Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? (38659 Views)

If U Say U Are An Intelectual! And You Have Not Read This Book U Are Jonzing / Who Remembers This? This Was Fun Growing Up .... / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by EKOSuperior(m): 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
Do u know that Ali is no longer a boy? Simbi is now a mother with two children Chike is no longer the river boy but he is now a Marine Engineer. Edet no longer lives in Calabar but has moved to Canada. Agbo is happily married too and has left the town of Lagoon for London. Eze no longer goes to school, he is now a graduate. Even Mr Salami is no longer a farmer but a politician. Remember Ralia the sugar girl? she now owns one of the biggest sugar factories in Kano. Ade our naughty little brother is now a doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Izack04(m): 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
likeorshare:
Like if you did,share if you didn't.
please can someone get me this books

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by cherishmichael: 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
This was when schools were schools, class rooms were class rooms, there was a cool learning spirit then not now anymore.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Izack04(m): 11:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Izack04:
please can someone get me this books,I really love them I don't mind reading them over and over again
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Makaveli217(m): 12:56am On Apr 22, 2022
Good old days when learning was fun.
You guys forgot about Raila the sugar girl.

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Petermarshal(m): 5:20am On Apr 22, 2022
I read it in 1993, reminds me of African night entertainment
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by tradepunter: 5:49am On Apr 22, 2022
Sndfrank:
Read this book that year

Baba no offense ooo, hope you don Marry and don born?

Because this book na primary school I read am, that's far back in the 1990s
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Samunique(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2022
kasim155:

Whaoooo 84, that a very long time ago. 13 years bfor mine. U na agba b that ooooo. Lol.
Na so my brother, na that time u no go fit enter school until your hand reach your ear. grin

Meanwhile, this same Buhari showed us shege bcs of his unless austerity nonsense policy.

Ebi pa awon eniyan like say tomorrow no dey, even rain self no fall that year, when u farm na to carry water to wet the crops.

Buhari hehn.... undecided
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Jeffy1206(m): 7:25am On Apr 22, 2022
likeorshare:
Like if you did,share if you didn't.
I so much love the part of the thief in the ikoti ekpene man... It was so funny a story grin
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by justiniyke29: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2022
EjaikreTheViper:

You read this book in 2001? You are still a kid!
I read this book in 1991
Lol 1991 was just preparing to pop out.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by skywalker240(m): 8:32am On Apr 22, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Back then it was Simbi goes to School

Now in 2022 its Simbi goes to Hotel cry cry
And Ali is a Yahoo boy grin
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by skywalker240(m): 9:43am On Apr 22, 2022
EKOSuperior:
Do u know that Ali is no longer a boy? Simbi is now a mother with two children Chike is no longer the river boy but he is now a Marine Engineer. Edet no longer lives in Calabar but has moved to Canada. Agbo is happily married too and has left the town of Lagoon for London. Eze no longer goes to school, he is now a graduate. Even Mr Salami is no longer a farmer but a politician. Remember Ralia the sugar girl? she now owns one of the biggest sugar factories in Kano. Ade our naughty little brother is now a doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in the country.
Lies angry

Ali is a Yahoo boy with a big HK filled with young boys

Simbi is already an evening newspaper after hoeloshoing everywhere scatter, now she sells wigs, bags and cosmetics on Facebook,

Chike an engineer The same chike that was initiated into a fraternity and he even became their chief executioner undecided

Last we heard of him, was that he was gunned down during an unsuccessful robbery operation along auchi okene express undecided

Edet is actually working on a project,

How to process 504 dogmeat into cans, of course Edet has a 404 joint where people drink Pammy and 404 perpersoup filled with perewinkles. undecided

Agbo happily married Come to our cantel and see for yourself, that guy is a serial drunkard and a heavy smoker of Sk mixed with captain black, his wife always complain about his noise making and how he batters her with any given opportunity, this Easter Sunday he slept on the gutter close to Asoro bus stop Benin City

Eze is an unsuccessful spare parts dealer at uwelu market,

Mr Salami has been long Dead, he probably must have died of an ailment that requires been flown abroad, but because he has no cash, and no one willing to bring cash, he sorted agbo to help, but on the long run, he gave up

But the most funny thing is that when his family wanted to bury him, Cows and huge donations where seen from relatives and friends from different direction

Ralia sugar factory in Kano You must be joking grin

Ralia is an avid promoter of kanyemata, (maybe that's the sugar you're referring to) grin

Ade was caught yesterday with human skull shocked

All in All, the system failed them.

