Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,192 members, 7,835,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

I Am Tired Of My Marriage - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Tired Of My Marriage (37299 Views)

I Am Tired Of My Mom / I Am Tired Of My Wife / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Back2Daura(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
If I tell you so many baby mamas that are regretting their actions and needs a man you will be appreciate your home idiot. Obviously you are cheating on him or about to cheat
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by TundeChris: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Please, I don't want to be judged. My husband is a good man. We have been married for 14 years. I am 33 years old. He is 39 years old. We have 4 kids - 3 girls and 1 boy. He has never cheated on me. Right from day 1, he has been very open. He is not the type of husband that locks phone and all of that. But I am tired. He has the habit of flaring up around the children and I don't like it. I don't want my kids to be damaged. I know some will say no marriage is perfect but at this point, I don't even want marriage again. I just want to be free and single and look after my kids. I am tired.

Anytime we have an argument, he always talks about how he did this and that for me. In front of the children. I don't want this kind of life. He hardly gets angry, maybe twice or thrice in a year but when he does, he does not have the sense to know he should not be doing it in front of the kids. He apologizes to them and to me but I am done.

He has no other issue apart from this. He has never beaten me or anything but I am tired. Overall he is a good husband to be fair and honest but I can no longer deal with this. I prefer to be single and free than deal with this rubbish.

I feel like pouring out my heart.

Lol, just say you don't want to be in a marriage anymore, but don't try to pretend like it's because of the 2 a year argument. I saw you posted your pastor hasn't argued in 40 years, you really believe that?

Don't rush this decision, talk to someone, not a pastor, but a good woman, who is married and can counsel you properly.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by obryns: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
My sister, anyone who tells you they never quarreled in their marriage is a liar and if you agree to that liar then you are worse,the emphasis is how they resolve their differences,I understand you need some spark in your marriage,then bring it on,talk to your husband how you feel and two of you can bring in some excitement in your marriage,you sound as if there is a man out their making you feel caged in this marriage,but ask yourself who will marry a woman with 4 kids,once he is done with the excitement of sleeping with a beautiful woman he would walk away to the next gullible victim,then it would be too late to regret or redeem anything,simply read up how you can spice up your marriage and be committed to it, Marriage is a lifetime commitment,nobody is perfect and that includes you,you are married to a good man which is something hard to find these days
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Maobichek: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

Permit me to laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy

She is insensitive and has refused to say it openly that she is interested in another man outside who is not perfect.

She used Papa as an example, Mama saw blood and ran to Papa with the complain but Papa told her to go and get his food. If the OP is Mama, she will definitely accused the husband of being insensitive to her plight, she will be angry that the husband didn't care nor show empathy towards her but because it's Bishop Oyedepo, everyone sees it as "faith in action."

Mama took all her salary and gave to Papa, i asked my girl if she can do that for me and she told me that she is not Mama Oyedepo. We are winners and i have been a Winner for over 10 years.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Newboss(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
No. I grew up in Winners Chapel and Papa and Mama always say they have never argued in their marriage. Even last year, Papa still said that he and mama have not had their first argument almost 40 years later. That is the kind of marriage I always wanted but now, I feel bad because I cannot boast of the same thing. Shouting at your wife is abuse. And worse is that our children see it. I have read that it can affect children psychologically. I feel that I have failed.

Who told you he has never shouted at his wife? Do you even know what argument means? It involves two people talking back at each other.

That his wife can swallow anything, can you? Of course your post has answered the question. She doesn't talk back at him.

Continue deluding yourself. You have a useless simp for a husband yet you're complaining.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by jaxxy(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
No. I grew up in Winners Chapel and Papa and Mama always say they have never argued in their marriage. Even last year, Papa still said that he and mama have not had their first argument almost 40 years later. That is the kind of marriage I always wanted but now, I feel bad because I cannot boast of the same thing. Shouting at your wife is abuse. And worse is that our children see it. I have read that it can affect children psychologically. I feel that I have failed.

some people just have poor or even bad communication skills and good communication is,the most important thing in any relationship or marriage b4 even sex bt most people think its sex or money.

Ur husband needs to humble himself a bit and learn how to communicate with his family not just u his wife bt also with the kids.

some actions shouldn't be repetitive bt done away with by maturity.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
reddingtonblack:
1. Your problem is you got what you don't merit nor deserve amd it seems you can't help buh take cognisance he is tew good for you hence why you wanna run, maybe the frivolous excuses were just your escape plan.

