Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include (1146 Views)

Why You Should Stop Chasing Girls, Sad But True (pictures) / They Said My Elder Bro Look Like Pyhno Is It True (pictures) / Is it True (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by LincolnOnyeabor: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
On Crypto Twitter, I came across this response by a guy and I was dumbfounded!

Like, does he think the whole Africa is just one piece of Community or Village or what??

I've heard people say that most foreigners they've met don't really know about Africa as a continent and just know little about Lagos and Nigeria and somehow this makes it more believable.

Is that correct??

Mods, Lalasticlala, Dominique, Mynd 44 I'd like more audience on this please.

Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by God1000(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
Yeah and it is due to ignorance, many westerners aren't too interested in what happens outside their countries.

In fact, Nigerians are more informed about foreign affairs than Americans and Britons, and they are also easy to manipulate despite the sound education and high literacy level there.

Many of them are only concerned about what goes on within their country.

They don't do research or read much news about other countries
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2022
you will be surprised t know how many foreigners are just dumb, not only about Africa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0TK_vk-XDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRh1zXFKC_o
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by yanabasee(m): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:
Yeah and it is due to ignorance, many westerners aren't too interested in what happens outside their countries.

In fact, Nigerians are more informed about foreign affairs than Americans and Britons, and they are also easy to manipulate despite the sound education and high literacy level there.

Sad truth....

Give the white Africa and give Africans Europe... And Africans will start buying tickets to go be with the whites in Africa....

1 Like

Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by LincolnOnyeabor: 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
And that's why they usually fall victims to some outlandish stuff.

With their level of education and knowledge, you'd expect a bit more but it is what it is
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by LincolnOnyeabor: 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
yanabasee:

Sad truth....

Give the white Africa and give Africans Europe... And Africans will start buying tickets to go be with the whites in Africa....

grin grin grin this is sadly the truth.
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by internationalman(m): 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:

What do you expect. When your country is boring you tend to seek excitement elsewhere by paying close attention to the happenings in other countries.

And those whites don't know much about Africa and Africans because they are self sufficient and they don't care if Africa exists and they don't go about seeking validation like Black people do..
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by LincolnOnyeabor: 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
internationalman:

What do you expect. When your country is boring you tend to seek excitement elsewhere by paying close attention to the happenings in other countries.

And those whites don't know much about Africa and Africans because they are self sufficient and they don't care if Africa exists and they don't go about seeking validation like Black people do..

Your last paragraph sums it all up.
But I think it's not just they being self sufficient. They are self sufficient but don't what others to be reason why their governments always find ways of interfering on other Independent countries business.
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by God1000(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
internationalman:

But I believe Knowing about other countries is beyond what you stated here.

People that study international relations will understand.

Doesn't it bother you that Europeans and Americans keep spreading false narrative about Africa which is largely due to ignorance, they spread falsehood and misinformation about us every now and then through the media
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by AllKnowing: 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
I am even tired of having these sorta dumb conversations when they come up while I’m speaking with someone (usually the much older folks) at the mall or school. Football and online game forums help the younger folks to know more about Africa, geographically. They know M. Salah is an African-Egyptian; just like they know Mikel Obi is an African-Nigerian.

“Oh yeah, Africa is a country. See that fair-skinned African guy over there with the accent that sounds different from mine? Oh yes, yes he’s my brother, younger brother.”

Europeans are so geographically uninformed you’ll marvel! Na we naija people de carry their affairs for head to claim say we know book!
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by internationalman(m): 11:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
LincolnOnyeabor:

Your last paragraph sums it all up.
But I think it's not just they being self sufficient. They are self sufficient but don't what others to be reason why their governments always find ways of interfering on other Independent countries business.

You people are not getting it.

All I'm trying to say is that the poor always knows more about the rich and the rich barely even knows about the poor.
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by LincolnOnyeabor: 11:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
internationalman:

All I'm trying to say is that the poor always knows more about the rich and the rich barely even knows about the poor.

You're � correct my good sir.

grin
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:59pm On Apr 24, 2022
Lol not new,tho is not a case of being dumb or ignorant,they just feel a region who's reliance on them can't be over emphasized doesn't really need to be worried about.
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by christianjoy(m): 12:06am On Apr 25, 2022
internationalman:

wisdom
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by Connected1: 12:27am On Apr 25, 2022
They see no importance in knowing the nations in Africa, if they do then they would rush to learn them just the way we do.

When we learn to worship Africa then others will worship Africa with us.
Re: The Saying That Many Foreigners Don't Know Africa Is It True?? (pictures Include by Jeon(f): 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
LAST LAST UNAH DON CAST
gringringringrin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

“I No Know Say Money Dey Ashewo” — Lady Quits Her Day Job To Become Ashewo / What A Girl Did To Me / If You Are Depressed Reach Out To Me... Let's Chat...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.