Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus (27720 Views)

2023: Tinubu’s Camp Excited As APC NEC Settles For Indirect Primary / APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo / APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Parada: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2022
The All Progressives Congress will choose its presidential candidate through an indirect primary election.

The decision was reached at the party’s 11th National Executive Committee meeting holding at the Transcorp Hotel in Abuja.

Also, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and other leaders of the party transmitted their powers to the National Working Committee of the APC to make decisions for a period of 90 days.

Among those who will be contesting the APC Presidential primary are Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Lagos governor, Bola Tinubu; the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi; Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi; and Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.

Others in the APC who are rumoured to be nursing Presidential ambitions include Ekiti State Governor and Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Kayode Fayemi; the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige. The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, is also considered a contender.

https://punchng.com/breaking-apc-settles-for-indirect-primary-rules-out-consensus/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Kazeem47(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2022
I will suggest they organise wrestling and mental evaluation among those going for the post of president.No vawulence pls.I just want to check something.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Parada: 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2022
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Simplelion: 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2022
game of highest bidder, if you know you know.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Sergio103(m): 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nice
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Lagosfinder(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
Baba tinubu on this one

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Ebubu: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
Excuse me

How is indirect primaries usually conducted

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Kestolove(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
Tinubu owo tobinu... Tinubu is d next president of Nigeria

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Dannyset(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
There is no getting the ticket through the back door.

Go all out and test your popularity.

Mediocres!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by donphilopus: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2022
Some people who ordinarily should be in the romance, sexuality or celebrity section would be here discussing and analyzing politics. It's so unfortunate!

Most people have been schooling them on how the primaries would go, but they've been depending on a non-existent "anointing". cheesy

Now that the President and NEC have given the NWC the go-ahead to do whatever they like, this indirect primary method for electing the Presidential candidate has come to stay and all the aspirants must go to the field to test their popularity.

And we all know that if APC conduct their primaries ten times, Tinubu would emerge as the Presidential candidate of the party ten times on a Wednesday afternoon (according to that weed smoker from my state). grin

So unfortunate some people are gonna wail till 2032.

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Kestolove(m): 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
Excuse me

secrets ballot wia no one knows who you are voting

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by donphilopus: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
Excuse me

Elected and statutory delegates would vote during a special convention for the Presidential primaries via secret ballot system.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Ebubu: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
Kestolove:
secrets ballot wia no one knows who you are voting
nice. Tinubu still stands a chance cos he has lots of admirers in Kano and SW

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Ebubu: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
donphilopus:

Elected and statutory delegates would vote during a special convention for the Presidential primaries via secret ballot system.
looks like tinubu still stands a chance cos he has lots of admirers in Kano and sw

Any voting puts tinubu at chance

Only consensus can tip him off

19 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Ttalk: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
Excuse me

Delegates will vote instead of general party members in a secret ballot system where each candidate cast his vote for his candidate and the winner emerges through simple majority

387 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by MonkeyMods(m): 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bullion van criminal will still lose out

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by donphilopus: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
looks like tinubu still stands a chance cos he has lots of admirers in Kano and sw

Any voting puts tinubu at chance

Only consensus can tip him off

Not only Kano and southwest bro. While the southeast can only boast of 838 delegates out of the 7800 delegates that are to participate in the convention, Kano and Katsina alone boast of 849 which is more than the entire southeast. Tinubu is the leading aspirant in these two states. Tinubu may clear the entire northwest apart from Kebbi. He can boast of at least four states in the north central if Akume supports him. If he gets three states in the northeast and clears the southwest, he would only need Edo in the South South which he would get to become the flag bearer of the party.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by osinbanjoisaliar: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
I too pity Tinubu. Him dey surrounded by d ozuorest group of people, Aswear . None of dem get sense at all. All wetin dem plan since 2019, none of dem work. Na fail dem just dey fail upanddan. D worst thing be sey, even after d failure, instead make dem learn, dem go instead start to dey celebrate deir F9. No be Tinubu fault, abeg, na d dundee United wen him pack as staff na ein don kill him lifetime retirement ambition

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Bendeco02: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2022
donphilopus:
Some people who ordinarily should be in the romance, sexuality or celebrity section would be here discussing and analyzing politics. It's so unfortunate!

