Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? (2285 Views)

The Kingdom Of Darkness Is Real As Sodomy Is Worst Than White Supremacy / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by AntiChristian: 9:37am On Apr 23, 2022
In the Biblical Story of Lot (Gen 19), his people were homosexuals and the LORD destroyed them. However Lot and his two daughters were saved from the destruction.

After that the daughters drugged their father with wine and slept with him in turns by night. They both got pregnant gave birth and God made them fruitful. So the Moabites and Ammonites have an incestous origin!

1. So why were the Sodomites destroyed but the Incestous preserved?

2. Does God know they (father and ladies) would move away from sodomy to incest?

3. If God could protect them from Sodomy why not incest or is incest preferable?
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2022
Lolz.

Biblically incest is alright. I know some people will say God permitted it because people were few on earth then.

But ask yourself, did God permit murder because people are plenty now?

Whatever is wrong or right is wrong or right regardless of the amount of people.

Biblically and Quranically, incest is not a sin.

But i don't know how people find their sisters or brothers attractive though.

1 Like

Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 9:42am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Lolz.

Biblically incest is alright. I know some people will say God permitted it because people were few on earth then.

Whatever is wrong or right is wrong or right regardless of the amount of people.

The Christian god permitted murder inside that story book too..
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

The Christian god permitted murder inside that story book too..
I think every religion permits murder to a certain degree.

Not just the Christian God.

And I also believe you should respect other people's beliefs even if you don't believe or it sounds ridiculous to you.

For all they care, your unbelief is ridiculous to them as well.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Lighthouse50: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2022
Blind guide...! So why did God declared destruction on moab and warned israelites not to have anything with them
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
I think every religion permits murder to a certain degree.

Not just the Christian God.

And I also believe you should respect other people's beliefs even if you don't believe or it sounds ridiculous to you.

For all they care, your unbelief is ridiculous to them as well.

I don’t believe in story books, do you?, I only stated what happened in it.
Then your analogy is flawed if are using the “murder” aspect.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by AntiChristian: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Lolz.

We have the proof Biblically here but do you have a proof from the Qur'an that incest is "outrightly" permitted as quoted above?
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

I don’t believe in story books, do you?, I only stated what happened in it.
Then your analogy is flawed if are using the “murder” aspect.
I believe in stories.

It's called faith. It's your choice not to believe. It's mine to believe.

And all our lives is stories. Look at Google. Google is not a real entity with body parts. But the stories we weave around it brought google to life.

Google today can speak, it can issue statements, it can be sued like a human being. Of course you believe in stories but not just the biblical stories.

Please expantiate on why my analogy is false. Don't just drop something without a reasonable backup.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

We have the proof Biblically here but do you have a proof from the Qur'an that incest is "outrightly" permitted as quoted above?
lolz.

You don't have to outrightly say anything to prove it.

There's a thing called implication.

If Allah created only a man and woman from the beginning. And those two gave birth to all of mankind.

Then it implies that their first filia generation marry each other. Which implies that Allah sees nothing wrong in incest.

Because if it is wrong, then he would have created more than one man and woman.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Lighthouse50: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2022
God would have spared sodom if there were just 5 righteous men there but unfortunately there were none. Silence has always been the best answer to those who leap before looking.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 9:57am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
I believe in stories.

It's called faith. It's your choice not to believe. It's mine to believe.

And all our lives is stories. Look at Google. Google is not a real entity with body parts. But the stories we weave around it brought google to life.

Google today can speak, it can issue statements, it can be sued like a human being. Of course you believe in stories but not just the biblical stories.

Please expantiate on why my analogy is false. Don't just drop something without a reasonable backup.

Which stories do google bring ?
Google is a search engine hope you know? We have mamma and others too.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by eddynaira125: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2022
Which one God will prefer? Nonsense, this is a religious post while did the NAIRALAND administration fail to provide column for oat taking like that of Muslim, before making comments.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 9:59am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Which stories do google bring ?
Google is a search engine hope you know? We have mamma and others too.
Oga I'm talking about the entity called Google.

Think for instance, when people talk about sueing Facebook who do you think they are sueing?
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Oga I'm talking about the entity called Google.

Think for instance, when people talk about sueing Facebook who do you think they are sueing?

Facebook is not owed by google and What does that got to do with stories? Which stories do Facebook create?
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Facebook is not owed by google and What does that got to do with stories?
na wa o.

You and I are as far apart as heaven and earth in in the way we are seeing things. There's no point talking anymore.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
na wa o.

