Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! (11287 Views)

I Willl Restore Nigeria’s Fading Glory –buhari / Israel Begins Mass Deportation Of Nigerians. / Nigerian Oil Baron Fights Deportation From Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
Home » News & Reports » Press Releases
News and Reports
Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory!

The Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, has observed with uneasiness, the deportation of 125 Nigerian citizens on the excuse of possession of Yellow fever vaccine Certificates that were not genuine.
Ordinarily, it is part of the rights of any sovereign Nation to make discretionary requirements for the procurement of its visa. What is irregular  in this case was that the presentation of the yellow fever certificate is sine qua non to the issuance of the South African visa; the hapless Nigerians (including Children on excursion) were subjected to humiliating ordeal at the South African port of entry with ‘no food’, ‘no water’ for up to 24 hours before their formal deportation.

It is our view that this is an ostensible reason and not the underlying motive for this cruel action by the South African authority. With the probability of error tilting more on the negligence of the South African embassy staff and not the Nigerians validly issued visa, the South African authority could have saved the day by offering inoculation service for a fee; the humiliating treatment of the Nigerians was odious and therefore, unacceptable!

What is inevitably playing out is the shambolic foreign policy thrust of the Nigerian state in recent times. The preponderance of Ambassadorial positions had, largely, been used for obsequious partisan patronage with no regard for professionalism and competence. The subsisting foreign policy of the country, anchored on Africa as its center piece, needs to be appraised. Nigeria and Nigerians’ interests ought to be the center piece of the Nation’s foreign policy thrust. The maturation of the Nation’s electoral process is still at the unenviable level where incumbents seek to win at all costs with the attendant thuggish distortion and disruption. This, obviously, vitiates the ‘big-brother’ status of Nigeria in the African continent.

The principle of reciprocity is a potent foreign relations instrument that Nations employ to assert their sovereignty and craving for respectability. Whilst the South African state had, in the past, unleashed this regime of Yellow Card inspection on intending Nigerian visitors (despite the WHO’s  certification of Nigeria as  free from Yellow fever), it is vitally important that intending South African visitors to Nigeria should henceforth be  certified free from the prevalent diseases in South Africa like HIV and Tuberculosis.

Finally, it is our considered opinion that, as part of the mutually agreed settlement of this furore, the South African authority must adequately compensate these traumatized Nigerians that have been so shabbily treated!

God bless Nigeria.

cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/mass-deportation-south-africa-another-sign-nigeria%E2%80%99s-fading-glory
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Nigerd(m): 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2012
ur subject and content are not equal
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by gulfer: 3:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
Niger_d:

ur subject and content are not equal

Doesn't matter anyway but what GLORY by the way is the OP talking about.
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by opokonwa(m): 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
gulfer:

You took that one out of my mouth. I never knew that Nigeria had any 'Glory' undecided
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
What  is Cattlefucker Peoples Congress (CPC) taking about sef?!   angry
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by jspac(m): 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
undecided
gulfer:

Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by opokonwa(m): 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
Okija_juju:

What  is Cattlefucker Peoples Congress (CPC) taking about sef?!   angry
grin  Very provocative
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by morpheus24: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
I see no issues with reciprocity as regards the Yellow card requirement.

Hence forth All Southern African countries should certify they are HIV negative to enter the shores of the country.

Its only fair in this case. !!1
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Mcdondayan: 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
CPC GO AND SIT DOWN LET REASONABLE PEOPLE TALK OR U WANT TO START OFF ANOTHER "POST DEPORTATION PROTEST" WHO LL U KILL THIS TYM?

MAY B S.A. NYSC MEMBERS
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Ournaija: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2012
No be una talk say we be giant of Africa  
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by achi4u(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
Ournaija:

No be una talk say we be giant of Africa  
we no be giant again?? grin
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
na wa o, no be we be giant of africa? well since we dey fade, i been think say, make we use this wash ourself na

Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by achi4u(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nigerians are suffering all over the world, from hawking to babysitter and many othet funny deals.

were're like sheep without sheephard
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by OneNaira6: 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin @ the reason they deported Nigerians

This is insult upon injury. I thought it was something serious

This is childish SA. Taa Tufiakwa
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by achi4u(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
Donlittle:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
na wa o, no be we be giant of africa? well since we dey fade, i been think say, make we use this wash ourself na
u think say this OMO go wash us clean??abeg find somtin stronger!!!!
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by merengue: 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2012
Abeg which glory una dey yarn about? The one for corruption (Undisputed World Champion) or madness (Boko Haram, MEND, ritual murder, all sorts of stealing), which one?
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by achi4u(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
merengue:

Abeg which glory una dey yarn about? The one for corruption (Undisputed World Champion) or madness (Boko Haram, MEND, ritual murder, all sorts of stealing), which one?
all of the above.plus+plus+ plitical magomago
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2012
Watch out for tonight, the whole plane shall be sent back with the whole passengers including nigerian south african whites embarassed
In fact if you see the face of our immigration guys this afternoon, men, you go fear grin
The only saviour for them is only can come in from ghana another rival embarassed
Or through Niger international airport another common rival cry
If given the chance, switch off the light at arrival and order the passengers to trek from tarmac C11 to entrance and check their yellow fever card and hiv/ clearance card shocked. Any one not stamped today shall be rejected smileySeize the medical card and bounce the person with the intention of verifying the legitimacy etc smiley
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by paleo(m): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
We still maintain our position na, we are still d GI ant of africa.
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by blacksta(m): 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
it is not by force to accept fake Yellow fever certificate.  you people no get shame
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by sisdudu: 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
the thing u fail 2 understand u guys is tat,only white south africans come tere
2 do busness.not blacks so think again who wil really suffer here shocked
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
South Africans are very STUPID! Well everybody should stay in their country then, it's not like nobody is without country. Nigeria is DSTV and MTN's biggest market yet this bastards treat us like SHIT. Honestly I blame our GOVT! It's time Nigeria stops tolerating crap, look at even the world's AIDS capital (sa) is deporting Nigerians, Tragic!
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by juman(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
slimdamatrix:

