Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

" Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? (10701 Views)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by FatherOfJesus: 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
Originalsly:

A Bible Believing Church is not the same as a church that believes in the Bible according to one's interpretation. We have to take it as that.... a BBC... and not assume it meant something else.
The Bible has different interpretations hence different doctrines.
All if them believe their church is the bible believing church including you
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by victorDanladi: 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
ChocolateWine:
Good question.

Are the churches we have really bible believing churches?

Do they live by what they find in the bible or they formulate their own?

Do they celebrate Christmas, Easter, new year when their master Jesus didn't do the same or the bible didn't ask them to?

Do they join politics when Jesus who was most powerful didn't join politics?

Do they worship idols in the form of Mary and Jesus when Jesus or his disciples or the bible didn't do anything like that?

Do they remove God's name from the bible and replace it with Lord and God?

Do they push for tithes when God and the bible no longer mandates tithe giving?

Do you commit all form of sin and continue the next day as the church pastor?

Can Jesus actually say this the church I started?

Jesus didn't start any church

Paul apostle did!

Did they sing and dance as a form of worship when Jesus himself never did?
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
hopexter:

I’ll say Jehovah witness is a Bible believing Church even though I’m not one. We all have been preached to several times without being invited to their churches. They’re more concerned of you understanding the world of God and they way they’re so good at it, shows that JW is a Bible people church.

Redeemed- believes in entertainment and praises and worship with sophisticated and sound musical instruments.

Winners Chapel- same with redeemed with a hint of Show business.

Catholic- Glorifies Mary the mother of Jesus and sing hymns and songs of praises to Mary undecided

jW make sense, them even Dey do offering, the box dey behind.

2 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
yommen:

There are some of your comments that I find baseless. You asked if they join politics when Jesus, the most powerful didn't? Does it mean Jesus is automatically against people in government? Ohh. You can as well ask if they get married and bear children when Jesus didn't?

Jesus and the bible condemned politics. (Matt. 4:8, 9; John 14:30; John 17:16; 1 John 5:19) Jesus or the bible did not condemn getting married.

[s]Point of note, we can only emulate the behavioural patterns and teachers of Jesus but we can't be like Jesus. Why? Jesus was conceived of the holy spirit. We are not.[/s]
no point here. Try to be like Jesus, that is the instructions, not deviating from his foot steps

Furthermore, you asked if they pay tithe when God and the Bible no longer instructs about it. Where did God say 'no more tithe?'
Why did God institute the tithe?

And what is wrong in celebrating the birth and death of Jesus when those days happen to be days that hope was restored to mankind? Oh why do you celebrate birthdays in your house?
We are talking o bible believing church, not what they think is right church.

I rest my case.
Your case just started

2 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
musicwriter:

This reminds me when I was a member of Lord's chosen church back in the days. There was this brother that came visiting from the village and he won't go to church on Sundays. I thought he was the devil himself, so one day I told him "you can't stay in my house without going to church. You must look for any bible believing church" and begin going to church on Sundays. I was even ready to throw him outside the house if he didn't obey. And that's how I pressured him to begin going to church against his will.

Little did I know I was dumb. I had no idea at that time what a dumb religion Christianity.

Christianity is based on falsehood. Jesus is the biggest fraud ever committed in history.

He've long returned to the village. I hope he didn't permanently take my instruction. In fact, any time I see him again I'll apologize to him, and if he's a Christian, I'll stop him from going to church by all means.

What changed?

How did you arrive at this your fraud claim?
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2022
writeprof:

You have some valid points in your conclusion however I think your interpretation of Matthew 10: 11- 17 is out of context. Those homes where to provide accommodation for them... Jesus sent them to towns, homes.
Acts 1:8; Matthew 28: 19-20;ark 16: 15-17; Luke 24:47. Go through these. God bless you.

