Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles (20295 Views)

Germany To Use Firewood, Coal If Russia Cuts Off Gas Supply / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by GEJDHERO: 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
seunny4lif:

Nigeria need to supply her own citizens gas and foods first before thinking about the rest of the world
Russians citizens don’t worry about gas or foods
Nigeria supplies Benin republic electricity and they have 24hrs supply...check and balance
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Lightorder: 8:52am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

We sell half of our LNG to the EU and the EU was already in Nigeria begging for more LNG supplies.

We just award another contract for our 7th LNG Train

Nigeria is currently the largest LNG producer and exporter in Africa.
Bro , where is the moooooooney ?!!!!!!! Where is the proceeds . Osinbajo should be answering this question if he is serious to become the president. He is part of them
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by GEJDHERO: 8:52am On Apr 27, 2022
Mooh247:

They would get the gas elwhere at ridiculously expensive rate and that would affect prices of all commodity
it wud be subsidized
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by seunny4lif(m): 8:53am On Apr 27, 2022
GEJDHERO:
Nigeria supplies Benin republic electricity and they have 24hrs supply...check and balance
I know that, Niger Rep have 24Hrs electricity from Nigeria
That’s what am saying, we need to supply gas at home before thinking about other just like Russia.
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Mooh247: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2022
GEJDHERO:
it wud be subsidized

Subsidised with their Tax... There by turning to another Nigeria and endless subsidy billions
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by plaindealer: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2022
shogz89:
YES

Before making payments, EU operators could also make a clear statement that they consider their contractual obligations to be completed when they deposit euros or dollars with Gazprombank - as opposed to later , after the payment is converted into roubles, the document said.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/eu-says-gas-payments-may-be-possible-under-russian-roubles-proposal-without-2022-04-22/

What is the meaning of this quote by the EU?
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Lightorder: 8:57am On Apr 27, 2022
Pierocash:
ok

Huge reserve indeed.

Eye go soon clear. Reserve ko, preserve ni
whatever business you had with these countries that went wrong has left you unreasonable
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 27, 2022
GEJDHERO:
They alternative sources wud be subsidized to show Russia pepper

That's why I said cheap is the keyword. Subsidized gas is not cheap gas. If it was cheap, it wouldn't need to be subsidized. Why pay more for something I currently get for less?
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by ken045501: 9:01am On Apr 27, 2022
With immediate effect putin please cut that thing off .. the west and the US is a shit. We’ve see who they are . God does things for a reason seriously
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by shogz89: 9:02am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

What is the meaning of this quote by the EU?
The meaning is, We wont use our hand to pay in rubles but we will look for a middleman(Gazprom bank) that will help us convert our money to rubles then pay on our behalf for GAS. You gerrit.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Kayclite: 9:03am On Apr 27, 2022
dasparrow:
The West should have never sanctioned Russia. They thought Russia is Africa or something. Now how are things working out for them in the West? By the way, Russia already cut off the gas supply to Poland and Bulgaria is next on the line. Russia will also cut off gas supply to Sweden and Finland as well since they have expressed interest to join NATO.

What is coming upon our world eh......hmmmm......I hope people are ready for the looming economic crisis coming our way. As for those Nigerians that are part of the japa crew, you better keep your behind in Nigeria/Africa for now.

There is an inflation and economic crash along with food shortages coming to the Western world. And as we all know, a hungry man is an angry man. Once hunger start to fire oyibo people and hardship sets in, they will take out their anger and frustration on Black people through racism and aggression. You will begin to hear Black people getting needlessly shot down by cops and whatnot especially in America because oyibo no send Black people message to begin with.

Stay alert to the times and seasons we are in because we have entered into a new dispensation.
The Sun is rising, Brother.
As the Minister Farrakhan would say, and as it is written in Malachi 4:1 "The time is coming that will burn like an oven".
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Pierocash(m): 9:10am On Apr 27, 2022
Lightorder:
[s]whatever business you had with these countries that went wrong has left you unreasonable[/s]

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:13am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

1. Russia is alive today simply because the EU is giving him billions of Euros and Dollars for his oil, not for free.

2. Russia can not dictate to the EU how to pay for oil and gas in terms of currency so if Russia refuses to sell oil because the EU won't pay in rubbles, then that's Russia's problem, there are tons of other suppliers on the market.

3. The EU is Russia's largest customer and as we speak, they are frantically moving away from Russia's oil and gas and spending billions to make sure that they eliminate their dependence on Russian oil and gas.

Russia can beg and demand payment in rubbles, but the EU won't give him 1 kobo in rubble so he'll end up drinking his own oil.

