Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? (2027 Views)

Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / Is She Wicked Or Ungrateful ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:49am On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:

Can you post links about nigeria? i'm specifically talking about our country. even normal people are experiencing hell here talkless of an individual that has limitations

bro, sadly, these disable children in Africa are discriminated upon due to the view that SOCIETY has upon these children with disabilities. many parents of such children hide them in shame, but that does not mean that these children should be aborted.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 29, 2022
@magnoliaa

you are talking to a person living with a disability here, i'm also previledge to have access to many around me. i know what this individuals are going through and yes, some attempted/comitted suicide but it many not make the news headlines. but believe me, it's not easy in the disability world.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 29, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

bro, sadly, these disable children in Africa are discriminated upon due to the view that SOCIETY has upon these children with disabilities. many parents of such children hide them in shame, but that does not mean that these children should be aborted.
It was just a harmless sir, i still believe and stand on it.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:58am On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:
@magnolia

you are talking to a person living with a disability here, i'm also previledge to have access to many around me. i know what this individuals are going through and yes, some attempted/comitted suicide but it many not make the news headlines. but believe me, it's not easy in the disability world.

Okay, you had an accident or something? Because I see you saying up there you were not born with one.

Before I even address all of your whole response here, you didn't grow up living with a disability then. So why would you even be here advocating for kids that'll be born disabled to be aborted?

Okay. Let me ask this directly first. Would you like to die now or would you like to be killed or maybe assisted (euthanasia) as you've seen how difficult life is? Or that should only be valid pre-birth?
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2022
Let me tell you people a story before i sleep. there was a man in my village that married a lady with mental illness, i heard that they advice him him against impregnatin the girl that he did not hear. guess what, he gave birth to four children who are not normal. the man later died and left them. the first son went and marry a girl and have birth to two children again, the second daughter also get married and gave birth too but the husband send her back home due to her behaviour.
now, they use to sleep in one big room. the funny part is that, s*x in that room is free(i mean the guy can sleep with his sister and mother, the last born can sleep with the mother,sister and elder bros wife) for all and the wife and daughter and give birth to 3 more children. unfortunately, all the adults and children in the house are not normal.

this are the things i was preaching against

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:07am On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:
It was just a harmless sir, i still believe and stand on it.

you have the right to your opinion on the subject... you just lack empathy for parents out there who desire to have children and would love ANY child (whether disabled or not)

here is a simple question to you: how is them having disabled children impact your own life in any way whatsoever?!?!

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 29, 2022
@magnoliaa

yes i was not born with it but later acquired it through sickness.

as for your question, i'm not so much interested in life, infact those that died may be better than me, however i can not kill myself or allow someone to kill me. moreover, i was talking about unborn children or babies who don't know anything and not grown ups like me.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:20am On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:
Let me tell you people a story before i sleep. there was a man in my village that married a lady with mental illness, i heard that they advice him him against impregnatin the girl that he did not hear. guess what, he gave birth to four children who are not normal. the man later died and left them. the first son went and marry a girl and have birth to two children again, the second daughter also get married and gave birth too but the husband send her back home due to her behaviour.
now, they use to sleep in one big room. the funny part is that, s*x in that room is free(i mean the guy can sleep with his sister and mother, the last born can sleep with the mother,sister and elder bros wife) for all and the wife and daughter and give birth to 3 more children. unfortunately, all the adults and children in the house are not normal.

this are the things i was preaching against

thats an unfortunate story, but should we therefore take what happens to [b]ONE[/b]0 family, to generalize about the life of thousands out there in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Lamanii22(f): 1:26am On Apr 29, 2022
It’s actually going to be stressful but then if you have the strength and time to take care of a disabled child you can keep the child….. for me, I can’t cope….. I pray to God each day for a complete baby without deformity, it’s better not to have a child than having a disabled baby…. Another mind of mine says, if it comes disabled I would keep it I can’t bring my self to kill an innocent baby…..

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:40am On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:
yes i was not born with it but later acquired it through sickness.

as for your question, i'm not so much interested in life, infact those that died may be better than me, however i can not kill myself or allow someone to kill me. moreover, i was talking about unborn children or babies who don't know anything and not grown ups like me.

I see you "know" better now, but you don't want to die.

No p. No more personal questions from me.

I believe your life and your experience is valid. Whatever it is you're going through. And whatever it is that you're thinking, your mentality, your perspective, your suggestion, you're all responsible for that and it is all on you. That you're a disabled person and you interact with people who are disabled DOES NOT put you in any place to suggest abortion for kids that'll be born disabled. You only know yourself and what you physically can see around you, your immediate environment. That is not enough to say that all disabled people shouldn’t have been born and to conclude that they are living a substandard life.

You almost seem to get it, but then it's like you're not. We agree on life being hard and even harder for disabled people. Okay, and, you feel the next best thing, the logical conclusion is to say disabled kids shouldn’t be born? Like, you feel there's absolutely nothing else that can be done? You can choose to see it from the other way, or even maybe not. Even if you'll find people who agree with you, it'll still not be a general consensus of the disabled community. And it is not everyone of them you'll find living as you've described or as you think inspite of the limitations.

