Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? (67120 Views)

Welcome To Lagos, Most Beautiful City In West Africa / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by IbileIfe: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
There is no other beautiful city in NIgeria, except the Nigeria LNG RAs on Bonny Island in Rivers State.
The rest are decorated with heaps of refuse, blocked drainages and stinking environment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by StAmbrose1(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
4ckyou:
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. Port Harcourt
4. Uyo
5. Calabar
You have a point there. But make it top 10 or 20. At least, Nigeria has more than 30 states. So it should comfortably have 20 beautiful and advanced cities with few world standardized metrics of development.
Kaduna, Abeokuta, awka and warri are nice in terms of development, and jobs availability.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by TotoGame(m): 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
okoroemeka:
I live in enugu but you cannot compare owerri with enugu,owerri beats hands down in development

Which side you dey stay for Enugu?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by 07kjb: 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
Make tribalism no kill u guys for this country,if we start posting villages in IMO state for here una go say na lekki area

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
Home94:
I always maintain that apart from Lagos and Maybe Abuja Owerri is the most beautiful city in Nigeria
Sentiment aside ,I have been to Portharcourt,Awka,Asaba,I must tell you no city comes close to Owerri
The measurable Development of Owerri suppass that of Lagos and Abuja only comparable on Lekki/Aja Axis of Lagos
If you go round to Owerri,men are building structures and of high class
And night life in owerri is surreal .
And the most important thing is that the city is really getting big and expanding beyond the Four local government of the city.
No trolling here ,Concord bullivard of Owerri is comparable to any Western city serenity ,so beautiful you might think you are in Yankee
Those comparing Enugu and Portharcourt with Owerri don't actually understand what is beauty
My brother Calabar is static in development and night life there is very poor.
You are so dumb....owerri can't even compete with anywhere near palmgrove, illupeju, ebute ikorodu, ibeshe and more.....even ibadan is more beautiful...owerri is not big....the beautiful apart of owerri is like from Maryland to ketu...that is all...so stop eulogizing rubbish.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by StAmbrose1(m): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
As a confirmed Omoluabi guy from Igbęsa Ogun state, I have been to so many states in Nigeria and i must confess no city comes close to Owerri in terms beauty and aesthetic apart from lagos and Abuja.
Please if you feel otherwise, kindly post videos for us to see.
N.B Trolls stay away, this is not a thread for unnecessary arguments but a way to showcase the beautiful sides of our country, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhsLsQwSYM
This is a very nice and educative thread.
It shines light on important places to live in Nigeria that have a lot of evidence of quality living.
You should list some other nice places too. It would make a good read, and easily direct others to places of their interests.
My interest already sparked. And I have made it into a topic. You can add to it.

*High employment opportunities: Lagos, pH, Kano, Abuja, Kaduna, Enugu, Benin

*Good infrastructure:
Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, pH,

*Good security and low level of security personnel harrasment. Lower police extortion/brutality:
Sokoto, Kano, Yola, Katsina, pH, Lagos Island

Good security:
Abuja, Sokoto, uyo, pH, Lagos Island

*Availability of more tarred roads:
Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, awka(other Anambra cities), uyo

*Neat areas:
Abuja, Lagos, Calabar,

*Good educational system. Mostly Osun states:
Lagos, Abeokuta, Kaduna, Oshogbo, Ota, ado ekiti, Ibadan, Ile ife, Enugu

*Good support system: places for raising good family: this is very controversially relative, and largely depends on the part of the city: Enugu
Kaduna, Ilorin, awka, ado-ekiti

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by emmyloved(m): 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Realist12:
You guys keep hyping Abuja, foreigners don't know Abuja, most think Lagos is the capital, Lagos is the economic capital regardless . If half the population of Lagos migrates to Abuja, you'd understand Lagos is more organized . There's a reason Lagos is the face of Nigeria.
To you all critics show me anywhere in Nigeria more beautiful than only Lagos Marina. Just a picture will do .
oga close your mouth. Go to Abuja and see for your self. Stop spiting out nonsense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by 4ckyou: 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
StAmbrose1:

