Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

"religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! (2232 Views)

100% Proof That Religion Is A Sham. MUST READ !!!! / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / Religion Is The Root Of All Evil ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

why ofcourse, is Judaism violent   does it practice(d) terrorism, hard-core fanticsm, religious dogma, conversions/forced conversions, imposition, slavery,colonialism, etc 
hardly.

all this was and in sum cases is being done by islam n christianity.

also when you buy an expenisve bag, lyk say, an original Gucci bag, will it work better than the fake duplicate Chinese Gucci bag you brought from a local store NO  the duplicate will easily tear whereas the original stays strong.

Its the same here with religion. Judaism is the original stuff and it propagates religion in a better, civil and moral way, whereas islam n christianity are fake, really-bad copies.

Faith in God ofcourse!!!!! in this case it does not matter what God they invoked because their reason was not religous or selfish. They just needed strength to work hard for their business.
Is Judaism not the state religion of Israel? Don't they use this same same religion to practise oppression and institutionalized terrorism against the people of Palestine? Judaism is NOT civil, it is no different from the other abrahamic faiths, it is immoral, a tool for oppression.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by LoveKing(m): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2011
The day will come soon when man will do away with religion.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2011
LoveKing:

The day will come soon when man will do away with religion.
Amen to that, and in addition, when men will understand the innate meaning of morality and fraternity. Then, peace will abound.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2011
claremont:

Is Judaism not the state religion of Israel? Don't they use this same same religion to practise oppression and institutionalized terrorism against the people of Palestine? Judaism is NOT civil, it is no different from the other abrahamic faiths, it is immoral, a tool for oppression.

sorry lets not go into politics. my political views are in support of Israel and they are different from yours. In my opinion Israel has always been the land of the Hebrews from time immortal. its their land. the muslims arabs came later and now they got what they deserve. angry angry
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

sorry lets not go into politics. my political views are in support of Israel and they are different from yours. In my opinion Israel has always been the land of the Hebrews from time immortal. its their land. the muslims arabs came later and now they got what they deserve. angry angry
Who gave them the land?
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2011
my father gave them the land. wat do you mean by this, eh angry angry

no one gave them land. their cavemen ancestors must have been living there before lyk the animals. when man became a bit too proud and[i] civilized [/i] as they say, he probably became territorial and started laying claim to it. or maybe cavemen were already territorial. undecided
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

my father gave them the land. wat do you mean by this, eh angry angry

no one gave them land. their cavemen ancestors must have been living there before lyk the animals. when man became a bit too proud and[i] civilized [/i] as they say, he probably became territorial and started laying claim to it. or maybe cavemen were already territorial. undecided
Where is the evidence that the Israeli were the first on that land?! Not biblical evidence, I mean scientific evidence that they are the right ful owners of the land.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by jpworld(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2011
Religion is a fairytale, used to take advantage of those who are afraid of the inevitable death, and it's used as a form of mass control. Religion has caused so many wars and so much hate in human history, is it really making our world better?

It's a scam and it's about time everyone grew up and just accepted that maybe there is no heaven and there is no God. I understand people want something to believe, but how about believe in yourself. You are real and you can actually make a difference, don't wait for so called "divine intervention", it won't come!
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2011
claremont:

Where is the evidence that the Israeli were the first on that land?! Not biblical evidence, I mean scientific evidence that they are the right ful owners of the land.

[i]non-biblical evidence[/i]that depends mainly on archaeologic sites and inscriptions and the discovery of Pagan idols used for worship by the ancient Israelites and Canaanites of which there r many.

try these links:

http://www.matrifocus.com/LAM04/spotlight.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology_of_Israel

Example:

Asherah idol worshiped by ancient Israelites. (Fertility Godess)

Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2011
jpworld:

Religion is a fairytale, used to take advantage of those who are afraid of the inevitable death, and it's used as a form of mass control. Religion has caused so many wars and so much hate in human history, is it really making our world better?