YES! But such can only work in the land of Israel where God has included in His laws to be kind to strangers {Deuteronomy 14:29} but when sending them out of his own country Jesus instructed them to provide for their need in the ministry {Luke 22:35-37} that's why Apostle Paul WORKED to support himself in the ministry! Act 18:3

So my friend it's only within the boarders of Israel that Jesus' disciples can expect to be treated well even though they are strangers in the eyes of their audience, but outside Israel such is not to be expected! smiley
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by writeprof(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES! But such can only work in the land of Israel where God has included in His laws to be kind to strangers {Deuteronomy 14:29} but when sending them out of his own country Jesus instructed them to provide for their need in the ministry {Luke 22:35-37} that's why Apostle Paul WORKED to support himself in the ministry! Act 18:3

So my friend it's only within the boarders of Israel that Jesus' disciples can expect to be treated well even though they are strangers in the eyes of their audience, but outside Israel such is not to be expected! smiley

So, what is wrong with preaching in public spaces because that's what you are against?
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
victorDanladi:

Paul apostle did!

Clap for yourself. The Apostle Paul's church, you mean?

I know they sang and Jesus sang. I don't know of dance.

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by JorgedeToledo: 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
hopexter:

I’ll say Jehovah witness is a Bible believing Church even though I’m not one. We all have been preached to several times without being invited to their churches. They’re more concerned of you understanding the world of God and they way they’re so good at it, shows that JW is a Bible people church.

Redeemed- believes in entertainment and praises and worship with sophisticated and sound musical instruments.

Winners Chapel- same with redeemed with a hint of Show business.

Catholic- Glorifies Mary the mother of Jesus and sing hymns and songs of praises to Mary undecided

The Jehovah witnesses denounce Jesus Christ as God.
They say he is an archangel (same as archangel Michael). This automatically disqualifies them as christians.

The Bible they use is the New World Translation which was first published in 1950, is a deliberate alteration of the holy scriptures so as to suit themselves in their falsehood.

They claim to serve Jehovah but they don't. They actually serve the Governing Body of the Watchtower based in New York. Anything the Governing Body instructs them to do (whether it's against the holy scriptures or not), they must do. Failure to do so will attract such a person being disfellowshipped i.e ostracized.

If for any reason, a Jehovah witness (JW) leaves the organization, such a person will be completely ostracized by his own wife, parents, brothers and sisters and even his own children.

The Jehovah witnesses is a cult. They don't believe in the Holy Spirit as God or as a person. They believe it as an active force (something like a non-living thing).

They have predicted many times that the world will come to an end but time and time again, they have failed. Two well known examples are the 1914 and 1975 failed end-of-the-world predictions.

Please look up this link and get more info about this cult group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kox1QCcaAsc
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
writeprof:

So, what is wrong with preaching in public spaces because that's what you are against?
Are you follower of John the baptizer or follower of Jesus?

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
Blessedofchrist:
EXAMPLE OF NON-BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH undecided

Please Details, name etc
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Razgas:
This foolish statement was started by people leaving the Catholic Church. Mostly by pastorprenures who milk their sheep to the bones.

Unfortunately for this simple minded fools, the current bible was compiled by the Catholic church in AD 382. They put the books they wanted and kept aside the ones they didn't want. It's the same books your criminal pastors are using to steal your money

Your comments are biased, I can show you doctrines and practices in catholic churches that are not accurate in scriptures nor captured in it
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by sweetkev(m): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
Blessedofchrist:
How sure are you ? Let God be the judge.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Bahamas95(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
Do you know if some of them believe in quran?

These pastors like copying each other, I am very sure someone started it and it became a tradition. Statements like..........

"Let your amen be loud like thunder"

"As I clap my hands and pray"

"Turn to your neighbour and say.........." Etc were started by someone and others copied.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by phemmyfour: 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:
When preachers tell their new converts to start going to a bible-believing church....what do they mean??

Can anyone tell us the churches that are not bible-believing?

