Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death (19894 Views)

Court Remands Man For Defiling 9-Month-Old Baby In Lagos / Court Remands Man Over Kidnap, Murder Of His 82-Yr-Old Father In Ekiti (Graphic) / #EndSars: Court Remands Man For Allegedly Setting BRT Bus Terminal On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by EvenBlogger: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2022
An Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court in Ibadan, Oyo State, on Wednesday, ordered that a 29-year-old man, Aliu Oladeji, be remanded in a custodial centre for allegedly beating a thief to death.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the police charged Oladeji, who resides in the Ayedaade area, with conspiracy and murder.

The Magistrate, I. O. Osho, who did not take the plea of Oladeji, ordered that he should be remanded in the Abolongo Custodial Centre, Oyo town, pending legal advice.

She directed the police to return the case file to the Oyo State Directorate of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.

Osho adjourned the matter until July 4, for mention.

Earlier, the prosecution counsel, Inspector Foluke Adedosu, told the court that Oladeji conspired with others in the area to commit the offence.

Adedosu said Oladeji on March 4, around 2.30am, caused the death of one Sodiq, when he beat him up.

According to him, the offence is contrary to Section 316 and punishable under sections 319 and 324 of the Criminal Code Laws of Oyo State 2000.

https://punchng.com/oyo-court-remands-man-for-beating-thief-to-death/

1 Like

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:53am On Apr 14, 2022
Jungle justice gone wrong

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Candidlady: 9:08am On Apr 14, 2022
sad

Jungle Justice for rapists not for thieves

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by OnaSpaceship: 9:08am On Apr 14, 2022
Whiskey Whiskey Whiskey carry me go

8 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by izenco2005(m): 9:08am On Apr 14, 2022
grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Kazeem47(m): 9:08am On Apr 14, 2022
Na wa o So him go use style help the deceased thief serve him jail terms.People usually carry out jungle justice because thee police and justice systems failed us;no trust in them.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Randy100: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
My brain was already configured to seeing the "thief" as "wife" because of the recent happenings.
I don't understand what people enjoy in beating a defenceless person. I am yet to understand that shit.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by SecretReporter(f): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Wahala
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by tuoyoojo(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
If u catch thief, before beating the thief

First ask, bros u Don chop

56 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by gboyetade: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
He should be killed too
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by FuckDModz: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
grin

I'm sure he didn't do it alone. But just the way they threw Awolowo and Abiola under the bus, they've done the same to this man.

Fear Afonja.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by PlayerMeji: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by drsteroid(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
A thorough investigation should be done to unravel the cause of the alleged thief's death and fish out all those involved in this dastardly act.
Nigerians have really lost trust in our police force and the judicial system, hence, the increase in the wave of jungle justice. Our police force and judicial system ought to reformed for efficient justice delivery, this will stem the tide of jungle justice.
Jungle justice is a no for me and I will never support such. The man should face the penalty if he is found to be guilty

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by suffering: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Good. We need to do away with jungle justice. For a petty robbery someone decided to take a life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by DonCortino: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
This kontri just dey wankain undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by DreeX: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Justice well served ...Beating the thief to stupor would have been the best option.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Cerebellum: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Nna ehnnnnnnnnn.....
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by HBB1(m): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
gboyetade:
He should be killed too

grin

You mean he should be beaten to death too?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Ademola47(m): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
But on the flip, what if the thief was the one that beat the man to death?

I think this is a matter of Justifiable Homicide

7 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by DonCortino: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
gboyetade:
He should be killed too

Na your brother be the tif abi?

7 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by kasim155: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Naija my kontry

1 Like

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by crymo: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Reminds me of ALU 4
Say no to jungle justice

7 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Victerica(m): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Hmmmmm...

This life mysteries, don tire me!
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Searchingvictor: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
easy on me

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
This can only stop jungle justice but not robbery.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Born2Breed(f): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Lol. grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by crowbar(m): 9:11am On Apr 14, 2022
gboyetade:
He should be killed too

Because you are a thief too and fears the same fate will befall you?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man In Prison For Slapping Wife’s Friend / Baby Abandoned Inside A Carton In Jos (photo) / Lady Who Praised Men For Their Hardwork, Actually Stole Post From Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.