Don't even call

Ure chukwe, obi and nnena, akin the drummer boy, ( that one died trying to emulate Cobahms) whom actually was even agemates with his son.

He crossing the road to play at the ojota express when a stupid danfo driver with egbo ran him over

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by moshoodn(m): 10:19am On Apr 22, 2022
Early 90s parole.

Nolstagia.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Lazenby007(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2022
And there were how those books smelt those days when newly bought.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by insidelife22(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2022
Paramount01:

2004? You are in primary 4?

Yea
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by kasim155: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2022
Samunique:
Na so my brother, na that time u no go fit enter school until your hand reach your ear. grin

Meanwhile, this same Buhari showed us shege bcs of his unless austerity nonsense policy.

Ebi pa awon eniyan like say tomorrow no dey, even rain self no fall that year, when u farm na to carry water to wet the crops.

Buhari hehn.... undecided

Lol bro, all will be well, this Buhari government is the most useless president or government that have happen to this country. All will be well last last.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by justiniyke29: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
kasim155:

Whaooo the good old days, From pic, I read, The God's are not to blame, Things fall apart, Eze goes to school, Chike and the River, Story my mother told me, College days of John Ojo, Echo of the dark, Without a silver spoon, etc
I think its tales my grandmother told me.

I read things fall apart, David Copperfield, Gulliver travel, Macbeth, the gods are not to blame, our husband's has gone mad again, the African child, without a sliver spoon, the trial of something, there is one by Cyprian ekwensi I am trying to remember.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by DESTROTECH(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
Chike and the river was my first
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Sndfrank: 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

Its strange how all of a sudden, you have so many questions that dont really gel together just by looking at this picture:
1. How is Mrs Nwosu "cooking" rice on a flat wooden table top?
2. Why on earth will she have fresh tomatoes touching a hot pot
3. Why is her daughter cutting fresh pineapple on a bare table top and not a cutting board?
4. Why would either of them allow Mary sweep with dust and all with an open pot of food and freshly cut pineapples nearby?
5. How is Mr Nwosu just bringing in live chickens and rice don done? cheesy

Questions.....Questions grin

Wasn't Agbo Book 4 and Edet Book 3?

All those pictures are just illustrations, I think they don't consider your above question when the writers were writing those books.

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by kasim155: 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
justiniyke29:

I think its tales my grandmother told me.

I read things fall apart, David Copperfield, Gulliver travel, Macbeth, the gods are not to blame, our husband's has gone mad again, the African child, without a sliver spoon, the trial of something, there is one by Cyprian ekwensi I am trying to remember.

Nice one bro. I don't know if this generation are reading good novels just like ours then.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Holuwadammie(m): 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
Easyincome24:
This book right here made our childhood days awesome.

Teachers then ensured we commit it to memory even if one couldn't pronounce or identify each word for word.

As I try to reminisce about this book. I could aptly see how our culture was portrayed in the book usually a one in a million for primary three pupils.

Our education standard was still something to reckon with back then.

Try to read between the lines, you will understand that a family is a unit that is very important in a community.

If a home fails to bring up their children uprightly, it's sure that the society will be wrecked.

Try to revisit all these books used way back in the 80's and 90's you will understand why values should be taught from homes before expecting teachers and government to emulate same.

My love for this book and the characters knows no bounds.

Share your experience Nairalanders.

Back then na cramming method. For someone to read the passages.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by PlayMaker14: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Divay22:
The first of honesty (the fruit of honesty is God's blessings smiley
Queen owu
Deep regret
The raising sun
One week one trouble (Wilson tagbo)
Chocolate cream soldier
Lord of the flies

Macmillan was the best textbook... For the fact that your younger ones can still use it after you've move to the next class...
But you gat use newspaper or calender take cover both first and back before you write your name.
Happy birthday special friend.... Live long.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Divay22(f): 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Happy birthday special friend.... Live long.
Thank you smiley
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by PlayMaker14: 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
Divay22:

Thank you smiley
Chocolates or A trip to Baptist Secondary School OKP?