A bible believing Church follows Jesus n the apostles teachings as recorded in the Bible
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by writeprof(m): 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
ChocolateWine:
Are you follower of John the baptizer or follower of Jesus?

Why answer my question with another question?
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by phemmyfour: 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
Blessedofchrist:
grin

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by achorladey: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:
When preachers tell their new converts to start going to a bible-believing church....what do they mean??

When preachers tell their new converts to start going to a bible-believing church....what do they mean

It means look and hear me well. These Christian religious denominations have been divided into many sect or factions in the way they are set up in recent times and I want to divide it further by adding another criteria called BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by phemmyfour: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
sweetkev:
How sure are you ? Let God be the judge.
You are even asking if he's sure....."By their fruits, you shall know them"

Whatever he was doing there isn't Bible based
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
Image123:

cheesy cheesy i actually change their mindsets or put the stone headed ones to their heels like the devil flees. They avoid fire.

No need to stress yourself. I want to feel that fire...Shoot!

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
musicwriter:

This reminds me when I was a member of Lord's chosen church back in the days. There was this brother that came visiting from the village and he won't go to church on Sundays. I thought he was the devil himself, so one day I told him "you can't stay in my house without going to church. You must look for any bible believing church" and begin going to church on Sundays. I was even ready to throw him outside the house if he didn't obey. And that's how I pressured him to begin going to church against his will.

Little did I know I was dumb. I had no idea at that time what a dumb religion Christianity.

Christianity is based on falsehood. Jesus is the biggest fraud ever committed in history.

He've long returned to the village. I hope he didn't permanently take my instruction. In fact, any time I see him again I'll apologize to him, and if he's a Christian, I'll stop him from going to church by all means.

Eyah they have finally gotten you. Kai this world is wicked, when the enemy wants to finish a lamb or prey he isolates him. Whatever imperfections you see in a church doesn't define the church of christ or Him.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
[quote author=CorperKola post=112231152]
You are decwiving yaself. Which holy spirit? Is it different for different people. You are just deluded. Thats all.[/Lolx hahahahahaha ]

Nope he is correct you are the one ignorant. Read your Bible atleast
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
writeprof:

Why answer my question with another question?
Because Jesus always answered questions with question to people who were asking questions for asking sake.

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by phemmyfour: 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

[s]It's a demonic expression but only spirit filled Bible students can discern such speeches!

First of all the way those people rise up in buses, market places and street corners and start making noise is antichristian[/s].
What do i mean?
The man who commissioned preaching and teaching is called "Jesus of Nazareth" he commanded his disciples to go and meet people in their homes or anywhere they can have a one on one conversation with their listeners! Matthew 10:11-13
We need to really understand Jesus before we can work for/with him.
He doesn't want us to disturb anyone with noise perhaps the person is thinking something in his mind and is not in the mood for talks or trying to figure out something so he needs a calm and quiet environment but he can't find such a place, so Jesus wants us to greet him then ask for permission to speak! Matthew 12:19
In that way we have shown respect for our neighbour. That's why Jesus asked us to visit them at home because if they're lovers of God they will like to talk about God! Malachi 3:16

But since most people claiming Christians today are misinformed Churchgoers they just want to say what they're taught in their various worship centers and they don't respect their neighbours so they just start talking, of course they know it's not proper that's why they try to catch the attention of Churchgoers like them by starting with songs common among Churchgoers and once some in the audience join in the chorus they feel they've gotten enough support to spew their gibberish.

Now why is it that they're saying "Bible believing church" instead of telling their listeners to come and become disciples who will also preach and teach for Jesus?

They know there's no arrangement in their places of worship for what they're doing in the buses or on the streets so they will end up telling you to go and choose the religion you think is OK.
Jesus established preaching and teaching for his disciples in pairs {Luke 10:1} so that when the person loves your message you can return to establish a free home Bible study with your friend, it's after he/she has become convinced that he/she will become eager to know the source of this great wisdom. Then is the time to invite them to the gathering where you're also learning {Hebrews 10:24-25} to become active disciples of Christ not just Churchgoers! 2Timothy 3:16-17 smiley
Where did Jesus said that they should meet people in their houses?