You have a point there. But make it top 10 or 20. At least, Nigeria has more than 30 states. So it should comfortably have 20 beautiful and advanced cities with few world standardized metrics of development.
Kaduna, Abeokuta, awka and warri are nice in terms of development, and jobs availability.
awka and warri don't have jobs, I have been to both states, Benin and kano have job opportunities than awka and warri

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by 4ckyou: 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dawn91:

Remove port Harcourt from that list , Calabar too. Of you want to add Calabar then my Benin city should be there then

am from Benin, nothing they Benin bro.
most places in oredo are brown roof, Edo need a new capital city.
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by orlaglobal234: 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
Which Owerri are you sure you know Owerri very well? isn't Owerri that i am for soo long you are try to tell me is the third beautiful city in Nigeria........

Have you travel to city like Uyo, Calaba, Kaduna, Yola, Enugu, Maiduguri even Sokoto more beautiful than Owerri
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by doctor306(m): 2:56am On Apr 24, 2022
The most beautiful eastern state is ebonyi state followed by cross river then Enugu before owerri (during okorocha term ) . Don’t quote me if you haven’t visited .
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Remman(m): 7:56am On Apr 24, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:
As a confirmed Omoluabi guy from Igbęsa Ogun state, I have been to so many states in Nigeria and i must confess no city comes close to Owerri in terms beauty and aesthetic apart from lagos and Abuja.
Please if you feel otherwise, kindly post videos for us to see.
N.B Trolls stay away, this is not a thread for unnecessary arguments but a way to showcase the beautiful sides of our country, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhsLsQwSYM
this thing look like village na... Ordinary Kaduna fine pass this thing na!

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by cally10(m): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2022
[quote author=07kjb post=112210656]Outside Abuja maybe Lagos,no State is more beautiful and developed than IMO state generally
Beautiful owerri might be in top 10 but development on general note, you're lying oga
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by cally10(m): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2022
[quote author=07kjb post=112210656]Outside Abuja maybe Lagos,no State is more beautiful and developed than IMO state generally

Beautiful owerri might be in top 10 but development on general note, you're lying oga
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2022
Remman:

Lol. Kaduna ?
This isn't the central area of owerri but it can comfortably beat kaduna city in ecstasy.
Unless you don't have data for the video

Kaduna has some great roads anyway

Here is the owerri central area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsHISMiifr8

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ThEGodFaThEr131: 9:27am On Apr 24, 2022
Remman:
Okay na! Oya, show us Kaduna na. No be by mouth alone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Grgt0n: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol. Kaduna ?
This isn't the central area of owerri but it can comfortably beat kaduna city in ecstasy.
Unless you don't have data for the video

Kaduna has some great roads anyway

Here is the owerri central area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsHISMiifr8

Just saw this video of Owerri. Owerri is a village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSRTXS1w-c
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 11:08am On Apr 24, 2022
Grgt0n:

Just saw this video of Owerri. Owerri is a village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVSRTXS1w-c

Lol you mean afonja sponsored video..
Why not continue driving...he had to drive towards a byk pack two times before hitting a single road..that should be old world Bank road(It could even be an old video uploaded recently)...
with comments like.."owerri is not a place...blablabla"

He was also still in Owerri and shouting we are driving out of owerri grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ruggedtimi(m): 12:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol. Your edited pictures won't help you. Infact, it even looks uglier.
Leave it real like owerri below
you keep showing same area in Owerri...this is not a photoshop photo of ph

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Shevchenkko: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:

When it comes to beauty, I want to believe Owerri surpasses Enugu
No you're wrong. Perhaps you have not been to Enugu before

4 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Lazenby007(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Aerial view of any place is always beautiful. Have you being to Kano?
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Grgt0n: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol you mean afonja sponsored video..
Why not continue driving...he had to drive towards a byk pack two times before hitting a single road..that should be old world Bank road(It could even be an old video uploaded recently)...
with comments like.."owerri is not a place...blablabla"
He was also still in Owerri and shouting we are driving out of owerriD

Stop deceiving yourself, this is current video of owerri. The blogger showed the real owerri and not the deceptive aerial view. Even the aerial view of thick forest also looks good from drone video. Owerri is a glorified village
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by PapaFejiro: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
You have clearly not been to Calabar and Uyo for you to even say apart from Lagos and Abuja. Save for the economic and government settings is Lagos and Abuja that fine?
If you want to see serene, cool, clean and calm environments, go to Uyo or Calabar.
ThEGodFaThEr131:

Hmmm...are you Sure? Video pics speaks more than a thousand words.

