Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos (27323 Views)

APC Mocks Jandor Over Frosty Relationship With PDP Governors, Party Elders / 2023 Presidency: What Buhari Told Governors, Party Leaders At NEC Meeting Today / PDP Governors, Party Leadership Wade Into Wike, Obaseki Rift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by bennybuhari: 6:48am On Oct 21, 2022
All is not well within the La­gos State chapter of the Peo­ples Democratic Party (PDP) as the party’s governorship candidate, Olajide Adediran, popularly known as Jandor, is at daggers drawn with party elders in the state.

Stakeholders in the party are also worried that with the current situation, the PDP’s dream of winning the governorship election which has remained elusive since 1999 might just be a mirage or pipe-dream.

In January 2022, five PDP governors, Seyi Makinde (Oyo State); Okezie Ikpeazu, (Abia State); Udom Emman­uel (Akwa Ibom), Ifeanyi Ug­wuanyi (Enugu) and Nyesom Wike (Rivers) alongside the PDP National Chairman, Iy­orchia Ayu attended the rally where Jandor, a former chief­tain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) was received into the PDP.

However, not a few were sur­prised on Tuesday when Wike, while speaking at a conference organised by the wives of La­gos State officials, said he is in support of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s administration because he is doing well. He also described Sanwo-Olu as a “friend who will be a sec­ond-term governor”.

According to credible sourc­es, in the party who spoke with Daily Independent, Jandor’s relationship with the PDP gov­ernors became strained on the day of his defection while that of the party elders has to do with the choice of his running mate which he was said to have unilaterally picked without any consultation.

A member of the State Working Committee who asked that his name be kept secret said Jandor never con­sulted anybody including Chief Olabode George, the apex leader of the party, before arriving at the choice of Funke Akindele as his running mate.

"I won’t lie to you all is not well within the party but we are trying to manage the situation. Honestly, others may be sur­prised but Governor Wike’s ac­tion didn’t come as a surprise to me because they have seen that he is not what he claims to be”.

"When he joined us from APC, he told the PDP gover­nors that he has 15 million supporters who are ready to come with him to PDP".

"On the day of the rally, the governors were shocked and kept asking ‘where is the 15 million mem­bers?’ I remembered Governor Seyi Makinde angrily saying that if they don’t finish the programme in 10 minutes, they will leave as they have other engagements. The governors were hugely disappointed.

“Now look at the issue of his running mate, Funke Akinde­le. Recently, Chief Olabode George granted an interview with News Central TV few days ago where he accused Jandor of lying to him on the issue of his running mate. He said after agreeing to work with Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, one of the gov­ernorship aspirants, Jandor reneged on his promises and informed the party leaders he has chosen Funke Akindele.

“He never consulted with the state executives of the party or any of the party leaders before choosing Funke Akindele. He only called the chairman of the Lagos PDP Elders Committee and former Minister of Cooperation and Integration in Africa, Dr. Bim­boOgunkelu, to come to his house that he wants to inform him of his choice of running mate.

“I learnt he also called Capt. Tunji Shelle, a former state chairman of the party to come to his house but he (Shelle) de­clined. It was when Ogunkelu went to his house that he (Jan­dor) announced that he has picked Funke Akindele as his running mate.

“You joined a party in Janu­ary 2022 and you are behaving as if you know more than those you met on ground. Little won­der he was having issues with the party leaders in his former party. We are trying to make things work but the truth is that all is not well at all and I don’t blame Wike.”

When contacted, Jandor said he picked Funke Akindele in exercising his constitutional right as the party’s governor­ship candidate. He also said he presented her to all the party leaders before she was unveiled to the public.

“I exercised my constitu­tional right in picking Funke Akindele and I presented her to all leaders of party before unveiling her publicly”.

Also speaking on the claim that he lied to the governors about the strength of his follow­ership in Lagos State, he said, “I am sure you covered the event of our crossing over to the PDP and you can tell what you saw there”.

“We have 151,000 members in Lagos4Lagos and we were only able to mobilise 40,000 to TBS for logistic reasons”.

Jandor also denied claims that he collected huge sums from the Adeleke family which he has refused to release to the party for mobilisation.

“Why would the Adelekes give me money? What for? I have only been to His Excel­lency, Ademola Adeleke, twice, once before his election and the second time during his elec­tion. So what should he have given me money for? Was it to campaign for him in Oshogbo where I do not have structure or to do what? So, I didn’t collect money from the Adelekes”, he said.

https://independent.ng/how-jandor-fell-out-with-pdp-governors-party-elders-in-lagos/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by DesignMaestro(m): 7:02am On Oct 21, 2022
Bunch of unserious elements

<><> BAT '23....... Sanwo-Olu sanwo Eko leekan siii!

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 7:36am On Oct 21, 2022
PDP is such an unserious party especially given the way they've managed their party affairs in Lagos. People have always shown massive support for an opposition party like PDP in the state but the party has consistently failed to return the good gesture.

Fashola (in his first election) struggled to defeat PDP. Same with Ambode and Sanwo-Olu, all thanks to the people.

Many people are tired of Tinubu's hegemony and how the state has failed to open its books. You go about taxing people, including big and small industries yet fail to open your books for people to see what you do with their money. Nobody knows what is being spent in Alausa and for what purpose.

Years after Jonathan signed the FOI bill, we are still waiting for Lagos state to implement same at the state level, all because of one man's greed.