Hungary is already paying in rubles.
Stop licking Western ass.
Russia can't dictate to the EU how to pay but the US can dictate to your own country to sell its crude in dollars abi. Western slave

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by plaindealer: 9:14am On Apr 27, 2022
shogz89:
The meaning is, We wont use our hand to pay in rubles but we will look for a middleman(Gazprom bank) that will help us convert our money to rubles then pay on our behalf for GAS. You gerrit.

lol.....This is how people fail WAEC, den ask you a simple question and you show face with your own meaningless opinion? grin grin

Seriously, do you not even know the reason for this topic and why Russia is throwing tantrums?

Its because the EU is not paying him 1 kobo in rubble

Maybe your problem is reading and comprehension.. grin grin
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by plaindealer: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Hungary is already paying in rubles.
Stop licking Western ass.
Russia can't dictate to the EU how to pay but the US can dictate to your own country to sell its crude in dollars abi. Western slave

And where is your proof? Inside PoUtin's ass?

grin grin
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by shogz89: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

lol.....This is how people fail WAEC, den ask you a simple question and you show face with your own meaningless opinion? grin grin

Seriously, do you not even know the reason for this topic and why Russia is throwing tantrums?

Its because the EU is not paying him 1 kobo in rubble

Maybe your problem is reading and comprehension.. grin grin
I choose to be civil with you. i wont engage you with unnecessary abuses like you are doing. I have made my point. its left to you to do whatever you wanna do with it or understand it which ever you please.

Are EU paying in rubles currently? YES, through a third party converter Gazprom bank.
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

No need for unnecessary argument.

Is the EU paying for oil and gas in Rubbles? Yes or No?
Yes
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:27am On Apr 27, 2022
shogz89:
With the new method of payment into Gazprom bank on Russia. Yes they are technically paying Rubles. Different from what they were doing before the war.. Pls do you have any reason why the UK stopped the sanction against Gazprom Bank?
The zomboid is asking for proof that Hungary is paying in rubles.

Ask him if he has proof EU is paying in dollars

1 Like

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

And where is your proof? Inside PoUtin's ass?

grin grin

Where Is your own proof that EU is paying in Euros

Inside Biden's old wrinkled ass I guess
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by oyebolaidris: 9:32am On Apr 27, 2022
Potential terrorist everywhere!

You can't support evil of one man by any means and expect no lashing.

Putin kids!
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by shogz89: 9:35am On Apr 27, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

The zomboid is asking for proof that Hungary is paying in rubles.

Ask him if he has proof EU is paying in dollars
The guy is not someone that can be engaged meaningfully and constructively. He cant raise two sentences without abusing or cursing if you are not on the same page with him.
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2022
shogz89:
The guy is not someone that can be engaged meaningfully and constructively. He cant raise two sentences without abusing or cursing if you are not on the same page with him.
He's an APC bot. That's how they operate.
He's supporting the West because he believes those supporting Putin are mainly from the East.

Such narrow folly
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Acefaruk: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2022
exCHRISTIAN:
grin
Christian nations again...
The world would have been peaceful without Christianity
I left bible with its confusing tales.
Now I am free
my brother you're super intelligent, you spoke well.

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by 9jakool: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2022
olarent:
You don't understand politic and economy now Russia is not accepting $ and € as a means of payment the implications us that $ is loosing her power of hegemony.You know what its mean if China follow suit to USA?
I'll have you know that I understand how economy works very well. So many are longing to see the price of the dollar fall so badly that you are willing to overstate the facts. You forget how how the dollar hegemony works in the first place? The US commands that hegemony quite simply because it's the largest economy in the world which is reinforced by its wealthy allies who have no problems continuing paying in dollars. On the global stage, the US has 700+ international military bases which far exceeds that of any other nation. Not to mention, its weapons manufacturers are responsible for nearly 40% of exported global arms. With that power over the security of MANY nations, it can definitely command trade by the dollar. You can clearly see that Russia is flexing whatever power it has, which is its abundant gas supply having the largest reserve of gas and the 2nd largest world producer.

Russia is too weak of an economy (in relative terms) to challenge the hegemony of the dollar. Long gone are the days of the USSR, when it was the second largest market competing with the US back in the 70s. Today Russia doesn't even crack the top 10 largest economies in the world. Russia sees the writing on the wall that the slow-acting sanctions imposed could have worsening longterm effect, which is why it's rushing to bolster its currency against sanctions. Yes, China could challenge that hegemony in the future (10-20 yrs time), but for now China has to walk a fine line because it is most tied economically to the US. The US has more friends than China, which is why China is trying to build its allies especially in Africa. This is why I think the numerous African nations will have a bigger impact in said hegemony in the future.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by aribisala0(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

1. Russia is alive today simply because the EU is giving him billions of Euros and Dollars for his oil, not for free.

2. Russia can not dictate to the EU how to pay for oil and gas in terms of currency so if Russia refuses to sell oil because the EU won't pay in rubbles, then that's Russia's problem, there are tons of other suppliers on the market.

