Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? (38574 Views)

Only Legends Will Remember This Book . / If U Say U Are An Intelectual! And You Have Not Read This Book U Are Jonzing / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Easyincome24: 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
This book right here made our childhood days awesome.

Teachers then ensured we commit it to memory even if one couldn't pronounce or identify each word for word.

As I try to reminisce about this book. I could aptly see how our culture was portrayed in the book usually a one in a million for primary three pupils.

Our education standard was still something to reckon with back then.

Try to read between the lines, you will understand that a family is a unit that is very important in a community.

If a home fails to bring up their children uprightly, it's sure that the society will be wrecked.

Try to revisit all these books used way back in the 80's and 90's you will understand why values should be taught from homes before expecting teachers and government to emulate same.

My love for this book and the characters knows no bounds.

Share your experience Nairalanders.

118 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
Like if you did,share if you didn't.

1078 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Treasure17(m): 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
Having a nostalgic feeling right now. Read This book like mad.

183 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Easyincome24: 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
Treasure17:
Having a nostalgic feeling right now. Read This book like mad.

I tell you. One can still recite the lines verbatim.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by insidelife22(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
I did in 2004,wont forget

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Easyincome24: 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
insidelife22:
I did in 2004,wont forget
What's the experience like back then?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Sndfrank: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
Read this book that year

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Easyincome24: 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Sndfrank:
Read this book that year
What year is that?

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
.......This and many others.

The good ol' days when men were boys.
And women were girls.
And virginity was sweet cool

kasim155:

Whaooo the good old days, From pic, I read, The God's are not to blame, Things fall apart, Eze goes to school, Chike and the River, Story my mother told me, College days of John Ojo, Echo of the dark, Without a silver spoon, etc
Those are realy the good old days!
Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

Anakazo22:

These are the kind of books our kids should read, really inspirational and has so much moral values in them
You can say that again Sir.
Truer words have never been spoken.

100 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by benikad(m): 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
People don old for this forum o grin

Kids on Nairaland won't know cool cool

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Muhylonaire007: 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yes o...
Those good old days when we actually thought education was the way...
We never knew what the future would look like back then.

We no fit whine waist like the present day 10 years old....

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Adonis86(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
I can only remember the Edet that traveled from oron to ikot ekpene... Over 30 years ago and nothing was heard of him again. �

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by WhizdomXX(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
T
Yes. Primary 3 and 4ish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by ChizzyBuna(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Back then it was Simbi goes to School

Now in 2022 its Simbi goes to Hotel cry cry

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Ekejoestar(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
I can still rephrase it very well now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by deeLima86(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Person don dey use style old sha

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by mattmogan88: 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
The good old days. cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by stano2(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yeah...u don old oo

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by wunmi590(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
cool

The joy I always exhibited when I'm called to read it knows no bound....

School was fun those days

Alot of story books to enlighten you and make you want to read more.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by VladimirPutiin(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Sure
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by justiniyke29: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Easyincome24:
This book right here made our childhood days awesome.

Teachers then ensured we commit it to memory even if one couldn't pronounce or identify each word for word.

As I try to reminisce about this book. I could aptly see how our culture was portrayed in the book usually a one in a million for primary three pupils.

Our education standard was still something to reckon with back then.

Try to read between the lines, you will understand that a family is a unit that is very important in a community.

If a home fails to bring up their children uprightly, it's sure that the society will be wrecked.

Try to revisit all these books used way back in the 80's and 90's you will understand why values should be taught from homes before expecting teachers and government to emulate same.

My love for this book and the characters knows no bounds.

Share your experience Nairalanders.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I think I read this book 2001.

What about mr sada is a farmer, he lives in sapele and has a big farm

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by NobleSeed(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
he's no longer living in Calabar,he's now in california grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by 5iine: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Indomie generation left the group

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by kasim155: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yeah I did in 1997. I love Macmillian product that year.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Candidlady: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Grammatical Errors That Welcomed President Buhari Home / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams / Which Of These Schools Did You Ever Attend??? Categories Of Schools.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.