Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,376 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK (1347 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwoland: South-East Cannot Produce President For Now / Adeseye Ogunlewe: Why The Igbos Cannot Produce President In 2023 / Rochas Okorocha: Igbos Cannot Make Presidency Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by bestofnollywood: 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Presidential hopeful and chief whip of the Senate, Chief Orji Uzor-Kalu, has explained that in the absence of zoning Presidential ticket to the South-East geopolitical zone, the region is less likely to produce a president of Nigeria.

Orji Uzor-Kalu, in a widely circulated statement made this public on Tuesday titled ‘The Fairness I Know’ insisted that there is no fairness in zoning the APC presidential ticket to Southern Nigeria and not South East, which has never produced the president.

The statement reads, “It is my desire and intention to run for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am committed to this pursuit, but I can’t make an official declaration to this regard without the full support of other regions.

Everywhere in the world, politics is situational and that of Nigeria is exceptionally situational.

“The situation in Nigeria is that without the support of other regions, it would amount to a shadow chase for a South Easterner to be President. This is the reason I have been in the frontline of the call that the two major political parties, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) should zone their presidential tickets to the South East as they did for the South West in 1999. “In the absence of this zoning, I shall return to the Senate and stay away from the presidential contest.

The reality is that the North is more advantageous to win elections in this democratic setting.

“I am even shocked with the number of aspirants coming from the South West and the South South . It is embarrassing that these aspirants (APC and PDP) have no single respect and concern for the South East. I had thought they would think about the South East; I thought they would support us. The amount of money being spent by these aspirants is alarming and they have forgotten that money alone cannot buy the presidency.

“It has become a joke to an ordinary Nigerian who hears Southern commentators and aspirants rooting for a Southern President on the premise of fairness, equity and justice. How can you talk about these morals when you are not even fair to your own brothers? “If there is anything like “fairness”, “equity” and “justice”, it should be the entire South pushing for a president of South East extraction. Anything less than that is “hypocritical”,
“unjustifiable”and “inordinate”. Some ‘persons’ are even claiming God’s anointed choice in 2023.

Continue Reading...

https://applesbite.com/2023-without-zoning-south-east-less-lively-to-produce-a-president-in-nigeria-orji-uzor-kalu/

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by IamWonderful: 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2022
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by illicit(m): 11:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
If they can't produce a president

Why can't they develop one

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Mandate2023: 12:00am On Apr 27, 2022
Yeebos should stop thinking presidential positions will be give to many

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Gozac: 12:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Yes Nigerians either hate Igbos or apprehensive of an Igboman becoming a president.
After some interactions with some Nigerians cross various tribes I have found out they prefer the country to degenerate and get worse to voting an Igboman as president.
Many believe in voting their tribal, religious or regional brother that will just serve his purpose.
Nigeria is not ready, I repeat not ready for good leadership at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by MrMaestro: 12:14am On Apr 27, 2022
This is tribalistic hate speech. How is this any different from others saying they are born to rule? All regions are equal, no one region should be put above others.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Smithkafors(m): 12:18am On Apr 27, 2022
If una like make una dey edit news to suit una selves. 2023 is the turn of SE.... EOD.
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by shigishege: 12:23am On Apr 27, 2022
I think this should rest the case.
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by yyba: 12:59am On Apr 27, 2022
Make i laugh them small grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by ArewaNorth: 1:47am On Apr 27, 2022
When Rotimi Akeredolu was manipulating some people, pretending patriotism and making noise all over social and mainstream media about southern Presidency we said it here that all these drama has end point and here we are today.
Only myopic people jubilate such pretentious moves without taking into cognizance the possible conflict of interest cool
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Christistruth00: 1:54am On Apr 27, 2022
From the man who sponsored IPOB as his Political Thugs , till they became a Terrorist Group

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Paretomaster1(m): 5:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Gozac:
Yes Nigerians either hate Igbos or apprehensive of an Igboman becoming a president.
After some interactions with some Nigerians cross various tribes I have found out they prefer the country to degenerate and get worse to voting an Igboman as president.
Many believe in voting their tribal, religious or regional brother that will just serve his purpose.

No-one hate Igbo, you should go check yourself...

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by EagleNest(m): 5:19am On Apr 27, 2022
I'm not OUK fan but he spoke my mind.

I am really surprised how our co-southerners are turning blind eyes to the quest for SE to lead, knowing fully well that it is our turn.
Very shocking that both SW and SS politicians are these self-centred after all the good will from SE.
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by funmi37: 5:22am On Apr 27, 2022
Very much correct, but it's not RIGHT

Meanwhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-HSaI9nlUU
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by LokoH(m): 5:55am On Apr 27, 2022
All Igbo politicians will come back and apologise to IPOB.
AND WE ARE READY TO FORGIVE THEM.
Though they are fools, our grace yet to be exhausted
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Godfullsam(m): 6:14am On Apr 27, 2022
OUK should take his lamentation to PDP to hand over the presidential ticket to them.

That where they have a chance.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Godfullsam(m): 6:19am On Apr 27, 2022
EagleNest:

I am really surprised how our co-southerners are turning blind eyes to the quest for SE to lead, knowing fully well that it is our turn.
Very shocking that both SW and SS politicians are these self-centred after all the good will from SE.

You are calling the SW your CO - SOUTHERNER?

The same people you come online every day to insult and call their leaders all manner of unprintable names?

Continue..