It's a scam and it's about time everyone grew up and just accepted that maybe there is no heaven and there is no God. I understand people want something to believe, but how about believe in yourself. You are real and you can actually make a difference, don't wait for so called "divine intervention", it won't come!

stop blaming all religions for d faults of a couple of wrong misguiding religions. angry angry angry angry
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by grailife(m): 12:09am On Jul 11, 2011
if there is no God how come there is man. You want me to believe that after the big bang then suddenly everything appeared, the sky,cloud, sun, moon, stars, air that we breath, land, soil, fruits that we eat, trees, water that we drink, how about the rain, snow, fish and all the sea food, oil, diamond, gold, coal and all the natural resources, animals that we eat, flowers, language that we speak, we etc. Man, trees,animals all have male and female. The world is so wonderful to exist without a creator.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:14am On Jul 11, 2011
science, astronomy and (Pagan) religion are intertwined. cool
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by divinereal: 3:35am On Jul 11, 2011
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 7:36am On Jul 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

science, astronomy and (Pagan) religion are intertwined. cool
Wrong! Science and Religion are mutually exclusive; science works on the basis of proof, religion on the other hand works on the basis of hear-say.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2011
claremont:

Wrong! Science and Religion are mutually exclusive; science works on the basis of proof, religion on the other hand works on the basis of hear-say.

Wrong! all religions do not function the same way! sum religions r more scientifically-oriented.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

Wrong! all religions do not function the same way! sum religions r more scientifically-oriented.
How can a religion be scientifically-oriented?! Religion and Science are light years apart and will never have a common meeting ground. Religion works for it's adherents based on their "faith", science works on the basis of tried and tested theories which have developed over time to produce proofs. Religion has failed all known scientific tests for authenticity, no miracles have ever been proven beyond reasonable doubt to have occurred. All religion are deceitful, vile, and are designed to perpetuate fraud among their adherents.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2011
your just being generalised. angry Pagan religions do not function lyk mootheistic religions for the simple reason that they do not distinguish between good or bad. They are more about forces.

dont u know that the Pagans were the first to start and researcch medicne and the first to chart th progress of the planets and stars and the first to suggest that the world is round and revolves around the Sun, and the first to start geometry, maths, etc. In Fact, everything in this world has Pagan origins and i am not exaggerating.

In Paganism, whatever id being said may actually mean something entirely diifferent. their have even been hidden allusions to the big slam theory in some religions.

The Egyptian Pyramids, for example, were a religious structure made entirely using Scientific methods and even using the sciences of moisture, etc to ensure that bodies of ancient Pharaohs dont rot and remain preserved for millenia.
In fact, the 3 main Pyramids of Giza r directly under 3 stars/constellations.

The ancient Mayan religion was extremely advanced in astrology with relation to astronomy, Earth movements, etc. They were usually able to make accurate predictions.

There are a million examples. i just put a few here.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

your just being generalised. angry Pagan religions do not function lyk mootheistic religions for the simple reason that they do not distinguish between good or bad. They are more about forces.

dont u know that the Pagans were the first to start and researcch medicne and the first to chart th progress of the planets and stars and the first to suggest that the world is round and revolves around the Sun, and the first to start geometry, maths, etc. In Fact, everything in this world has Pagan origins and i am not exaggerating.

In Paganism, whatever id being said may actually mean something entirely diifferent. their have even been hidden allusions to the big slam theory in some religions.

The Egyptian Pyramids, for example, were a religious structure made entirely using Scientific methods and even using the sciences of moisture, etc to ensure that bodies of ancient Pharaohs dont rot and remain preserved for millenia.
In fact, the 3 main Pyramids of Giza r directly under 3 stars/constellations.

The ancient Mayan religion was extremely advanced in astrology with relation to astronomy, Earth movements, etc. They were usually able to make accurate predictions.