You and I are as far apart as heaven and earth in in the way we are seeing things. There's no point talking anymore.

You don’t understand what you are saying.
Google create stories? lol. Google is a search engine.. websites and blogs are the one that brings the information..
And I’m sure you know the difference between stories and information, if not why don’t you believe in Greek stories?
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

You don’t understand what you are saying.
Google create stories? lol. Google is a search engine.. websites and blogs are the one that brings the information..
seriously. OK let me explain this to you.

I know google is a search engine. But Google is also a corporation.

As a corporation, Google is treated like a human being. It is given human like rights.

For instance, Google as a corporation can cause global warming, Google can take action against people and people can take actions against it.

Google can be taken to court and it can take other people to court. It can hire lawyers to defend its case.

Google can buy and sell. It can employ people and sack them.

Now all these are the qualities and rights ascribe to a human being. But at its core, Google is not a human being. Rather we make up the stories that treat Google like a human being.

This is the same way we treat God. We don't know if God exists or not. But we weave stories around him and give him certain qualities that brings him to existence.

Today God 'owned churches, money and even NGO organizations'.

Compared to Google, Meta (Facebook), Microsoft, God is another entity that is a product of our imagination.

Through this imaginations we've created enormous stories around them to bring them to life.

If everyone, everywhere stop believing that Google or Facebook is an entity, then Google can no longer speak or be taken to court. Google will no longer be punished.

Rather it is the people behind them that will be punished for their crimes.

Like who doesn't know that Google is a search engine that gets information from blogs and websites? Who doesn't know how Facebook works? Those are basics.

I'm not talking about their function. I'm talking about the ENTITY called Google, Meta, Twitter and God.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:

As a corporation, Google is treated like a human being. It is given human like rights.

For instance, Google as a corporation can cause global warming, Google can take action against people and people can take actions against it.

Google can be taken to court and it can take other people to court. It can hire lawyers to defend its case.

Now all these are the qualities and rights ascribe to a human being. But at its core, Google is not a human being. Rather we make up the stories that treat Google like a human being.

This is the same way we treat God. We don't know if God exists or not. But we weave stories around him and give him certain qualities that brings him to existence.

Compared to Google, Meta (Facebook), Microsoft, God is another entity that is a product of our imagination.

Through this imaginations we've created enormous stories around them to bring them to life.

If everyone, everywhere stop believing that Google or Facebook is an entity, then Google can no longer speak or be taken to court. Google will no longer be punished.

Like who doesn't know that Google is a search engine that gets information from blogs and websites? Who doesn't know how Facebook works? Those are basics.

I'm not talking about their function. I'm talking about the ENTITY called Google, Meta, Twitter and God.

Google doesn’t get his information from google, it gets it from blogs and websites. Do you understand?

And google is owned by ABC or so, so that’s the organization you should be talking about not google the search engine.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Google doesn’t get his information from google, it gets it from blogs and websites. Do you understand?
damn!
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
damn!

Google is owned by alphabet that’s the organization. You are flawed.
Google is simply a search engine.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

And google is owned by ABC or so, so that’s the organization you should be talking about not google the search engine.
Honestly, this is the only meaningful thing you've said since.

ABC is only the parent company. Google still is an entity.

You can sue Google for its crime and not sue ABC.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Honestly, this is the only meaningful thing you've said since.

ABC is only the parent company. Google still is an entity.

You can sue Google for its crime and not sue ABC.
You are yet to say any meaningful thing.
ABC is owned by google, you can’t sue google without suing ABC.
Google is only a search engine. Can you bring out cases of where google was sued.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:29am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

You are yet to say any meaningful thing.
ABC is owned by google, you can’t sue google without suing ABC.
Google is only a search engine. Can you bring out cases of where google was sued.
bros

Google owns over 30 companies. It is in turned owned by alphabet.

Google is not merely a search engine.

Facebook is a social media owned by Facebook recently changed to Meta.

Prior to the change of name would you call Facebook as only a social media platform even when it owns whatsapp and Instagram?

Google is a search engine yes. But Google is also a business entity owing more than 30 other businesses.

YouTube is owned by Google. Motorola is owned by Google, Picasa, where2, Android etc are all owned by Google.

And the Google search engine is owned by GOOGLE.

This GOOGLE in turn is owned by Alphabet.

So, yes you can sue Google without sueing the parent company

And no. Google is not merely a search engine. The Google search engine is just one of the product from Google.

Just as you say Google search engine. You can say Google YouTube, Google Motorola, Google Android, Google voice, Google phone, Google calender, Google mail, Google map etc.