Even with their disabilities. There are countless others doing great for themselves and living well. Maybe you should try not seeing them through a 'victim' lens. Or all of them, and then suggesting a total, encompassing quick fix for their 'issues': they shouldn't have been born. They are individuals, with diverse and distinct abilities and personalities, and some are doing pretty well than people who aren't even disabled. If those kind of people were to be aborted because 'harder life', then what other kind of people next should be aborted? Because they are having a hard life? Or would live a hard life?

Ugh.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:47am On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:
Can you post links about nigeria? i'm specifically talking about our country. even normal people are experiencing hell here talkless of an individual that has limitations

You can be fatalistic all you want. You're not representative of disabled people.

Have you ever heard of LASODA? How about you try creating awareness for people in the society in being more accepting and everything to disabled people? You have the energy for advocating. So start here on Nairaland. For infrastructures and programs and special schools and materials, and anything at all, buildings, stuff that are all disabled-friendly. Tell people 'your' story. Write a book. Do something (nope, that's ultimately your decision, I'm just using "you" here as a substitute for the disabled people I know and have seen and have read from who are doing okay, and living a life they find comfy. I ain't gonna be telling you how to life your life).

"Okay, you can't climb the stairs? I'll go help you pick it up."

There. There don't have to be nothing patronising or condescending about that.

We're not in the 13th century or whatever what with you trying to portray yourself or them, on their behalf, as an anomaly, weird beings or people that do not have to be seen.

It's everyone's role to make the world better and liveable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by cococandy(f): 3:07am On Apr 29, 2022
Doofus
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Acidosis(m): 5:09am On Apr 29, 2022
1. Your campaign is achievable but make sure you have enough money to share around so pregnant women can carryout ultrasound and other investigations to know which child is disabled or not. You'll also need a lot of funds for education as this is a major problem.

2. States like Zamfara and Bayelsa have less than 30% antenatal visits. The national average is about 53%. Mind you, when we talk about antenatal visits, it is mostly about people who visit primary healthcare centers where you can't find a laboratory.

3. Not all disabilities are congenital. Some are a result of highway accident, workplace hazards, polio, etc. What are you going to do about people in this category? Shoot them on sight?

4. My opinion is that the most achievable goal is to build healthcare (antenatal) centres or start a campaign and distribute supplements like zinc to pregnant women to address the risk of congenital diseases. I believe you will make a difference with this. For all forms of disabilities in general, it is completely up to the government to provide an enabling and friendly environment for everyone to thrive.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by GloriousGbola: 6:25am On Apr 29, 2022
While I understand where the op is coming from, this is not an old idea

The word is eugenics

And it culminated in the holocaust.

In Eastern Europe at a time women were sterilised because they had mental health issues or undesirable features (ideal human was supposed to be blind and blue eyed). Anything else, break the bloodline.

This is where this eventally goes. The pursuit of racial purity and breeding out of 'undesirable' traits

The real problem is that outside of Lagos, there is no attempt to make provisions for the physically challenged

So op wants to go sparta on this.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by GloriousGbola: 7:21am On Apr 29, 2022
cococandy:
Doofus

To be frank, the life of a physically challenged person in Nigeria is awful.

It is only lagos that actually tries to accommodate them. New bridges in lagos have a ramp. And commercial facilities are mandated to have disabled restrooms and wheelchair ramps.

And that is not that much. In a country where able bodied people are dragging for jobs, a disabled person has almost no hope

Until remote working and coding I guess. Assuming the resources are available

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
@acidosis

your points are valid.

1. i should have done this alone if i was financially capable, but it's unfortunate that i'm not, hence i want people to preach about it so that those who have ears should hear. what i want to do is just an awareness campaign.

2. there are no labs to detect such cases during pregnancy, that is why i said they should not allow to live when discovered during childbirth.

3. there is nothing to do about those that acquired their disabilities later in life.

4. The government attitude towards pwd's can play a part here, but unfortunately, nobody cares. one of the reason i'm even campaigning against this.

in a nutshell, i believe that there is no society with only perfect individuals but in a situation like ours where there is nothing geared towards managing these set of people, there is every need minimize and/or puting desperate measures to avoid suffering such people unnecessary. who even knows if there is enjoyment on the other side of life.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:

It is only lagos that actually tries to accommodate them. New bridges in lagos have a ramp. And commercial facilities are mandated to have disabled restrooms and wheelchair ramps.

