Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri (11294 Views)

Take Responsibility And Stop The Blame Game – PDP Group Tells Diri / I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Bobloco: 6:43am On Apr 29, 2022
Presidential aspirant on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Peter Obi, has said he is not desperate to be president bur desperate to make Nigeria work.

The two-time governor of Anambra State and vice presidential candidate of the PDP in 2019 stated this, yesterday, when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Douye Diri at the Bayelsa State Government House in Yenagoa.

Obi said Nigeria was a great country with untapped potential, noting that he was desperate to move the nation away from a consumption economy to a productive one.

He stressed that Nigeria was not working because of its unproductive state, which, he said, was unacceptable to the nation’s young, intelligent and smart population.

Obi asserted that if elected Nigeria’s president, he would end the current oil revenue sharing formula and introduce a production formula, particularly in agriculture and ICT.

He said the $18bn Nigeria oil monthly income could not be compared to Facebook or Twitter, which was just sold for $44bn.

“I am aspiring to lead this country. For me, it is not a desperate aspiration but I am desperate to see Nigeria work.

“This is a great country and I have a simple thing to do. I want to move it from consumption to a productive country. It is not working because it is not a productive country,” he said.

In his remarks, Diri said Obi proved his worth, while he served as governor of Anambra, especially when he saved and handed over N75bn to his successor.

Diri said Nigeria needed well-equipped and knowledgeable people like Obi to rescue the country from those who have failed to fix it.

https://guardian.ng/politics/im-desperate-to-make-nigeria-work-obi-tells-diri/

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Segunaja: 6:46am On Apr 29, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by marcusaurelio(m): 6:48am On Apr 29, 2022
Lol you don’t have to become a president to make an impact brother man

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by alsudan: 6:49am On Apr 29, 2022
The Lee Kuan Yew of Nigeria.

Only you can take our Great Country to the same heights if not bigger as Lee did for Singapore.

Nigeria will get it right, Nigerians are tired of playing ethnic religious politics with nothing to show.

Nigerians will vote for Peter Obi in 2023 as President of the FRN.

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Dikegodspower(m): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2022
Desperation is desperation.
Obi should stop deceiving himself

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:51am On Apr 29, 2022
LeoDeking is a pig

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by CoronaVirusPro: 6:51am On Apr 29, 2022
Someone should tell Peter Obi the truth.

It will be easier for Peter Okoye (Psquare) to become the President of Nigeria than Peter Obi.

Hommie should stop chasing shadows!

You cannot even get a PDP presidential ticket and you talking about President of Nigeria.

39 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by foryourmindlol: 6:53am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
Someone should tell Peter Obi the truth.

It will be easier for Peter Okoye (Psquare) to become the President of Nigeria than Peter Obi.

Hommie should stop chasing shadows!

You cannot even get a PDP presidential ticket and you talking about President of Nigeria.

[/s]
Why are all these Tinubu urchins always copying and posting the same gibberish every single day?

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by otipoju(m): 6:55am On Apr 29, 2022
Lets start producing !!!

Follow who know road !!! Peter knows the way.

Peteru lo ma tun to!!! Peter will reset it.

Obi lo ma she dada!!! Translated Obi will do it well.

Egbe fun Peteru !!! Make we carry am give Peter.

Solid as a Rock !!! Tested and Trusted!!

No more waste !!!

Campaign slogans if Obi wins the PDP.

Let him go and look for good musicians to compose catchy refrains in different languages along these lines. P

People knows he knows the way out but you got to appeal to their heart, get into their heads and stay in there with catchy chorus.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by CoronaVirusPro: 6:59am On Apr 29, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]
Why are all these Afonja Muslims always copying and posting the same gibberish every single day?

Cos it’s the truth!

Stare at the reality facing you and stop dreaming!

It will easier for Arsenal FC to win the UEFA Champions League than for Obi becoming President.

Face reality and stop using emotions to analyze politics.

You talking about President of Nigeria when you know fully well he won’t even get a PDP ticket.

So why deceive the man? Cos you getting paid for raising his hopes which is false!

