Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust (21975 Views)

2023: What Jonathan’s Return Means For Nigeria / Amitolu Shittu: Lawmakers, Ex-governors Behind Illegal Mining In Osun / Bayelsa APC To Goodluck Jonathan: Return Our ₦300m, Bullet Proof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by alen4smith(m): 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
How would South West cast their votes now if Jonathan get APC ticket and Obi get PDP ticket ?

grin grin cheesy grin
stop overrating Peter obi .

1 Like

Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by garfield1: 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2022
Indispensable85:
Jonathan is not running.

I prefer someone from ss/se

1 Like

Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Indispensable85(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
garfield1:

I prefer someone from ss/se

But the way it is right now, the candidates of the ss/se in both parties are not strong enough to win the ticket.

1 Like

Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by garfield1: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2022
Indispensable85:

But the way it is right now, the candidates of the ss/se in both parties are not strong enough to win the ticket.

Amechi is somehow strong.if buhari can anoint someone from ss/se,it will be enough
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by OfoIgbo: 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
litigator:

This is the simple answer I suppose! E be like I go enter court go bar GEJ from evening thinking about it.

CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA (FOURTH ALTERATION, NO. 16) ACT, 2017
A person who was sworn in as President or Governor to complete the term for which another person was elected as President or Governor shall not be elected to such office for more than a single term.

I hope those asking Jonathan Goodluck to contest know the implication of the amendment.

Nwokem, you have no case whatsoever. Jonathan was not the VP after the 2017 ACT.

Jonathan was the VP long before this amendment. The road is massively clear for Jonathan.

And by the way, I prefer GEJ's 4 year presidency than a BAT's 8 year presidency.

Just pray to God GEJ doesn't join APC, because if he joins, it is game over for BAT.
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Indispensable85(m): 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2022
garfield1:

Amechi is somehow strong.if buhari can anoint someone from ss/se,it will be enough

Amaechi doesn't look strong enough to upstage Tinubu and Osinbajo.

Buhari anointing anyone now won't be wise. It'll create bad blood amongst the aspirants. Anyway I doubt if he'll be able to whip many people into line this time. I see people resisting him this time. The stakes are so high this time. This year's primary will be the biggest in the history of Nigeria democracy.

1 Like

Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by garfield1: 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
Indispensable85:

Amaechi doesn't look strong enough to upstage Tinubu and Osinbajo.

Buhari anointing anyone now won't be wise. It'll create bad blood amongst the aspirants. Anyway I doubt if he'll be able to whip many people into line this time. I see people resisting him this time. The stakes are so high this time. This year's primary will be the biggest in the history of Nigeria democracy.

I think amechi is stronger than osibanjo but not more popular.as it stands,tinubu will win the primaries unless buhari manipulates it...the country is fragile now and a ss/se presidency will calm things.buhari can indirectly support someone or talk to tinubu tto step down for the sake of equity and fairness

1 Like

Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Indispensable85(m): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
garfield1:

I think amechi is stronger than osibanjo but not more popular.as it stands,tinubu will win the primaries unless buhari manipulates it...the country is fragile now and a ss/se presidency will calm things.buhari can indirectly support someone or talk to tinubu tto step down for the sake of equity and fairness

Amaechi has more delegates than Osinbajo? You think so?

A south eastern president will help restore some level of calmness but it'll be suicidal for Apc if pdp doesn't go southeast. The priority of the both parties is winning the election and zoning to the south east is not a winning strategy for now except the both parties do so.

1 Like

Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Nwokem, you have no case whatsoever. Jonathan was not the VP after the 2017 ACT.

Jonathan was the VP long before this amendment. The road is massively clear for Jonathan.

And by the way, I prefer GEJ's 4 year presidency than a BAT's 8 year presidency.

Just pray to God GEJ doesn't join APC, because if he joins, it is game over for BAT.

Okay ooooo No comment . Did you read the letters of the words?

Did you apply the mischief rule?
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by shinealight(m): 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ttalk:

What is always wrong with you that you can't do without linking Tinubu to every issue. Is that how miserable your life has become

Indeed, by their fruits yee shall know them!! undecided undecided
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by OfoIgbo: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2022
litigator:

Okay ooooo No comment . Did you read the letters of the words?

Did you apply the mischief rule?

Letters of the constitution are not applied retroactively.

I am not a lawyer, but I am aware of this legal principle.

Ask yourself one question. Why do you think Buhari's people are actively seeking to bring GEJ into the presidential mix. You think they are not aware of that new clause?
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
OfoIgbo:

Ask yourself one question. Why do you think Buhari's people are actively seeking to bring GEJ into the presidential mix. You think they are not aware of that new clause?

No comment. Wait till he actually accepts to run.
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Glink2018(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
if Jonathan wants to disgrace himself, . let him contest the election.....no all open doors are opportunities... some are traps in disguise
because
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Truthtalker1: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
So for dis whole country anoda pesin no dey .. na Oga Jona den wnt bring again
Re: APC Ticket: 2 Northern Governors Behind Jonathan’s Return Bid - Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
OfoIgbo:

So you are saying that regardless of the provision of Section 137(3) of the constitution that bars him from taking oath as Nigeria president for a third time, he can still contest because the said alteration holds no water?

Again I ask, have you applied the mischief rule of interpretation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-rufai Trying To Present Himself As Alternative To Buhari – Shehu Sani / Farooq Kperogi Banned From Daily Trust / IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.