku.

Just imagine Atiku collapses his structure for Obi…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by SledgeHammerer: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2022
toyini1234:
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has faulted the arrangement for a consensus Presidential candidate in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Wike described the consensus arrangement as rubbish and fake news used in deceiving PDP members.

Speaking with PDP delegates and members in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, on Wednesday, the Presidential aspirant said consensus could only happen through equity, justice, and fairness.

He recalled telling a former Senate President that he would not support a consensus arraignment in PDP.

According to Wike: “I am not here for any consensus rubbish. I have told people not to deceive our party members with fake news about consensus. We all believe in consensus, but it must come with equity, justice, and fairness.

“When some of my colleagues led by the former Senate President came to me, I told them I would not fall into the consensus trap. If you want to run for election, please run, and if you are not ready, please go home.

“They want somebody who would come and bow down for them. But what the country needs now is fearless and courageous somebody.”

The likes of former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Presidential aspirant, Atiku Abubakar and some other aspirants have been clamouring for a consensus Presidential candidate for the PDP.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/14/presidency-consensus-candidate-is-rubbish-deceptive-wike-blasts-saraki-atiku-others/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1649917439

Wike vs Atiku for pdp ticket.
Others are wasting time.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Sachidi: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2022
I'm not against Wike's ambition but I don't see the character of a president in him at all.

Meanwhile, Buy cheap data bundles from us. All networks are available.

500MB - 150 naira

1GB - 300 naira

2GB - 600 naira

3GB - 900 nair

5GB - 1500 naira

10GB - 2800 naira

20GB - 6000 naira

Whatsapp: 08067074626

1 Like

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by nzeobi(m): 8:36am On Apr 14, 2022
Michelle70:

Who wan even vote am for SS and SE, na rivers money de intoxicate am.
Have you ever heard him say anything about how he will make the country better.
All he goes around doing is spending money and insulting others, now that he couldn't get atiku,tambuwal or PO to commit to him,he has started making noise

5 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by nzeobi(m): 8:37am On Apr 14, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Wike vs Atiku for pdp ticket.
Others are wasting time.

Where will wike get delegates from. The noise he is making in the Media is decieving you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Penguin2: 8:38am On Apr 14, 2022
Bounceboune7:

Agreed!

But it was some stakeholders outside the southeast that saw to his emergence as running mate which made southeast stakeholders to start agitation that they weren’t consulted.

You see? Obi’s strength might even be the southeast as you and your ilk think.

Those stakeholders who ensured he emerged as running mate to Atiku in 2019 are still alive and can still pull the strings they pulled then.

Which makes rubbish the claim that Obi has nobody outside the Southeast.

Doesn’t it?

7 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Bounceboune7: 8:39am On Apr 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Agreed!

But it was some stakeholders outside the southeast that saw to his emergence as running mate which made southeast stakeholders to start agitation that they weren’t consulted.

You see? Obi’s strength might even be the southeast as you and your ilk think.

Those stakeholders who ensured he emerged as running mate to Atiku in 2019 are still alive and can still pull the strings they pulled then.

Which makes rubbish the claim that Obi has nobody outside the Southeast.

Doesn’t it?
mention 3 strong political allies of Peter obi inside and outside d south east?

173 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by Bounceboune7: 8:42am On Apr 14, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Baba forget that thing.
Jonathan was political irrelevant too. He was made to become the vp and later becomes the president.
With the pdp ticket zone to the south and with relevant support which obi will surely get he'll defeat Wike 2times over to emerge. The only worries now is if pdp decides to throw the ticket open.
election is won by having strong allies n a deep pocket.

Peter obi lacks d 2 just face reality n lock up

176 Likes

Re: Wike Kicks Against Consensus Candidate For PDP by 4ckyou: 8:44am On Apr 14, 2022
Deltatoto:
osibanjo how?are u mad?what did he effect as vp for 7yrs.

Oga that is not mad, he's a VP and not a president, VP in Nigeria is ceremonial, at least he did better than all former VP combined

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Not Leaving PDP, Ignore 'Manipulated' Viral Video - Aide / Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor / Profile Of Emem Usoro, Member Of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.