2. I just want you to know the only place to find real peace is 6feet under the ground,before you marry did you really have peace, well peace is relative to what you call it.
3. I will strongly advise you pack your bags n leave the man so that asides the kids another best thing could find him. all the best as you revert back to your father name
1. What are you rambling about merit for? What has merit to do with marriage?. undecided

2. Stop lying! There are lots of people out there, some unmarried, who know peace enough for this world. The world does not resolve around the delusions in your head abeg! undecided

If you are alive and without peace it means you are still searching in the wrong places. Continue searching for it. undecided

3. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by kwasoly(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:
Please, I don't want to be judged. My husband is a good man. We have been married for 14 years. I am 33 years old. He is 39 years old. We have 4 kids - 3 girls and 1 boy. He has never cheated on me. Right from day 1, he has been very open. He is not the type of husband that locks phone and all of that. But I am tired. He has the habit of flaring up around the children and I don't like it. I don't want my kids to be damaged. I know some will say no marriage is perfect but at this point, I don't even want marriage again. I just want to be free and single and look after my kids. I am tired.

Anytime we have an argument, he always talks about how he did this and that for me. In front of the children. I don't want this kind of life. He hardly gets angry, maybe twice or thrice in a year but when he does, he does not have the sense to know he should not be doing it in front of the kids. He apologizes to them and to me but I am done.

He has no other issue apart from this. He has never beaten me or anything but I am tired. Overall he is a good husband to be fair and honest but I can no longer deal with this. I prefer to be single and free than deal with this rubbish.

Children everywhere. Mtcheeew
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
Maobichek:

She is insensitive and has refused to say it openly that she is interested in another man outside who is not perfect.

She used Papa as an example, Mama saw blood and ran to Papa with the complain but Papa told her to go and get his food. If the OP is Mama, she will definitely accused the husband of being insensitive to her plight, she will be angry that the husband didn't care nor show empathy towards her but because it's Bishop Oyedepo, everyone sees it as "faith in action."

Mama took all her salary and gave to Papa, i asked my girl if she can do that for me and she told me that she is not Mama Oyedepo. We are winners and i have been a Winner for over 10 years.
Contrary to what you may believe, marriage isn't meant for everyone and not all single people flirt or bounce from one relationship to another. There are single folks out there who are single and free and happy at that. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by GloriousGbola: 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
Klass99:
The title of your thread and subsequent comments, is a narrative I have encountered, with women who married really early and didn't get a chance to live their lives, independently and on their own terms.

They moved straight from daddy's house to hubby's house, which is not a terrible thing. But from conversations, more and more women seem to feel tired, dissatisfied and unfulfilled in their lives at some point and they just want out.

It may be a temporary feeling for some, which passes, for others it becomes an all consuming fire within, leading to something else. A former colleague is on this table, married with 3 kids, her speech can be alarming and behaviour sometimes unsettling.

Can young women just be allowed to live a little, broaden their horizons, explore possibilities after school/graduation, to discover themselves and what they can do for work and a career, without being unduly pressured to marry so early?

It is not always about wanting to sleep around or explore different diicks, these things help in building up, well grounded and adjusted adults, who have life skills to cope with life's challenges.

this applies to both men and women
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by victooman: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
The major disadvantages of marrying early,, is obvious you did not enjoy your early age, u just jump into marriage,now you are bored.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Back2Daura:
If I tell you so many baby mamas that are regretting their actions and needs a man you will be appreciate your home idiot. Obviously you are cheating on him or about to cheat
I can also tell you of so many single parents who found peace they needed. undecided

Contrary to what you may believe, marriage isn't meant for everyone and not all single people flirt or bounce from one relationship to another. There are single folks out there who are single and free and happy at that. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Miracle2022: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is nothing mad about any of what she relayed here and all she is is stressed from what it is that is bothering her. undecided
that is why she should go for rehabilitation.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Angelfrost(m): 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why should she have to forfeit the kids in divorce? undecided

Why does the picture or a perfect single life exclude her kids? Are you suggesting that single individuals out there who adopted kids aren't living a perfect single life or what? undecided

Read the other part of my submission... I put it at the reasoning of the court if she has no cogent reason.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by TalkToOpeoluwa: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Madam to be honest you have a problem here..

As a person who is married myself, I will tell you that.

You said he hardly gets angry, which is a good thing.

Now what do you do to trigger his anger?

Do you yourself talk to him disrecpectfully in front of your kids?

While I'm not making excuses for his actions, it's also good to be balanced.

So my advice: take time to check your own flaws and see why he is reacting the way he does.

Try to talk the matter with him calmly, when he is More relax and in a happy mood.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

I think you need to go on vocation. May be for like a month. You are choked... That's it.. Let him know you need to go on vacation. You married at the age of 19. According your Calculations. So you didn't have enough time to explore as a youth. That also affected you... It's normal for you to feel the way you do. Someone that married late and have this kind of husband you have wouldnt compliain because she might had seen it all. Early marriage for women and men has its own disadvantages. You guys should give each other space and go on vacation or something. But if you feel don't feel the marriage anymore, then please leave the marriage for your mental health. But make sure you get money ooo to take care of your self and your kids. or have a Good job. Life is too short to be telling you to stay because of kids. The kids will be alright. Don't just let them be far away from their dad. Not everyone will like my submission. Just speaking from experience. All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
Cutehector:
urm. I am not the op, i think your comment should be directed to her
Nope the comment is meant for you who believed Oyedepo's lie that the devil is after your marriage but didn't believe his lie that he has never argued with his wife in 40 years. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Hassanmaye(m): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nuelzi:
What exactly does this gender want?