Stop saying things you have no knowledge about.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
bros

Google owns over 30 companies. It is in turned owned by alphabet.

Google is not merely a search engine.

Facebook is a social media owned by Facebook recently changed to Meta.

Prior to the change of name would you call Facebook as only a social media platform even when it owns whatsapp and Instagram?

Google is a search engine yes. But Google is also a business entity owing more than 30 other businesses.

YouTube is owned by Google. Motorola is owned by Google, Picasa, where2, Android etc are all owned by Google.

And the Google search engine is owned by GOOGLE.

This GOOGLE in turn is owned by Alphabet.

So, yes you can sue Google without sueing the parent company

The person that owns alphabet is also the one that owns google, so how are you going to sue the owner of google without the owner of alphabet?
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:34am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

The person that owns alphabet is also the one that owns google, so how are you going to sue the owner of google without the owner of alphabet?
the same way you can sue Facebook without suing META.

And you don't sue the owners of a company. You sue the companies. Because the companies are living and breathing entity.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
the same way you can sue Facebook without suing META.

And you don't sue the owners of a company. You sue the companies. Because the companies are living and breathing entity.

Meta is owned by Facebook, you sue Facebook, you sue META it’s owner.
You sue the companies which is owned by the owner? Are you not suing the owner? Did the company breath and live on his own ? Someone brought it to life.

1 Like

Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:

Google can buy and sell. It can employ people and sack them.

All the “stories” google brings out you can’t sue them for it, they are only a search engine.

Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Meta is owned by Facebook, you sue Facebook, you sue META it’s owner.
You sue the companies which is owned by the owner? Are you not suing the owner?
now you are saying rubbish.

Facebook, whatsapp and Instagram are owned by Meta.

Each of them behave as a separate business entity.

WhatsApp have its own shares, Facebook has it owns shares and Instagram has its own shares.

Meta is merely the parent company. You can sue Facebook and it will affect Meta but you cant sue Meta directly for the sins of Facebook.
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:41am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:

WhatsApp have its own shares, Facebook has it owns shares and Instagram has its own shares.

Meta is merely the parent company. You can sue Facebook and it will affect Meta but you cant sue Meta directly for the sins of Facebook.

WhatsApp and Instagram were bought by Facebook, and Facebook rebranded to meta the organization.

Who owns Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram? Who owns meta?
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:44am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:

When they sued Facebook who came to bail it out?

Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Premiumwriter: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

All the “stories” google brings out you can’t sue them for it, they are only a search engine.
oga you are seeing the 'stories' as blog posts.

That is not what I implied when I say stories. In fact, blog posts are the least things I'm talking about.

When I say stories, I'm talking about ideology in our collective minds.

For instance, you can weave stories to human minds and tell them that if they give you 10% of their earnings, God will bless them.

They will accept and believe that story and give you the 10% in the hope of getting a better tomorrow.

But you can't tell a monkey to give you a banana with that same story with the promise of getting a greater return tomorrow.

The concept of corporations is a story in our collective minds. We weave these stories and believe in them.

But a monkey will never believe it, so it is useless to it.

I'm not saying stories in terms of blog posts. I'm using the term figuratively to show how ideology in our collective mind can bring non-existent things to life.

For instance, money as it is is useless. You can't eat the paper. You can't do anything with it.

But our beliefs in it made it valuable. This belief is what I called a story
Re: Sodomy Vs Incest, Which Does God Prefer? by Maynman: 10:48am On Apr 23, 2022
Premiumwriter:
oga you are seeing the 'stories' as blog posts.

That is not what I implied when I say stories. In fact, blog posts are the least things I'm talking about.

When I say stories, I'm talking about ideology in our collective minds.

For instance, you can weave stories to human minds and tell them that if they give you 10% of their earnings, God will bless them.

They will accept and believe that story and give you the 10% in the hope of getting a better tomorrow.

But you can't tell a monkey to give you a banana with that same story with the promise of getting a greater return tomorrow.

The concept of corporations is a story in our collective minds. We weave these stories and believe in them.

But a monkey will never believe it, so it is useless to it.

I'm not saying stories in terms of blog posts. I'm using the term figuratively to bow ideology in our collective mind can bring non-existent things to life.

All the ideologies were brought by blogs and websites.
Google don’t own any content, it’s only a search engine.
And when we think of google as a corporation we also think of his parent company. Because google can’t take any decision without it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Rational Case For The Existence Of God. / Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post / If you are ever depressed: Read this....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.