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by hisexcellency34: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2022
PDP and money issues always

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Racoon(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2022
Una palava! APC, PDP or Labour Party, Nigeria needs to decide her destiny well for the next four democratic years again.

51 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:48am On Oct 21, 2022
Jandor is a scam
Simplicita

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:49am On Oct 21, 2022
Acidosis:
PDP is such an unserious party especially given the way they've managed their party affairs in Lagos. People have always shown massive support for an opposition party like PDP in the state but the party has consistently failed to return the good gesture.

Fashola (in his first election) struggled to defeat PDP. Same with Ambode and Sanwo-Olu, all thanks to the people.

Many people are tired of Tinubu's hegemony and how the state has failed to open its books. You go about taxing people, including big and small industries yet fail to open your books for people to see what you do with their money. Nobody knows what is being spent in Alausa and for what purpose.

Years after Jonathan signed the FOI bill, we are still waiting for Lagos state to implement same at the state level, all because of one man's greed.

That foi bill will never see the light of the day in Lagos
How will Obasa fill his fat belly to start with if such bill exists

58 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Sammy07: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2022
Acidosis:

APC - 739,445
PDP - 206,141 votes

APC - 811,994
PDP - 659,788

ACN-1,509,113
PDP-300,450

AC - 599,300
PDP - 383,956

So how did they struggled to win election?
Osun 2018 election APC struggled to win it. (wit less than 1,000 votes)

Osun 2022 election PDP struggled to win with less than (50k votes)

on FOI BILL
Only two states, Ekiti and Imo have passed its own version of the FOI Act, while the other 34 states are not willing to adopt that of the Federal Government neither are they willing to pass the state version of the law.
SOURCE (Guardian newspaper, May 30, 2021)

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by christejames(m): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2022
The major opposition in Lagos against Sanwo-Olu Is Gbadebo Vivor-Rhodes (GRV) of Labour Party and as things stand, he will give Sanwo-Olu a good run for his money cool

Jandor just proved that he is still a political neophyte.

12 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by oluwaseyi0: 8:34am On Oct 21, 2022
N
Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Akfrenzy(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022
grin Only his name will tell u that he's unserious

He even choosed a woman that her home was in tomiol to the extent that the marriage crashed and she started taking pictures with Jandor abi kini as her new hubby grin grin

So party elders want to have a share of the kpekus but it's like this guy is stingy even with kpekus

16 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by rajiedreez: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022
grin his arrogance and deceit will cost him his political career

8 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by fredoooooo: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022
E no burst their head with Bottle..? grin
House built on lies .... grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by PStacks(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022
Wike never lies

1 Like

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by KingOfTheDamned: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022
grin
Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by JosephXavier: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022
PDP has most of the best politicians in their camp but for the sake of greed would always sell their ticket to the highest bidder

Rooting for Atiku instead of a character like Obi is a typical example of what is happening in PDP

They are not ready to regain power

9 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by muazuabdullahi: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGGBx57X1VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGGBx57X1VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0EdHDw6-1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPNKjcXaR_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqE78Ecxq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DimQi1691Sg
Labour Party Is Not A Direct Beneficiary Of The #EndSARS Movement – Baba-Ahmed

"We never wanted any Nigerian whatsoever to be attacked. Accordingly, I cannot really say and be happy that we are direct beneficiaries

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by robinso01(m): 8:35am On Oct 21, 2022
The beginning of the end
Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Millimann: 8:36am On Oct 21, 2022
Na dem sabi
Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Zico5(m): 8:37am On Oct 21, 2022
This Jandor is just wasting his time. Well, he is seeking for political popularity. He will soon join Tinubu in APC like Agbaje did. No one is fighting for the masses, they are all after enriching themselves and their families. Nigeria is truly in problem.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by chrisxxx(m): 8:37am On Oct 21, 2022
E don finish
Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by kufre2010: 8:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Jandor is Tinubu's boy. Someone Tinubu sponsor to get PDP tickets

4 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Okay
Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Is04970: 8:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Acidosis:

Why not relocate to a PDP state like Abia?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by Antoeni(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2022
Jandor is not a Salable candidate
Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by KehnnyKay(m): 8:39am On Oct 21, 2022
I started masturbating at the age of 14 and I'm 24 years old now it's hard for me to put stop to it despite how hard I've tried. I can't go 2 days without masturbating and it's already killing me both physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Any day I masturbate I will be exhausted for more than 2 hours before I can come back to my normal self... It's already getting out of hand and I need help. I can't discuss this with anyone close to me because they would be so disappointed in me and I might end up getting more hurt emotionally. Please I need help!!!

6 Likes

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by inoki247: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2022
lol we always tell people Lagos no get opposition buh dem no go hear....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jandor Fell Out With PDP Governors, Party Elders In Lagos by emmanuelbrown26: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2022
Jandor! U don't play personal game in politics, u carry everybody along. Jandor is barely 1 year in d party, so why acting like somebody that has being their for decades.
In party, u hv elders, u hv field officers, u hv coordinators and u must carry them along.
But for now, our concentration na to dey choke d urchins back to back
Some people go leave their duty post of buying pampers and sleeping pills for baba, when baba go fire dem now, dem go dey rant online say no work.

47 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke / Violence Breaks Out At Ekiti APC Primary, Ballot Boxes Missing / EFCC Gets Petition Against Jonathan Over Arms Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.