Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? (15724 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) / Igbos, Will You Marry An Osu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by willy4: 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
Tawa-Temi:

African traditions gave room for juju or watever you call it.
African villages do have their traditions, but I still don't see any reason why you have to pin it on Ijebu people alone, or are u jealous?
Me key, jealous of Ijebu Juju never!!,
But the real truth is,
99.9% of Ijebu Lady=Juju Lady
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 15, 2007
hmnn, if every one rejects the ijebu ladies who'd marry them.even their men reject them cos they clim to want a mix breed.na God create o! embarassed shocked cool
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by na2day2(m): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2007
there is black magic every where but ijebu get the HQ and the girls na wa. the risk is way too high to really consider an ijebu girl but not necessary impossible.

Tawa-Temi:

If I may ask, have you been jazzed before?

Seems you are talking from experience because thats the only thing you were able to post on this thread.

Where are you from?

There is no village in Africa without tradition / history. African traditions gave room for juju or watever you call it. But it now depend on individual to subject him/herself to such belief in this modern age.

So my dear, prove it to me that in your so called village, there is no herbalist. smiley

And I will tell you that even in the civilised states, they believe in the word witches/ wizards and magicians.

African villages do have their traditions, but I still don't see any reason why you have to pin it on Ijebu people alone, or are u jealous? or is it because we are social and popular people?

In my house we are Ijebu, and we believe so much in the ALMIGHTY GOD and not Juju.

So come of it, the world is changing and you better move with the trend, stop the living in the past that Ijebu people are Juju people.

Unless you are talking from experince that you have been jazzed then,, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by OMUWUNMI: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2007
Tawa-Temi:

Whatever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If its to satisfy our husbands/ wifey cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
tawa temi,se o ni ido?abeg to ba ni ido gbami lago ki nwa fi ahon lado. kiss
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2007
olrotimi:

hmnn, if every one rejects the ijebu ladies who'd marry them.even their men reject them because they clim to want a mix breed.na God create o! embarassed shocked cool

someone will definitely ask for their hands in marriage. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2007
willy*2:

Me key, jealous of Ijebu Juju never!!,
But the real truth is,
99.9% of Ijebu Lady=Juju Lady

Hmnnnn , talking from experience
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2007
na2day?:

their is black magic every where but ijebu get the HQ and the girls na wa. the risk is way too high to really consider an ijebu girl but not necessary impossible.

Risk? shocked shocked shocked

Thought they say, there is no success without risk?

Why are u scared of taking risk? Success and risk are colleagues. Take a bold step to get the fact.

You said Ijebu is the HQ in juju can u prove it by producing the Office address or direction?

The fact is that you still live in the past and you fail to know that this is 21st century, so please wake up and be productive.

Ijebu people don't take nonsense and thats the reason those living in the past still  think we are wicked. And for the fact that you live very close to Ijebu land, you think they are wicked!  shocked shocked shocked  If you have the opportunity of living in other villages or towns, then you will know there are places you can't even spend a night.

What you are shying away from(Ijebu people generally), other tribes will be glad to associate with us.

Am a typical and proud Ijebu babe. Other tribes(all over the world) will be proud and lucky to have my hands in marriage. Few of my older cousins are happily married and there is no complain from their hussy's grin grin grin. as well as other Ijebu babes. 'Bi oko kan o re jinrin, egbegberun e alo' If you aint interested in Ijebu babes, thousands are struggling to have them as friends or spouse.

So its your choice and not mine, many Ijebu's are happily married without wahala. cheesy cheesy cheesy

And lastly, the problem here is not Ijebu, its individual, so stop generalising. Your town may be worst if we conduct a research.

OMUWUNMI:

tawa temi,se o ni ido?abeg to ba ni ido gbami lago ki nwa fi ahon lado. kiss

What a world cry cry cry cry

Aiye yi ti baje gan ni oooo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by willy4: 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2007
Tawa-Temi:

Why are u scared of taking risk? Success and risk are colleagues. Take a bold step to get the fact.

The fact is that you still live in the past and you fail to know that this is 21st century, so please wake up and be prod

Marrying an Ijebu lady is signing immediately by yourself, your warrant of death, Ijebu Lady is a risk that is not advisable for someone to take.
Ijebu Lady = Juju Lady
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by na2day2(m): 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2007
speak for urself ooo.

Tawa-Temi:

Risk? shocked shocked shocked

You said Ijebu is the HQ in juju can u prove it by producing the Office address or direction?

The fact is that you still live in the past and you fail to know that this is 21st century, so please wake up and be productive.