Sorry to say this but if what you wrote up there is true then permit me to say that you don't really know what you want

- you pointed out these qualities that most men lack yet you don't want to hold onto him.

E be like say e get niqqa wey you dey eye somewhere na why you wan dropout undecided

Nobody should quote me....na my mind I talk,I no stone person
Thats Why we keep shouting that gender on nairaland very stupid gender, they can eat your poo before marriage o but once ring enter hand ahhh.. she go start doing anyhow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
BabaJoe001:
I think you need to go on vocation. May be for like a month. You are choked... That's it.. Let him know you need to go on vacation. You married at the age of 19.

According your Calculations. So you didn't have enough time to explore as a youth. That also affected you... It's normal for you to feel the way you do. Someone that married late and have this kind of husband you have wouldnt compliain because she might had seen it all. Early marriage for women and men has its own disadvantages. You guys should give each other space and go on vacation or something.

But if you feel don't feel the marriage anymore, then please leave the marriage for your mental health. But make sure you get money ooo to take care of your self and your kids. or have a Good job. Life is too short to be telling you to stay because of kids. The kids will be alright. Don't just let them be far away from their dad. Not everyone will like my submission. Just speaking from experience. All the best.
I think she probably needs at least a year away from her marriage. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Just something u can discuss with him u say u want out, u want to be single and free, available for the market. Something dey call u for outside and ur eyes dey there so go. When u come to realise u had the best deal another lucky woman would have taken over. Na that " I want to be single free" u kept repeating show say ur eyes done dey outside already. Lol u go suffer to appreciate wetin u get now. Sense will fall on u later. For now there's a lot to learn and experience cool
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by colizee(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
So you want to divorce him and go with the kids and be happy and live him lonely, that's heartless. It's okay to not feel the same way you felt about him when you guys just married and all that, but if you want to live please carry only yourself and go.

Don't take all his Joy away just because of this minor problems.

Wait sef are you sure there's nothing else? Search your heart o. Because you sound like a lady who is not sexually satisfied with the husband.

Nothing wey good sex no fit settle for marriage o!
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Cutehector(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nope the comment is meant for you who believed Oyedepo's lie that the devil is after your marriage but didn't believe his lie that he has never argued with his wife in 40 years. undecided
are you mad or something? I can see that your brain is getting expired. Now point out where i mentioned i believe Oyedepo's comment that the devil is after her marriage.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by CoalitionNaija(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
U see this type? na be bad advisers wey dey tell other women, 'make sure you hold your children tight, don't let them love their father or even talk aboult his family'. She don corner the children with bas narratives.
janejjjjj5000:
I am tired. I have a better view of marriage. He is not meeting up. My children are saying that the way he talks when upsets affects them. The children cry and he apologizes to all of us. I know I sound confused but I am just tired. I feel that my children will not be seeing this when we divorce. That is why I don't want the marriage anymore. I just want all round peace. I am tired.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Testimony1988(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Just pray for him.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Emmacy001: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

You're sick...
You don't know the value of what you have until you loose it
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Hassanmaye(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
PlayMaker14:
You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it...

Do what pleases you.
Lol that gender..
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by georgekingsley: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
janejjjjj5000:

Honestly you really don’t know what you want.. if you loose that man, you have yourself to blame.
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
TalkToOpeoluwa:
1. Madam to be honest you have a problem here..As a person who is married myself, I will tell you that. You said he hardly gets angry, which is a good thing.Now what do you do to trigger his anger? Do you yourself talk to him disrecpectfully in front of your kids?

2. While I'm not making excuses for his actions, it's also good to be balanced. So my advice: take time to check your own flaws and see why he is reacting the way he does. Try to talk the matter with him calmly, when he is More relax and in a happy mood.
1. Stop asking these foolish question abeg! There is absolutely no valid reason or justification for emotional or verbal abuse in even marriage. undecided

2. No matter what your personal flaws are, it gives no one right to verbally or emotionally abuse you in anyway or form.. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by jaxxy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There is absolutely no valid reason for emotional or verbal abuse in marriage. undecided

2. Love has never been a requirement in marriage, so stop trying to judge her marriage on what are superficial standards you hold to. undecided

3. You should rereading the OP again and putting yourself in her shoes in other to possibly see what she may be trying to tell you. undecided

I might not have diagnosed her problem properly bt don't tell me love isn't a requirement for a good marriage.

Do u even know what love it to start with? undecided
Re: I Am Tired Of My Marriage by tomzyELNINO: 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
No worry. Just back out and go and marry a wife beater!! Sule!
If you want a perfect man, go and create your own from mud.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Spotted Carrying His Wife's Handbag... / As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.