Most people have been schooling them on how the primaries would go, but they've been depending on a non-existent "anointing". cheesy

Now that the President and NEC have given the NWC the go-ahead to do whatever they like, this indirect primary method for electing the Presidential candidate has come to stay and all the aspirants must go to the field to test their popularity.

And we all know that if APC conduct their primaries ten times, Tinubu would emerge as the Presidential candidate of the party ten times on a Wednesday afternoon (according to that weed smoker from my state). grin

So unfortunate some people are gonna wail till 2032.

Why una be mumu... Boasting over nothing

You think for buhari and APC chairman to agree on that, plans has not been made?

You can't even wait till the primaries hold first and see the outcome before shouting tinubu is the next president.

Later you guys will claim to know politics

574 Likes 114 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by seunmsg(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2022
Good morning Truthisunique2 grin grin grin

Let me guess your next argument; Buhari has an undisclosed plan to overrule NEC and present Amaechi as consensus candidate, right?

390 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Parada: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2022
But your Igbo tribesmen claim there will be no
Primary but consensus. What do you have to wail about that.

Bendeco02:

You think for buhari and APC chairman to agree on that, plans has not been made?

You can't even wait till the primaries hold first and see the outcome before shouting tinubu is the next president.

25 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by MikoB: 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
. No surprise here, Infact I opened a thread over this, sometimes ago, but the indirect primary its going to be just formality, the deal has been sealed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by osinbanjoisaliar: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bendeco02:

Dis Tinubu e-servants na d funniest people I don ever see for my life. Dem just dey knack dem upandan but dem no gree receive sense. Na to bury head inside ground like ostrich na him dem sabi

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Bendeco02: 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
Parada:
But your Igbo tribesmen claim there will be no
Primary but consensus. What do you have to wail about that.

Then why not wait till tinubu win the indirect primaries first before boasting?

How old are you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by bigpicture001: 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ebubu:
Excuse me

Delegates will vote and decide...

It means the delegates represented thier wards and voted as their wards wanted....The card holders in d wards imply to vote indirectly through their representatives called delegates
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by bigpicture001: 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
MikoB:
. No surprise here, Infact I opened a thread over this, sometimes ago, but the indirect primary its going to be just formality, the deal has been sealed.

You can't beat tinubu at the indirect primary... He will hand delegates 1million dollars each

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Bendeco02: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Dis Tinubu e-servants na d funniest people I don ever see for my life. Dem just dey knack dem upandan but dem no gree receive sense. Na to bury head inside ground like ostrich na him dem sabi
I just tire
Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by osinbanjoisaliar: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2022
seunmsg:
Good morning Truthisunique2. Let me guess, Buhari has an undisclosed plan to overrule NEC and present Amaechi as consensus candidate, right?

Wetin Gbajabiamila and him gang dey fight for since. Dem don finish Tinubu with this move. If Tinubu like make him empty bullion van on that day. The delegates go come convention act script, vote who Buhari don tell them to vote.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Jostoman: 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
The fear of jagaban they shake cabal and presidency. grin

12 Likes

Re: APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus by Truthisunique2: 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
seunmsg:
Good morning Truthisunique2 grin grin grin

Let me guess your next argument; Buhari has an undisclosed plan to overrule NEC and present Amaechi as consensus candidate, right?
your handlers would soon digest the document given to them and send you the memo

Spoiler alert, there is no election appeal that exist for the presidential race (even with 20 aspirants that would have difference in opinion on the election conduct)

What that means is APC is not envisaging any election and hoping for complete consesus which is the only option without need for appeal.

Check your APC consitution no party election can go on without an election appeal to go with it.

So if I were you I would be very worried because APC have fixed 3days for the supposed "special convention" which is unheld of, a gimmick of three days to pacify all fractions on consesus been the only option since election appeal can no longer be meant by law

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Proud Ibadan (pictures) / Ize-Iyamu To Appeal Court Judgement Disqualifying His Candidacy / Tinubu Hosts Emirs Of Borgu, Kontagora In Aso Villa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.