Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? (38665 Views)

If U Say U Are An Intelectual! And You Have Not Read This Book U Are Jonzing / Who Remembers This? This Was Fun Growing Up .... / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Speedo17(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
JESUS CHRIST!!! Now I understand how my vocabulary and words appreciation developed
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yes I did & wakama for book 6

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by peace0813(f): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Easyincome24:
This book right here made our childhood days awesome.

Teachers then ensured we commit it to memory even if one couldn't pronounce or identify each word for word.

As I try to reminisce about this book. I could aptly see how our culture was portrayed in the book usually a one in a million for primary three pupils.

Our education standard was still something to reckon with back then.

Try to read between the lines, you will understand that a family is a unit that is very important in a community.

If a home fails to bring up their children uprightly, it's sure that the society will be wrecked.

Try to revisit all these books used way back in the 80's and 90's you will understand why values should be taught from homes before expecting teachers and government to emulate same.

My love for this book and the characters knows no bounds.

Share your experience Nairalanders.

Agbo live in the town of Lagoon

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by dreofGod(m): 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
007Marvel:
Gold old days! Old is gold
Oooh men! That second picture in those days ehn......
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by judedwriter(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
Standard of education was so high then... It has fallen sharply as most schools are looking for profit at the expense of students.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Noblewealth(m): 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yes I did, we call it "reader" back then.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Rubbiish(m): 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
wilzindinero:
how I wish could go back to those happy yrs when life was not as complex as it is now
Life has always been complex
Just that your parents were the ones carrying all the load when u were much younger, reason u felt life was easy. Now u are growing up & they are gradually leaving u to your responsibilities...then u now think life is different

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Petyprince: 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
post=112148461:
.......This and many others.

The good ol' days when men were boys.
And women were girls.
And virginity was sweet cool

Those are realy the good old days!
Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink
Without A Silver Spoon Still looking for it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by smiliyB(f): 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
likeorshare:
Like if you did,share if you didn't.
I did and I really love that book. If I see it in the market now I'll buy again cheesy cheesy cheesy that's the length of my love for the book

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by tollyboy5(m): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
Candidlady:
sad
E be like sey dis 1 no fit relate.

Seth awon nowadays simbi goes to hotel lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
Sure
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Olarotimi8: 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
Sure read it back then
Very interesting book
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Ikaosunwon(m): 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
Primary 2 or primary 1 uses this depending on school.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by justiniyke29: 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
dollynnn:

I think this was read in Primary 1
I think you are right, with Ali and simbi.
Edet lives in calabar should be primary 2

Wakama and Kunle maybe primary 3 or 4

Malam gandoki lol still remember some of those stories

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Joseph830: 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hmmmmm
We read to know then,not anymore

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Adesina18111(m): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
What a way to smile back at memory...
Ali and Simbi for primary 2
Edet for primary 3
Agbo for primary 4
Mr Ajao was a poor farmer for primary 5
Emeka and Wakama for primary 6

Don't forget ALAWIYE YORUBA too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Indomie generation you missed alot ooo

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by duchessvikki0(f): 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yes o
Reading is a hobby I've not dropped since childhood.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by jericco1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
Primary 3 yes
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by nurudeen181(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
the picture made me smile..

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by RSVP: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
Muhylonaire007:
Yes o...
Those good old days when we actually thought education was the way...
We never knew what the future would look like back then.

We no fit whine waist like the present day 10 years old....

You made alot of sense.
I don't know for other countries but education in Nigerian isn't encouraging anymore.
Nigeria system has killed so many brilliant sharp mind.. funny enuf I still remember few poems and some of my nursery sch class mate full names and that was over 3 decade ago.
Na only God knows how life is treating most of them now....

That time weh we dey use 2b pencil and all those old 20 leaves exercise books write stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Bahamas95(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Back then it was Simbi goes to School

Now in 2022 its Simbi goes to Hotel cry cry
You're right.

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Psoul(m): 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
Easyincome24:
This book right here made our childhood days awesome.

Teachers then ensured we commit it to memory even if one couldn't pronounce or identify each word for word.

As I try to reminisce about this book. I could aptly see how our culture was portrayed in the book usually a one in a million for primary three pupils.

Our education standard was still something to reckon with back then.

Try to read between the lines, you will understand that a family is a unit that is very important in a community.

If a home fails to bring up their children uprightly, it's sure that the society will be wrecked.

Try to revisit all these books used way back in the 80's and 90's you will understand why values should be taught from homes before expecting teachers and government to emulate same.

My love for this book and the characters knows no bounds.

Share your experience Nairalanders.

That one na recent naa.
See the one we used.
Anytime u heard that Mathematics test or exam is going to come from Lacombe's pupils will just start crying. Lacombe's maths is where you test your mathematics ability. We used it in Primary 5 and 6.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Ikaosunwon(m): 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
Adesina18111:
What a way to smile back at memory...
Ali and Simbi for primary 2
Edet for primary 3
Agbo for primary 4
Mr Ajao was a poor farmer for primary 5
Emeka and Wakama for primary 6

Don't forget ALAWIYE YORUBA too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Indomie generation you missed alot ooo

I think Emeka and Wakama was Primary 5

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
insidelife22:
I did in 2004,wont forget
I read this in 1998
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Maximar: 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
Mr & Mrs Nwosu
Ali & Simbi, the salami's
Edet, Agbo
Wakama & Emeka & Kunle
Mallam Gandoki
Owie & his flute

Lol
memories...
E go even dey sweet you to read those stories back then

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by gentleguy1975: 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
I read Eze goes to school, things fall apart,weep not child, without a silver spoon, passport of Mallam illia, the drummer boy,an African night entertainment to mention but a few

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by africanman85: 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
post=112148461:
.......This and many others.

The good ol' days when men were boys.
And women were girls.
And virginity was sweet cool

Those are realy the good old days!
Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

You can say that again Sir.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Wooooow bro, kill me.....
The good old days
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by SeunNotOwner: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
Adonis86:
I can only remember the Edet that traveled from oron to ikot ekpene... Over 30 years ago and nothing was heard of him again. �

Macmillan Book 4 or 5
There was once a village called Areta... where many people were farmers, some were traders and some were fishermen

It was around 2007 I got to know that Areta was an actual an existing village, South-West of Abuja

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Ayatullah(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
These are great books that shape the good men and women of today grammatically and morally.

The ministry of education should consider opening a digital library online for these books to be accessed by men of all ages.

It is also worth it introducing some of these books in our schools, it will go a long way reshaping our Chrisland Schools Children and their likes.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Desultan(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
ChizzyBuna:

One of the authors W. Ijeoma was my primary school teacher back then.
Good ol days

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by simpleseyi: 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Treasure17:
Having a nostalgic feeling right now. Read This book like mad.

Definitely, you have crossed 40 years. By now, you should have grandchildren. Congrats my brethren. Old age signifies Wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by wiseone28: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
ChizzyBuna:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt / Tosin Durodola Is 2nd World Best Thesis Writer / Pictures Of OAU Swimming Pool And Sports Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.