Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion (16286 Views)

Peter Psquare Apologises For Seun Kuti's Assault On Policeman, Lagos PPRO Reacts / They Have A Case With The Magistrate Not Me: Police PPRO, Muyiwa Adejobi / Police Weep Over Killing Of 2 DPOs, Officer’s Beheading, Burning Of 11 Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Abid2020(m): 8:32am On Apr 16, 2022
Trendy247:
It won't change anything.. Even sars are still operating freely
where is sars operating? Na lie

1 Like

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Donshegxy10(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2022
Only if they have the balls to do it....

Everyone are been settled, from the bottom to the top.

They are all part of the extortion and bribe taking, because they benefit from it, one way or the other.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by LegendHero(m): 8:35am On Apr 16, 2022
I gave this same solution to the police on brutality since 2020. If the Nigeria police had listened by then, maybe they would have improved by now.

Anyway, it’s not too late to mend. Let’s see if they follow through this.

LegendHero:
This is my own solution:

Introduction:
The SARS brutality is getting out of hand and it seems the government is getting clueless by the day in finding a lasting solution to the constant killings by these blood sucking demons called SARS.

Nigeria is a nation where conventional solutions always seems ineffective because of the corrupt nature of almost all agencies of government. No matter what the leadership does, these agencies will always find a way to maneuver their way and commit atrocities. Hence we need to solve this problem using a more rugged approach.

Scenario:
- Police DPOs are always informed anytime their officers are going for a raid. (Probably 75% of the time).
- Infact internal sources claimed that the DPOs sometimes set daily/weekly target for officers to meet.
- The officers get back to the station and remit a certain percentage of their loot to the DPOs daily/weekly.
- The DPOs in-turn remit a certain percentage to the commissioners & other leads on top of the hierarchy.
- Possibly, the leadership in Abuja might be part of this looting network too (assumption).

Judging from the above scenario, it will be absurd for the government to think the police head will be able to solve this police brutality on their own coz they are all guilty from top to bottom.

Proposed Solution:
- A Rep should sponsor a bill to establish a separate disciplinarian (trial) court with sole responsibility of trying cases of extortion & police brutality in the police force. (The body constitution may include the police, judiciary, etc).
- The president should assent to the bill and make it a law.
- Make a law that ALL the officers that partakes in a raid of extortion be sacked within 4 weeks (Investigation period)
- Most local police raiding guys are familiar faces. Their offices are known by people in the locality.
- The FSARS guys too can be identified with at least something. (An assumption)
- Since the DPOs most times know about their officers going out for raids, make a law that any DPO whose officer engages in a raid of extortion be either relocated to another state or he should be demoted to a regular officer. (Give them grace of three occurrences and issue warning at every instance).

Conclusion:
In my own theory, it is better to go after the top guys when trying to solve a menace coz when you shake the top, the lower cadre will fall in line. If the DPOs are held responsible for the actions of their officers, they will make sure their officers are kept in check.

This is just me thinking out loud!

2 Likes

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by jaxxy(m): 8:36am On Apr 16, 2022
They know themselves now.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Livadesh: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

Anything time I hear the word "TO" in a Nigerian context, just forget it... Nothing is going to happen. You'll hear things like PHCN to... FG to... Senate to

1 Like

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by somi: 8:42am On Apr 16, 2022
When this story come out because as at yesterday after ajangbadi near catholic church they were busy extorting commercial vehicles every night while upfront agbero doing same
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Fsglobals: 8:46am On Apr 16, 2022
Let Us Renew Your Rent Today And Pay Us Later
Call or Whatsapp:- 0701..4091...811
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by ruggedtimi(m): 8:46am On Apr 16, 2022
You go know the exact station Dem come from..
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 16, 2022
Let it be in the police law not just empty threat
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by foreshore(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

Na today!
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by kingyakos: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2022
Go and sit down! Nonsense talk, we know how nigeria is been run, it's power to the center system the whole extortion in the police zones get to the force HQ. The only way forward is restructuring and state policing

1 Like

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by F117nighthawk: 8:52am On Apr 16, 2022
Story, tales by moonlight, how many times have we been told this? Talk is always very cheap here in naija, abeg make we hear word
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Bigfish121(m): 8:54am On Apr 16, 2022
Go tell ph sars that one.omo ph sars na the worst for this country. I nor even know why sars plenty for portharcourt self.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by tjcare4u2005(m): 8:57am On Apr 16, 2022
Good move.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by kingyakos: 9:04am On Apr 16, 2022
LegendHero:
I gave this same solution to the police on brutality since 2020. If the Nigeria police had listened by then, maybe they would have improved by now.

Anyway, it’s not too late to mend. Let’s see if they follow through this.

I suggest u should pass this idea to a senator or rep. in your constituency and see if it will be taken further. It's a check mate idea

1 Like

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Coldie(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2022
Trendy247:
It won't change anything.. Even sars are still operating freely
If u no know wetin to talk y not close your mouth, them never even bring the idea up finish u want kill am with your negativity
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Coldie(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2022
Bigfish121:
Go tell ph sars that one.omo ph sars na the worst for this country. I nor even know why sars plenty for portharcourt self.
Since when?
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by slowice(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2022
Good idea but we all know that npf have never ever successfully implemented anything good and beneficial to the citizenry since inception.

I hope they succeed but we already know the drill grin

Dogs don't eat dogs undecided
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by LegendHero(m): 9:25am On Apr 16, 2022
kingyakos:

I suggest u should pass this idea to a senator or rep. in your constituency and see if it will be taken further. It's a check mate idea

I’ll consider that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by sukar886: 9:33am On Apr 16, 2022
Nice one
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Babaken(m): 9:39am On Apr 16, 2022
Na today yash de back
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Btruth: 9:42am On Apr 16, 2022
#audio
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Ohizman73(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2022
How can that be when "DPO" na bank manager"
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by precious1967(m): 10:01am On Apr 16, 2022
wrong direction
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by joetem(m): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2022
StPete:
First step in the right direction. The DPOs are the main culprits, forcing their men to "deliver" when mounting road blocks

Not the DPO , how do you expect men with gun bring paid ₦45k salary, (₦1500) daily to cope With wife and kids.... No DPO can push any man against his conscience. Its a case of survival and in the process greed and lawlessness sets in
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by ekhai(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, WHEN YOU SEND OFFICERS TO CHECK POINTS WITHOUT PROVIDING FOR THEIR FUEL AND WELFARE. THIS IS A USELESS THREAT. TAKE CARE OF YOUR OFFICERS ADEQUATELY. THE POLICE HIGH HIERARCHY ARE TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MISDEEDS OF THEIR OFFICERS ON THE HIGHWAYS.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by joshuaidibia(m): 10:25am On Apr 16, 2022
Dozis:
Believe this man at your own peril.
From DPO to IGP, they all collect returns

This man is really trying. If you follow him on Twitter you'll understand what I'm saying.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Tinubuadvocate: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2022
Anyone that familiar with police force will agree with that statement DPO are the problem of Nigerian police force.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by 4pppp(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2022
Good one because oga always have share as they collect money from people.
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by pharmagba: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

God bless the police for this.
I have always advocated for this.
It should not only be police officers involved in extortion it should be extended for all case of kidnapping and armed robberies in their territories.
Enough of DPO not being proactive.
The good / performing ones promoted and compensated handsomely and the bad / unperforming ones flushed out or demoted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Demonising Tinubu, And The Limit Of Lies....lateef Raji / 30 Dead In Boko Haram Attack On Borno Villages / Governor Lalong Patronising A Groundnut Seller iIn Jos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.