3. The EU is Russia's largest customer and as we speak, they are frantically moving away from Russia's oil and gas and spending billions to make sure that they eliminate their dependence on Russian oil and gas.

Russia can beg and demand payment in rubbles, but the EU won't give him 1 kobo in rubble so he'll end up drinking his own oil.

Whether or not Russia can dictate is not for me or you to say.

It is is business between two customers if they do not want to pay in roubles and Russia won't accept anything else then there is nothing to discuss or argue about
Whether he drinks his oil or bathes with it is not my problem
He is within his right to say what he wants they are within theirs to agree or move on
I do not have time for pointless arguments

4 Likes

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by plaindealer: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2022
shogz89:
I choose to be civil with you. i wont engage you with unnecessary abuses like you are doing. I have made my point. its left to you to do whatever you wanna do with it or understand it which ever you please.

Are EU paying in rubles currently? YES, through a third party converter Gazprom bank.

So, when the EU pay in Euros and Dollars, they are actually paying in Rubble? grin

Are you serious or you are just trolling? grin

The only insult here is you trolling.
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by plaindealer: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2022
aribisala0:

Whether or not Russia can dictate is not for me or you to say.

It is is business between two customers if they do not want to pay in roubles and Russia won't accept anything else then there is nothing to discuss or argue about
Whether he drinks his oil or bathes with it is not my problem
He is within his right to say what he wants they are within theirs to agree or move on
I do not have time for pointless arguments

You are free to make whatever demands you desire, it makes no difference, other people are also free to tell you to F-Off with your demands like Poland is doing.

PoUtin is not the only oil seller in the world.

The fool is throwing tantruns because they are rejecting his sillly demands and his useless oil.

He can drink his oil..
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Masterito(m): 10:09am On Apr 27, 2022
Be my guest as events unfold. I repeat Putin has made "strategic" mistake.
olarent:
Putin is not making a mistake here bro.its win win for him imagine not paying in $ for importation of goods to Nigeria things we be fine.The west and USA are the problem of this world.let me throw more light.The NATI should have been disband once USSR has be slipt because that was the reason why they created it ,China said on Tuesday that she want to mount base in one Ireland closer to Australia as NATO want to do in Ukraine. Australia government quickly shouted that know they want to threaten their security mean while she was part of people shouting Russia invade and she can not keep mute when China said that on Saturday.They are double mouthed.
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by aribisala0(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

We sell half of our LNG to the EU and the EU was already in Nigeria begging for more LNG supplies.

We just award another contract for our 7th LNG Train

Nigeria is currently the largest LNG producer and exporter in Africa.
We need to wake up[ who owns the LNG Shell and NNPC

Shell benefits and pays tax in the UK while we sign long term contracts when the price is low and if it goes up we are locked in to the old price

We are better off not exporting gas and using it locally

Is it fair that countries that have no gas have all the benefits while we suffer the environmental damage

Even the poorest Brit can turn on gas taps inside their houses whilst we are carrying cylinders upandan

There is a direct correlation between wealth of a nation and energy use NOT energy export
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by Basher8583: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2022
martinslaura:

MY DEAR RUSSIA IS NOT THE ONLY GAS SUPPLIER IN THE WORLD O.

Olodo. As usual you have to display your ignorance with CAPS

You think natural gas is like a comodity you import anyhow via sea or air.

Natural gas is easy to transport over land in pipelines, but difficult to transport over oceans due to its low density and thus large volume. In other words it is extremely expensive to transport via ship. And this is because they will need special ships with dome shaped containers to store the liquefied gas.

Europeans buying from Russia know why they are buying it. They also understand the implications of not buying from Russia. It's going to be super expensive to survive without the Russian export

Average summer temperature in Poland is 17°c. That's the coldest my split ac can give me. That's crazy.
My friend from Poland said they dont engage in outdoor sports.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by shogz89: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

So, when the EU pay in Euros and Dollars, they are actually paying in Rubble? grin

Are you serious or you are just trolling? grin

The only insult here is you trolling.

Go and rest you are not civil. I have made my point
Re: Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles by aribisala0(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2022
plaindealer:

You are free to make whatever demands you desire, it makes no difference, other people are also free to tell you to F-Off with your demands like Poland is doing.

PoUtin is not the only oil seller in the world.

The fool is throwing tantruns because they are rejecting his sillly demands and his useless oil.

He can drink his oil..

I am not making any demands so stop quoting me to vent your life frustration and anger

It is market

buyer price the seller says no move on no be quarrel

So why are you now targeting me with all these emotions don't you have his phone number so you can call him to tell him how you feel?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Biden Removes Some Sanctions On Iran Over Nuclear Program (Pics) / Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM / IPOB Hails Trump Over Jerusalem Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.