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Divay22(f): 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Chocolates or A trip to Baptist Secondary School OKP?
Lol
A trip to Baptist Secondary school cheesy
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by PlayMaker14: 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Divay22:

Lol
A trip to Baptist Secondary school cheesy
Fair Enough.... We will embark on the trip riding an obedient donkey/horse... Since no other means of transportation in that LOCALITY....

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by goodheart01: 1:54am On Apr 23, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
YEAH I READ THIS BOOK WITH IKEBE SUPA AND LOLLY

Badt guy.., with Hints magazine too
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by goodheart01: 2:00am On Apr 23, 2022
PaulOtl:
All these very local , good for nothing books that could never have prepared you for the trials and wickedness going on in this country. How to fetch water from the stream, taught girls how to gossip through gossip scenes in the books, how to play hair (chuku and thread (mtshew) ) was what some of these books was teaching Nigerian pupils who read them.
Mtsheww. * Long sigh *

P.s My school never recommended or asked us to buy such books, back in the day. Not even those Simbi goes to school , or is it Simi goes to school books that were widely known around schools.
I didn't miss out on anything, as far as I'm concerned... Lol.

Meanwhile, I was busy reading ' sleepover girls club 1,2,3 and more. My mates and I were busy reading; Hansel and Gretel, Wind In The Willows, The Meadows, Rapunzel, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs...and a few more interesting, knowledge-growing books for kids back then.

Shut the fucck up idiot trying to form woke. Youโ€™re truly a kid... We all read Hansel and Gretel, Rumpelstiskin, Beauty and the beast, Snow White and seven dwarfs but those books where never for exam purposes. They were just for improving and widening your dicition and imaginations.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by justiniyke29: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2022
kasim155:

Nice one bro. I don't know if this generation are reading good novels just like ours then.
When I see the type of story books given to my niece and nephews, I ask myself where our education system has gone to. Most of those books don't have any substance
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by EKOSuperior(m): 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
skywalker240:

Lies angry

Ali is a Yahoo boy with a big HK filled with young boys

Simbi is already an evening newspaper after hoeloshoing everywhere scatter, now she sells wigs, bags and cosmetics on Facebook,

Chike an engineer The same chike that was initiated into a fraternity and he even became their chief executioner undecided

Last we heard of him, was that he was gunned down during an unsuccessful robbery operation along auchi okene express undecided

Edet is actually working on a project,

How to process 504 dogmeat into cans, of course Edet has a 404 joint where people drink Pammy and 404 perpersoup filled with perewinkles. undecided

Agbo happily married Come to our cantel and see for yourself, that guy is a serial drunkard and a heavy smoker of Sk mixed with captain black, his wife always complain about his noise making and how he batters her with any given opportunity, this Easter Sunday he slept on the gutter close to Asoro bus stop Benin City

Eze is an unsuccessful spare parts dealer at uwelu market,

Mr Salami has been long Dead, he probably must have died of an ailment that requires been flown abroad, but because he has no cash, and no one willing to bring cash, he sorted agbo to help, but on the long run, he gave up

But the most funny thing is that when his family wanted to bury him, Cows and huge donations where seen from relatives and friends from different direction

Ralia sugar factory in Kano You must be joking grin

Ralia is an avid promoter of kanyemata, (maybe that's the sugar you're referring to) grin

Ade was caught yesterday with human skull shocked

All in All, the system failed them.

Don't even call

Ure chukwe, obi and nnena, akin the drummer boy, ( that one died trying to emulate Cobahms) whom actually was even agemates with his son.

He crossing the road to play at the ojota express when a stupid danfo driver with egbo ran him over
Chai, negative as you sound, this is actually touching. So touching.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by skywalker240(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
EKOSuperior:
Chai, negative as you sound, this is actually touching. So touching.
This is, or might actually qualify as what would be their predicament, in this present system of affairs in the failed country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Donโ€™t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt / Tosin Durodola Is 2nd World Best Thesis Writer / Pictures Of OAU Swimming Pool And Sports Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.