Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? (38657 Views)

If U Say U Are An Intelectual! And You Have Not Read This Book U Are Jonzing / Who Remembers This? This Was Fun Growing Up .... / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
justiniyke29:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I think I read this book 2001.

What about mr sada is a farmer, he lives in sapele and has a big farm

You read this book in 2001? You are still a kid!
I read this book in 1991

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by simpleseyi: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
post=112148461:
.......This and many others.

The good ol' days when men were boys.
And women were girls.
And virginity was sweet cool

Those are realy the good old days!
Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

You can say that again Sir.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Weldone sir. I salute your old age. I hope the grandchildren are doing fine sir.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Testimony1988(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yes o.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Desultan(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
Good old days! Book 4 or 5 is about Wakama and Agbo.

Bros, you tasted real education.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Divay22(f): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
The first of honesty (the fruit of honesty is God's blessings smiley
Queen owu
Deep regret
The raising sun
One week one trouble (Wilson tagbo)
Chocolate cream soldier
Lord of the flies

Macmillan was the best textbook... For the fact that your younger ones can still use it after you've move to the next class...
But you gat use newspaper or calender take cover both first and back before you write your name.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Carlyboi(m): 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
I read this book in primary school...in the late 90s...life was good and easy then!This is pure nostalgia!Macmillan books are legendary!

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Transcriber: 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
I read am taya. I still have sef
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Paramount01(m): 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
insidelife22:
I did in 2004,wont forget

2004? You are in primary 4?
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Treasure17(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
simpleseyi:

Definitely, you have crossed 40 years. By now, you should have grandchildren. Congrats my brethren. Old age signifies Wisdom.
grin grin
Kilagbe Kileju? Kilode.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
I didn't oo. Na only me waka come
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Atticusxsz(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
post=112148461:

And women were girls.

Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

Oh! The goOd Old days! I've got 9 of these novels still with me and in their original hardcover.

1. Eze goes to school
2. The Passport of Mallam Ilia
3. The gods are not to blame
4. Weep not My Child
5. The African Child
6. The Drummer Boy
7. Zambia Shall Be Free
8. Things Fall Apart
9. Jagua Nana

And i can hardly believe I'm already in my early thirties... how time flies! cry

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by obiekunie01: 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Back then it was Simbi goes to School

Now in 2022 its Simbi goes to Hotel cry cry

If you know you know!

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2022
No wonder we never used Macmillan. See the grammar..
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by 1869ka: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
post=112148461:

And women were girls.

Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

[/s]
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Sndfrank: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
Easyincome24:

What's the experience like back then?

It was in the year 1998

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Olayiwola1425: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
Wow.... Gone are those days I really missed those book's

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by AgentGoat: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
kasim155:
Yeah I did in 1997. I love Macmillian product that year.

You are 31/32 cheesy
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by SamJel(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good old days!
Ali and Simbi ( pry 2 ), Edet ( pry 3), Agbo Malaika ( pry 4 ),etc.

Those were what we knew then.

Suddenly, everything went downhill and we started having 10 years old doing �gy.
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Padipadi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Pry 3 book mi
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Joygift3666: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
His colleagues are Agbo and Mr. Salami
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Joymodel(f): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
post=112148461:

And women were girls.

Oga Kasim,
Agba Awo himself wink

this are real books not the rubbish they publish this days and you forgot to add sugar girl and ngozi my daughter
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by jubrilELsudan: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
YEAH I READ THIS BOOK WITH IKEBE SUPA AND LOLLY

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Michaelbjune(m): 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
Adonis86:
I can only remember the Edet that traveled from oron to ikot ekpene... Over 30 years ago and nothing was heard of him again. �
are you from oron
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by emmykk(m): 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
insidelife22:
I did in 2004,wont forget

I don't think is available for your age in that 2004 ...there are new English book now.

I m 42 now I read this macmillan around 1989
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by JuanDeDios: 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
Easyincome24:
This book right here made our childhood days awesome.

Teachers then ensured we commit it to memory even if one couldn't pronounce or identify each word for word.

As I try to reminisce about this book. I could aptly see how our culture was portrayed in the book usually a one in a million for primary three pupils.

Our education standard was still something to reckon with back then.

Try to read between the lines, you will understand that a family is a unit that is very important in a community.

If a home fails to bring up their children uprightly, it's sure that the society will be wrecked.

Try to revisit all these books used way back in the 80's and 90's you will understand why values should be taught from homes before expecting teachers and government to emulate same.

My love for this book and the characters knows no bounds.

Share your experience Nairalanders.
I did. But I thought it was "Edet is eight years old. He lives in Calabar..."
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Chochovini: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
ChizzyBuna:
Back then it was Simbi goes to School

Now in 2022 its Simbi goes to Hotel cry cry
. Escuse me, to do what there hahahaha
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Alonso91(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
Yeeee3 like play like play Alonso don dey old be dat ooo
Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by kasim155: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
[quote author=AgentGoat post=112152981]

You are 31/32 cheesy[/quote

Smiles, but a little bit above the ones u guess, u are of that range too I guess?

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by Osanoghodua1: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
Read it, missing good friends whom we started out together, sadly we may never meet again and if we do, we may never know each other again.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? by AgentGoat: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
[quote author=kasim155 post=112154308][/quote]

No please, i no wan old abeg grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt / Tosin Durodola Is 2nd World Best Thesis Writer / Pictures Of OAU Swimming Pool And Sports Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.