Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo (15353 Views)

2023: Second Term Governors Plot To Succeed Buhari / Ahmed Yerima Plans To Succeed Buhari As President / Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday said he was well equipped to lead the country due to the exposure he has had working with his current principal, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

He said working closely with Buhari had exposed him to critical decisions and programmes about Nigeria.

Osinbajo stated this at the palace of the Oba of Benin, Ewuare II when he visited Edo State to meet with delegates of the All Progressives Congress ahead of the party’s presidential primary election.

“As the Vice President, I am well equipped to lead the country due to the exposure I have working with President Muhammadu Buhari, which has exposed me to critical decisions and programmes about Nigeria.

“I am here today on a political visit but for obvious reasons, I made sure I started from the palace. But I am here to consult with party members who are delegates in our forthcoming delegates’ convention.

“On April 11th, I formally declared to vie for the post of the president of this country. I have been exposed to many things in government. I commend the president who has been generous to ensure that I participate in every policy of the government. I have exposure to the highest level of government and the capacity to govern the country.

“I started teaching at the age of 24 and I have served in several capacities and I assure you that I will do the very best I can for the country if elected.”

In his response, the Benin monarch, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II said he had always been an admirer of the Vice President’s eloquence and commended him for his respect for culture and tradition.

Oba Ewuare II took a swipe at the political class which he accused of always abandoning the electorate after elections.

He said: “For the businessman, the customers are kings. In an election, the electorate are supposed to be kings but that is not what we have in Nigeria. We have leaders who get to the office and enrich themselves and forget that without the electorate, nobody can occupy any elected office. Some of these politicians use all kinds of tactics to get the votes of the electorate and at the end of the day, they abandon them.

“I want to appeal to the politicians to make this country great because Nigeria is blessed with great human and natural resources but Nigeria is still in a bad state.

“We want to be able to stay in Nigeria and enjoy the good things of life not in Dubai or in the US. Some Nigerians are even running to Ghana, we should change all these, Nigeria should be a destination point,” the monarch added.

He also commended the Buhari-led Federal Government for the role it is playing to ensure that stolen artefacts were returned to their original owners.

Osinbajo later had a closed-door meeting with APC leadership and delegates.

https://punchng.com/2023-why-im-right-candidate-to-succeed-buhari-osinbajo/?amp

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Osibanjo over Tinubu anyday anytime

I love the way Osibanjo played Tinubu in this game of politics ,I'm impressed

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Wawelexy(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Tinubu using Osinbanjo to gather followers, die minutes before the primary, the latter steps down giving excuses on health grounds. Advice his followers to support the mandate he took oath to stand by.
Those calling him a betrayal will then apologise.
That's the tactics... You heard it from me first.
Tinubu is a pro in this game.

then i woke up from my dream. Could this be real?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Forzs: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
It seems that MND44 or what is the name of the moderator? I think he is partisan, always pushing unnecessary news of of some aspirants to the front page, why leaving others, but I can bet you Osinbajo is a moving train you can't stop, i hope Seun the owner of this platform take note of this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by techWriter5: 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Forzs:
It seems that MND44 or what is the name of the moderator? I think he is partisan, always pushing unnecessary news of of some aspirants to the front page, why leaving others, but I can bet you Osinbajo is moving train you can't stop, i hope Seun the owner of this platform take note of this.

I disagree!!!

The heading is boring with Buhari's name, unfortunately. Try to study threads with Buhari's name and see the engagement of Nairalanders.

Tinubu's threads are always hot because the man has paid pro-Tinubus, and committed anti-Tinubus; who fill up the front page of the thread quicker. Though, you have a point about the bias.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Cyynthia(f): 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
YMM in the mud...

Osibanjo has shown that indeed Druggie is a clown

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by GideonG(m): 11:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Peter Obi is the best

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Forzs: 5:06am On Apr 29, 2022
techWriter5:

I disagree!!!

The heading is boring with Buhari's name, unfortunately. Try to study threads with Buhari's name and see the engagement of Nairalanders.

Tinubu's thread are always hot because the man has paid pro-Tinubu's, and committed anti-Tinubu's; who fill up the front page of the thread quicker. Though, you have some point about the bais.

Nigerians way of doing things, corruption in every sector.
Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by NwaNimo1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by BigDawsNet: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
Experience bla bla bla

I hope they will allow you to fix the power and stop banditry

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Lordbinsmar: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
angry
Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Maxymilliano(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
What's keeping him from using the same acquired experience to effect the change now that he's n the same office instead of making empty promises to attain selfish desires.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by matrix199(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
Intellectually, yes. But by audacity, that I'm not sure. But so far so good, you are the best of all aspirants. But just one problem. Your party is diabolical. Many have vowed not to vote for anyone your party puts forward, not even J.Ch not even Pro.Moh

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Kingpele(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Wow
Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by ImoleNaija: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Well, you are.
Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Nigerialabalaba: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Shiorr. Odale ore.
May we not have odale ore like Yemi Osibanjo who you go hug and laugh with but dem go cut you for back.
Jagaban o ki iroju ati suru. All ur odale ore go soon come back and beg as usual and I sabi say u go forgive dem as usual.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by owiko(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Even governor Ayade of cross river believes himself to be the best man for the job. Make una rest abeg

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by boldking(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
You have already been checkmated by tinubu
Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by money121(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Hotzone(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
No, u are not

Obasanjo =8yrs tenure
Yaradu=4yrs tenure
Buhari=8yrs tenure
Igbo=?

Ndi Igbo are busy fighting and killing themselves while the game of politics has eluded the most intellectual race of our time

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
GideonG:
Peter Obi is the best
Peter Obi cannot win PDP primaries not to talk of becoming the President. The truth is bitter but will always remain the truth.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by compton11(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nigga keep stay lying.

With your RCCG ass!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by kolnel: 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
He has been the vice president for close to 8 years.
I think he contributed his quota to the decay.
However, he is better than Tinubu, who thinks Nigeria belongs to just him, his families, and cronies.
People like Peter Obi should be supported.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by Hienna1: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
If for the interest of the country I'll go for peter obi or pyo

If it's for the interest of the sw region I'll go for BAT.
Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by gaby(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
To marry and stay married no be by force.

The worst part be say even upon the divorce, there's no hope of any improvement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by fesok18: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
Nothing do you jare

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by topyte: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
We can not isolate you from Buhari catastrophic 7 and half years in power

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Am The Right Candidate To Succeed Buhari - Osinbajo by bestman09(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2022
angry
Failure trying to succeed failure. From frying pan to fire.

Bunch of scammers! Na Dem be this

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anti-Tinubu Comments: Machina Campaign Team Chides Lawan’s Supporters / Obi Maintains Lead In Anaps Third Presidential Poll / 70 Billion Paliative: Falana Slams NASS Members, Says New Allowances Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.