Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) (41049 Views)

Nigerians like ‘Tweeting on WhatsApp’: Tinubu / El-Rufai Mocks Buhari’s Twitter Ban, Says He’s Tweeting From Abroad / What Tinubu said about Ambode's impeachment after Crucial Meeting with APC leade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Kdon2: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418528/twitting-whatsapp-tinubu-commits-blunder-addressing-youths-lagos-rally-video/

I sincerely hope this nonsense is not true, may be some film editing guru at work if not Nigeria is in for another round of shit Ordinarily the man don too old by Nigeria content. Nigeria no be balanced advanced country abeg. Tweeting on watsapp kwa!
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Temptee101(m): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2022
Nigerians the signs are everywhere.

Imagine having another Buhari for 8 years.

Chai, God forbid.

Nigerians run for your life.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by aribisala0(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

The whole idea behind the word tweet is to be heard or reach out. Either by sound or a written short message. Don't forget the word tweet was already extant before the app twitter came into existence.

Expand your brain to learn new things. Most of you are impervious to learning.
You are correct that the word was there

But which word was Tinubu using the old one or the new one only he knows. Either way , in my opinion, it does not matter .

Rather than getting embroiled in an unnecessary "defence" of the indefensible why not just point out that whether or not he made a mistake it is not relevant. That is more pragmatic
Trying to defend it or explain it or justify it won't work .The only person that can do that is Tinubu

Anyway Tinubu will not succeed in this venture. Where are the cows?

That message

"where are the cows"?

Certainly can be characterized as a Tweet
If not on Twitter in the Yoruba consciousness

1 Like

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2022
VaselineCrew:

The few sane Nigerians need to be separated from people like you.

So that our own side can have electricity, water and sanity, while you continue to swim in open gutter in your own side.

Sharap! What development do you have in your dirty Abia state? Lunatic!
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by sogodihno: 11:47am On Apr 21, 2022
livebyday:

Why not be calm and stop running scared? cheesy grin if you didn't violate any rules the mods will ignore my reports but if truly you did . You will be banned

You will hang yourself eventually, if I am ban, your account will be banned too. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by livebyday(m): 11:48am On Apr 21, 2022
sogodihno:

You will hang yourself eventually, if I am ban, your account will be banned too. grin grin

You still don't get it... But don't worry slowly like all the others over the years, you will come to understand that on this forum, you and I cannot and will never be the same. You are just an ordinary member grin
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by sfx9ja(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

OP your school fees na waste. The joke is actually on you. Most of you think twitting means writing on twitter. Hahahahahahahaha....you guys are truly lazy youths. You're too mentally lazy. Imagine! Lol....

Please go and find out the meaning of twitting in the dictionary and stop embarrassing your parents who laboured to pay your school fees.
Guy it's not twitting. Its tweeting. You ma sef no try.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by maryalloy(f): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Who are those twitting on wattapp grin grin
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by theultimatep3(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2022
aribisala0:

But which word was Tinubu using the old one or the new one only he knows. Either way , in my opinion, it does not matter .

Rather than getting embroiled in an unnecessary "defence" of the indefensible why not just point out that whether or not he made a mistake it is not relevant. That is more pragmatic
Trying to defend it or explain it or justify it won't work .The only person that can do that is Tinubu

That message

"where are the cows"?

Twitting is different from tweeting.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Jas80:

You like BAT well well o

Tinubu is simply the best in this race. No cap!
Best manager of human and material resources. The senate president called him leader of leaders.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Igbofam:

TWITTING is very correct. Stop assuming he meant TWEETING simply because both words sound the same.

Contextually the term TWITTING ON WHATSAPP is very correct

"Do you know how many of you, tweeting on WhatsApp right now?". This was his exact speech. Are you saying he meant "taunting on WhatsApp "? If yes, taunting who? Tinubu don cast already, don't cast with him please grin

1 Like

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by sogodihno: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2022
livebyday:

You still don't get it... But don't worry slowly like all the others over the years, you will come to understand that on this forum, you and I cannot and will never be the same. You are just an ordinary member grin

And you are mod? grin grin

Meanwhile, i am enjoying your tears, keep it coming. I am bringing a bucket grin grin
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

Tinubu is simply the best in this race. No cap!
Best manager of human and material resources. The senate president called him leader of leaders.

Leave those senate alone. They won't make up to 10% of delegates. Be calm grin grin grin
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Rodeoz(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2022
One of the few unfortunate people that are ruining this country. Your ignorance irks me.

GeneralPula:
So?

I don’t think he’s wrong cuz Tweeting means posting..