He sent them out to preach the gospel, Don't add to the scriptures. The apostles went from town to town preaching the gospel. Phillip met the Ethiopian man along the road and ministered to him

Act 8:26-30

Now an angel(A) of the Lord said to Philip,(B) “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27 So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian[a](C) eunuch,(D) an important official in charge of all the treasury of the Kandake (which means “queen of the Ethiopians”). This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship,(E) 28 and on his way home was sitting in his chariot reading the Book of Isaiah the prophet. 29 The Spirit told(F) Philip, “Go to that chariot and stay near it.”

30 Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
victorDanladi:

Paul apostle did!

Did they dance and sing with apostle Paul? You are either a free thinker or a Muslim cos if you remotely read your Bible you wouldn't have said such

Matthew 26:30 KJV
And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

Mark 14:26 KJV
And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by spontane(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
You guys can deceive yourselves with that crap "Bible Believing". The harm Pentecostalism has caused Africans is far reaching.

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Ken4Christ: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
ikorodureporta:

This is the mistake that has been handed down by our church fathers. The content of the whole Bible is not for the believers in Christ. For instance, we are not under the Law of Moses. So, the instructions or commandments under the law are not for the church.

It is better to ask people to go to a Christ believing church. Jesus laid the foundation for the church. And the Apostles built on it. Our lives are lived by the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles.

There are of course, many contents of the Old Testament that are still a blessing to us. But be guided by the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles.

2 Likes

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
writeprof:

Please it's what the scriptures say about Jesus that i quoted {Matthew 12:19} and the reason is found in Jesus' own words {Matthew 7:12} we want to be respected so if anyone wants to talk to us greeting matters first {Matthew 10:12} introduction and presentation of our message! Matthew 10:13

So it's about logical reasoning Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
Adeebiwa09:

Your comments are biased, I can show you doctrines and practices in catholic churches that are not accurate in scriptures nor captured in it
show me
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Uptownerd: 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
It means you have not been brainwashed enough.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by ictplotter(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
SPTruth:
It is one thing to believe in the Bible and another to believe in the Spirit that inspired the Bible. The Bible is a Lock, it can only be truly studied and understood with the right key the HOLY SPIRIT. Any other key you are using will lead to wrong interpretation. Even prostitutes, homosexuals, muslims, traditionalists twist the Bible to their favor, claiming it supports their views. Many churches out there only claim to believe in the Bible. But when you show them in plain white and black that what they are doing is unscriptural, they will refuse to repent and still hold true with their "church traditions ". Because their words are far from what is in their hearts. Many Churches don't take the Word of God as Supreme. Same way, Jesus said, If you love Me, obey me, yet many of us keep shouting, I love Jesus and moving from one sexual partner to the other.
Dummy and rubbish.. bible is the most contradicting book on earth. Whatever way u interpret it, u are 100% right n correct. What do u expect from a book with both old and new testament, with more than 2000 different versions n editions? Bible itself is the author of confusion n misunderstanding.
Re: " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
phemmyfour:
You are even asking if he's sure....."By their fruits, you shall know them"

Whatever he was doing there isn't Bible based

You are right, the activity there is not captured as a Bible based action. However if you on the basis of that concluded that the so called white garment churches are not Bible believing you would be 100% wrong. There are the occultic ones, the doctrinal ones and the Bible based ones.

Ps: I was born and bred in one of such churches (cherubim and Seraphim movement church). Got born again and baptised in the Holy Ghost. Make I no talk too much story, if you have any questions or confusion about the church I would be glad to explain or clear any grey areas. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? / The Jet Controversy By Tony Rapu. / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.