And that is not that much. In a country where able bodied people are dragging for jobs, a disabled person has almost no hope

Thanks for this.
a disabled individual is an endangered specie in this country, lagos state is trying but that is not enough, if i tell you stories about happenings in the disability world, you will agree with my opinion 100%
one of the major problems we have in this world MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS, they are usually giving false hope when there is non
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 29, 2022
Lamanii22:
It’s actually going to be stressful but then if you have the strength and time to take care of a disabled child you can keep the child….. for me, I can’t cope….. I pray to God each day for a complete baby without deformity, it’s better not to have a child than having a disabled baby…. Another mind of mine says, if it comes disabled I would keep it I can’t bring my self to kill an innocent baby…..
amen. May god answer your prayers of not having one. aborting such pregnancies is the best option.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 29, 2022
I repeat, motivational speakers are one of the major problems we have presently, then africa, nigeria especially use to carry religious matters on their heads like gala.
why on earth will you allow an ss child to leave when discovered at childbirth? a miracle to happen later right?

why will you allow a child who have incurable mental illness to suffer knowing fully well that the child will not be productive or useful in life? yes like someone said earlier, some couple are looking for just a child they can call their own so they will accept every kind they gave birth to. the question is, MUST EVERY COUPLE HAVE CHILDREN? this is purely selfshness

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Unzerious: 8:10am On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:

Right to suffer should have been more appropriate here. and there is a difference between LIVING and EXISTING.

I don't know your Perspective, but Mercy Killing isn't a Solution.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2022
Unzerious:

I don't know your Perspective, but Mercy Killing isn't a Solution.
Can you suggest a better option? don't mention the government pls
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 29, 2022
Acidosis:
1. Your campaign is achievable but make sure you have enough money to share around so pregnant women can carryout ultrasound and other investigations to know which child is disabled or not. You'll also need a lot of funds for education as this is a major problem.

2. States like Zamfara and Bayelsa have less than 30% antenatal visits. The national average is about 53%. Mind you, when we talk about antenatal visits, it is mostly about people who visit primary healthcare centers where you can't find a laboratory.

3. Not all disabilities are congenital. Some are a result of highway accident, workplace hazards, polio, etc. What are you going to do about people in this category? Shoot them on sight?

4. My opinion is that the most achievable goal is to build healthcare (antenatal) centres or start a campaign and distribute supplements like zinc to pregnant women to address the risk of congenital diseases. I believe you will make a difference with this. For all forms of disabilities in general, it is completely up to the government to provide an enabling and friendly environment for everyone to thrive.

Best take on the matter.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by cococandy(f): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:

True. But it calls for a reform. Not death to the disabled.
Btw most disability is acquired after birth. This poster may be disabled but has such an astounding ignorance about the issue of disability.

He’s literally chanting eugenics thinking he’s doing something here. Dangerous topic

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by cococandy(f): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2022
Only a relatively few cases of disability are congenital actually.

Acidosis:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
cococandy:

True. But it calls for a reform. Not death to the disabled.
Btw most disability is acquired after birth. This poster may be disabled but has such an astounding ignorance about the issue of disability.

He’s literally chanting eugenics thinking he’s doing something here. Dangerous topic
Ignorant about the issue of disability? it may be true sha, but i'm one and felt it more than you can inmagine, our society did not/willing to attempt to make provision for pwd's to live a better life. it's a dangerous topic actually but i have no option than to voice this opinion out due to what is on ground. you may be in the city and may not know what is happening around but i tell you today that the situation of pwds is bad and can most of them can be classified as living dead
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
cococandy:
Only a relatively few cases of disability are congenital actually.

This is also true. but my point is; why not try to eliminate this few cases that are congenital and save the parents sufferings and above all, help the child to avoid the pains of life he will experience? i was trying to promote it cos if you look at it well, people with congenital problems are worst than those who acquire these problems later in life. their intervention programs are NOT present in this country i.e when do you hear of an I.E.P conference talkless of placement in africa. bottom line is, this individuals are left to fate and pass through alot from discrimination to the many handicaping conditions they face etc till death
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by cococandy(f): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2022
What types of congenital disabilities do you know about?

udoji2021:

This is also true. but my point is; why not try to eliminate this few cases that are congenital and save the parents sufferings and above all, help the child to avoid the pains of life he will experience? i was trying to promote it cos if you look at it well, people with congenital problems are worst than those who acquire these problems later in life. their intervention programs are NOT present in this country i.e when do you hear of an I.E.P conference talkless of placement in africa. bottom line is, this individuals are left to fate and pass through alot from discrimination to the many handicaping conditions they face etc till death
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2022
cococandy:
What types of congenital disabilities do you know about?

Chromosonal disorders.

rh incompartibility related disorders.

deafness/blindness.

mental retardation.

mental illness

etc
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by GloriousGbola: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2022
This thread and eugenics reminded me of Gattaca.

Gonna watch the movie again
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Good story too.. undecided
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:

What happened in the movie?
Re: Am I Wicked Or Been Sincere About This? by GloriousGbola: 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2022
udoji2021:

What happened in the movie?

Science fiction. A society where they had used science to breed out any kind of 'defect'. So people with any kind of defects 'bad eyesight' etc were an underclass.

There's a lot more to it, but let me not spoil it.

Just remember one of the US' greatest presidents was confined to a wheelchair.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is It That When You Have A Child With A Man Or Woman In The Nigerian Communi / Lebanese And British Man Fight In Custody Battle Over Nigerian Woman/kids! ! ! / Baby Boy Or Baby Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.