Ijebu people don't take nonsense and thats the reason those living in the past still  think we are wicked. And for the fact that you live very close to Ijebu land, you think they are wicked!  shocked shocked shocked  If you have the opportunity of living in other villages or towns, then you will know there are places you can't even spend a night.

What you are shying away from(Ijebu people generally), other tribes will be glad to associate with us.

Am a typical and proud Ijebu babe. Other tribes(all over the world) will be proud and lucky to have my hands in marriage. Few of my older cousins are happily married and there is no complain from their hussy's grin grin grin. as well as other Ijebu babes. 'Bi oko kan o re jinrin, egbegberun e alo' If you aint interested in Ijebu babes, thousands are struggling to have them as friends or spouse.

So its your choice and not mine, many Ijebu's are happily married without wahala. cheesy cheesy cheesy

And lastly, the problem here is not Ijebu, its individual, so stop generalising. Your town may be worst if we conduct a research.

What a world cry cry cry cry

Aiye yi ti baje gan ni oooo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by willy4: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2008
Tawa-Temi:

You said Ijebu is the HQ in juju can u prove it by producing the Office address or direction
Ijebu Lady = Juju Lady
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by sagacious(f): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2008
Why not ? but i don't pray for any of my brother to get involve or marry an Ijebu lady , because i have them as friend and leave among them some years back ,Ijebu versus Ijebu is the best combination.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by willy4: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2008
sagacious:

Why not ?  but i don't pray for any of my brother to get involve or marry an Ijebu lady , because i have them as friend and leave among them some years back ,Ijebu versus Ijebu is the best combination.
I appreciate your love for your brothers, For praying that they not involve or marry an Ijebu Lady which is a high risk to take, This shows how much you care for them, i wish that others will emulate from you. You are a great sister.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by tosinadeda: 12:53am On Jan 16, 2008
ijebu girl go just dey draw timetable on wen to av sex grin mayb like 2wice a month shocked
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by AloyEmeka8: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
Why not ? but i don't pray for any of my brother to get involve or marry an Ijebu lady , because i have them as friend and leave among them some years back ,Ijebu versus Ijebu is the best combination.

I will rather not pray for any brother to marry or have se/x with you lest you trap him in your closeted mind. mschew.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by tirigbosa: 6:38am On Aug 16, 2018
olat:
Let me start from here. This thread is not intended for tribalism nor ethnic profiling. I have various experience at hand. So many good ladies from the Ijebuland - intelligent, morally upright and all that. But unfortunaley as early as their suitors (or suitor's family) know they are from Ijebu. (Ijebu is a tribe from Among the Yorubas, in the South-West of Nigeria). Hey, that is the end of the relationship. Its a known fact that all other Yoruba tribes from Ibadan, to Oyo, Osun to Kwara despise an Ijebu lady. Any of their sons that marry an Ijebu lady is an 'outkast'. It looks like an epic stuff, but ironically its still much around us. So many 'myth' sorround this issue, while some are true (but could be dealth with) others are largely misconceptions and presumtions. This thread is meant to liberate the Ijebu woman and to open up other issues associated with it. I am proudly OKO IJEBU (My wife is from Ijebu). Guyz, I wish u can join me 'cos am enjoying every bit of it. Please share ur experience!

its 12years since you posted this. I want to ask how your marriage is going now. I just fall in that category of men looking to marry an ijebu lady.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by OShepherd: 4:25am On Aug 17, 2018
tirigbosa:

its 12years since you posted this. I want to ask how your marriage is going now. I just fall in that category of men looking to marry an ijebu lady.
Am also waiting to read their testimonies cos I had my own "fair" share!
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by tirigbosa: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2018
OShepherd:
Am also waiting to read their testimonies cos I had my own "fair" share!

bros, abeg share your story before I make my decision o.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Chelseafan1: 5:13am On May 03, 2019
Hmmmm, nawa oh. embarassed cry cry
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 25, 2019
I am waiting too ó. Been researching
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by geosegun(m): 7:56am On Aug 28, 2019
Nothing is wrong with Ijebu women aside their dislike for polygamy. A typical Ijebu lady can give her life for her husband's success and progress and she is very loyal but you dare not marry another woman as second wife. That's their abomination.
If you marry another wife your end is near be that o. You fit do runs if you are smart but don't marry another woman. Hence the reason most Yorubas in Kwara dislike them. You know they love polygamy in most part if Kwara. Aside that everything is superb about these jebusite women. I like the Jebu(site) people (both men and women). They are marvellous.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by theTranslator: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
Seun:
All I want to know is where I can find these lonely Ijebu ladies!
Have you found one wink grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Nigerian Languages Can You Speak? / Meanings Of Musical Instruments In Your Language / Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.