There are a million examples. i just put a few here.
What deity do pagans pray to, and what is the proof of existence of such a deity?!
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2011
the Pagans do not pray to any particular God, i.e., they pray to all Gods and their forms. complicated, riighh??  grin
first of all, God is infinite, i.e. 0 or vice versa.
the Pagans usually have a Pantheon of Gods whereby theres a creator and lesser Gods created by the creator which serve dfferent functions of life in different areas, in general. for example, theres a God of War, a God of Wealth, etc.

thats the reason why people who want to focus their forces on a particular path, e.g., a farmer who wants rain will pray to the God of Rain. this is a more personallised way of praying to God, because it develops a more intimate connection since the God is everything for what he is praying for, i.e. rain./ However if you want something, you must give something in return. For example, a person who wants to earn money must give his hard work and strength in return. a student who wants knowledge must in turn repay it with devotion, money or even both. an leopard who wants food, must sacrifice his energy to catch the food. This is one of the simple laws governing the workings of the universe. This is the very point of making sacrifices. The farmer will then usually give sum of his food or sacrifice a small chicken or goat in order to get wat he wants in return.

The Pagans pray to nature, the creatures around them, etc. because they believe that theres an imprint of God in all his creations. the proof ofcourse, is his creations. Since God is infinite, theres a littile bit of God in everything, yet you can also take that as nothing or vice versa. (Now you know why i said atheism and Paganism r co-related) however, this is still religion, we r talking about. to a true devotee, God will himself reveal himself to him or through his actions. it has happened many a times. also if you have a conscience, you will notice a certain force that guides your actions. this is a bit complicated to explain, but its there. im speaking from experience.
remember, humans might be mentally superior to all the creatures around us, but we still have a certain 6-th sense, as they say. this is again a bit difficult to explain. only a person who has experienced such phenomenon can truly know what it means.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

the Pagans do not pray to any particular God, i.e., they pray to all Gods and their forms. complicated, riighh??  grin
first of all, God is infinite, i.e. 0 or vice versa.
the Pagans usually have a Pantheon of Gods whereby theres a creator and lesser Gods created by the creator which serve dfferent functions of life in different areas, in general. for example, theres a God of War, a God of Wealth, etc.

thats the reason why people who want to focus their forces on a particular path, e.g., a farmer who wants rain will pray to the God of Rain. this is a more personallised way of praying to God, because it develops a more intimate connection since the God is everything for what he is praying for, i.e. rain./ However if you want something, you must give something in return. For example, a person who wants to earn money must give his hard work and strength in return. a student who wants knowledge must in turn repay it with devotion, money or even both. an leopard who wants food, must sacrifice his energy to catch the food. This is one of the simple laws governing the workings of the universe. This is the very point of making sacrifices. The farmer will then usually give sum of his food or sacrifice a small chicken or goat in order to get wat he wants in return.

The Pagans pray to nature, the creatures around them, etc. because they believe that theres an imprint of God in all his creations. the proof ofcourse, is his creations. Since God is infinite, theres a littile bit of God in everything, yet you can also take that as nothing or vice versa. (Now you know why i said atheism and Paganism r co-related) however, this is still religion, we r talking about. to a true devotee, God will himself reveal himself to him or through his actions. it has happened many a times. also if you have a conscience, you will notice a certain force that guides your actions. this is a bit complicated to explain, but its there. im speaking from experience.
remember, humans might be mentally superior to all the creatures around us, but we still have a certain 6-th sense, as they say. this is again a bit difficult to explain. only a person who has experienced such phenomenon can truly know what it means.
Is there any rational evidence that the so-called prayers to nature e.t.c works?
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2011
if the subject is supernatural, the proof has to be supernatural. you cannot have material evidence, lyk archaeological evidence, literary material ,etc to prove that God exists or prayers work. However their have been instances where people who have had experience, have written it down in ancient inscriptions or told us even now.

