Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death (19915 Views)

Court Remands Man For Defiling 9-Month-Old Baby In Lagos / Court Remands Man Over Kidnap, Murder Of His 82-Yr-Old Father In Ekiti (Graphic) / #EndSars: Court Remands Man For Allegedly Setting BRT Bus Terminal On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by lagosrd: 9:37am On Apr 14, 2022
No oo oo, not like that ooo, its not done like that . you're only permitted to beat him with any thing that will last him for two weeks after which death comes. They won't even notice it at all.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by chikachike86(m): 9:38am On Apr 14, 2022
Ademola47:
But on the flip, what if the thief was the one that beat the man to death?

I think this is a matter of Justifiable Homicide
I like your way of thinking, but at this material time and with the fact on ground, it's not possible to establish a MOTIVE to necessitate murder in the mind of the thief at the time of committing the theft which will prove JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE.
Unless the thief was armed which will change his criminal appellation to an Armed robber, until then the accused will possibly be executed by the State as a deterrent to all Pro Jungle Justice.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by oluplus(m): 9:44am On Apr 14, 2022
tuoyoojo:
If u catch thief, before beating the thief

First ask, bros u Don chop
Like seriously? Do thieves ask if the person they want to rob has eaten?
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Fuckyoumod: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2022
Candidlady:

If rape is involved then he deserves jungle Justice

Shikena

Thieves might repent but rapists don't! Even if you castrate a rapist he'd use his finger to do the raping
the laws are clear on proven rape cases. Not the ones we see everyday in Nigeria where women weaponise rape just to get at a man.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 14, 2022
Beating a thief small should be allowed but beating him to death is murder and should attract an appropriate sentence.
This is a good sign that jungle justice is not acceptable.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Candidlady: 9:48am On Apr 14, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
the laws are clear on proven rape cases. Not the ones we see everyday in Nigeria where women weaponise rape just to get at a man.

Idont care bout the gender involved... You could scratch the _castrate_ in my post!

Be it male or female let jungle Justice be their punishment
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Shadysen: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2022
Randy100:
My brain was already configured to seeing the "thief" as "wife" because of the recent happenings.
I don't understand what people enjoy in beating a defenceless person. I am yet to understand that shit.
you touch me with this word"defenceless "
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Damiflow: 9:53am On Apr 14, 2022
Oyo people and fight
grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by hope4nigeria(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2022
MathewOG:
Congratulations sir, you are highly welcome to KIRIKIRI this is the best hotel in this area. Hope you enjoy your stay
are you the gateman or you are a notorious prisoner?
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by stanliwise(m): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2022
Randy100:
My brain was already configured to seeing the "thief" as "wife" because of the recent happenings.
I don't understand what people enjoy in beating a defenceless person. I am yet to understand that shit.
The system has failed and people don’t believe in them anymore. The scary thing is that there is now a culture of just using jungle justice as an escape route and even when the system becomes reformed. Most people will still stay stuck in Jungle justice
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Mkayfrenzy(m): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2022
emmzo:
Learn web and app design for free
Click the link
https:///message/M6DXVIH2UASSI1

All for free. You think say we mumu.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Tundex911: 10:02am On Apr 14, 2022
The Magistrate, I. O. Osho shey na you send the thief..

Reason why our leaders can't be investigate no matter what, bubu still won borrow 6billi.

Smh
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by koresh: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2022
MathewOG:
Congratulations sir, you are highly welcome to KIRIKIRI this is the best hotel in this area. Hope you enjoy your stay

Agodi not Kirikiri
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Tiana06(f): 10:08am On Apr 14, 2022
tuoyoojo:
If u catch thief, before beating the thief

First ask, bros u Don chop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws1RNO7gd7o
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Oturatetuala(m): 10:17am On Apr 14, 2022
Good. Dont take laws into your hands but na only Africans does that.

Some are innocent at times. Be guided!!!
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Originalsly: 10:18am On Apr 14, 2022
As I understand the report ... the thief was not caught in the act. The guy charged for murder conspired with others or made plans with others to beat up the guy which resulted in his death. In jungle justice there is no conspiracy where those involved meet and plan and target the victim. The charge is correct.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Imbecilicsamuel: 10:21am On Apr 14, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Jungle Justice for rapists not for thieves

Exactly.

Misplaced priorities.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Nisiw365: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Agromuda:
Welcome to Oyo State where thieves get edge over the owner. The judge must be an Ibadan Indigene.
You must be senseless. No one has the right to beat a thief to death. Its against the law. It might even be mistaken identity. No to jungle justice

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Assetosky(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2022
If cultists(thieves) break into your house in the mid night, rape your wife, shoot you and rob you;I don't think you will condemn jungle justice.

Peoples Judgment and justification of jungle justice is based on their experience. Those who have experienced terror in the hands of criminals will find it difficult to condemn jungle justice.

Ever seen where a small boy of 16years shoots a pregnant woman dead because of her purse? If you witness such, you won't condemn mob action on that same boy
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Assetosky(m): 10:40am On Apr 14, 2022
GenBuhari:
Beating a thief small should be allowed but beating him to death is murder and should attract an appropriate sentence.
This is a good sign that jungle justice is not acceptable.

Sorry to say this, but if the thief rob your mom,rape her and shoot her, will you beat him small.

Una go dey speak English because thief never do una strong thing
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Ishilove: 10:40am On Apr 14, 2022
One of the attendant ramifications of jungle justice.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by rafcrown(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2022
Nigeria is a country where farmers are wrong and Fulani herdsmen are right for destroying their farms.Where thieves are right and property owners are wrong, where hard working people are wrong but touts are right.
He should have allowed the thief to steal and harm him and escape
Zoo judgement, zoo officials.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by nedekid: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2022
Jungle justice is not always the best.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by Jungleluv5: 11:04am On Apr 14, 2022
But if the thief kill him now what judgment will you give
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by descarado: 11:10am On Apr 14, 2022
He should be jailed gor life.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by techWriter3: 11:14am On Apr 14, 2022
If u snare thief, before beating the thiefFirst question, bros u Don cutting
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by dododawa1: 11:26am On Apr 14, 2022
Searchingvictor:
Someone should please borrow me 30k till month end please abeg abeg. My landlord isn't going easy on me
Bro,life once don't let someone threatening you about money issues, NIGERIA self own CHINA,face who face you about MONEY,your landlord self know is not easy in NIGERIA presently.
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by ensamy(m): 11:31am On Apr 14, 2022
Murder charges. Death by hanging.
Say NO to jungle justice shocked shocked
Re: Oyo Court Remands Man For Beating Thief To Death by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ademola47:
But on the flip, what if the thief was the one that beat the man to death?

I think this is a matter of Justifiable Homicide

The man beat the thief to death. That doesn't sound like justifiable homicide.

Or perhaps, a more specific word for beating will help us understand his intent better.

The word beat makes it sound like the thief did not fight back or offer any reasonable form of resistance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Judges On The Run As Gunmen Invade Court In Anambra / Restaurateur Abducts His Widowed Employee’s 3 Children, Sells 2 Of Them (photos) / Police Arrest 29 Deadly Kidnappers, Recover 41 AK-47 Rifles, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.