President of Nigeria you said? I would have agreed if you said President of Awka Trader’s Association

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by foryourmindlol: 7:03am On Apr 29, 2022
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Cos it’s the truth!

Stare at the reality facing you and stop dreaming!

It will easier for Arsenal FC to win the UEFA Champions League than for Obi becoming President.

Face reality and stop using emotions to analyze politics.

You talking about President of Nigeria when you know fully well he won’t even get a PDP ticket.

So why deceive the man? Cos you getting paid for raising his hopes which is false!

President of Nigeria you said? I would have agreed if you said President of Awka Trader’s Association
[/s]

May your innocent children never inherit this amount of senselessness from your genes.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Blakjewelry(m): 7:08am On Apr 29, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]
Why are all these Afonja Muslims always copying and posting the same gibberish every single day?
You are multiplying the division

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Karlman: 7:13am On Apr 29, 2022
Tell them! May God let them hear!
Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by omenka(m): 7:18am On Apr 29, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
LeoDeking is a pig
Dude must have done a serious number on your mind for you to COMPLETELY veer off the subject matter to type this nonsense.

That said, Pandora should stop goofing around already. Even APUGA wouldn't give him their ticket.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Cheq40: 7:19am On Apr 29, 2022
MAKE D BEST MAN WIN... if u know u know
Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Tinubuadvocate: 7:22am On Apr 29, 2022
Nigerian will never vote one useless desperado in 2023.

149 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:36am On Apr 29, 2022
Umahi or Peter Obi for me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Fapemz: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2022
sad
Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Newbreed2018: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2022
The man to fix the economy. A true technocrat. Filled with ideas and values. Not one with a lifetime ambition who have nothing to offer but just wants to answer President and to waste tax payers money on medical tourism.

Obi is the man. Okwute! NKUME! Chiri ga wa!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Nova1988(m): 7:36am On Apr 29, 2022
I'm desperate to make Nigeria work steal Nigeria's money*

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by danot1030: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2022
Obi sorry, your kinsmen have created more than enough enemies with people from other tribes to give you a win not even at the PDP primary election.

You will see how they will come here to attack me o.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by mimon: 7:36am On Apr 29, 2022
In as much as I am not an Obi I enthusiast, I still love to see him take charge of the presidency. The only problem I have with him is his weak political structure. Nobody really knows this guy outside the Eastern and South South region.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Think9ja(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
Has this guy been to the north?

He's just moving from one southern state to the other as if he doesn't need these abok!'s votes.

PDP will lose this election because as at today, they do not have one person that can win them election.

Present a northern candidate and they'll lose massively.

The question now is who is the southern candidate that can win it? The answer is none!

APC has Osinbajo, Tinubu and Ameachi, all from the south.
Who does the PDP have? Nobody.

If you think this issue of zoning is inconsequential in this 2023 election then you are dreaming.
Power is returning south and there's nothing anyone like Atiku can do.

Even Atiku knows that this is not 2019 that people were desperate to remove Buhari. This time around, he's definitely leaving.

Interesting times ahead

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
We know
Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by donprinyo(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
marcusaurelio:
Lol you don’t have to become a president to make an impact brother man
Give us example?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by omowolewa: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
Good man

1 Like

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by ATEAMS: 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
Oyyana
Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by Johnheir2(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2022
*In his remarks, Diri said Obi proved his worth, while he served as governor of Anambra, especially when he saved and handed over N75bn to his successor*

With this, he's capable but sentiment, tribalism, favoritism won't make that happen.

8 Likes

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by supereagle(m): 7:38am On Apr 29, 2022
With the Fulani constitution.
Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by sonofthunder: 7:38am On Apr 29, 2022
Scammers

2 Likes

Re: I’m Desperate To Make Nigeria Work, Obi Tells Diri by bigdammyj: 7:38am On Apr 29, 2022
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna Bombing: FG Vows To Punish Culprits, ACF Demands GOC’s Removal / Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! / APC Data Centre Not For Cloning Pvcs But For Member Registration – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.