Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today (26697 Views)

How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos / PDP Governors, Party Leadership Wade Into Wike, Obaseki Rift / Insecurity: What Buhari Told Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by aminulive: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday in Abuja warned of tougher security measures in restive parts of the country, with review of operations and strategy, reassuring Nigerians that the efforts that resulted in relative peace in South-South, and rescuing of North-East from the hold of terrorists will be ramped up.

Speaking at a meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the President noted that the major security challenges have remained in the North Central and North West, saying, “We are going to be very tough.’’

“I will like us to reflect on what the situation was before we came in. How many Local Government Areas were under the control of terrorists in the North-East?

“In the South-South, we all know what the situation was; now we have relative peace. With the resources at our disposal, we have done very well.

“People are very forgetful. Our main problem now is in the North West and North Central. People are killing one another in these places, what for? We are going to be very tough,’’ he said.

President Buhari urged party members to be more mindful of the pitfalls that led to the ouster of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015.

“The PDP thought that only time could remove them, and the time actually came. They thought it was impossible to lose elections,’’ he added.

President Buhari said the APC was formed by a merger of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), some members from All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the new PDP, which was a faction of the then ruling party.

“We put together a committee with clear terms of reference on how to remove the PDP from power. The PDP thought it wasn’t going to be possible. But it happened,’’ the President said.

President Buhari told new members of the National Working Committee (NWC), which had been delegated powers of NEC for a period, to work towards keeping the party together by creating more room for discussions.

“There’s no time to develop differences among ourselves. We have no time for that,’’ he added.

The President commended Mai Mala Buni-led Caretaker/Extra-ordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) and all its members for offering themselves to serve the party at a critical moment in utmost satisfaction despite all the attendant challenges, and for organizing the National Convention that produced the NWC.

“I must also sincerely thank all the aspirants for their desire to serve but had to withdraw their aspirations for the over-all interest of our Party. I consider it an honour to my person and an unwavering sacrifice for the unity of our great party as we approach the coming elections.

“I plead with all aspirants who were not elected to put in efforts in support of the leaderships of the Party to achieve our goal of success in the forthcoming elections. Furthermore I am pleading with all litigants to withdraw cases against the Party and put faith in party mechanisms.’’

President Buhari also advised party leaders against imposing unpopular candidates on the APC.

“I enjoin you all to follow due process in all the party processes and more importantly to develop more mechanisms against corruption. I call on all party members to abide by all extant laws, rules, and regulations and to leaders of our party to avoid imposition of candidates that cannot win popular elections.

“This dictatorial behavior cost us many strategic seats in the past. In the recent past this led to some of our strong members unfortunately opting to go elsewhere because of unfairly oppressive behavior of party leaders at state level.

“I must caution strongly against any tendency towards developing cliques, in–fighting within the party. We want to win well not succumb to factions on account of personal acerbities and desire to retain control at all costs. That surely is not the road to win,’’ he said.

President Buhari also congratulated the new National Chairman of APC, Sen. Abdullahi Adamu, and the entire NWC members.

“You came in at a critical time and the entire party has a high expectation from you. The critical task ahead of you remains to continue to forge the unity of purpose among party members and to keep securing needful compromises in the interest of our great party,’’ the President noted.

President Buhari felicitated with party leaders and members for successfully conducting the Ward, Local Government, State Congresses, and the National Convention, in compliance with the Party Constitution.

“I enjoin you all to recognize the place of due process in all our tasks as managers of the party. We must develop party in-built mechanisms against corruption. Our success in 2023 will depend more on our capacity to respect our own extant rules, and regulations.

“Now that NEC has vested its powers in NWC for the time being, as requested, and in compliance with the Party Constitution in the overall interest of the Party, I want to assure Mr. Chairman and the entire NWC members of my full support,’’ he said.

In his remark, the APC Chairman appreciated President Buhari for always working for the unity and survival of the party, assuring that the NWC will further unite the party, and ensure victory at the polls.

“We must succeed, failure is not an option,’’ the APC Chairman said.

The NEC meeting was attended by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President, Dr Ahmad Lawan, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, other principal officers of the National Assembly, APC governors and state party chairmen.

https://politicsnigeria.com/2023-presidency-what-buhari-told-govs-party-leaders/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by helinues: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
Familiar lyrics

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
Las las na weytin d dictator Buhari want dem go do. APC na CULT, Buhari na CULT LEADER.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Maxymilliano(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
the President noted that the major security challenges have remained in the North Central and North West, saying, “We are going to be very tough
.’
Lol ... Na today ?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Obagofixxy: 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
some people go waste money for this election, money wey i go use dey alright, if i get 100m wetin i one be president for again

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by softwareman(m): 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
jerseyboy:
Las las na wetin Buhari want dem go do. D man na dictator and APC na CULT.
Due process. NO IMPOSITION.

Bad news for those BANKING ON ANOINTING OIL!!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Sadstoner: 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hmmm

Fear woman before u fear APC

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by slawormiir: 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Mooh247: 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Self angrandization
Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Whazar(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Okay

Let everyone test their popularity jare

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Interesting
Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Dannyset(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
grin

No back door to the ticket.

Consensus is dead on arrival

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by PrinceOfLagos: 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
Baba himself

The destroyer of Tinubu ambition

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ẹ̀yin APC,

Gbogbo yín ti ya wèrè.

Party of crazy people and the morally decadent whores from PDP.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by tutudesz: 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
"In the South-South, we all know what the situation was; now we have relative peace"
General Buhari!! South South was very peaceful before you came into power.
Bokoharam was the only issue facing Nigeria, but now we have UGM, Bandits and Iswa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Kingoslo(m): 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ah.... Like play like play dis man complete him tenure... we see shege for this guy hand... nothing last... we will be alive to see their end.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by iwaeda: 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/2023-presidency-what-buhari-told-govs-party-leaders/

How many States are under bandits and terrorists, even his Katsina is worse off, not to mention Niger grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Reality3080: 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
O setigo
Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by datola: 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
President Buhari also advised party leaders against imposing unpopular candidates on the APC.[i][/i]

Hmm.... Time shall tell.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by owiko(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
E
Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by ikpumbe(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
softwareman:

Due process. NO IMPOSITION.

Bad news for those BANKING ON ANOINTING OIL!!

Keep selling your conscience for a cup of tea

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by seyz91(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
cheesy
Obagofixxy:
some people go waste money for this election, money wey i go use dey alright, if i get 100m wetin i one be president for again
Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by illuminutty: 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
Amaechi 2023.

Amaechi: Baba, look at that man wearing pampers that wants to be president.

Bubu: Don't mind that joker.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by Gentlerespect76: 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
“This dictatorial behavior cost us many strategic seats in the past. In the recent past this led to some of our strong members unfortunately opting to go elsewhere because of unfairly oppressive behavior of party leaders at state level.
Could this man be referring to Oshe"nubu? grin

9 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today by EjaikreTheViper(f): 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2022
On the mandate of the pee-poo's choice we stand. More bed wetting for Tinubu the criminal!!! cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supporting Buhari Was A Serious Mistake — Fawehinmi / Nigeria May Lose Niger Republic’s $665m Yearly Energy Cash / IPOB, Ambazonian Enjoying Global Sympathy - Babagana Monguno, NSA Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.