South Africans are very silly! Well everybody should stay in their country then, it's not like nobody is without country. Nigeria is DSTV and MTN's biggest market yet this bastards treat us like poo. Honestly I blame our GOVT! It's time Nigeria stops tolerating crap, look at even the world's AIDS capital (sa) is deporting Nigerians, Tragic!

Abi o.
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Ournaija: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
But our boys no dey try.

The other I went to SA, see how Naija guys were avoiding two Whites South Africans over the counter for fear of detecting fake documents like yellow card.  lipsrsealed

Omo come see how the black guys queue long as if they were paying our men for staying on the queue. Everyone know that the Blacks can comprise but not the Whites. undecided

Something must be wrong with Black Africans. cool
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Beaf: 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2012
"Nigeria’s Fading Glory!?" angry angry angry

What a bunch of unpatriotic id!ots those CPC people are.

Everything about CPC is about declaring Nigeria to be a disgusting thing.
If they are so bitter about losing the last elections that they are so willing to always identfy with negativity, then they might as well leave the country and become Ghanaians, Togolese or Chadians.
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by Henry40: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory!

Dude, this aint no sign of "Nigeria's fading glory," this is evidence of Nigeria's faded glory! The most obvious "Sign of Nigeria's Fading Glory," was the gradual sinking into extinction of the entire manufacturing sector of a country with about 150 Mill people. How many countries with "glory" do you know of that have an extinct industrial manufacturing sector?
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by BetaThings: 6:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
Beaf:

"Nigeria’s Fading Glory!?" angry angry angry

What a bunch of unpatriotic id!ots those CPC people are.

Everything about CPC is about declaring Nigeria to be a disgusting thing.
If they are so bitter about losing the last elections that they are so willing to always identfy with negativity, then they might as well leave the country and become Ghanaians, Togolese or Chadians.
Under your man's (GEJ) watch
Driver's licence fee - up
Vehicle registration fee - up
Toll plazas - coming
Fuel price - up
Accountability - down
Arrangee NNPC audit - introduced
Fuel subsidy increased from N600b to N1.7tr. No questions asked and they kept paying
Who do you think can approve N100b payment without budgetary approval, let alone N1.5tr
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by betty009(f): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by rasputinn(m): 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2012
[size=14pt]FG:It's now ti.t for tat with South Africa[/size]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-it-s-now-Bosom-for-tat-with-south-africa/110850/

As at yesterday,officers of the NIS have deported a total of 94 South Africans.I hope more of their numbers were shipped right back from the airports  SA today to equalise the score.

Mr President has shown that he is independent-minded,and he is ready for do-me-I-do-you tango with any nation state that crosses the line.The concerned cabinet ministers have been so briefed,that's why BA and the authorities of Heathrow airport were made to swallow the bitter pill of do-me-I-do-you and were forced to implement the spirit and letter of the BASA signed between the two nations.

Come to think of it,it's SA that stands to lose more in this scenario as most Nigerians that go to SA,either do so to "hustle" i.e work independently,create jobs there;whether legit or otherwise,most are just tourists,very few are students or white collar workers.
On the other hand however,over 80% of South Africans that come to Nigeria,actually come to take jobs that better qualified Nigerians should have had,they abuse Nigeria's expat quota regime and bring in half-baked "professionals"( I still remember some two dudes from SA that worked as regional managers for one major telco TSP between 2002 and 2007,one of them was a plumber,while the other was a pig farmer) to come and occupy the very top positions in most telco,hospitality,aviation etc companies,simply because those companies are from SA and have found a way of exploiting our free investment climate that has ensured that most businesses that are struggling in SA have become global players simply because of the volume of turn over from their Nigerian outlets.
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by rasputinn(m): 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
rasputinn:

[size=14pt]FG:It's now Bosom shocked shocked shocked for tat with South Africa[/size]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-it-s-now-Bosom-for-tat-with-south-africa/110850/

Seun,what's bosom for tat,your spam bot is a villager grin grin grin
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by rasputinn(m): 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
rasputinn:

[size=14pt]FG:It's now Bosom shocked shocked shocked for tat with South Africa[/size]

Seun,what's bosom for tat,your spam bot is a villager  grin grin grin
Re: Mass Deportation From South Africa: Another Sign Of Nigeria’s Fading Glory! by morpheus24: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
Fading Glory

More like good competition.

Now that there is a new player on the African scene vis a vis economic and political dominance, it will surely push the Nigerian govt to sit up and start doing things properly

If you ask me its good for the country. If you can't hang then fade out!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC / World Bank Releases List Of Nigerian Looters With Foreign Bank Accounts / Reject Public Money Stolen By Your Husbands, Sultan Advises Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.