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Ikenna29(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
After Akwa ibom and calabar.. Enugu state is the next before IMO state
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Raymeg7(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr131:

When it comes to beauty, I want to believe Owerri surpasses Enugu
no no, I may not have pix of both of them, but I leave close to both of them, and I do go to both cities, Enugu is far more beautiful then Owerri,

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Raymeg7(m): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
Malory:
Calabar is far more beautiful than Owerri. I schooled in Owerri and later served in Calabar so I know what I'm talking about
is not in doubt, calabar is beautiful, I do go there too, u can talk of Enugu and calabar not Owerri,

1 Like

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ruggedtimi(m): 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
Spiff20:
Does the image below look familiar to you or na for Choba you de stay. Try de commot and know your area. 20yrs ko.
that guy obviously na choba marine base him dey stay
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
Grgt0n:

Stop deceiving yourself, this is current video of owerri. The blogger showed the real owerri and not the deceptive aerial view. Even the aerial view of thick forest also looks good from drone video. Owerri is a glorified village

Lol. You are shocked how I analysed the video. You thought everyone is 'data-less' like you.
New or old, it was on same street.... Running around a circle of waterlogged area.
He should get enough fuel next time and cover at least 2 streets to start with

No wonder his channel is so poor.
#poor propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
ruggedtimi:
you keep showing same area in Owerri...this is not a photoshop photo of ph

No need for argument brother..the video the op uploaded is not even same area with the one I uploaded. Mine is the city center covering Concord, umezurike axis, Bank road, etc

The op's is Egbeada, amakohia, spitbat axis.

Get a data and watch

There are other areas in the city not captured; okigwe road/orji, Imsu road, wetheral , Akachi road, egbu road, MCC, Ikenegbu, Aladinma, prefab, Trans-egbu, Naze etc.. and we are hoping that a video about this areas would be made as soon as possible so you can cry again

3 Likes

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Grgt0n: 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Stop embarrassing yourself, that video showed what Owerri looks like, if you like continue to live in denial, it doesn't change the fact about Owerri being a village.

Broveens42:

Lol. You are shocked how I analysed the video. You thought everyone is 'data-less' like you.
New or old, it was on same street.... Running around a circle of waterlogged area.
He should get enough fuel next time and cover at least 2 streets to start with
No wonder his channel is so poor.
#poor propaganda
Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by ruggedtimi(m): 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Broveens42:

No need for argument brother..the video the op uploaded is not even same area with the one I uploaded. Mine is the city center covering Concord, umezurike axis, Bank road, etc

The op's is Egbeada, amakohia, spitbat axis.

Get a data and watch

There are other areas in the city not captured; okigwe road/orji, Imsu road, wetheral , Akachi road, egbu road, MCC, Ikenegbu, Aladinma, prefab, Trans-egbu, Naze etc.. and we are hoping that a video about this areas would be made as soon as possible so you can cry again
guy how u go dey call Naze, aladinma and imsu road for here...those places be like old pH...Owerri dilapidated roads, yeye tunnel, word bank road omg worst of Dem...the issue of Owerri is maintenance else d place for fine well well no doubt.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? by Broveens42(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
ruggedtimi:
guy how u go dey call Naze, aladinma and imsu road for here...those places be like old pH...Owerri dilapidated roads, yeye tunnel, word bank road omg worst of Dem...the issue of Owerri is maintenance else d place for fine well well no doubt.

Stop crying when you have nothing to say

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bolt Driver Text Lady After A Ride, Lady Shares Chat / Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.