Tinubu isn’t my 2023 presidential candidate but all these things no stop person to run better government..
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by livebyday(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2022
sogodihno:

And you are mod? grin grin

Meanwhile, i am enjoying your tears, keep it coming. I am bringing a bucket grin grin

Be calm
.. both your accounts are going down . Be good next time grin
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Cyriloha(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2022
Guys sincerely something is not right in Nigeria I'm telling you we are been doomed and held by evil men at the top
This is not a matter of Tinubu, PDP or APC or matter of DStv and MorePlex tv ... Nigeria need total resetting and formatting like Ghana did that year � cry!�
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2022
fratermathy:

See image for the dictionary definition of “twitting” - I assume the second one is what you meant based on how you use it as a verb.

And yes, I know twitting, which is captured in your post, is not the same as tweeting (which would be more appropriate but also has its primary semantic field in the context of Twitter).

The whole idea behind the word tweet is to be heard or reach out. Either by sound or a written short message. Don't forget the word tweet was already extant before the app twitter came into existence.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Igbofam: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2022
DesChyko:

God forbid it if it's the kind of education you're flaunting here. The appropriate vocabulary associated with social media is tweet. Tinubu got it wrong and quite frankly,with the quality of English he speaks currently, you can't expect anything less. Period.

You're practically forcing a mostly negative word like twit (blame, reproach, taunt) to fit into friendly terms and ordinarily àssociated with social media. Who are you fooling? Step of your pathetic high horse

God forbid these levels of illiteracy inherent in you.

The appropriate vocabulary for TWITTER and not general social media is TWEET.

However the appropriate vocabulary for ALL SOCIAL MEDIA WHEN IT COMES TO FUN BANTER IS TWIT.

Understand and know the difference and this was why Lexico clearly differentiated both. Read the attachment again and this time slowly since you appear slow on the uptake

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2022
ityP:

Leave those senate alone. They won't make up to 10% of delegates. Be calm grin grin grin

Lol....u don come again.
Who come be d delegates wey mk up d other 90percent?
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Igbofam: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2022
ityP:

"Do you know how many of you, tweeting[b]TWITTING on WhatsApp right now?"[/b]. This was his exact speech. Are you saying he meant "taunting on WhatsApp "? If yes, taunting who? Tinubu don cast already, don't cast with him please grin

Corrected!
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by sogodihno: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2022
livebyday:

Be calm
.. both your accounts are going down . Be good next time grin

Both my account? grin grin.

And you not an ordinary nairalander, you will get sense eventually
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 11:55am On Apr 21, 2022
Igbofam:

Corrected!

Lol. Tinubu urchins eh
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 21, 2022
Igbofam:

If the word used is TWITTING then Tinubu did not make any mistake because we can TWIT on Whatsapp or via SMS messaging or by email or even by word of mouth.

TWITTING simply means to Tease or taunt (someone), especially in a good-humoured way

It can be done via any means of communication and not specifically for Twitter.
You sound like puke! intelligent illiterate!!!
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Juicy1945: 11:57am On Apr 21, 2022
Hahaha �� I no fit laugh, our sim card is registered with nipp.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by MedicH: 11:57am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

I am a Fool from the womb.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Ochelyko1: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

Oga u are really a bad teacher at a very least. U know for sure that twitting is not a dictionary word. So why didn't u use the right word for it from the beginning?

But still dat doesn't draw any meaning to what the subject matter said concerning Tinubu word of tweeting not ur own word twitting they are two different word and meaning.
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
aribisala0:

That message

"where are the cows"?

Tinubu actually meant twitting. You know alot of banters on whatsapp too.

He confided in me.

As for 2023 forget e sure for jagaban
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by ityP(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

Lol....u don come again.
Who come be d delegates wey mk up d other 90percent?

This Tinubu people. Una love to respond without thinking. How many delegates are coming for the primaries to vote? 7800 delegates. How many senators are APC members? 67. Is 67 10% of 7800? Ok. Add HOR members. They are about 236. Add with the 67. 301. Is 301 10% of 7800? Haba. Why una dey rush to talk abeg? I don tire for una
Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ochelyko1:

Oga u are really a bad teacher at a very least. U know for sure that twitting is not a dictionary word. So why didn't u use the right word for it from the beginning?

But still dat doesn't draw any meaning to what the subject matter said concerning Tinubu word of tweeting not ur own word twitting they are two different word and meaning.

How do you know he meant tweeting and not twitting? It was spoken not written. But he confided in me so I know.

Re: The Moment Tinubu Said 'Tweeting On WhatsApp' (Video) by samuelson06(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
GeneralPula:
So?

I don’t think he’s wrong cuz Tweeting means posting..

Tinubu isn’t my 2023 presidential candidate but all these things no stop person to run better government..

Tweeting means posting on Twitter only. The word is actually a derivative from the Twitter site.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

"I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa After I Sent Him To Benue" - Buhari / 1$ At 180 Tweet, Ben Bruce And Others Come For Die Hard APC Supporter / Elisha Abbo: Reactions As Remi Tinubu Makes Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.