therefore, if you want proof, you must experience it yourself.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

if the subject is supernatural, the proof has to be supernatural. you cannot have material evidence, lyk archaeological evidence, literary material ,etc to prove that God exists or prayers work. However their have been instances where people who have had experience, have written it down in ancient inscriptions or told us even now.

therefore, if you want proof, you must experience it yourself.
You can't tell me that all pagans who pray do so because the subject is supernatural. Surely, people pray for different material reasons such as for a new car, house, husband/wife, job, travel abroad, e.t.c. There has to be a way of validating the effectiveness of the prayer by evaluating if what was prayed for was actually received?! This is applicable in all abrahamic faiths, hence I believe it should also be applicable to pagans as well. I find it hard to believe that pagans only pray for supernatural thing, and not material.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2011
no u misunderstand me claremont! i was not referring to the subject of prayer. i was instead referring to the subject for which you want evidence. i.e, the subject here is the supernatural. you r trying to prove the supernatural righ because prayer and God r supernatural. so therefore the proof to prove the supernatural must be supernatural.

If you want proof of God, go seek God.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

no u misunderstand me claremont! i was not referring to the subject of prayer. i was instead referring to the subject for which you want evidence. i.e, the subject here is the supernatural. you r trying to prove the supernatural righ because prayer and God r supernatural. so therefore the proof to prove the supernatural must be supernatural.

If you want proof of God, go seek God.
Exactly! That's why religion and science are mutually exclusive. There is no natural evidence that God exists, the "supernatural evidence" only exists in the minds of those who follow religion. We can't prove that prayer works in the same way we can't prove that the religious books were not written by a bunch of drunks. What lacks proof, lacks reason, lacks logic, and is a complete farce.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2011
srry ur running too fast. i didnt say there is no proof. all i said was there is a supernatural proof which is immposible to prove wrong. its all about belief and experience. i have personally found proof as to the existence of God through my own experience. however, it does not mean that u can find this proof too. as i said before and i say again, if u want God, then go seek him. BUT. remember to choose the right path to seek him.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by claremont(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2011
A lot of evil comes from religion, and I don't think you can have religion without evil, as in order to maintain belief in religion you have to deny any evidence that is contradictory to your beliefs, which is a form of evil (self-deception). Hitler invoked “My feelings as a Christian” to justify his anti-Semitism, and he wrote in Mein Kampf: “I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.”

Why do you believe in your God? Because he talks to you inside your head? Alas, most serial murders were ordered by the perceived voice of Jesus inside the head of the mruderer. The human brain is a consummate hallucinator, and hallucinations are a poor basis for real world beliefs. Or perhaps you believe in God because life would be intolerable without him. That’s an even weaker argument. Lots of things are intolerable and it doesn’t make them untrue. It may be intolerable that you are starving, but you can’t eat a stone by believing – no matter how passionately and sincerely – that it is made of cheese.

By far the favourite reason for believing in God is the argument from improbability. Eyes and skeletons, hearts and nerve cells are too improbable to have come about by chance. Man-made machines are improbable too, and designed by engineers for a purpose. Surely any fool can see that eyes and kidneys, wings and blood corpuscles must also be designed for a purpose, by a master Engineer? Well, maybe any fool can see it, but let’s stop playing the fool and grow up. It is 146 years since Charles Darwin gave us what is arguably the cleverest idea ever to occur to a human mind. He demonstrated a beautiful, working process whereby natural forces, by gradual degrees and with no deliberate purpose, forge an elegant illusion of design, to almost limitless levels of complexity.
Re: "religion" Is The Root Of All Evil ! by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2011
i agree wi Charles Darwins n many Pagan religions s'port his view. Pagans do not believe in adam n eve.

as 2 wat jesus or christianity did, is of no concern 2 me as i told u tym n again.

and u cant hav 100% good. there has to be sum opposing force, i.e. evil. that is one of the[i] Laws of Nature[/i].

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God / No Heaven No Hell Would You Still Be Good / Help!!!! Can God Ever Forgive Me. I'm A Bad Person..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.