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by mrvitalis(m): 6:20am On Apr 27, 2022
MrMaestro:
This is tribalistic hate speech. How is this any different from others saying they are born to rule? All regions are equal, no one region should be put above others.
Are you normal at all ? Where is the lie in what he said ?

There are large part of Nigerians that would never vote Igbo man no matter how one Nigeria he is ..so what's the point we Igbos are realist

There are few Nigerians more Nigerian that orji kalu ...I'm happy him and rochas eyes are opening ,soon umiah would see the light ...

Better even future Igbo leaders like me are watching n learning ...post 2023 would be exciting for the Igbo nation honestly can't wait
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Emergingnation3(m): 6:20am On Apr 27, 2022
LokoH:
All Igbo politicians will come back and apologise to IPOB.

AND WE ARE READY TO FORGIVE THEM.

Though they are fools,
our grace yet to be exhausted
Don't mind them, there's no place for Igbo in Nigeria.... Biafra is the only hope for Ndigbo, IPOB has said this time without number.

Igbo politicians will recieve sense by force and by fire after being denied their Imaginery presidency of this contraptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Akponmfet: 6:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Yes the presidency should be zoned to Akwa Ibom State (The biggest producer of crude oil in Nigeria) because we have never been president before.
What makes the Igbos think they're entitled to the presidency?
What is the monthly contribution of Igbo states to the economy of Nigeria?
If anyone should be entitled to the presidency it should be Akwa Ibom State because you all depend on our oil money.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 27, 2022
I strongly believe Peter Obi would be president 2023, bookmark this pin. The tides are in his favour. Exactly the way GEJ won 2011, Peter would sweep across regions.
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by tsdarkside(m): 6:47am On Apr 27, 2022
igbos are cry babies....

look what a senate president is demandin....??

both major parties choose candidates from only south east....??

sorry if una fell for that trick back then in 1999....

politics is a dirty game.... undecided undecided
better you igbos learn how to play it than to yarn dust....

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Gozac:

Are you also Igbo agitating for Igbo President like the Hausa will agitate for Hausa President and not outside his Tribe except if he has no option? I hope you are not Igbo o so that what you have written up there wouldn't be seen has selfish interest too.
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Minime10(f): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2022
EagleNest:

Stop consoling yourself tell orji uzor kalu to go pick his presidential form, same goes for David umahi both men are in apc. Other aspirants are busy picking up their forms una dey here dey lament grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Mazisimonekpa(m): 7:03am On Apr 27, 2022
EagleNest:

i hate this line
tell me what has happened to beerfraud or death mantra ?

Mazi Simon Ekpa from finland

1 Like

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by dheilaw1(m): 7:07am On Apr 27, 2022
Smithkafors:
If una like make una dey edit news to suit una selves. 2023 is the turn of SE.... EOD.
ibos won't rule this country in another 17 years

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by omenka(m): 7:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Gradually they're telling themselves the truth. I just laugh at all these ignoramuses thinking Pandora stands even the slimmest of chances.

Even APUGA won't give the crook their ticket.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by simpleseyi: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2022
Look at this coward. He must be a bastard because no true Igbo blood is a coward.

Oloshi Olori Pelebe. Oloriburuku said Presidency was zoned to South West in 1999. He must be MAD. Alex Ekwueme, Abubakar Rimi and some other clowns contested against Obasanjo, Olu False and other Yoruba politicians.

He wants Presidency to be zoned to his village. Yes, it is Igbos turn. But they have to work for it. Nobody will zone the Presidency to Igbo villages. Igbos should bring out their candidate and mobilize for him. Igbos should stop watching while Tinubu is everywhere. You cannot say the first masquerade to dance will later watch other masquerades dance. Tinubu is a big masquerade that has been dancing in the political sphere since 1992 and he will continue to dance because he has the resources, and his associates control the Media. You already know that Captain of the Yoruba team is Osinbajo, while the Chief Coach/Captain Emeritus is Tinubu, so it should be easy for Igbos to draw their own winning strategy.

So, Igbos should come out and start mobilizing for their candidate, if not, Yorubas will snatch it again, and you will cry blood. Once again, Presidency will never be zoned to anyone's village.

Again in 2003, Obasanjo contested with Alex Ekwueme, Emeka Ojukwu, Muhammadu Buharii, and some other clowns. The Presidency was never zoned to Obasanjo's village.

Igbos have never been afraid of confronting anybody, they should prove that even now. Yoruba, Niger Delta, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri have ruled the country and run us into debts, Igbos too should come and try their best.

Power is never gotten on a platter of gold

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Stcloj: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2022
What Ipob saw sitting down, it's bad enough that you old political fools could not see it while standing even on the highest iroko tree..

It's either Biafra or forget it in Nigeria..
We are not brothers to them,
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2022
Let me hear words
Infact it's so childish and disappointing of people criticizing the Igbo's ,like any unmatured sapiens would just keep saying matter's when checked has no meanings,I guess such premature mind, should mind their business
Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by shortIGBOman: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2022
Igbo can never rule this our beautiful Country. We will rather vote Asari Dokubo than to vote any Igbo.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK by Reality3080: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Nobody will vote an igbo man

E go clear for their eye when Peter obi lose pdp primary

(1) (2) (Reply)

The British Accepts OBI Presidency / The Inauguration Of LGA And Ward Excos In Ikwerre LG Was Successful(photos) / Wike .Welcome To APC...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.